main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends To Serve My Master- a Story of the Sith- Dark Obi-Wan

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Oct 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    :eek: Wow... but then again I figured he'd find some way to bring up the point of having her killed...

How tricky is this? Qui set him up! If he takes the pain then Qui will know that Obi cares more for her than Obi lets on. How conniving is that? Hrmmm he's pulling a Palpy!! Oi! This gets even better each time!! [face_love] This is great VaderLVR64!!!!

Can't wait to hear his decision!!

Poor Obi..

(scary thing is [face_mischief]...I like this Qui... *shudders at that thought* man what is it with me and bad guys... hrmmm)

2. AnakinsHeir

AnakinsHeir Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2004
    Oh, this can't be good! How in the galaxy will Obi get out of this one? I don't know who to worry about the most. But Dark Obi is sorta sexy! [face_worried]

3. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Sorry I haven't posted in a while--I am still reading, I promise. [face_laugh]

Oh, Qui-Gon is soo cruel, even for a Sith. Making Obi choose his punishment and digging his fingers into little Anakin's shoulder in the previous chater--horrible.

I hope Dooku watches himself, and I wonder what the secret is that started it all. Hmmm, very interesting.

Good work. =D=

4. jeday

jeday Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2004
    Ohhh, what an evil trap! [face_devil]
    He has no choice at all, if he doesn't kill her, Qui-Gon will. :_|
    Great post!

5. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Oh that's evil even for Qui-Gon .. but something interesting.. a hint of regret? How can a Sith have regret -- is it that even he has a soft spot? *muses* and what is this skeleton in your closet, Lord Jinn... .hrm........Excellent post!!

6. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    Now that's mean even for you, Mom! :D I can't wait to see what you do next!

7. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    ?Very well then. Let us proceed. You may choose, Obi-Wan.? He held out his hands and put forth his left hand. ?You may choose Force discipline, a thing you are well acquainted with, my boy.? A slight smile was on Master?s face as he said this.

Obi-Wan began to tremble as he remembered being wracked by agony as Qui-Gon used the Force to torture his battered and broken body and the physical beating that always followed. It paled in comparison to what he inflicted on himself during times of penitence.

Qui-Gon then held out his right hand, offering the other choice. ?Or you can choose to kill your pretty little plaything.? He smiled and looked at both of his hands. ?Which shall it be? Your pain or her death??

Talk about a sticky situation. If he chooses physical punishment over killing Sarla, Qui-Gon will probably see the deeper feelings he has for her and kill her anyway. But, if he chooses killing Sarla over torture, Qui-Gon might perceive it as weakness, since he is doing it to escape physical discipline.

Choose wisely Obi. [face_worried]

8. Senator_Leia73

Senator_Leia73 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    He smiled and looked at both of his hands. ?Which shall it be? Your pain or her death??

Hmmm could this be a test for Obi? Hmmmm...becareful Obi! Wow I love this evil Qui and Obi!

9. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    The wuestion seems like a test. If he chooses pain, then he os obviously trying to protect her, so that would be a bad choice.

Ohh, I'm glad I'm not your daughter :p

10. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    First of all, poor Anakin! Goodness knows what he must make of Qui-Gon, especially when he's never known ill-treatment like that. I also feel sorry for him being on his own in that room: he must miss company, and being without Obi-Wan or Sarla must hurt just as much as Qui-Gon's rough treatment. Hopefully Dooku can do something about the situation with Obi-Wan. The boy may be subservient to Qui-Gon's sithly whims but he's begining to waver quite a bit...and what a terrible choice he has to make now! :( Poor Obi-Wan!

Although between you and me I think sithly Qui-Gon's rather attractive, he he... :D

11. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Jem, I totally agree with this Sithly Qui-Gon being awfully sexy. Even bad his strength and charm shows through. [face_love]

12. Jedi_Chani

Jedi_Chani Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 30, 2004
    That's pretty darn mean, even for a Sith! There is really no right answer. I hope Obi can get through this without really making Qui-Gon angry. But I don't think he can!

You're evil, aren't you? [face_devil]

13. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Choose and suffer. Pain is the taskmaster that starts and ends all life. Pain is the ultimate teacher.~Warped version of Traitor

14. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Healer_Leona My kids agree, I'm sithly! I love torturing Obi, and I must say I like Sithly Qui-Gon, too! :D Of course Qui is charming to the last, even as a Sith Lord. He's still Qui-Gon Jinn after all! Thank you for reading.

LuvEwan I do indeed have a hat to keep those horns covered up. Ask my kids! People are fooled by my blond hair and blue eyes, but I'm really evil and nasty! [face_devil] Thanks for reading!

SarkaVrae Sarla is in trouble, but she's not dead yet! Thank you for reading this twisted little tale.

tangled_sphere I'm evil? Wow! You say the nicest things! :D Thanks for reading.

obi_ew You don't like Qui-Gon Sith? Hmmm...I'll see what I can do about that. Thank you for reading.

AthenaLeigh You are wise, Sarla's in big trouble. Qui-Gon is a naughty little sith, isn't he? I appreciate you taking the time to read my dark story.

Kynstar Qui is sneaky, but so is Obi! Thank you for reading.

AnakinsHeir Yeah, I like dark Obi, too! Thanks for reading!

JediMaster_Jen Qui could teach Vader a few things, huh? I'm glad you like it so far.

jeday It's a puzzler, isn't it? [face_devil] Let's see what Obi decides... And thanks for continuing to read!

Layren I wouldn't count on Qui having a very big soft spot! Thanks for reading!

VadersMistress Well you know I've been honing my sithly skills on you and your brothers!

Master_Noi Exactly! Obi better choose very carefully! Thanks for reading this warped story.

SenatorLeia_73 I have to admit, I like these dark knights as well. Thanks for still reading!

PadawanKitara A test? Now would our lovely Qui do something so dark and twisted? Of course he would! Thanks for reading!

Jemmiah Anakin is in a tough spot, that's for sure! I like these guys all Sithly, too! =P~ Get the mop out VadersMistress, mama's got the hots for the Sith! Thanks for reading!

Jedi_Chani I AM evil, as those who know me will tell you! THanks for reading!

SilSolo I hadn't thought of it like that, but you are absolutely right! Thanks for reading!

Okay, I must admit I lied. Inadvertently, of course! The secret was supposed to come out in this chapter, but the dialogue between Obi and Qui sort of morphed into something unexpected. What was intended to be just a few lines became a whole conversation. So, the secret will appear in the next chapter, as will Count Dooku. I promise! This chapter is short, but it is at a natural stopping point and I didn't want to force any more into it. I hope to post the next chapter on Monday. Thank you as always for reading and leaving such gratifying feedback. It's been a real pleasure to write this story. I'm not sure what that says about me, but it's true!

Chapter 19

?Which shall it be? Your pain or her death??

Obi-Wan seemed to consider the matter for a moment and then he looked up at his Master with a smile. ?It?s a trick question, Master.?

Qui-Gon cocked his head to the side as if puzzled. ?How so, my young apprentice??

?You have shown me that pain is my teacher.?

The Sith nodded. ?That is so; I have revealed to you that truth.?

?If that is true, then I should seek pain as the path to enlightenment.?

?Yes, you understand it correctly,? Qui-Gon replied.

?The purpose of punishment is to teach me and rid me of my weaknesses. Therefore I must embrace pain to learn from my mistakes.?

?And your point would be what, Obi-Wan?? There was the barest note of impatience in his voice.

Obi-Wan went to his knees. He spoke carefully, his tone and posture respectful. ?You ask me if I choose pain, which I am obliged to seek as a way to learn, or the death of the woman.? He shook his head. ?But the death of the woman will not hurt me. It will inconvenience me, yes, for I have grown accustomed to the physical pleasure she brings me. But I can easily replace her in my bed if I have to.?

?Go on,? Qui-Gon said, amused.

15. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Yay! He figured a way out of it looking like he cared for her! What he says is true though hehehe she can be replaced (from a certain point of view hehe)

Great lil bit there! Obi caught Qui off guard! Ahhh the surprises that can arise! :D

Can't wait for the next one! :D I'll be patiently awaiting the postie! Excellent work!

16. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Oh Obi-Wan's so clever, if only the Yuuzhan Vong were there to provide a few things.

17. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    That's our boy! :) I actually enjoy this Sith Jinn. Perhaps more than his lightside counterpart. :D Eager to see what the big secret is, although I have some evil ideas. [face_devil]

18. AthenaLeigh

AthenaLeigh Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 3, 2004
    Ha! That's a good one. So he chooses both? What a devoted, good little Sith. But he doesn't really want Sarla dead, so what shall he do? I really liked that chapter. Nice work!

19. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Whooooooh both eh? Very very clever, Obi-Wan :D

20. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    I agree with Qui-Gon, Obi is clever. But don't ever expect ME to choose BOTH punishments. Ain't gonna happen! :D

21. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004
    well......Surprizing to hear Obi trying to find a way out for Sarla--didn't he realize he signed up for the Sith? The are evil! hahaha

Is it so hard to write a dark Obi that even the dark Obi goes all noble? <muses> I guess I'd have to try my hand at it to know or not, but I'm still loving this story! Keep it up!

Good work adding yet another twist to our tale! Have a good weekend, we'll see you & your sithly ways on Monday!

22. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I see Obi-Wan as a very new Sith, and so he has momentary doubts. Add to that the "being the first" aspect of his relationship with Sarla and he would like to keep her around. But I can guarantee that he's not gone noble. He's devious and tricky, and still very much darkside. But having been a Sith for so little time, there is some light that sneaks in and taps him on the shoulder. Qui-Gon senses that...and it's dangerous! [face_devil]

23. LukesTheMan

LukesTheMan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2004
    Clever, clever Obi-Wan! :D

24. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    Great post - and a good answer for Obi.

I know he wants to find a way to save Sarla's life, but wondering what will happen if he can't? Can't really say because you've kept me guessing about our evil-Obi. One minute he seems to be going noble, then he does something to shock me.

25. jeday

jeday Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2004
    [face_laugh] Very clever of Obi-Wan to chose both! But perhaps his master is clever too, and looks through this sithly trick, and it's only amusing for him ? [face_thinking]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.