main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Story [Tolkien] Interweaving of Hearts & Lives Ficlet Collection

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Oct 23, 2020.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Game Host star 7 VIP - Game Host

Aug 31, 2004
    Disclaimer: Borrowing the characters with unwavering love.
    Characters: ECs and OCs from the Trek and Tolkien worldscapes.

Thanks to the incomparable @Mira_Jade for these opening forays and for introducing me to the AMAZING songstress Eurielle. [face_love]

Arwen's Promise - BLOWN AWAY!

Luthien's Lament

Songstress: Eurielle

~
    Arwen's eyes were like the stars at twilight, glimmering and luminous. Her spirit resolute & her heart not easily won... but when Elessar captured her notice, her heart was not long in holding back from a life-altering choice. Her promise was long in the fulfilling, and often they despaired of its happy fruition. But when they finally were able to join lives as they had done their hearts in the vibrant forest, the outcome was all they could have dreamed. As the years unfurled like golden blossoms, neither had cause to regret that promise.

In the unmarred and eternally glorious Valinor, the Valar and Maiar were witness to all sorts of marvels, not least the two unmatched Trees of silver and gold! Tragedy touched them but left the land unscarred, thankfully, a bastion of Light and Serenity.

But nothing, no one served to move their compassionate essences more than the selfless unswerving devotion of Luthien Tinuviel... They granted her request because of her undeniable selfless love so that her soul could intertwine with that of her once-lost but now-regained love.

+++

:) ^:)^

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2020 at 12:17 PM
    Mira_Jade and pronker like this.
  2. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The Fanfic Manager With The Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    SQUEE!!!

What a gorgeous start to this collection! Honestly, I went to quote specific parts, but it's the whole here that's just so beautiful. L├╣thien's devotion; Arwen's faith - both are such beautiful mirrors of each other, in so many ways, the least of which being the depth of their loves. What a beautiful look at one of Tolkien's greatest feats in story telling. [face_love] =D=

I can't wait to see what you have to share with us next! [face_mischief] :D

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Game Host star 7 VIP - Game Host

Aug 31, 2004
    Nyota hums "April in Paris" as she mixes chocolate chip waffles.

"Mom, what's that song?" Jenessa asks.

"It's a classic ballad. I never knew the charm of spring, never missed a warm embrace until ... April in Paris."

Jenessa smiles. "It's pretty."

"Yes," Nyota says dreamily, "And the chestnut trees in blossom at sunset are also exquisite."

"Were you there, then?" Grayson asks coming in to eat the raw batter.

Nyota's eyes grow even more warmly reflective. "Your Dad and I went there on a vacation more than once ... It holds a sweet meaning for us."

Jenessa and Grayson grin at one another.

They know their folks are unabashedly still twitterpated, although naturally their Dad's basking is ... understated.

+++

[face_laugh] [face_mischief]

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020 at 2:49 PM