main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Top 3 most anticipated

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by DannyD, Jan 10, 2021.

?

What are your top 3 most anticipated?

1. Acolyte

33.5%
  2. Ahsoka

53.7%
  3. Andor

35.6%
  4. Bad Batch

17.6%
  5. Book of Boba

21.3%
  6. Kenobi

50.5%
  7. Lando

6.4%
  8. Mandalorian 3

43.1%
  9. Rangers

2.1%
  10. Visions

5.9%
  11. Skeleton Crew

4.8%
  12. Tales of the Jedi

6.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    I really hope it surprises me, because I didn’t like the Bad Batch arc of TCW. I don’t care for the characters, so they will need to pull me in by connecting it to the wider saga.

Sarge and Bor Mullet like this.
  2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Still:

1. Ando
    2. Lando
    3. Mando

For me.

Lord-Skywalker , Zoe Con and DannyD like this.
  3. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    I'd be very surprised if the scope of the show didn't expand beyond the core group of characters. We already have Tarkin, Fennec, and Palpatine (at least a holo of him) in the trailer and that's probably only the beginning. Rebels and The Mandalorian both started out small in scope and then blew up in the second season. I think something similar might happen here.

4. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    The show will absolutely HAVE to extend way beyond the Bad Batch characters because those guys were lame.

Wilhuff's Slippers and Sarge like this.
  5. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    They were pulled straight out of the big bag o' stereotypes, cliches, and tropes. The unoriginality is strong with this group.

CrazyOldJedi and Bor Mullet like this.
  6. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    I finally voted for the mandalorian season 3, book of boba fett, the bad batch, and my 4th vote is the obi wan tv series even though We can only vote for 3

Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
    Jedi Knight Fett, Zoe Con and DannyD like this.
  7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I think the bad batch show will improve on those 4 characters. plus it will focus on world buliding and story arcs like clone wars, so we will see mutch more then just them and focus on different things unlike Rebels.

8. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002

We either are going to see the bad batch fight the empire or for it or a little bit of both.

They could be mercenaries.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  9. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    1. Kenobi- very excited to see Ewan back in this role and the announcement of Hayden returning just sweetened the pot. The Clone Wars cartoon was ok, not a favorite of mine so I am looking forward to whatever they do in flashbacks during this time and the relationship between these two Jedi.

2. Andor- GFFA spy thriller, why not?

3. Acolyte- Potential dark side female character- I'm in

10. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    There’s also rumors that obi wan might be in the andor show too. Like maybe a cameo.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  11. CampOfSorgan

CampOfSorgan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2020
    Bad Batch, Book of Boba, and Rangers of the New Republic.

While intrigued by Kenobi, not sure how excited I am for it. I feel like Ewan and Hayden's story was told in the prequels and should be left at that. Almost makes it more impactful if those two actors' tremendous portrayals were left to the saga films only. Not trying to be a contrarian with this opinion, but it's genuinely how I feel. Nevertheless, I'm sure the series will be tremendously made and I will be watching.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
    Deliveranze, black_saber and DannyD like this.
  12. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Ahsoka, Book of Boba, and Mando season 3. I’m stoked for the other shows too, but these are my top 3.

Zoe Con and DannyD like this.
  13. Wilhuff's Slippers

Wilhuff's Slippers Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 12, 2019
    Ahsoka,
    I want me some mystic/cosmic/world between worlds force ***t and I want it yesterday.

Boba - It's the next thing and although I was never a Boba fan boy, I really liked what they did with him in the Mandalorian and would like to know more about his life between entering the Sarlaac and when we saw him in the Mandalorian.
    I also like the set up with him taking over Jabba's Palace and the potential ramifications that has on the now seemingly clean and calm city of Mos Eisley.

Visions - could completely change the game for Lucas Film animation - incredible potential in the medium if done well.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2021
  14. Cyber Spark

Cyber Spark Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 27, 2020
    Absolutely. Lucasfilm teaming up with Japanese studios opens doors to so many new things, and I am all in, me being the filthy weeb that I am. Absolutely stoked.

Wilhuff's Slippers likes this.
  15. Wilhuff's Slippers

Wilhuff's Slippers Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 12, 2019
    I can’t claim to be super knowledgable about the medium, but I’m a big fan of the Ghibli films, if we can get something like Mononoke, Nausicaa or Tales from Earthsea I’d be over the moon.

Cyber Spark likes this.
  16. silentfault

silentfault Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 5, 2021
    Ahsoka, The Bad Batch and Kenobi for me.

Ahsoka will definitely incorporate more esoteric Force stuff, and I want to see her resolution with Anakin, and where her story goes from there.

The Bad Batch has great potential, we haven't seen what happened immediately after Order 66 and the first year of the Empire, how clones cope with Order 66, becoming a police force, and ultimately getting replaced by regular conscripts. Also, I hope we get to see Delta Squad. They weren't used much for various reasons back in the day, outside of a short cameo, but maybe now is the time. Can't get enough of commando action.

Kenobi for Ewan McGregor of course, and I am curious how are they going to use Hayden Christensen, and if there are going to be The Clone Wars flashbacks, I wonder if Hayden can pull it off.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
    Cyber Spark and DannyD like this.
  17. Kenobi because it will be the last time we will see Hayden and Ewan
    Acolyte because had potential

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2021
    Cyber Spark and DannyD like this.
  18. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    OK, at the risk of resurrecting an old thread...

...but in light of the fact we've had some changes/sneaky announcements...

...has your top 3 changed?

19. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Acolyte jumped into my top 3 since all the High Republic stuff released.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  20. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Yeah I have to say outside of Kenobi The Acolyte might be my most anticipated show.

21. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I had already included Visions but after seeing its first look trailer I'm even more pumped about it.

22. Gavin_Skywalker

Gavin_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 10, 2021
    Here mine:

1. Ahsoka - Ezra deserves to reunite with Hera. Thrawn in Live action is intimidating, and it may prequelize Rangers.
    2. Mando S3 - Can’t wait to see Djaren rule Mandalore and the Luke/Grogu duo in action.
    3. Andor - Rogue One backstory? I’m in. It starts off at 5 BBY, so if we see any Rebels crossovers or it’s a multi-season (3-4) show, they are both bonuses.

23. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Andor
    Kenobi
    Acolyte

No particular order. Excited to see new stuff!!

Last edited: Aug 12, 2021
    VexedAtVohai and Charmbracelet like this.
  24. Charmbracelet

Charmbracelet Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 24, 2020
    I also chose Andor, Kenobi and Acolyte ^^ Looking forward to Acolyte the most as I am enjoying the High Republic era that it is set in.
    Rangers also seems like it could be cool.

VexedAtVohai and DannyD like this.
  25. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    1. Kenobi
    2. Ahsoka
    3. Acolyte

Basically all the Force stuff.

DannyD likes this.