main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Tolkien] Moon's Glow & Noontide ~Of Galadriel~ Completed, 08-23!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jan 20, 2014.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    laurethiel1138 ___ earlybird-obi-wan ____ Mira_Jade
    ~~!

As Celeborn and I trade lessons in weaponcraft, I cannot help but admire his skill with the bow. I do not notice his physique or the ease and strength behind his movements. That would be an absurd assertion, so I laugh at the mere idea. Such preoccupations would be ridiculous.

+++

LOL Famous last words. ;)

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    She sure is getting to know him better

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  3. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    You keep telling yourself that, dear. [face_mischief][face_laugh][face_love] This was a fun update, and another excellent glimpse at their growing relationship, even if she doesn't realize it yet. :p

=D=[:D]

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Mira_Jade earlybird-obi-wan laurethiel1138 -- a long-overdue update. :D

~~~~

I help Melian and Luthien with tapestry work. The intricate weave is made up of hues ranging from lightest blue and green to the richest violet. It is a work of art that I find appeals to my love of beauty. Luthien speaks of the Songmaster who has a crush on her. She is sad that his love must go unrequited, since she does not want to bring pain to another being, but she cannot give false hopes either.

Her innate honesty pricks my conscience.

Melian's astute glance catches mine. Has she perhaps discerned even a part of my burden?

+++++

5. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    nothing can be hidden from her or from Melian

6. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I was so happy to see these stories updated that you have no idea. [face_love] That said! Ouch, even unmeaning, LĂșthien's dealing with Daeron definitely hit a sore spot for Galadriel. What a burden she is carrying alone, and it just breaks my heart to see! :(

Another excellent update. [face_love][:D]

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    earlybird-obi-wan

Mira_Jade
    LOL Weekends rock for updating. ;)

~~~~~~!

At a midsummer festival, Celeborn and I share a dance reel. His blue-gray eyes sparkle at me as he rejoins to my quip that I was not aware he could dance so expertly.

"I have many unknown talents, Lady, of which you are unaware."

My heart did a flip.

Is he flirting with me? I wondered.

When the dance ended, before he could think twice, or I pull away, he kissed me.

It was not a lengthy gesture, but it stole my breath all the same.

"Did I say you could do that?" I demanded.

"No, did it displease you?" He asked in all innocence.

I did not tell him that what discomfited me most was how very much I did not object.

++++++

[face_dancing]

Random Comments likes this.
  8. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Hmm she is falling in love. Sweet words from her to describe her feelings

9. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    [face_laugh][face_love]

"Did I say you could do that?" I demanded.

"No, did it displease you?" He asked in all innocence.

Because it had to happen that way. That was so very them that I loved it. [face_love] This whole update just brought a smile to my face. It is wonderful seeing her fall - this part of the relationship is always beautiful to explore. =D=[:D]

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    One of my brothers had disclosed our deep secret. Thingol has (most understandably) banished us from his Halls for the immediate and foreseeable future. Perhaps Melian will soothe his ire, eventually. She is the only one who is up to such a monumental task.

The wound that bites and pierces the deepest is Celeborn's cold demeanor towards me.

I did not know how much I cherished his regard until it had been lost.

I joined Finrod, therefore, as he began building a vast and lovely sanctuary, Nargrothrond.

++++++

earlybird-obi-wan ---

Mira_Jade
    serendipityaey
    :)

11. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    What has Celeborn done?

12. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Ouch. :( The First Kinslaying is no light mater, and that news must have shocked! Especially when held from someone you were growing that close to in a romantic sense. :(

I look forward to them moving past this hurdle, though. [face_love]

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks all. I enjoyed the drama of that one, and the mush of this LOL

The Halls of Nargrothrond are wonders to behold, shimmering and full of nooks and corners in which blooming trellises and fountains can be and are placed. Such a serene place soothes my mind incredibly.

Celeborn comes to me in the spring of the year. He finds me in one of the side gardens.

He tells me he does not care for Thingol's strictures - I am all light through and through for him, have been since the instant he laid eyes on me first. It was simply the shock of the news that he was instinctively automatically reacting to.

"Galadriel, you are crowned in radiance, not just literally, but from the inside. I may have forfeited any right or privilege, but I care for you deeply. Can you not, will you not, return such regard?"

I favor him with a cool, measuring look. I am half tempted to walk away or at the very least tell him I shall consider it, not out of spite, but because my thoughts and emotions are in a tumult. But the larger part of me is above that hectic fray. It is amazingly clear as I gaze into his blue-grey eyes.

"I believe I can. Yes. But we shall have to proceed with discretion and tact."

His chuckle is low as he draws me close. "I have the patience." He remarks.

The sunset dapples the sky in hues of amethyst shading to rose-gold as he kisses me softly.

I return it in unspoken promise.

++++

*melts* Just [face_love] !!!!

earlybird-obi-wan and Mira_Jade
    @};-

14. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Ooooh! [face_love][face_love] This was just perfect. You wonderfully captured Nargothrond in just a few words, and Celeborn's apology was just lovely - perfectly said and from the heart. Your 'voices' for them both were spot on. Just:

"Galadriel, you are crowned in radiance, not just literally, but from the inside. I may have forfeited any right or privilege, but I care for you deeply. Can you not, will you not, return such regard?"

Please excuse me while I just grin at my computer screen for a moment. [face_love]

Again, you just resolved this in the loveliest of ways. [face_love]=D=

[:D]

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_blush] Oh joy and raptures, thanks! Coming from the one who does Tolkien-esque dialogue so marvelously I feel I'm reading his extant works =D= =D= Blisses! ^:)^

16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Beautifully spoken words of love by Celeborn. Tolkien-esque indeed

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Using the NSW prompt "warmed by the fire"

~~!

I was chilled by the icy burden of past deeds, weighing upon my heart and mind like frozen icebergs.

Inside, I felt walled off and unreachable.

Celeborn's warmth of regard, love, and respect for me has only grown with time.

My heart has thawed and been drawn to his innate strength and goodness.

Through the years that follow, our joint resolve and his unflagging faith and loyalty has lent me the courage to make the hard choices and find inner peace.

Although we will be parted for a time, briefly, until he can join me in the Deathless Lands, I know we will both find consummate and true healing there, together - With Celebrian and the others of our family who will be there to welcome us.

Fini

+++++++

Mira_Jade

earlybird-obi-wan

18. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    What a beautiful ending to her diary. She will be together with all her beloved ones in the Deathless Lands.

19. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Now this was the perfect thing to log back into. [face_love] Galadriel has such a moving, epic sweep of character development over the centuries, and you really captured that peace and resolve that defined her in the end. I loved the mental image of their whole family finding each other in Valinor again - it was a perfect way to end the tale. [face_love] =D=

Thank-you so much for sharing! [:D]

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks muchly. I love Galadriel's wisdom, courage, and resilience. I love the idea/thought of partings only being temporary with an everlasting reunion to come. [face_dancing]