main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends To Serve My Master- a Story of the Sith- Dark Obi-Wan

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Oct 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnakinsHeir

AnakinsHeir Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2004
    Hey? Did I get post #400? Very cool chapter! I loved how Obi tricked the old Sith and then BLAM! Bye bye Qui-Gon! And now what will they do??

2. AngelofDarkness

AngelofDarkness Jedi Master star 2

Aug 25, 2002
    Wow! :eek: :D

Fantastic post! Obi killed Qui-Gon! [face_devil] That part was very well done, I loved how he did it and that he used Dooku's blade. Poor Obi, Sarla is dead- I figured she would be, though, I had a feeling Qui-Gon killed her off. And the scene with Obi and Ani... awwww! [face_love] So is Obi-Wan going to raise a little Sith now, hmm? I guess we'll jave to wait and see ;)

3. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Yeah! Jinn's dead! [face_dancing] :p Can't wait to see what Obi decides to do. Light or Dark I'm glad he and Anakin made it out together. Great post! :)

4. AthenaLeigh

AthenaLeigh Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 3, 2004
    *screams* Sorry, that was... unpleasant, and chilling. But well-written of course! Ah yes, Qui-Gon did train him too well... just like a Sith, he is now! Aww, but little Anakin is safe now. Unless Obi-Wan becomes like Qui-Gon was. :eek: Wow, haha, that was something else.

5. BrokenNoseOfQui-Gon

BrokenNoseOfQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 15, 2004
    So Qui-Gon's dead? Well, now what happens? Obi and Anakin are on their own, but what will they do now? Obi said he would train the boy, but not as what! [face_worried]

6. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    Wow! I figured Qui killing Sarla would push Obi over the edge. It was so sneaky how he did it. [face_devil] Qui didn't see it coming. Yes, he trained his apprentice a little too well.

So, Obi and Anakin ride off into a sunset of new possibilities. I wonder what havoc they will wreck on the galaxy, b/c I get this feeling we are going to see a turn back to the light on Obi's part.

7. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    You posted! Yeah! I saw this before anybody else, ha ha ha. Loved it.

8. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Incredible chapter VL. I just have no idea what your evil muse will come up with next ;) I feel like I should have known Qui would kill Sarla but I wasn't expecting it! :eek: I was so afraid Obi-Wan would go with Qui after all of that and he surprised me when he took his Master's life. That bond he has with little Anakin is powerful and I think it may have saved them both.

So sad what happened to Sarla, poor Obi has to live with that the rest of his life :_| Maybe he has seen what the darkness can do and abandon it completely- BUT- I wonder how deeply Qui's training has affected him? It sounds like Qui got him at an early age and I wonder what strange thoughts are still lurking there. [face_thinking]

Excellent job VL! =D=

9. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    It seems Qui-Gon is destined to meet the same nasty fate no matter what he does! ;) But I guess we can say in this universe he definitely deserved it! Well done to Obi-Wan...I wonder if it was Sarla's fate that triggered him off or Anakin's future that concerned him. Or did he always have his eye on the future? If he did then I think he's every bit the Sithling he told Qui-Gon he was! Was he perhaps just biding his time until he could train Anakin himself? Or is the light side motivating him?

Wonderful post! But I'm champing at the bit for the next part! :)

10. Senator_Leia73

Senator_Leia73 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    Obi killed Qui?! :eek:
    I didnt see that one coming. Obi really is a Sith. :D
    Yes Obi will train Ani now! :D
    Excellent post! more soon.

11. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Sarla's dead? :(

Qui-Gon's dead? :eek:

Obi runs off with Ani. Aww! [:D]

I am also curious to find out what happens now. And I loved how you twisted the end of TPM here, Qui still getting gutted but by Obi, and Obi promising that he will train the boy.

12. Jedi_Borme

Jedi_Borme Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2000
    Just started reading this today and I like. Can't wait to see what else you have for next.

13. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Qui-Gon must have forgotten that Obi-Wan was merely following Sith tradition in murdering his master and taking on the role.

14. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    ::Jumps on top of VaderLVR to give her the hug to end all hugs.::

I LOVE YOU! Love the death of just about everyone, the foreshadowing and line kickbacks...

15. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    I havn't been reading in a while, I am only on page 6, but this evil twisted tale has totally taken me in! If I didn't have to go to work right now I'd finish reading... I'll be back in a few hours to find out what our wicked wicked pair are up to.

16. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    That was quite unexpected. Even though Obi has declared himself a SIth, is there still hope for him???

17. Kinwon

Kinwon Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2004
    Brilliant, as always. Simply brilliant. I can't wait to see what happens next with Obi-Wan and little Anakin.

18. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Layren Thank you! I'm not sure if Qui was expecting it, but perhaps he should have! :D

Kynstar Yep, good old Sarla is no more. Oh well, Obi needs to concentrate on training a certain little boy right now. Thanks for reading.

SarkaVrae Almost the end, in fact this post is the last...

Darth-Mithrandir Qui has been a marked man from the very beginning. [face_devil]

dianethx You'll see Obi's fate in this chapter. Thank you for reading!

LuvEwan Obi has big plans! THanks!

AnakinsHeir Thank you! Obi is pretty sneaky, isn't he?

AngelOfDarkness All is revealed here! Thanks for reading.

obi_ew You're glad I killed Qui-Gon? Hmmm...very interesting!

AthenaLeigh Thank you! I'm glad you liked it.

BrokenNoseOfQui-Gon That's true, Obi didn't say how he would train Anakin! [face_devil]

Master_Noi We shall see what Obi-Wan chooses...

VadersMistress Thanks for your help and letting me bounce a million ideas off your brilliant brain!

tangled_sphere Poor Obi, so confused. Or is he? [face_thinking]

Jemmiah Obi always has his eyes on the future, he's one smart and sexy guy! :D

Senator_Leia73 Obi has made his choice, that's true! Thanks for reading.

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Had to do it, just had to use that method of death and those lines. My muse made me do it! O:)

Jedi_Borme Welcome! And thanks!

SilSolo Exactly! And what happens when you forget important lessons? That's right, it hurts! Thanks for reading.

DarthIshtar :D I'm feeling mean, it was the lack of angst from your stories that did it, I'm sure!

jodiwent Welcome and thank you! I hope you enjoy the rest of it.

PadawanKitara Hmmm...hope for Obi? Read on and see.

kinwon Wait no longer...their fates are revealed!

Chapter 25

There was a secret in the Temple. No one spoke openly of it; but the knowledge of it shone in their eyes. They had been warned that the Jedi would face the greatest challenge ever to threaten their Order in the coming years and secrecy was yet another weapon.

Even the crechelings were being trained in new ways. Every knight was now choosing a Padawan, even the older ones who might have been expected to retire peacefully. No more were initiates being sent to Agri-Corps. All would be trained unless they did not wish to become Jedi. The Order could not afford to lose even one who was strong in the Force.

The initiates who were not chosen by a Knight found themselves in a new training program. One Jedi Master and four Padawans lived as a family; each young one given their symbolic braid upon being selected. Every one of the Masters assigned to work with the new Padawans was brave and wise, strong in the ways of the Force.

And though each initiate was thrilled to become a Padawan, each secretly hoped that he would chose them.

True, his appearance shocked many. But it was so easy to look beyond the ruined face when his true compassion and sheer power were brought into focus. He was a hard task master, demanding their best each and every day. But the four who had been privileged to be chosen by the Master thrived under his firm rule, and learned to love the fearsomely scarred warrior who loved them in return. Master Windu trained them carefully, preparing them for the troubled years ahead.

More Jedi were being sent out into communities across the galaxy. Shockingly, some of these Jedi were marrying and beginning to speak of raising children. Fewer and fewer Jedi dwelled solely within the Temple; they were now becoming part of the affairs of the universe. Friendships, families, and partnerships; all were being formed by the previously isolated Jedi.

They had learned from the mistakes of the past, and were determined not to repeat them. The Force had protected them so far, but they must fight to retain their way of life, to nurture the light side of the Force.

The Sith were not defea

19. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    The writing during this last chapter was beautiful. I loved the style, explaining the changes in the Jedi as well as those in the Sith.

Daddy? :eek: At least Obi-Wan will love Anakin and watch out for him.

Bravo, VL. =D= That was fantastic. It would be great if you explored what happens later on, but it works lovely alone as well. :)

20. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004
    *sobs* oh that was soooooo good!!!
    great closure....for now

Ani is calling him "daddy"???!!!!!??!!?!?!?!!?! oh man!

so cool to see you weave in the final information about the Jedi changing....such a cool idea. And I love how none of the initiates are sent to the Agri-Corps--great idea! The Jedi have always needed all of the young 'ens, but so nice to see them change and accept that as truth!!

But the Sith are changing too! oh my! Obi is creating his own little temple, isn't he? His own order....hhmm....

you must continue this story one day. I'd camp out for tickets to it! :)

21. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    How sweet!! Loved that the Jedi have finally saw the error in their ways! But is it all for naught? Is it too late? Bwhahahahaha! hehehe

Ahhhh [face_love] Who's your daddy? *snrk* I sooo loved Anakin calling Obi daddy! That was so precious! And Obi is allowing the love between them to grow! Excellent!

[face_dancing] Loved it loved it!! Excellent work!! :D

22. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    The end!? ALready!?!?!? Wow.

What can I say that was very very interesting about the Jedi, marrying and becoming part of society. I think that's a most excellent idea. Now that they're becoming part of society perhaps the sith won't be able to discredit them. Are you planning a sequel? *looks hopeful*

23. Kinwon

Kinwon Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2004
    Brilliant ending, it was perfect! The Jedi really do need that change, their inability to do so in the saga is what doomed them. But I'm still rooting for the Sith, lol, because it's Obi-Wan and Anakin against the galaxy. The "daddy" part was heartwarming, and, you know, I suspect Anakin would have called Obi-Wan that in the saga if Master Kenobi would have permitted him to address him as his father.

A sequel would be the ideal Chrismtas present for all of your readers this holiday season, I do believe... ;)

24. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    Awwww...Obi and Anakin, father and son. I loved it! Nice work, even if you are my mom! :D

25. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Whoa, Obi-Wan is still a Sith. That I did not expect. Great job with the story. I enjoyed it a lot. =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.