main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG TNP Big Walk 2005

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by Darth_Eagle, Mar 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    u guys wanna meet up one day and register together??

2. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Do we already know how much it will cost to print the logos for the banner, and how much the materials will cost us - fabric, paint, poles, etc.?

Can we get together to register for the Big Walk, as well as to put the banner together?

I suggest 7 or 8 May for the next meet-up, 'cos 14 May onwards, we'll already be busy with all kinds of Star Wars-related activities.

This means that we will have to have the logos printed by 7 or 8 May, and the materials for the banner already bought, so that when we meet up, we just have to put it all together.

What do you guyz think?

3. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Registering together isn't really necessary, though I suppose it'll give us an idea of how many people are taking part in the Big Walk.

Wow not much time left..8 May is already the Sunday after this week. Hope we can finish in one day..otherwise..

4. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    So... are we still taking part in this as a Fanforce?

5. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    We still could, technically. Banner may not be possible unless we rush it in the last couple of days.

Anyway, do take note that the Big Walk starts at 7:30am on Sunday, and on Saturday we'd be doing our Costume Parade and will probably end a bit late. It's a question of whether or not we'll be too tired for the walk.

6. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    I bet when I leave for KL that Sun nite, I'll be snoring my way to KL. :p

Maybe for those taking part in the Big Walk, we can SMS or call each other 6am in the morning to make sure we have wake up by then to have enough time to get ready and make our way to the assembling area. ;)

7. JediJean

Apr 1, 2002
    Just a wee little bitty clarification here...

We'll be registering on our own for The New Paper Big Walk, right?

But we'll be meeting up on that day and walking together, right?

8. Yazid_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    gee, i dun think signing up wud be necessary right? i mean, its ot like we're gonna win or anything?hehe

9. JediJean

Apr 1, 2002
    I was gonna sign up, but I gave in to the Dark Side of the flu bug, so I never made it to any of the sign-up booths or anything like that... if it's possible to "gatecrash" the Big Walk, then I'll be there.

10. lukedecop

lukedecop Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 25, 2002
    Shouldnt be a problem, i have seen pple who just tag along with no number tags. Registration is just a formal thing. Some pple register to get the tag, or to make it offical and get the free goodies, T-shirts and such. Also i think also sometimes u want to like register as a grp package, they got special prize or something.
    But hope u get well soon :)

Cheers

11. JediJean

Apr 1, 2002
    Thanks, Lukedecop... I tried to rest as much as I could over the weekend, 'cos I wouldn't wanna miss the Charity Premiere tonite for anything in the world! My cough today isn't as bad as it was before, the fever is gone, and my nose isn't running away from me, so I reckon I'm well enough to attend and have fun at tonite's Charity Premiere... LOL! :p

12. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Glad to see that you are better, JediJean. :)

Think I'm gonna have to 'gatecrash' Big Walk too..

13. Yazid_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    hmmm, seeing u well again brings warmth to my heart.
    gatecrash you will, mind trick them if u must. slash them do not, or walk u cannot.
    Jedi will be there, sith will be there. Trekkie will too will be there. unexpected this is, and unfortunate.

14. DarthCrovus

DarthCrovus Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 3, 2005
    ****z! I would join you guys if I could.....sadly I can't. I gotta rush out my audio edits. Being put on hold for weeks coz of all the prep work for this. Now I need to catch up bad! Anways, you guys have loads of fun sweating in your costume! =p!!!

15. Yazid_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    unexpected this is, and unfortunate... (i shud really stop saying this)

16. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    I saw this while looking through TNP Website for photos from the Charity Premiere last nite:

3 days left to sign up

By popular demand, registration for the Big Walk has been extended by another three days. So hurry and sign up today.

WHEN: Sunday, 22 May
    FLAG-OFF: 7.30am
    ROUTE LENGTH: 10km (for both competitive and fun walkers)
    REGISTRATION: (Competitive) $5 at the Singapore Amateur Athletic Association and Suntec City Mall (Level 1, Galleria Link).

(Fun walkers) $4 at Causeway Point (Level 1), HDB Hub (Mall Area), IMM (Information Counter), McDonald's Parkway Centre, McDonald's Plaza Singapura, Suntec City Mall (Level 1, Galleria Link), Tampines Mall

LUCKY DRAW PRIZES: 1st prize: A Nissan Latio Sport worth $64,000, without COE. Other prizes include AIBI exercise equipment, Motorola handphones, Nikon cameras and Timex watches.

17. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Hmm dunno if I should sign up.. :confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.