main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Before - Legends To Serve My Master- a Story of the Sith- Dark Obi-Wan

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Oct 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Well Master ;) Once could hope that it is Tahl that she is speaking of ;) hehehehe I would hope as well ;) hehehehe

Oi! Obi is trying to be a softie! *snrk* now wouldn't it be funny if Anakin actually wrapped Obi around *his* fingers! hehehe and *he* becomes the reason why Obi returns to the light hehehehe now wouldn't that juz be a twist in things? *Snrk* hehehe

Great chappie! So Mace is now suspicious, good! Glad to hear that! Can't wait for more!! :D

2. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Oh, Mace better watch his back!
    Even a Sith can be a softie, I guess. It's kind of sad that Mace considered trying to save Obi-Wan and never thought about saving Qui-Gon here.

Poor Shmi, not knowing the darkness that stands right next to her.

Great job. Keep going.

3. AnakinsHeir

AnakinsHeir Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2004
    She sighed then, a sound of resignation. ?All right, if you think it would be helpful.? She squeezed his hand. ?I trust you, Obi-Wan, to do what is best for Anakin.?

He returned the gentle pressure. ?I can promise you on my life that I will do whatever is in his best interests.?

Obi-Wan's words could be taken in many different ways, and that is worrisome. I liked seeing him with Anakin, but I'm still worried about every body. Love Mace's thoughts. I wonder if he knows just how far Obi-Wan has gone toward darkness? Lovely chapter!

4. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    Evil Obi-Wan is creepy! But whatever will you do to him? I can't wait to see where this ends. You won't even tell ME! I am your beloved daughter!

5. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    This is really good! :)

Wondering when Obi's going to tell Qui about Anakin. I guess he's somewhat nervous that Qui may replace him.

Obi-Wan is truly loyal to Qui-Gon, even to the point of punishing himself when not in his master's presence. Qui-Gon seems to appreciate the apprentice he has in Obi-Wan, but how loyal is he to Obi-Wan?

6. AthenaLeigh

AthenaLeigh Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 3, 2004
    Haha, Obi-Wan better watch himself, or he's gonna get caught. Little Anakin is sooooo adorable! :) Silly Shmi, don't be fooled, he's not a Jedi! Uh oh, something's going to happen now. Mwahaha! [face_laugh]

7. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Great chapter Vader.

Little Anakin is very cute. His mother however is far too trusting.

8. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004
    Once again, great post!

Obi can be so sweet and kind....only to get his own way!! How awful...and intriguing!
    I see so many possibilities for outcomes in this story--especially now that the councilmembers are catching on! Those Sith better watch their backs--especially Obi. No matter how valuable he may be, I'm sure Qui would consider Obi more expendable than himself! Oh, I could go on....but I wont! I'll just sit back and enjoy what VaderLvr has to offer.

What a truly well written story!! I am rooting for the Sith for the first time ever--what mighty powers of the pen you have V! :) :) :)

9. Senator_Leia73

Senator_Leia73 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    Wow is Obi a little trickster. Very convencing too.

Mace had better watch out.

10. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    WOW- Obi is sooo believable

11. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Thanx for killing Jabba. I hope Ani turns Sith!

12. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I hope to post the next chapter later today or tomorrow. I had it written and the characters let me know they weren't happy with it, so I had to revise it. When I feel that the characters like the direction I'm going, I'll post! :D There's so much about to happen that I have to make sure it all flows like it should. I've been bugging my daughter and MAKING her help me with it! Thank you to everyone who has been reading, lurking or not!

LukesTheMan Thank you for reading!

tangled_sphere Glad I surprised you! [face_devil] Thanks for reading.

Jedi_Chani Thank you! I'm thrilled I could shock you.

Layren Even Evil Qui gets a hug? Wow, you ARE generous! Thank you for reading, as always! I'd pay you for being such a loyal reader, but I can't ship cookies through this keyboard!

Kynstar We'll have to wait and see how Ani affects Obi. [face_devil] But I sure do appreciate you reading this little story!

dianethx There may be a reason that Mace knows Qui-Gon is pretty much beyond redemption, but I'm not sure. The characters haven't revealed that much to me yet. Thank you for reading!

AnakinsHeir Yes, Obi is very careful about what he says. Thank you for reading! :D

VadersMistress Well now you know how it ends, we discussed it last night. Are you happy now? Thank you for reading, and being such a great sounding board for ideas.

Bekah_K Their loyalty has yet to be tested! We shall see what happens when it is. THank you so much for reading.

AthenaLeigh Yeah, I like Anakin, too. He doesn't say much because he's only three, but he's a darn cute kid! Thank you for reading!

JediMaster_Jen Poor Shmi is taken in by the fact that Obi-Wan is a Jedi. We shall see if her trust is betrayed. Thank you for reading, now go write something else brilliant that I can read! NOW!

SarkaVrae You sure do know how to give a compliment! Thank you so much! I'm glad I've made even the Sith somewhat sympathetic characters. But we'll see how you feel at the end, LOL!

Senator_Leia73 Yes, Mace had better be very careful! Thank you very, very much for reading!

PadawanKitara He's a charmer, isn't he? Thank you for reading, I'm glad to know you like the story.

SilSolo We shall see where Anakin ends up, Jedi or Sith. Or perhaps something else entirely? Like Dead? [face_devil] Thanks for reading!

13. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Community Squirrel Whisperer star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    He would not consider the young Padawan lost to the darkness until he was dead.--ackk... not sure how sensical that really is. Oh my, I assume that paragraph of thinking about 'her' is Qui daydreaming of his lost love??? That really got me choked up. Perhaps the person Mace should be working on to save both the Jedi and Obi-Wan is the Sith Lord! Such a little conniver that Obv-Wan, has Shmi perfectly fooled, though he is pretty much giving half-truths.

14. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Chapter 10

Windu suspected something. Obi-Wan was sure of it. But he forced himself to act the part of a perfect Padawan, deferential and respectful. His loathing for the Jedi Master reached new heights, however, as he bowed and scraped his way through the day. He needed only a little while longer and then the troublesome warrior could be suspicious all he wanted. Because then it would be too late.

Master had sent him word through Sarla that he did not need to worry about returning to the Temple. The situation had become too unstable, due to Master Yoda?s somewhat premature conclusions. They simply hadn?t counted on the old Jedi being able to identify the plot so quickly.

But this freed Obi-Wan in one way, his role as a Jedi would soon be over. Windu needed only to keep his guard down for just a few more days and then it would all fall into place.

Now Obi-Wan found his thoughts returning to the slave boy he had befriended. He worried what the presence of the boy would do to his relationship with Master. He vowed that he would not be pushed from his place at Master?s side by anyone. Even Master could not deny him.

But his loyalty to Master was absolute and he could not act contrary to it. His decision made, he knocked on Sarla?s door. She opened it and ushered him inside quickly. He kissed her lightly.

?I didn?t think I?d see you back so soon,? she said quietly.

?Why not? I like you, I think you like me,? he said. ?Why shouldn?t I come back??

She kissed him again, wrapping her arms around his waist. ?No reason at all, Obi-Wan. Can you stay for a while??

?Yes, but first I need to contact Master. Can I use your comm?? Obi-Wan asked.

She nodded right away. ?Sure, whatever you need.?

He nodded curtly and then went back into her bedroom where the comm unit was, closing the door behind him. He turned it on and waited for the connection to his Master to go through. Soon his Master?s beloved face illuminated the dark room.

?Master, please excuse the interruption, but I have vital information for you,? Obi-Wan said after a deferential bow of his head.

?Of course, young one,? Master?s voice was soothing, gentle even.

?I have found a boy here on Tatooine,? he began, his eyes lowered. He took a deep breath and met his Master?s eyes. ?His power is amazing, Master. He?s got the highest midichlorian count I?ve ever heard of, even higher than Master Yoda?s.? He then explained about the boy?s parentage, which caused more excitement to seep across the bond with his Master.

?And do you have the boy??

?Not yet, Master, I did not dare make a move without consulting you,? he replied.

Master appeared deep in thought. Finally, he came to a decision. ?You must get the boy, Obi-Wan. I trust your judgment that he is special,? he said with a fond smile. Then his features hardened and the Sith Lord was back. ?Do what you must to get the boy, but do not leave behind anything that could track him to me. The Jedi must not know we have someone of his power.?

Obi-Wan nodded. ?Yes, Master, it shall be as you asked.?

?Send me any information you have on him as well,? Qui-Gon added.

?Obi-Wan?? his Master asked quietly as the young man moved to end the communication.

?Yes, Master??

?I?m proud of you, you?ve done well.?

He checked the settings on the detonator one more time. It had to be absolutely perfect. There were just a few more things to do and everything would be in place.

In three days, they were to go back to Coruscant. He had much to do before they were scheduled to leave. And he had wasted many hours with Sarla. He was running out of excuses to give Master Windu for his absences. But when he was with her, he didn?t have to be a Jedi or a Sith. He was free just to be Obi-Wan.

He looked up and saw her approaching him. He smiled at her and pulled her down to his lap when she got close. She nuzzled his neck and gave him a playful nip.

He laughed. ?Behave yourself,? he ordered her, but he ruined the

15. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Oi! Obi and Sarla kissing in the hangar.... hehehe

Great chappie! Poor Obi ;) she brought up an interesting idea! ;) And he's willing to take her away from Tatooine and place in a house to wait for him? How sweet! And she's willing to wait? Even sweeter!!

Well at least Obi doesn't have to return with Mace hehe ;) wonder how the Councilor is gonna handle that one? ;)

16. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Cookies? Hehehee. Nah reviews on other fics will do instead of cookies ;) I also take paypal :D

Awwww even Obi still has a soft spot. Interesting that she's afraid of Qui-Gon. *muses* Obi-Wan seems to be only afraid of his power while she is frightened of Qui-Gon as a person -- most interesting.

17. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004
    Great post--what's he doing with the thermal detonator??? ;)

VL--if you need any help holding the characters down and making them see it your way, just let me know! (especially Obi!!!) [face_laugh]

Anxiously awaiting the rest....Sarka

18. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Oh, how sweeeeet. He wants to tuck her away to wait for him.

And she's afraid of Qui? Good girl, Sarla. go with that feeling.

Great chapter, VaderLVR

19. AthenaLeigh

AthenaLeigh Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 3, 2004
    Interesting, sounds dangerous, they better be careful not to anger that Sith Lord. At least Obi-Wan was honest about the boy, but wonder what is going to come of that? *ponders and waits for more*

20. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    I missed the post before this, but am caught up now. I'm kind of afraid for Sarla if Qui thinks she starts distracting Obi-Wan too much. [face_worried]

Anxious to see what the Sith have in store for Mace.

21. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Hum. Is Obi softening? Developing attachements? Curious. [face_thinking]

22. Senator_Leia73

Senator_Leia73 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    Obi better be careful Qui-gon may be suspecting that Obi is becoming weak. And he may try to put Ani in his place.

23. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Hummmm, Obi-Wan better watch his back. She might be softening him up because she likes him or because she's tempting him to see if he can be turned back so that his Master will know that he can be subverted.

Either way, it's intriguing....

24. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Qui-GOn is quite the contradiction. Sarla is terrfied of him, but with Obi-Wan, he is gentle and soft spoken. Makes me wonder... Will the real Sith Qui please stand up?

25. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Community Squirrel Whisperer star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Hmmm, sounds like being with Sarla is having more impact on Obi-Wan then his master may like and seeing the tests Qui-Gon does, I'd be very wary!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.