main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[Titles/Stuff] Please clarify the following for me

Discussion in 'Communications' started by RidingMyCarousel, Jul 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    Everytime I login, I come to find that my italics are removed.
    I have no messages for any manager or admin at all. But it's always reset.
    Yet, there are people in my WUL that have crazy things to their title.
    It's because I'm whiney, isn't it?

Seriously - is there some new rule?
    And if there's a previous thread, please link and I'll go back to hiding in my hole.

thankyou.

2. hear+soul

hear+soul Jedi Master star 6

Nov 5, 2004
    *raises hands*

I can explain this.

*explains*

3. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    You shall meet the demands of James by sundown or suffer his wrath.

-Seldon

4. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    I will tell you, but first, you must find us.....A SHRUBBERY! Not too fancy.

5. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Everytime you log in or just the last time? There's no new policy to my knowledge, but I did notice that you got a game ban on 7/17, that would require you to be demoted and re-promoted to VIP, thus removing your customization to your user name. Beyond that I have no idea what could be causing it.

6. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    Hmmm, strange. Maybe none of the admin like you anymore, James. I still lub j00, though.

7. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    I took your italics, hehehe!!!!!

-Edit- but not really

8. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    and I think even for the game ban/demotion he kept his title. Because the admin action log doesn't show any entries with his title (last 30 days only, of course)

wait... did you have someone fix it? because that, too, should show up. You don't show up at all. Either that or I can't search properly.

and you're italic right now...
    if it reappears magically
    it's a glitch

why on earth should we put up a title policy just for formatting? NO ITALICS FOR YOU! but <br>s for us! har har!

EDIT: Duh, that html tag worked, of course. it's supposed to show...

9. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    Dump your cache & reset your cookiees.

I haven't have any trouble with my name decorations.

Edit: Also mods, are we planning to smack these kids down for raising their post counts with utterly spamful posts in Comms or what?

10. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Oh! You meant title not user name. Sorry, misread that. And DA, that's for the admins to decide, not the mods. Comms is their territory.

11. hear+soul

Nov 5, 2004

My apologies.

RMC, I think if you dump your cache and reset your cookies that may help.

12. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    Why must some people post when they have no idea what they are talking about?

13. hear+soul

Nov 5, 2004
    I hate to explain jokes, even bad jokes, but you have forced me to do so, Jeff.

You see, DarthAttourney posted:

Dump your cache & reset your cookiees.

I haven't have any trouble with my name decorations.

Edit: Also mods, are we planning to smack these kids down for raising their post counts with utterly spamful posts in Comms or what?

That edit was a shot at the first few posters in this thread, which includes me.

So, I thought 'twas a perfect opportunity to crack a joke, even if it wasn't all too funny.

I replied by "apologizing," then saying exactly what DA said. "Dump your cache and reset your cookies."

In doing so, I not only playfully mocked DA, but also, if DA was right [I have no idea about this because I'm not an admin, mod, or VIP], then I sort of would have sort of contributed sort of [not really].

Anyway, if you were saying that I didn't know what I was talking about based on that line "dump your cache and reset your cookies," then I suppose you really think that DarthAttourney didn't know what he was talking about.

At any rate, the monkey found a new banana and everyone was happy except for the rhino, who's company ultimately met it's demise at the hands of bandai, a computer company created by Bill Gates, who is incidentally a good friend of George Lucas, the founder of the Light Brigade.

14. DarthAttorney

Nov 8, 2000
    [face_hypnotized]

15. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    Thanks for another example of an utterly spamful post!

16. DarthAttorney

Nov 8, 2000
    Clearly you do the interweb very well.

If you follow the flow of ideas, I was implying that your post of "plz don post wot u don no k lolz" was not a constructive solution to the matter at hand and, therefore, not on topic and, therefore, spam.

If you have helpful suggestions, please follow my example and post them in an effort to remedy this situation.

:)

17. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    Now, seems to me, users aren't supposed to mod threads, and are instead instructed to PM mods with their suggestions.

But maybe you forgot that.

18. Admiral-Snackbar-81

Admiral-Snackbar-81 Jedi Youngling star 4

May 23, 2004
    But, it seems to me that informing a person that they aren't in the TOS can be alot more constructive and inform other users who are reading the thread without having to narc. Just so long as someone doesn't become the post police, or impersonate a mod, requesting people not spam is within TOS.

By those definitions, wouldn't threatening to call the mods if someone thinks someone is spamming a threat, and by the same definitions, users moderating? If so, I'd greatly appreciate a very mod-ful apology. The Outcast thread in JCC did that when me and another user posted in there. Altho, since we werent part of the secret society of *sits on couch*, i guess we weren't welcome anyways

19. DarthAttorney

Nov 8, 2000
    Seems to me you're fronting for your e-bf in a forum you don't mod. Your response clearly didn't contribute to a solution in this thread Droideka27 and really just triggered my response. It makes me sad to see that the standards here have slipped so far as to allow moderators to openly snipe at users in a forum designed to solve problems. Some may say that posts like yours are one of the problems when they have nil constuctive input.

It makes me feel real sad on the inside :(

20. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Some may say that posts like yours are one of the problems when they have nil constuctive input.

In all fairness, it doesn't appear to be "some" people who are suggesting that; it's just you so far. Do you have reason to believe there are many other users who are bothered by posts that don't contribute to a thread? And if so, who's to decide what is a useful reply and what is spam?

Personally, I miss the era when mods and users alike were allowed to joke around in Comms a bit at the end of the day. It might not have seemed like the most practical use of the Comms forum, but it did a lot to ease tensions between e-rivals and help users feel like the mods were just regular people.

21. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
    Hey DLM! Remember the time you banned me and I thought it was Sapes? [face_laugh] :_| [face_laugh]

22. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    I banned you? Are you serious? I always made a point of banning so infrequently that I remember almost every spank and ban I gave out, and I have no memory of that one. :p

23. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Wow. This thread is entertaining...the things you learn when you come to Comms.

Did you ever get this fixed James or is it still doing it? Mine went wonky a bit Saturday, it disappeared when I logged on and then after I posted something, it came back... [face_hypnotized]

24. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Obi-Zahn Kenobi Force Ghost star 7

Aug 23, 1999
    Personally, I miss the era when mods and users alike were allowed to joke around in Comms a bit at the end of the day. It might not have seemed like the most practical use of the Comms forum, but it did a lot to ease tensions between e-rivals and help users feel like the mods were just regular people.

Me too. Comms used to be one of my most favoritest forums. COME BACK INTERNET_DRAMA!!!! :_| :_| :_|

25. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    I was banned for a game? Seriously? If I joined one I certainly don't remember.

And I meant for my username, not title. I believe Sapey made my title sexy looking.

But my span class isn't italics for my name. But oh well. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.