main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga To those who think the ST killed Star Wars, how do you cope?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by BoulderFaceplant, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Darth Bridge 167

Darth Bridge 167 Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 13, 2017
    So I went back and watched TFA for the first time since December (for the record I LOVED TFA), and I am sad to say the movie is worse now because of TLJ. The movie has lost all it's luster because I think of the lame resolutions in TLJ. I loved Rey as Daisy Ridley did a great job, but her character has lost that magic now. The whole scene when Anakin/Luke's saber calls to her doesn't work now, and another scene that lost its luster is when she force grabs Luke's lightsaber to his music. Snoke is not a character anymore, he is a caricature, as he is just some lame villain who is going to die in TLJ. And the ending with Luke and Rey, which was my favorite part of the movie, and all I can think of is that ridiculous flip over of his shoulder.

I didn't think it could happen but the Trilogy fell like a house of cards for me after watching TFA knowing what happens in TLJ. I was going to buy the TLJ BluRay next week, but it's not even worth it at this point, because the movie will never click with me. It will be the first SW release I will not buy as it's sort of surreal because these tentpole dates I always look fondly on. I still remember the DVD release dates for TPM 10/16/01, AOTC 11/12/02, ROTS 11/1/05 and TFA 4/4/16. I couldn't wait for these releases and here I was one week before the TLJ release, and I was still weighing whether to waste my money on it?

Rian Johnson said he wanted to burn down the whole thing so the franchise could go in a different direction. He succeeded in that respect, but the problem is he is leaving fans like me behind.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
  2. Tosche_Station

Tosche_Station Jedi Master star 2

Feb 9, 2015
    I would rate Thrawn and that moon as definitely more essential to SW mythology than Kylo Ren and Rey...

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
    Blackhole E Snoke and DrDre like this.
  3. Seeker Of The Whills

Seeker Of The Whills Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    With my COMPLETE saga Blu-ray box set. The saga has been finished ever since the final episode released in 2005, I'm just frustrated seeing them ruin its legacy.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
    Alexrd likes this.
  4. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Please see the pinned thread concerning film bashing.