main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends To Serve My Master- a Story of the Sith- Dark Obi-Wan

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Oct 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    This was supposed to be a vignette, but it transformed itself into something else altogether. I should have the next post up later this weekend.

To Serve My Master

The Sith Master contemplated the vast city below him. It was still a sight that thrilled him, knowing as he did that he held that shimmering jewel in his power. A small smile played on the corners of the noble mouth as his long fingers skimmed over his beard. Yes, his city was beautiful, as it sat shining in the waning sunlight. Soon, the triplet moons would shed their silvered beams over his kingdom, and it would take on a different, softer beauty. He turned away from the window, his smile still firmly in place.

He was content, as content as any of his kind could be. Soon, very soon, all of his plans would come to fruition and he would put into motion the larger plan that had been his ultimate goal for many long years. So long! He had waited so long. He had patiently, had hidden the truth for so long that he had almost forgotten it himself. But it had remained there, a dark shadow that cast itself over everything good and light in his life. The shadow loomed large now. He was ready.

His smile grew colder as he sensed the presence at the door. The circle would soon be complete. His apprentice was ready, having made much progress in the last months. He was strong. He was loyal. And he knew he was expendable if he did not fulfill his role.

He opened the door with a negligent gesture of his hand. It flew open to reveal his apprentice standing there in the doorway, his head properly bowed in submission. As soon as he entered the room, he knelt, making his obeisance.

The Sith Lord smiled possessively at the handsome young man. He looked so sweet and innocent; surely none would suspect what he truly was. They would not look any further than the wide blue eyes; they would not see the darkness that lurked beneath. They would not see the beautiful, encompassing darkness that was his apprentice.

"Rise, young one,? he said quietly. ?You have done well, my young apprentice.?

He had come to his feet, but kept his head properly bowed. ?Thank you, Master.? His eyes briefly met his Master?s but then he lowered the long lashes once more. ?Your guidance as been enlightening, My Lord,? his elegant mouth quirked at his own ironic choice of words.

The Master smiled at the boy?s wit. ?Are you ready for your assignment, young one??

The young man flashed the smile that had made so many hearts flutter. ?Of course, My Lord. You have prepared me for it yourself.?

The Master nodded. ?Yes, I have. And you had better not disappoint me.?

The smile wavered for an instant, and in the young Sith?s place was a scared young boy. But the image flickered and was gone. ?I will not disappoint you, Master, you have my promise.?

?Good, see that you keep your word.?

?When do I leave, Master??

?Tonight.?

?Do you really think they?ll take me back??

The Master laughed. ?Of course, young one! They?ll be thrilled to have rescued you from my clutches.? He sobered. ?You must not let your shields down for one instant! If you do, all of our plans will fail. You do understand, don?t you??

The young man bowed his head once more. ?Of course, Master. I understand.?

The Sith Lord chuckled at his apprentice?s obedience. ?Very good, now remember, you must become the proper little Padawan once more.? He lifted the boy?s chin and stared into the blue eyes. ?You must become a Jedi again, no matter how distasteful it is. You must be my eyes and ears within the Temple. But remember, you are mine.? The voice was possessive and harsh now, but the young man?s heart soared to hear it.

The Master put his hands in the boy?s hair and pulled forward the braid that had remained hidden there throughout the long, torturous months of training. He smiled to see the young Jedi Padawan back, the Sith Apprentice now hidden beneath the innocent façade. ?There, now you look like a weakling again.?

He tugged the boy f

2. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
  3. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    You are going to do more with it :D

4. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Yay! I'm glad you're doing more with this.

5. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    Wow!!! Totally unexpected ending! You've got me chewing my nails now! :D Absolutely wonderful!!! :)

6. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Great to see you are going further with this. It was wonderful the first time I read it and the second.... and the third!

7. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    Wow. I am glad you are going to go further with this one. It is very intense!

Great job as always. You have a way with making me squirm in anticipation.

8. jeday

jeday Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2004
    :eek: :eek: Qui-Gon is the sith?
    Can't wait for more! :D

9. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    A small smile played on the corners of the noble mouth as his long fingers skimmed over his beard. - that gave me my first inkling it was Qui-Gon. The young man flashed the smile that had made so many hearts flutter.-- that confirmed it was it was Obi. It is so very deliciously evil of you and I would really like to see this as a full out story.... please.

10. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    [face_dancing]

I'm so glad you've decided to do more with this. Such a shocking and original premise. I can't wait to see where you take this :D

-sj loves kevin spacey

11. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004
    very interesting twist! I can't wait to read more!

12. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Thank you all for reading.

obaona- Thanks for reading, it really means a lot to me. :)

PadawanKitara- Yes, I am going to do more with it. I am nearly done editing the next update. :D

JediMaster_Jen- Thanks! I am glad to see you are happy about an upcoming update.

Jemmiah- Good. Exactly the reaction I was hoping for. :) Thank you for reading.

dianethx- LOL! Thank you. It's nice to know people enjoyed it.

VadersMistress- Thanks honey! Mom loves you. :*

jeday- You all know I love Qui-Gon, but to have him evil is just so much fun! [face_devil] Thank you for reading.

Healer_Leona- So, I can't fool you huh? We will see... :) Thanks for reading Leona!

solojones- Thank you for the kind words. I am glad to see you have enjoyed it. :)

SarkaVrae- Thank you! It is always nice to get positive feedback. Thank you so much for reading.

Thank you all again! @};-

13. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    So glad you are going to continue. I loved this on the challenge board.

14. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Chapter 2

The newly rescued Padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi was currently sparring in the training salle. The other Padawans had all seemed to find an excuse to observe the young man. Several were seen whispering comments to their friends as he leapt through the air, almost besting the Master against whom he sparred. Finally, both men pulled away, panting and gasping for breath.

?You?ve kept your skills sharp, Obi-Wan,? Mace Windu said as he struggled to slow his racing heart. ?Very good,? he murmured, although his eyes narrowed as he considered the young man.

Obi-Wan bowed deeply, the picture of the perfect Jedi Padawan. ?Thank you, Master Windu.? He grinned and Mace?s tightened expression relaxed. ?I had nothing to do for many days and so I would practice my katas.? The bright smile faltered. ?It kept my mind occupied and off?other things.? He flashed an embarrassed glance at the Jedi Master.

Mace clapped him on the shoulder. ?You did well under terrible circumstances, Padawan. You have done nothing of which you should feel ashamed.?

Obi-Wan did not reply, but Mace felt the stiff shoulders relax.

?And now I would imagine you are hungry! All teenage boys are always hungry, are they not?? Master Windu said. ?Go and get cleaned up and get yourself some dinner.?

?Thank you, Master,? Obi-Wan said. Then he grabbed up his gear and jogged out of the salle.

Behind him, the dark-eyed Master stared at the retreating figure. The boy had been back for more than a month now, and had adjusted remarkably well. Even though some of the worst bruises had not completely faded he had thrown himself into a rigorous training schedule.

Everyone on the council was pleased with the boy?s recovery, his swift re-entry into Temple life. But something about the boy nagged at him. What had he endured? And how had it marked him? He wondered what would become of the promising young Padawan.

Obi-Wan sat in the darkness of his humble quarters. His lips twisted as he considered what the Jedi deemed appropriate surroundings for those in their charge. It always amazed him, the ignorance of the so-called wise. The Jedi made sure to display their humility, their distaste for the opulent and luxurious. It was a form of pride in itself, though they refused to see it. But their day had come, and they did not even know it.

He smiled in the shadowed corner where he knelt. He sent out his thoughts to his true Master, and felt the reassuring touch that only he could provide. He was not alone, not even in this terrible place. Always, his Master would be with him. Master was eternal.

His smile slipped a bit as he considered the Jedi Master Windu. He had begun to suspect something was amiss with the returned young Padawan.

He would have to be extremely careful around the observant old fool. If Windu became too troublesome he would simply contact his Master and let him take care of the problem. He chuckled quietly, knowing that the esteemed Master Windu would be quite surprised at the solution his Master would devise. Quite surprised and displeased. It was a cheerful notion.

The Sith Lord ended his meditation. He had felt his apprentice?s questing touch. He had reached out just enough to comfort him and then retreated discreetly. There was no sense in taking foolish chances. He knew the boy found it painful to be sullied by the light of the Jedi. He was such a beautifully dark young man. His core churned with the energies of the Dark Side. He smiled as he thought of how he had molded the model Jedi Padawan into the perfect Sith apprentice.

It had been easy, really. One simply had to know where to push and when. He knew the boy better than any of the Jedi, who lived out their unenlightened, oblivious lives within the Temple walls. He often wondered if they were merely blind or just completely stupid. It didn?t matter; the end result would be the same. They would all be gone soon. He would wait for the day when the Sith would c

15. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Just catching up, and this is wonderful work VL.
    You had me totally by surprised when you mentioned Qui-Gon's role in the first post! :eek:

Deliciously evil, and well written! :D

16. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Qui now runs Offworld? [face_devil]

17. CapNJaxWench

CapNJaxWench Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 4, 2004
    Whoa! What a shocker? Qui-Gon is a Sith, and Obi-Wan is grateful for a beating. WoW! Quite a concept. I can't wait to see where this one goes, it's already really interesting. Evil Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan! Who would have thought it? Superb beginning.

18. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004
    So good! Nice job! I really like this twisted story line! keep it coming! :) :) :)

19. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    Whoa! Total reversal here! Xanatos dying as a true Jedi, whilst Obi-Wan delights in confusing Master Windu! Loved the padawan's reaction to Mace as an observant old fool, and his thoughts on how his master might deal with him! Brrr...shivers down the spine time, here! :)

Good job, VaderLVR! :D

20. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    Another great post! =D=

I like the twist that Xanatos failed at being dark in this AU since he failed at being light in the JA series.

21. AnakinsHeir

AnakinsHeir Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2004
    The Jedi had not questioned his story about Xanatos? fall to the Dark Side. Indeed, there had been misgivings about the boy for months before his death. Qui-Gon had subtly aided those rumors. He had deepened the shadows that swirled about his troubled young Padawan. He knew that the boy would be more vulnerable if he felt that the Jedi had abandoned him. Xanatos had been such a disappointment when his Master had finally shown him the truth, however.

But at least he had lived long enough to sign over all his assets to his beloved Jedi Master. Xanatos had not been completely useless after all.

Qui-Gon is just plain cold! Love it! What a deliciously evil little plot bunny. I really love this story. Two evil Jedi and now the whole Jedi Order is in peril. [face_devil]

Woot! :D

22. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    This is superb!! LOL! I like how Mace still wonders about Obi-Wan may have gone through and how it would effect him. observant old fool, indeed! :D

The Jedi would soon be betrayed by one they thought of as their own. He smiled as he thought about the Temple walls finally crumbling down, the cries of the young as they died on his blade, the pleas of the older ones as they fell, too. He shivered with excitement. -- that is highly disturbing knowing it comes from Qui-Gon. Made me shiver!

Still, I do want more!!! :D :D

23. LukesTheMan

LukesTheMan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2004
    He chuckled, the sound disturbing the perfect silence that enveloped him. Xanatos had been such a failure. He had thought himself so dark and evil. Yet in the end, he had been no more than a little boy playing at being a villain. How he had screamed when he was touched by true darkness! His pitiful cries had been embarrassing.

Poor Xan, he can't make Qui-Gon happy no matter what he does! [face_laugh]

Very cool story, dark and twisted. Love it.

24. JediNemesis

JediNemesis Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Whoa. This is one evil and twisted story, and I can't wait to see where you go with it. [face_worried]

25. jeday

jeday Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2004
    Yep, very evil and very good! :D :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.