main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Victoria. BC TOOPING 2009

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by haruwindsong, Mar 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. haruwindsong

haruwindsong Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 2, 2004
    Here is the list of troopings as they presently stand for this summer. It doesn't matter if you aren't a member of the 501st or the Rebel Legion, so long as you have a decent costume and will come support us. Heck, we can help you upgrade that outfit, either with advice or assistance so you CAN join the formal groups. So PM one of us soonest and let us know if you're interested.

03 May: Boy Scouts Camp in Sooke, BC (Vancouver Island). Only four volunteers (incl me) as of this date.
    If you're from the mainland and interested, someone amongst us can offer you crash space Saturday night if you can come over.

June: Oak Bay Tea Party date to be determined
    Bucanneer Days date to be determined

01 July: Parksville Canada Day Parade (meet up in Parksville at precisely 0700 hours, so some of us prefer to overnight in area to ensure we're on site)

August: PNE Parade a Sunday between the Aug long weekend and Labour Day

Oct: VCon. I've heard good and bad things about this event, unfortunately there seems to be a tendancy towards a disconnect in understanding between us and the organizers as to precisely HOW much we can do. We CAN'T perform their security details like the Klingons used to do. Not enough of us, even if we didn't want to attend any of the convention activities.

Sidney Sparkles: end of Nov

If anyone has any other events of note, plse bring them to Leanne's and my attention. Thanks guys. Will check back and update this site as time closes on the actual events.

2. haruwindsong

haruwindsong Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 2, 2004
    The boyscout camp trooping went very well, although no one from the 501st showed up. We had four Jedi knights, one young rebel (supporting Master Yoda), and Padme (who handed out awards for the winners of the pod race heats and final race.

06 June: Oak Bay Tea Party -- I need bodies
    13 June: Buccaneer Days -- I need bodies

No one has committed to either of these events.

There will be no PNE this year. Appears the budget crunch has hit them as well. John (Luke), please contact me ASAP with regards to Parksville. Do they want us again this year?

If I can't get a better response from the 501st members I will be informing the Badlands that they will have to find someone else to wrangle the troops. It's wearing me out chasing them and the Rebels.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.