main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends To Serve My Master- a Story of the Sith- Dark Obi-Wan

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Oct 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnakinsHeir

AnakinsHeir Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2004
    Obi-Wan smiled and blushed, knowing full well the picture he presented. He knew exactly how to play this; it was almost too easy. He thought about Master Windu?s warning, but quickly discarded it as being unimportant. He had his own agenda.

This particular Obi-Wan worries me a lot, perhaps more than even Dark Qui-Gon. Shiver! But I like him. [face_devil]

2. AthenaLeigh

AthenaLeigh Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 3, 2004
    Oh my, what can evil Obi-Wan possibly be thinking? Whatever it is, it'll be good. What a perfectly sneaky, creepy little man. Still loving it!

3. MY-T-Chewbacca

MY-T-Chewbacca Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2004
    Obi-Wan smiled at her and she seemed to relax. This would be easy.

Obi-Wan is one cold dude. [face_devil]

4. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    What will Obi do with Anakin? Duh-duh-duh! [face_worried]

5. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Oh, oh. Poor Anakin. And Obi-Wan is so sithy he might try to hurt Shmi. Keep going!!!

6. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    I wonder if the little Qui-Obi-Anakin triangle will be paralleled in this AU.

Bad feeling about Shmi and Anakin.

7. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004
    again: Loved it, loved it, loved it! I was wondering if you'd bring Ani into this since they were going to Tattooine! How wonderful...and evil!!!

I really can't stop thinking about this fic! I'm addicted! It's awful too, since I have to wait for your posts to read the next chapter...it's sweet agony!!!

Great work!

8. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Ooohh, you've been posting like a madwoman!! Yay, for us!

Ch.5: The image of Obi-Wan sitting alone in the dark, rocking back and forth, crying with joy over his Sith master is utterly creepy and disturbing. Aha, so Mace brought in the big guns to look at Obi-Wan. So he did sense something wrong... well, perhaps it helped that the sith was stadning only a few feet in front of him. Which means Obi-Wan must be particularily bad as they could sense Sidious at all. *sorry, will not go there, will not go there* Hmmm, I don't see Qui-Gon wanting Anakin..

Ch.6: So Obi-Wan has come across little Anakin??? Only three here huh?? I doubt that would stop the sith apprentice from doing something dasterdly to the tyke.

9. JediVegeta

JediVegeta Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2000
    Hope you don't mind if I comment! I have been lurking in the thread (sorry :( ) and decided to come to light to say how much I am enjoying your story. Lately, I have been seaching for dark Obi-Wan stories and I am finding so many as of late. I am truly enjoying yours especially. I like how Obi looks so innocent yet he is SO diabolical...LOVE IT! :D

Keep up the great work!

10. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    So Anakin is the reason Sith Qui sent Obi to Tatooine. [face_thinking] But if Qui wants Ani, where does that leave Obi? Or is there a more sinister reason for wanting the boy? Muchly enjoying. :)

11. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Uh-oh Shmi! Don't let Anakin go with Obi. oiy excellent update!!

12. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    An alternate version of EP I, isn't it? Obi-evil little Anakin...

13. Senator_Leia73

Senator_Leia73 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    I just saw this and I love it. I love the evil Obi stories. This is very interesting. I wonder how Obi will get Ani to Qui-gon.

14. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I came back from vacaton to all these lovely chapters :)

15. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    LukesTheMan Well, it is October! Thanks for reading!

Jedi_Chani Thanks! I'll take that as a great compliment!

Kynstar Sometimes the truth is harder to see the closer you are to it. Or something like that! We'll have to see if Mace gets wise to the little Sithling, LOL! Thanks for reading!

LuvEwan WOW! Thanks! I'm glad you like it, I enjoy your work so much that I'm especially flattered to think you like this one.

AnakinsHeir Obi SHOULD worry you! [face_devil] Thanks for reading!

AthenaLeigh Yes, it will be good (and very, very bad)! He is creepy, times two. Thanks for reading!

MY-T-Chewbacca You have no idea! Thanks for reading.

VadersMistress You finally made it over here, huh? Thanks for reading, baby girl!

dianethx We shall see! [face_devil] Thanks for reading!

Master_Noi Bad feeling is probably justified! But from what direction will the danger come? Only the muse knows for sure! Thanks for reading.

SarkaVrae Thank you! :D I'm glad you like it, I've had a great time writing it. Update VERY soon.

Healer_Leona This one is going well so far, at least easy to write. Doesn't mean it's good, but it so far the muse hasn't been kicking me too hard. Thank you for reading!

JediVegeta Welcome! Feel free to lurk! Glad you like it, it's been fun to write.

obi_ew Surely you don't think the Sith would have ANY ulterior motives, do you? [face_devil] Nah! No way! Thanks for reading!

Layren Yes, Shmi can't see beyond the pretty face (but who can blame her?). Thanks for reading!

SilSolo Evil Obi! It has a ring to it! Thanks for reading.

Senator_Leia73 We shall see! The Sith are very inventive. Thanks for reading!

PadawanKitara Hope your vacation was great! Thanks for checking in and yes, the posts have been pretty frequent! :D

16. Jedi_Chani

Jedi_Chani Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 30, 2004
    This is getting worse and worse, but in a good way! :D

17. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Chapter 7

Obi-Wan returned to their quarters, his joy at his discovery almost overwhelming him. He would never have imagined such power, especially in a slave. When the woman had mentioned that they were both slaves he had almost choked. A slave!

The boy was incredibly powerful and yet he was a slave. The young Sith smiled as he realized what a favor he would be doing the boy when he took him away from here. And he would claim him; he just had to decide how he would do so.

Master Windu stumbled in a few hours later, fatigue easily discernable on his face. Obi-Wan slipped easily into his role as the perfect Jedi Padawan, removing the older man?s cloak and boots and serving him a simple meal. Windu didn?t say much as the young man tended to him and fell asleep within moments of taking his last bite of food.

Obi-Wan rested on the bed, looking out the window at the moonlight. He found it very easy to meditate in these surroundings, the quiet and the lack of interference from an abundance of life forms made it quite simple to slip into a deep state of meditation. As he explored the paths that the Force opened up before him, he became more convinced than ever that he had been destined to find Anakin Skywalker.

He was given tantalizing glimpses of his future with the boy. They were never clear, never complete, but what he saw was enough.

The Sith Lord laughed out loud as he reviewed the plans for the Jedi. So much had already been put into place and yet they still didn?t have a clue. More and more Jedi were meeting with unfortunate accidents, or finding their honor impugned by crimes they insisted they had not committed.

Their protests were increasingly being met with stony silence and hard, suspicious eyes.

It wouldn?t be long now before the media began to tie all of the small stories together. They would be seen as a manifestation of a bigger problem that had not been evident until now. Together, all the small pieces would add up to the Jedi?s damnation.

He wondered how long it would take them to figure out that all of it had been carefully orchestrated. They probably felt too secure in their position in the galaxy to think that public opinion could turn against them. But they would soon find out that past good deeds were easily wiped away by present crimes. A good name was difficult to build, but so quickly brought down.

Once he might have felt pity for them. In his youth he had been proud to be a Jedi, thrilled when he was knighted. But as the years had passed he had become disillusioned with the Jedi ways. There was a good probability that he would have lived and died his whole life as a Jedi, and never seriously considered leaving.

But then he had fallen in love and that changed everything.

It had been two days since he had discovered the boy and Obi-Wan could not get that blazing Force signature out of his mind. Was that why his Master had sent him here? He walked through the market, not really seeing his surroundings. Then a large human bumped into him, hard. He grunted from the force of their impact. The man put his hands on him to steady him and the young man felt an object shoved into his hand.

Obi-Wan turned on the data pad that the man had given him. His Master?s symbol was there on the bottom of the screen, blinking at him. He smiled as he ran his finger over that familiar and beloved sign. He was never alone, Master was always with him.

The message on the screen was short and to the point. Master had finally revealed Obi-Wan?s mission to him. He frowned at the words, they didn?t make sense. He had been so sure he had been sent here to find the boy. But his Master seemed to have no idea that young Skywalker existed.

Had the Force chosen to reveal Anakin only to him? Or was his Master testing his loyalty? So many possibilities, and to make the wrong choice could prove lethal.

He wanted to reach out to his Master and express his bewilderment, but just as he was

18. AnakinsHeir

May 2, 2004
    He decided that he would have to meditate on this, behind his shields of course. The thoughts racing through his mind were his alone. Master didn?t need to know about the boy. Not yet.

So, does Qui-Gon know about Anakin or not? It's getting even more interesting.

19. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    OH, I loved that Yoda had figured it out - both the accusations and Obi-Wan's descent into darkness. And Jinn doesn't know about Anakin. Obi should be worried!!!

Great job and so fast!

20. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    Obi-Wan is wise to wonder how Anakin will affect his place with his master. ;)

I wonder what Yoda will do with his realization?

Can't wait to see where you go with this.

21. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    So there is a possibility that Qui doesn't know of Anakin. Hrmmm juz Obi knows.

Poor Mace... long day for him, eh?

Yay! Meditate further on it Master Yoda! You'll see the reasoning! At least he is suspicious of something!

Great chappie!!

22. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Hum. Yoda is wise. Now I'm suspicious as to Anakin's origins. [face_thinking]

23. AthenaLeigh

AthenaLeigh Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 3, 2004
    oooo, very interesting, wise Master Yoda figured it out. What will he do now?

Haha, they say love changes everything, don't they?

Great story, can't wait for more!

24. AnakinsHeir

May 2, 2004
    You can't fool Yoda for very long, unless you're Sideous! But, anyway, glad to see that Yoda is catching on to these two.

I'm still worried about Anakin, though! I can't wait to see what happens next. At the rate you're going, can I expect another post tomorrow? (She says with fingers crossed?) Oh well, that makes it hard to type. Great story, great post.

25. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    Ahhhh! Yoda knows! But what will he do about it??? You know, the most interesting thing about this story is sitting back and watching the route it might take unfurl. So many possibilities! What will Obi-Wan ultimately choose to do?

I love this! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.