main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Top 3 most anticipated

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by DannyD, Jan 10, 2021.

?

What are your top 3 most anticipated?

1. Acolyte

33.5%
  2. Ahsoka

53.7%
  3. Andor

35.6%
  4. Bad Batch

17.6%
  5. Book of Boba

21.3%
  6. Kenobi

50.5%
  7. Lando

6.4%
  8. Mandalorian 3

43.1%
  9. Rangers

2.1%
  10. Visions

5.9%
  11. Skeleton Crew

4.8%
  12. Tales of the Jedi

6.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    For your own reasons...

What are your top 3 most anticipated SWTV shows recently announced? And what are you most looking forward to?

DarthFixxxer likes this.
  2. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    The possibilities for these shows are amazing and endless, hard to pick favorites!

If I HAD to Pick.....
    Acolyte- Interested to see female-centric SW, something different, much about the dark side perhaps. I like that this one is a a different era. One of my few complaints is that I would like at least one or two other shows in different eras,. but I'm sure we will get there.

Obi- Obvious for a SW fan- an Obi Wan show, Hayden in it, what more could one ask for?

Ahsoka- We need a quality story about a Jedi. It's been a long time since we've had one in live action....

Really excited about every one of these that is live action; I have my preferences, but everything live action will be an event for me.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
  3. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Acolyte
    Obi-Wan-Kenobi
    The Book of Boba Fett

Acolyte, because we're in completely uncharted territory, and its likely to feature brand new characters. Obi-Wan, because it sounds like a perfect sequel to ROTS, and they have an opportunity to smooth out some creases I've always had with the OT. The BOBF, because it could do for Fett what the CW did for Maul ( Mandalorian has already got the ball rolling), and because it offers the chance for some wacky aliens and creatures seeing as my favourite locale in the entirety of SW, Jabba's Palace, is seemingly going to feature heavily (I hope so, at least).

4. Zoe Con

Zoe Con Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 5, 2020
    Mandalorian 3 - want to see where they take Din Djarin and the Mandalores - also how Grogu will be weaved into it - see Pedro really show what he can do in terms of his acting without the helmet and with.
    Kenobi - excited about Ewan being back and seeing what he is up to after Revenge of the Sith
    The Book of Boba Fett - just sheer curiousity and it should be fun

Will be waiting a while for these, but looking forward to them nonetheless.

Chancellor Yoda and DannyD like this.
  5. Shamear

Shamear Jedi Master star 1

Feb 9, 2014
    Kenobi
    Acolyte
    Ahsoka

Give me all the Jedi/Force wielder content. I'm just excited to see all the additions to the Force and Jedi/Sith lore these shows will bring, plus:
    - I've been dying to see more Ewan Kenobi for years, and now we get Hayden in it too? Dream come true.
    - Very interested to see what they do with the Acolyte, especially if it indeed matches our speculation about it centering around the Sith lords of that era.
    - With Ahsoka, I'm interested to see where else Filoni can take this character and I'm hoping for some Rebels appearances and tie-ins too. Fingers crossed The World Between Worlds somehow factors into this show, however unlikely.

6. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Ahsoka
    Bad Batch
    Kenobi

Every one of them has ties to TCW; as you might've guessed. I shouldn't have to mention why I'm looking forward to the Ahsoka series. It's a long time coming. There's plenty of scenarios - the Rebels epilogue cliffhanger not withstanding - that most certainly need resolutions to. Above all; perhaps this series may give Ahsoka herself a final chapter. We'll see.

I'm looking forward to the Bad Batch series not necessarily so much for the rogue clones themselves; but for what possibilities for other characters (Ventress, Barriss, etc.) might come into play.

I'm interested in Kenobi to see if they do tie in some TCW content to it. Would he talk about Satine? What about the resurrection of Maul? Yeah, we got the glimpse of live action Maul in Solo; but it'd be a different story seeing Ewan McGreggor talking about him being alive. And maybe (wishful thinking) he talks about Anakin's Padawan :D

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Acolyte
    Boba
    Bad Batxh

Chancellor Yoda and DannyD like this.
  8. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Kenobi: For the chance of seeing Ewan as Obi-Wan again in a rematch against Vader
    Lando: SOLO is my favorite Disney era movie so I hope this is set in that time period especially if it's a SOLO follow up
    Ahsoka: Ahsoka is just great and I'm so intrigued to see where her story goes

9. DannyD

Dec 16, 2017
    Acolyte: Could be interesting additional story with new characters.

Kenobi: I'm hoping it'll be a nice character piece.

Lando: New planets and scenarios. Something slick and fun, not too earnest.

Mando 3 and BOB are also good contenders but as we know where we are with them, the possibilities are more open with those above. (While we know about Lando and Kenobi, there's still some unfinished stories there).

Zoe Con and Chancellor Yoda like this.
  10. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Would that involve Lando finding closure for his lost love, and moving on to another robot? ;)

11. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    Only three? :D

Andor - Dark spy thriller in Star Wars? So much yes.

Obi-Wan Kenobi - As someone who grew up with the PT I'm so excited to see Ewan and Hayden again on screen. :obiwan: :anakin:

The Bad Batch - I confess being more interested in the era the show is set in (the Dark Times) then the Bad Batch themselves. Plus seeing the TCW style of animation again will be great too.

Bor Mullet and DannyD like this.
  12. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    Lando-just based off that 70s-esque logo
    Andor-didn't think it'd be that excited for this but what they showcased at the investor preview looked pretty good
    Mando Season 3

13. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    01. Obi-Wan Kenobi (and Vader)
    02. Obi-Wan Kenobi (and Vader)
    03. Obi-Wan Kenobi (and Vader)
    04. Obi-Wan Kenobi (and Vader)
    05. Obi-Wan Kenobi (and Vader)
    06. Obi-Wan Kenobi (and Vader)
    07. Obi-Wan Kenobi (and Vader)
    08. Obi-Wan Kenobi (and Vader)
    09. The Book of Boba Fett
    10. Ahsoka

14. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    1. Obi-Wan
    2. Acolyte
    3. Ahsoka or Rangers

DarthFixxxer, DannyD and Lee_ like this.
  15. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    1. Kenobi
    2. Ahsoka
    3. Andor

I'm especially looking forward to Kenobi and Ahsoka, cause I really want some SW TV with Force users.

Lee_, DarthFixxxer and DannyD like this.
  16. SmokeMonster4815162342

SmokeMonster4815162342 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 31, 2015
    Obi-Wan --- For obvious reasons.

Acolyte - I'm all for more Sith adventures. Red lightsabers every week? Yes please.

Rangers -- I just wanna see more of the New Republic. Given that this is a prequel to Mandalorian I’m hoping we really get to explore what was accomplished by toppling the Empire after ROTJ. Also here for my T65 fix. Here’s hoping.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
    Lee_ and DannyD like this.
  17. rocknroll41

rocknroll41 Jedi Master star 4

May 28, 2013
    1.THE ACOLYTE - I’m VERY interested to see what The High Republic looks like in live action (I know it’s “the final days,” but close enough!).

2.KENOBI - For seeing Ewan and Hayden again, of course.

3.VISIONS - An anime anthology sounds right up my alley!

DannyD likes this.
  18. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Top 3 is difficult, but I voted for:
    Kenobi
    Mandalorian season 3
    Book of Boba Fett

Andor and Rangers would be the next two on my list.

Zoe Con, DannyD and DarthFixxxer like this.
  19. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    1. All
    2. Of
    3. Them

20. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    1. Ahsoka - because she oscillates between being my favorite character in Star Wars along with Luke Skywalker
    2. Kenobi - because hello there
    3. The Mandalorian - because I still this show is perfectly made, with or without Grogu

That 3rd option was hard, as I was between Mando 3, Andor, The Bad Batch and The Acolyte

4. I was more excited about the Acolyte but I am now a little skeptical.
    5. The Bad Batch would have been higher, but it's animated, and while there's nothing wrong with that, I prefer live action
    6. Andor I think will be amazing, I just don't care for the main character.
    7. Rangers Of The New Republic will be a F+F show, so I am definitely looking forward to it, but we already have Mando + Ahsoka
    8 and 9.Lando and Boba Fett have always been uninteresting to me, I love them as side characters but that's it.
    10. Visions will be a filler show for me probably.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
  21. DannyD

Dec 16, 2017
    It'll be great to see how our opinions change (if at all) as they get released.

Andor was another close one for my top 3. A French Resistance in Space sounds fun.

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  22. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    This is the most accurate answer, of course.

23. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    The Mandalorian season three, The Bad Batch, and Visions.

DannyD likes this.
  24. juicepouch

juicepouch Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 13, 2020
    Mando 3: so many plot threads I want to see resolved! Perhaps chief among them is how the relationship between Bo-Katan and Din continues to evolve or devolve.

Kenobi: very interested to know more about Ben's life on Tatooine and how he deals with the events of RotS

Acolyte: new time period, new characters, female-centric, dark-side-centric, mystery thriller, what's not to love?

HM: Ahsoka, Bad Batch, Book of Boba Fett. The rest... don't really pique my interest all that much. I'll probably watch Lando and RotNR at least.

DannyD and Zoe Con like this.
  25. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    Oops, I screwed up my vote, but... Obi-Wan, Ahsoka, Mando 3. (And Andor close behind. Oh, and Bad Batch. Well, no wonder I blew it.)

It's easier to list the ones I'm less excited about, but even those interest me plenty. For stuff like Rangers, Lando, BOBF, Acolyte... I just don't have enough of a read on them to say, so it's a matter of "highly likely to be excited later".

Wildcatbarry and DannyD like this.