main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Senate [Too Lazy for a Pun Title] Crisis in Bolivia

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lord Vivec, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 28, 2006
    I'm not saying that Asia has subdivisions, just that saying "we need Australia and Polynesia threads" is easily covered by "Oceania"

2. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Honest to god what is the matter with you? "hormonal"? I get that you get all flustered any time you disagree with me but please make sense about it. I posted a twitter thread that goes back days and covers the reasons this is happening. It is not my job to restate that info. Read it or don't. I appreciate the substance btw, but I have a stance. I don't need to equivocate my stance to what someone who thinks drone war is an oopsydaisy thinks. I am not here to freaking lay out a thesis for you.

You patronize everyone constantly cause the idea that people know what is happening and hold views that are distasteful to you seems impossible for you. Glee over people rising up, yeah sorry I support people taking political action.

Why do I get the sense that your response to the damn Warsaw Uprising would have been "hey let's not hormonally cheer on the people in those ghettos. you need to give a centrist answer that appeals to my personal politics.

You have not nor have ever been willing to converse with me, so don't pretend you want to hear my summary. You would call references to "neoliberalism" editorializing. People giving a damn is "favorite video game" to you and that says so much about you more than anything. You view solidarity or support for people in the third world thast goes beyond pabulum as fictional and fandom. Because for you political praxis is complaining about people supporting mass movements. Also refer to me directly instead of dancing around it, you wanna belittle me and insult me like always? fine do it to my goddamn face especially if you wanna do it in a way insulting my mental health.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
  3. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    You’ve all had your fun with the flaming, baiting, and thinly veiled personal attacks. Draw a line under it now, and play nice in here.

4. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    thank you, I mean it. I would have crossed a line or done something stupid if you hadn't stepped in.

In other news even with the new constitution Chile is not surrendering their militant opposition to their government
    https://www.telesurenglish.net/news/Chile-Health-Workers-Go-on-Indefinite-Strike-20201123-0013.html
    Love to see it. And if anyone wants to know why I support them, just read the reporting I posted instead of demanding I explain Chilean unionism.

The pressure they exert particularly with the mass protests and literally fighting police for months now has led to a change. Same brutality, but because Chileans have shown there will be recompense for the government's actions, things like this get slightly different endings
    https://www.telesurenglish.net/news/Chile-Two-Minors-Shot-by-Police-Protest-Spark-20201118-0018.html
    the general-director of the police has been sacked in response. Likely not gonna change much of anything, but still it shows the regime is scared enough. And no I wont explain why shooting 2 minors is a thing I disagree with.

Rew and Darth Punk like this.
  5. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
    Darth Guy and CT-867-5309 like this.
  6. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016

Great rundown of the coup and its reign

soitscometothis likes this.
  7. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    The US's puppets sure do stand for fair elections eh? Oh but Putin's facebook memes? now that is subverting democracy

Canada and US refuse to accept an internationally observed and approved election. Which matters cause democracy is what we say must happen in other people's countries

https://www.telesurenglish.net/news...lition-Wins-67-of-the-Vote-20201206-0011.html
    https://www.mintpressnews.com/us-media-pols-bias-venezuela-national-assembly-elections/273431/

Regardless of the US and its allies' tantrums a new national assembly is established

Other news Peru's undergoing an indefinite strike of several industries
    https://www.telesurenglish.net/news...ike-To-Demand-Labor-Rights-20201208-0009.html
    This is as agricultural workers wage a fight against "Agrarian Law no. 27360, which granted tax benefits to exporting companies, while cutting some labor rights." which was appealed on the 4th by a landslide after mass demonstrations.

The Bolivarian Revolution is secure, so that's the best birthday present I could ask for

Venceremos!

Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
    Abadacus and Lord Vivec like this.
  8. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016

Great rundown of Venezuela's election process and the sheer insanity of the us and NATO stance which WaPo openly touts in the most grotesque manner.