main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends To Save a Jedi- JA- Obi angst Complete 5/04!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Mar 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_FuzzyWuzzy

Jedi_FuzzyWuzzy Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2003
    Hiya oe

Just tagging this to mark it so I can read when I don't have homework :(

......Flash

2. Aquas_Knight

Aquas_Knight Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 12, 2002
    ^that she said.

3. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    PS Yup! He needs his Master! :(

Sheila Poor Obi! :_|

froggy lol :D

Nikita I write him as nice occassionally! ;)

PK Thank you! :)

LE Glad you are still reading and enjoying! :D

Jedi_NIfet I know! :_|

Kasiaskywalker Thanks!

Shaindl Mace will be around throughout! ;)

RJK All caught up? :D

Arldetta * waves* Hi! Glad you like and thanks for de-lurking! :D

JS I forgive you Padawan! [face_love]

astro You get your first look at a newly awakened Obi today! :eek:

JFW Hope you enjoy if you read! ;)

Aquas :)

Posty up later today!

4. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    **rolls out of sick bed**

Cough..hack...cough...

**waves at Obi_ew**

Me here...great last few posts...please hurry and post again soon so i have something read as I heal...

PT

5. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    Why didn't someone tell me about this?

That not fair, to leave me in the dark about it all the time.

Vadey

6. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    PT Aw! Sick PT not good! :( Here's a posty for ya!

vadey :eek: Sorry! I just hoped you'd find me eventually! ;)

CHAPTER ELEVEN

Gregor and his Wookiee companion swept into the house,arms loaded with supplies.Dumping his on a nearby table,the Corellian started for Obi-Wan's room.Before he could enter,the door opened and Paraq stepped outside but remained blocking the entrance.

Biting back an angry curse,Gregor gestured toward the door with a sweeping gesture of his hand.

"Do you mind? I'd like to check on Obi-Wan," he growled.

Her golden eyes flashed with a strong emotion,before her lashes lowered to conceal it.

"We need to discuss something first,"she said in a stilted voice.

He was prepared to tell her exactly what he thought of her suggestion until he noted the look of anguish that sharpened her features.

"What's wrong?" he asked worriedly.

Swallowing through the lump in her throat,she grabbed his arm and pulled him away from the closed door.

"He's awake..." she began,only to break off as his eyes lit up with excitement.

Desperate,she grabbed his hands and squeezed them tightly.

"Gregor please just listen to me!"she nearly shouted.

Pulling back at the harshness of her tone,he shared a brief speaking glance with the Wookiee.

"Okay love,you've got our attention.What's the matter?" he asked in a gentler voice.

Her fingers clenched his as she struggled for calm.

"He remembers you and he remembers the prison,but that's all he remembers," she told him.

His brow furrowed in confusion.

"What do you mean?" he demanded.

Paraq blinked back tears before answering.

"He remembers nothing about his life with the Jedi," she explained in a choked voice.

Stunned,Gregor could only stand and stare at her with a blank expression on his face.

"How could he forget those years and yet remember the few months he spent in prison?" he finally asked.

Paraq could only shrug in repsonse.

"The healer was here earlier and told me that sometimes when a person is traumatized this can happen,"she said before holding his gaze."He needs the Jedi, Gregor."

Visibly shaken,Gregor nodded before pulling away and moving toward the room.He stopped with his hand on the control panel and spoke without turning around.

"Does he remember the torture?" he asked through clenched teeth.

"No,thank the Force!" she assured him.

He laughed bitterly, " The precious Force has certainly helped him so far!"

As he entered the room and shut the door,Paraq allowed the tears to stream down her cheeks.A huge hairy paw rested against the side of her head,pulling it to rest against a massive chest.

Inside the room,Gregor leaned back against the door and studied the figure that sat staring out of the window.Obi-Wan had his legs pulled up to rest before him on the chair,his arms clasped around his bent knees.Something seemed to alert him to another presence and his head snapped around.

Large blue-grey eyes focused on Gregor for the first time in months,a wide radiant smile lighting up the young man's face.

"Gregor!" Obi-Wan exclaimed in delight.

The Corellian had to shut his eyes briefly at the familar sound of the refined Core accent.A sound he had begun to fear would never be heard again.Pasting a smile on his face,he moved to stand next to the chair.

"I'm thrilled to see you alert and speaking,little Jedi," he admitted.

The grin slowly drained from Obi-Wan's face and a combination of fear and confusion flooded his eyes.

"Paraq told me that I'm a Jedi,but I don't remember," he whispered in a lost voice.

Squatting down,Gregor reached up and fingered the long russet braid that fell past the young man's shoulder.

"That's okay little one.You've been through alot lately," he said reassuringly."I'm working on getting ahold of your Jedi friends so you can get the help you need."

Obi-Wan's luminous eyes stared at him,the turmoil he felt clearly visible.

"Why can't I just stay here with you and Paraq?" he asked almost desperate

7. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    What a bittersweet reunion between Obi-Wan and Gregor.

"Why can't I just stay here with you and Paraq?" he asked almost desperately. :_|

Who could say "no"? He can certainly stay with me! [face_love]

Heartbreaking oe.

8. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    sniff sniff wahhhhhhh

9. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    awwwwww, big obi eyes with tears, awwwwww

10. astroanna

astroanna Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww..... :( :_|

It's going to be so heartbreaking if Qui finds Obi and all Obi can say is...

"Who are you?"

:_|

I like the way you had Obi lose his long-term memory but not his short-term memory...

Very angsty!

Hopefully the memory loss is only temporary, though...

Of course if and when his memory returns the memories of the torture will come back, too... :(

Great work, obi-ew! :)

11. Nikita

Nikita Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2001
    Ahh!!! How sweet! Gregor is Obi's parental figure!!!! But he has to go back to the Jedi... because I said so!!!!

12. PadmeSolo

PadmeSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    Awww.... really sad and really sweet. :_|

Obi needs help, but somehow I don't think Qui is going to be the right person to help. He just doesn't have the connection with Obi anymore... *humph*

_PSK_

13. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    **raises hands**

I WILL TAKE OBI! You can send him my way...

Great chapter OE and cant wait to read more..

PT

14. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    Hey folks, this isn't about,who wants Obi or not.
    As far as I noticed Obi is wanted by almost everybody in one way or an other.
    The only ones that come to my mind, who don't are Lars and Han.

It's about who can help him most.
    And that would be the Jedi Healers, also seeing Qui-Gon might triger some memory.

Vadey

15. Jedi_Nifet

Jedi_Nifet Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2002
    Poor, poor Obi :_| (argh can't get rid of cliches)

I suddenly had a thought: what if Qui-Gon came in at that moment, and Obi-Wan got scared of him? :eek:

16. Red_Jedi_Knight

Red_Jedi_Knight Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2002
    because dear sweet obi-wan you have people who need you and are trying to find you... you need to be with them

17. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    OMG Obi-ew!

This stroy so far is brilliant. I love the way you have portraid (sp?) the characters, especially qui-gon and your own characters. Its very touching and very well written. Keep up the good work and I hope to see your next update!

:)

Jedi padawan leigh

18. Aquas_Knight

Aquas_Knight Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 12, 2002
    Moving and sweet.really like Gregor
    and Paraq

19. Siri_Kuimini

Siri_Kuimini Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2003
    Obi_ew!! This is top!

*did I just say 'top'?? Wow, I must be regressing to my childhood or something*

20. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Sheila I'd take him! [face_love]

PK * hands her a tissue*

froggy * passes the box*

astro Angst abounds! :D

Nikita Well if you said so then it must be so! ;)

PS :( True!

PT Get in line sister! [face_laugh]

Vadey But would it be a good memory? :eek:

Jedi_Nifet :eek: Wicked Obi angst is what!

RJK Like us? :p

Jedi_padawan_leigh Welcome! :) Hope to see you often also!

Aquas :) Thanks!

Siri_Kuimini Glad you are enjoying and nice to meet you! :D

* Wanders off totally shocked but pleasantly so, by everyone who likes this little fic that almost wasn't! *

CHAPTER TWELVE

Mace stepped off of the aircab and joined the mass of Coruscants inhabitants as they scurried down the clogged walkways.As a member of the Council,he had easy access to speeders that would allow him to avoid the congested streets.However he preferred to mingle with the natives.One never knew who you might meet,that could later be of help.

As he approached Dex's diner,he saw a familiar figure hovering outside of the door,watching him with ill concealed nervousness.When he tipped his head slightly in acknowledgment ,the young man's face relaxed and he slipped inside the diner.Following more slowly,Mace made his way toward the secluded booth in the very back of the establishment.

Sliding into the seat across from the young pilot,he rested his arms on the tabletop and eyed the pilot curiously.

"You have some information for me?" he inquired pleasantly.

Clearing the nervous lump from his throat,Chrito nodded as his gaze swept the room.

"A...friend of mine saw a young man matching your lost Jedi's description on Corellia recently," he said.

Mace's eyes widened as he quickly cautioned himself not to get too excited.

"Did he tell you anything else?" he probed.

"Apparently the young man has suffered some recent trauma and was being taken care of by a Corellian pilot and his companions,"Chrito explained.

"Trauma?" Mace breathed. "How did he describe the young man's condition?"

The pilot waited until a passing serve droid was out of range before replying.

"Physically he could see no visible injuries,although he said the boy moved gingerly,favoring his chest.There did however appear to be some memory loss," he relayed.

Mace's brown eyes bored into him,causing him to shift uneasily.

"What type of memory loss?" he asked weakly.

"He doesn't remember his years with the Jedi," Chrito reluctantly replied.

He watched as the Jedi seemed to slump back in his seat,a look of abject misery clouding his features.

"Force no," Mace whispered under his breath.

Gathering himself,he once again leaned forward.

"Did your friend supply a location or name of who this pilot might be?" he asked.

Chrito hesitated before offering what little information he had been ordered to give.

"His name is Gregor and he's on the capital city of Coronet.If any Jedi happen to be there in the next week,he will contact them," he explained.

Mace studied the young pilot ,but could see no signs of deceit.Chrito had been working for the Jedi for several years now and had so far proven to be trustworthy.At this point,Mace would trust a Hutt if it lead him any closer to finding Obi-Wan.

"Tell your friend that there will be Jedi in Coronet by this time tomorrow," he promised.

Chrito breathed a sigh of relief and nodded as he started to slide out of the booth.A viselike hand clamped down on his arm,halting him in his tracks.Looking over curiously,he found a piercing gaze leveled at him.

"Make sure you tell your friend that if this does prove to be our lost Jedi and he is in good health,the Jedi will compensate him well," Mace told him.

When Chrito nodded in understanding,Mace's eyes hardened in warning.

"However,if this is a hoax or an attempt to blackmail the Order,he will be dealt with accordingly," the Jedi Master promised.

The young pilot shivered at the quiet menace in t

21. PadmeSolo

PadmeSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    Ohhh... I'm not sure how well this is going to turn out. Obi may need someone other than the Jedi to help him at this time... *humph*

Actually this may make things worse, but at least Obi will be at home...

_PSK_

22. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Breathing a sigh of relief that Obi-Wan is going to be returning to the Jedi (eventually). Otherwise, he is much too tempting a target!!

Looking forwaed to the next post.

23. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    "Ah Qui,this news won't sit well with you my friend," he muttered to himself.

Well, I do think Qui-Gon will be relieved to find Obi-Wan alive but he will be devastated that Obi-Wan does not remember him. At least they are on the right track.

You shouldn't be surprised that people are responding to this story oe. It is truly a gem and your rewrite is absolutely wonderful. :)

24. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    *peeks in* ----------------------------------
    ---------------------------------------------
    ---------------------------------------------
    ------------*leaves*

25. Jedi_Nifet

Jedi_Nifet Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2002
    At least Jedi are closer to finding Obi-Wan. But why do I have a feeling it's not going to be this easy. Like maybe a Dark Lord, whoever he is, is going to come out...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.