main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends To Serve My Master- a Story of the Sith- Dark Obi-Wan

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Oct 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I'll be posting author's replies after we get back from the zoo. This chapter is a bit short, but the next chapter is pretty full of action, so be prepared!

Chapter 11

The soaring temperatures of Tatooine made Obi-Wan drowsy. He was in Sarla?s home after sneaking away from Windu one more time. He rolled over and put his arm around her. She had already fallen asleep, and she looked even younger in her sleep.

He moved closer, liking the way she felt against him. She murmured contentedly and shifted closer. He closed his eyes and thought about everything that would be taking place tomorrow. He had to make sure he timed it all very carefully. A mistake now could ruin everything he had worked so hard to do.

Tomorrow, he would go to Shmi and retrieve Anakin. She was already preparing the boy for the ?adventure? he was soon to have with his good friend Obi-Wan. Nevertheless, he expected tears from both mother and son. He had already given Shmi a comm to contact him at any time. She would not have to know that neither he nor her son were really at the Jedi Temple. Anakin would believe what he was told and tell his mother the same thing.

But even before he picked up Anakin he had to take care of Windu. He smiled in the small hot room. That would be a pleasure. He was tired of the questions the Jedi continued to ask. Some of the questions were telling. Some of the questions were about his time with Master.

He was about to finally fall asleep when he heard his comm chirp. It was not his Jedi issued comm, but the one Qui-Gon had told Sarla give to him. He had been pleased to have a way to directly contact his Master while he was here on Tatooine. He had missed Dex?s diner and the easy access it provided. He always remembered to turn it off when he was around the Jedi. It was imperative that he remain careful to the very end.

He threw back the sheet and tugged on a tunic over his leggings. ?Yes, Master?? he said quietly as he moved into the other room.

?Obi-Wan, I take it you are someplace that you can speak freely??

?For now, Master; I am supposed to return to the Jedi in a time-part or so.?

?Good, good.? There was silence on the other end.

?Master?? Obi-Wan prompted daringly.

?Where are you right now, Apprentice??

Obi-Wan swallowed hard, the tone of his Master?s voice was harsh. Master was not pleased about something. ?I am at Sarla?s home, Master.? He knew that he could not lie to him, lies blazed under the scrutiny of the Dark Lord.

?You spend much time there, Obi-Wan. Do you think that is wise??

?I find her company?pleasurable.?

?See to it that you do not forget your priorities, young one.?

?I won?t, Master, I promise.?

?Good, because I would have to remove the source of your distraction if that were to happen.? There was a pause. ?Do you understand??

?Yes, Master, I understand perfectly.?

?You may continue to see her as long as you fulfill your duties to me.?

?Thank you, Master.? Now it was Obi-Wan who hesitated. ?I thought I might bring her back with me, to help me with the boy during the journey.?

His Master laughed then. ?To help you with the boy, or just to help you??

Obi-Wan allowed himself a small chuckle. ?Both, My Lord, I admit. I find her skills most intriguing.?

?Is everything in place for tomorrow??

?Yes, My Lord, all is ready.?

?Does Windu suspect you yet??

?Yes, Master, he is most determined to find out what ails me,? Obi-Wan chuckled.

?We will satisfy his curiosity tomorrow then, won?t we??

?Yes, Master, he?ll know everything tomorrow.?

I just wanted to add that I've had such a great time writing this story. I've enjoyed it more than I've enjoyed writing anything in a while. And the lovely words of support I've gotten for it on this board have made it even better! So thank you to everyone who has read it and left a comment, AND thank you to the lurkers! I know you're out there because some of you have PMed me. Now, off to torture Mace, Qui, and Obi!

2. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Ack!!! Mace better watch his back!! Excellent post Kimberley! even if it was short. Qui-Gon kind of gave me the shivers when he mentioned "removing the distraction."

3. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    ?You spend much time there, Obi-Wan. Do you think that is wise??

?I find her company?pleasurable.?

ROFLOL! Well, I guess he had to be honest to his master. The boy has no shame! But has he any conscience left? Hmmm...I wonder! Qui-Gon's threat to remove Obi-Wan's sourse of satisfaction was chilling and creepy. Wonder if he'll make good his threat - and what his apprentice will do if he does? Great story - I look forward to the next part. :)

4. Senator_Leia73

Senator_Leia73 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    I wonder what Obi has instore for Mace [face_devil]

The next post should be really good.

5. Jedi_Chani

Jedi_Chani Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 30, 2004
    Now I can't wait until the next post. Evil, evil, evil Obi. But he still likes the girl, LOL! Qui-Gon seems to keep Obi on a pretty short leash. I wonder how well that will work in the end.

I don't quite trust Sarla yet, she could be another test from Qui-Gon. We shall see. A great chappie!

6. AthenaLeigh

AthenaLeigh Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 3, 2004
    oooooo, uh oh, haha, yes looks like the next chapter will be most interesting, what a great setup, and good thing Obi-Wan knows where his priorities lie, his little fun hasn't gotten in the way so far. Great story, can't wait for more, as usual. ;)

7. Darth_Pixel

Darth_Pixel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2003
    Wow! I especially love Qui-Gon in this one Vader! He's so damn evil it's scary! Great Job and I can't wait for the "big reveal."

Pixie

8. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Oh wow... Qui's threaten to get rid of Sarla if Obi get's too 'homey' with her... hrmmm

Great chappie! Yay he gets Anakin tomorrow... but what plans does he have for Mace? Hrmmm can't wait to see!!!

9. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    Told you I was afraid for Sarla. [face_worried]

I am so curious what they have in store for Mace.

10. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
  11. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    Sarla is one lucky lady! I'm jealous.

12. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004
    Good work....short, but oh so deliciously filling! So many possibilities--whatever will the evil Sith do with sweet little Ani? And Mace? And Sarla??!

Great job, VL, once again....I'm hanging on your every word....Sarka

ps--did you notice that Sarla and Sarka are only 1 letter different? now, that's something to ponder.....[face_laugh]

13. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Kewl beans. I can't decide if I want Obi to stay dark or make a change toward the Light. Must ponder. [face_thinking]

14. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Layren Qui is sort of creepy, isn't he? Thank you for reading!

Jemmiah Well, at least Obi-Wan was honest about his feelings for Sarla. We shall see what Qui does about her. [face_devil] Thanks so much for reading!

Senator_Leia73 Tomorrow Obi-Wan's plans for Mace will be revealed. Thanks for reading!

Jedi_Chani Yes, Sarla could be testing Obi-Wan's loyalty, couldn't she? [face_whistling] Thank you for reading.

AthenaLeigh So far, so good, but what comes next? Thanks!

Darth_Pixel I think Mace has a nasty surprise in store. Thank you for reading.

Kynstar Little Anakin is going off with Obi, I wonder if that is wise? Thanks!

Master_Noi Yeah, Mace is in for a hard time. Thank you for reading.

PadawanKitara Thanks! :D

VadersMistress Thanks for reading more of my stuff, I love you!

SarkaVrae Perhaps you are Sarla in disguise? Hmmm...this requires thought. Thanks for reading!

obi_ew Obi-Wan's fate has already been decided. Wait you must, to discover the truth! :D Thanks for reading.

15. LukesTheMan

LukesTheMan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2004
    Oh no! Mace! What will they do to Mace? Hope you update this one today like you promised! :D

16. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Acckkk.... I wonder at what plans dark Qui has for Sarla and Mace.... I worry that he's plans to make the girl an example for Obi-Wan's benefit... very scary!!

17. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Chapter 12

Obi-Wan packed his few belongings silently. Sarla had already packed up her things and was waiting on the small ship she had purchased for them. They would be cramped in the ship, but he wanted to make sure he had enough credits to spare if anything unexpected happened during the journey.

Master Windu kept shooting glances at him, although no emotions leaked through his admirable shields. That was typical of Windu, the perfect Jedi in every respect. But unlike Obi-Wan, none of it was an act. Mace Windu was the living personification of a Jedi master. Well, not living much longer, he thought with grim amusement.

?Are you ready, Obi-Wan?? Windu asked as he looked around to make sure they had not left anything behind.

?Yes, Master Windu, I?m ready to go home,? he said. ?I don?t find Tatooine much to my liking.?

Windu chuckled. ?Yes, it is rather hot and dusty here, isn?t it?? He looked out the small window. ?Still, it has a harsh beauty that is compelling in a way.?

?Yes, Master,? the younger man said as he too looked out the window. ?But even the most beautiful things in the galaxy can kill you.?

Windu smiled slowly. ?Yes, that?s quite true, Padawan.?

They picked up their bags and started toward the hangar where their ship waited. He followed behind Windu. Suddenly he stopped dead in his tracks and hit his forehead in consternation.

?Master Windu!? he gasped. ?I wanted to give this gift to the boy I befriended while I was here.? He held out a small package.

Obi-Wan made sure that nothing but annoyance at his own forgetfulness was reflected on his face or in his emotions. Mace considered him for a moment. ?Is it important to you, Padawan??

The young man gave him a chagrined smile. ?I did promise him, sir. I would hate to disappoint him.? He gestured to the gift. ?It?s not much, but as a slave he doesn?t have much to begin with.?

Master Windu sighed in exasperation but then assumed the tranquility that was his usual state. ?Very well, Padawan. I will put the ship through the take-off sequences and stow our gear.? He smiled as Obi-Wan flashed him a grateful grin and handed him his bag. ?Go on, the sooner you leave the sooner you?ll be back.? He shooed the apprentice on his way and turned to go, shaking his head.

Obi-Wan walked a few paces and then looked back as Master Windu disappeared up the ramp into the ship. The Jedi couldn?t see him, but the young man waved farewell and began walking slowly toward the Skywalker home. Windu would not be able to scold him for being tardy because he wouldn?t be alive to do so.

He clicked the remote that he had hidden in his pocket. Master Windu?s journey in this life was coming to an end soon, very soon. Ten time parts to be exact, he thought to himself as he walked. He began a mental countdown, each step he took ticking off a last moment of Windu?s life.

Obi-Wan had made it almost to the slave hovels when he heard the satisfying whump of an explosion back at the space port. He reached out with the Force and sensed the powerful signature of Windu flicker, becoming fainter with each beat of his own heart. He waited a moment and then it faded away completely.

He continued on his way, unhurried and unconcerned. He saw a few people running toward the sound, but knew that most were merely going to see if they could salvage anything of value. Tatooine was a hard planet, in more ways than one.

Shmi Skywalker was standing in the doorway, her hand shielding her eyes as she looked at the plume of smoke that was rising up from the remains of the ship that had just exploded. ?Obi-Wan, do you know what happened?? For just a moment, the knowledge that her son was going far away was overshadowed by concern for the possible victims of the mishap.

?Some old spacer?s ship blew up,? he said, then lowered his voice so that it would not carry to the young boy standing just inside. ?I heard he was a slaver.?

Shmi?s face hardened into disgust and all concern for the spacer dissolved. ?I

18. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Oh man! Yep I was thinking that would be an easy way of getting rid of Mace to blow up the ship ;) hehehehe

Poor Shmi... not knowing what Obi is planning on truly doing is gonna hurt later on... unless Obi goes about killing her or arranging her death later. :(

Great chappie!!! I'm sure Qui is gonna juz love the power that Anakin will have the potential of wielding later on!

(edit: Or is Mace dead? Hrmmm if he isn't this will be one way for the Jedi to find out that Obi has indeed fallen. But if Obi ain't planning on returning to the Jedi they'll find out anyhoo. I hate to see old baldy go :( hehehehe)

19. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Well, that's the end of Mace. *sigh*

I feel so sorry for Shmi-losing her baby boy and not knowing what Obi-Wan really plans for him.

Can't wait to see what Qui-Gon will think of little Anakin.

Great chapter. =D=

20. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Are you sure that Mace is dead? Just because he was flickering in the Force doesn't mean that. He could be shielding... he is a Jedi Master after all.

Good job with the goodbye scene with Shmi and Ani. Obi does need to get his priorities straight. What makes him think that the Sith master won't just toss him aside for the boy? Well, after he grows up a bit, that is.

Good job.

21. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    I don't think Mace is dead, considering how Vergere managed to stay cloaked. Poor Anakin, about to be turned over to the Sith Lord.

22. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Every time I turn around there's a new post here... I like it!!! :D :D

Obi-Wan thinks he's got all bases covered. Hmmmm, I think over confidence could be Ob-Wan's undoing. Aww, poor Shmi, thinking her son is going to the Jedi Temple.

23. AnakinsHeir

AnakinsHeir Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2004
    So Mace may be dead, but then again, maybe not. You're pretty sneaky, so I'm not going to give up on old baldy just yet. Another great chapter!

24. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    Hey now! Did you kill Windu? I'm going to go look in Word and see what comes next since you won't tell me! Great chapter, but if you killed Mace I'm going to be very unhappy. You won't like me when I'm unhappy!

25. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    Poor old Mace (if he's really gone). If only Shmi knew what Obi-Wan had planned for her son! But Obi-Wan should be worried about what his own long-term future holds...because if Qui-Gon decided to keep Anakin then things aren't going to be quite so rosy for Obi! After all, only two there are: no more, no less! Which one is it going to be?

Great post! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.