main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story Tolkien: Unfading Shores for the Classic Music Mini-Game Challenge

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, May 3, 2020.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks to @Pandora for this majestic prompt!
    #1 for the Classical Music Challenge is Summer (from the Four Seasons) by Antonio Vivaldi.

~

Middle-Earth knew the four seasons throughout all the Ages of struggle against Sauron. There were bastions of unalloyed loveliness in Rivendell and Lothlorien.

The Eldar and those who strove the hardest longed for the unfading shores of Valinor.

Galadriel was one whose long years had seen more sorrows than most, but she had glimpsed much joy. She had imparted no small measure of courage to those whose paths crossed hers.

When she returned to Valinor, where summer never turned to the slow passage into the chill of autumn, her heart and mind could find respite and tranquility again.

+++

[face_love]

Last edited: May 13, 2020
    pronker, brodiew, Pandora and 2 others like this.
  2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Galadriel and summer in Valinor, beautiful

3. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    So peaceful and lovely! [face_love] Love seeing all the creativity these challenges are inspiring!

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  4. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    I absolutely love your Middle Earth pieces, Nyota. Especially the ones with Galadriel. She is like the mother of middle Earth. Wise loving compassionate understanding Honest. However there is another quality that I can't quite pinpoint. I think radiant laced with melancholy.

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh that is gorgeously insightful and certainly she would have that radiance mingled with sorrow. [face_thinking]

brodiew likes this.
  6. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    OH MY GOODNESS BUT I THOUGHT I COMMENTED ON THIS! Lemme fix that now. :p [face_blush]

Because I have to echo brodie's words: I adore your Middle Earth stories, especially when you feature Galadriel! You definitely get that feel of stately compassion and ethereal radiance and eternity here. The focus on the seasons really gave this piece a sense of timelessness! She's been a beacon and a support for others for thousands of years, and she's experienced as many sorrows as she has wonderful joys. But this, this -

- was just perfect. Now she can go home and find rest and healing for her own spirit. Lovely! [face_love]

=D= [:D]

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thank you so much! I always strive for the majestic elegance and wisdom with Galadriel. Valinor, it resonates with me on SO MANY LEVELS! The tranquility and serenity where hearts and spirits can heal :) [face_sigh]

Mira_Jade likes this.
  8. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    I'm not too familiar with Tolkien's mythos, but I can see how well the season summer fits here: both for Valinor (that is where the elves and Frodo go on the grey ships, right?) where it is always summer, and--with summer representing the youthful stage of one's life--the elves themselves, who live forever, and stay in the summer of their lives for so long. "Thy eternal summer shall not fade," indeed.

But if you live for thousands of years, as Galadriel has, you will encounter both the summer and deathly winter of life, and it's understandable that she wishes to find both rest and healing.

Thanks for writing this for my challenge!