main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Top 3 most anticipated

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by DannyD, Jan 10, 2021.

?

What are your top 3 most anticipated?

1. Acolyte

33.5%
  2. Ahsoka

53.7%
  3. Andor

35.6%
  4. Bad Batch

17.6%
  5. Book of Boba

21.3%
  6. Kenobi

50.5%
  7. Lando

6.4%
  8. Mandalorian 3

43.1%
  9. Rangers

2.1%
  10. Visions

5.9%
  11. Skeleton Crew

4.8%
  12. Tales of the Jedi

6.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    If Andor had any kind of hint of some sort of side story involving Jyn and/or her father, I'd be that much more excited about it.

2. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Here's some hints...

The scientists in the trailer.
    The series running right up to RO.
    Disney is tight on secrets.

3. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Andor, Bad Batch and Tale of the jedi. Ahsoka is also interesting though. Rangers is probably not even coming. But nice to have so much stuff coming, If only quality would be over quantity. Book of Boba Fett was such a disappointment, Obi-Wan was okay.
    Lando is probably mainly an idea and I doubt that Acolyte is any good. I just cannot see Disney doing dark enough story for sith. It is probably too light-hearted for sith story that I mean. I'm least interested in Skeleton Crew. Sure it may surprise positively. It may just be unbearable to watch if child actors are poor and/or story is dumb.
    Visions is interesting though but hard to say, I would like to see less these feudal Japan looking planets. Either they should go full AU with samurai-jedi in feudal world or then do scifi-setting with imaginative worlds that suit to Star Wars canon(while show isn't canon). In the first visions they really couldn't decide. Maybe Disney asked it to look very Japanese or something though, but locations that were introduced were mostly like straight from feudal Japan.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2022
  4. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    So, since Andor is having its premiere on August 31st and consists of 12 episodes (first two episodes on that date), that means it will run until November 9. The 2nd season of The Bad Batch will premiere on September 28, and if it also has 16 episodes, it will run until the end of the year, probably into 2023. Tales Of The Jedi is supposed to be released in the "fall of 2022", which means there is a chance we will have 3 Star Wars shows at the same time for a few weeks.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2022
  5. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Andor and Bad Batch might have some small connections together, there only 14-15 years apart.

6. DannyD

Dec 16, 2017
    By the looks of the new trailer...

1) Andor
    2) Andor S2
    3) Acolyte

Bor Mullet and Mostly Handless like this.
  7. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Since Kenobi is done, I've changed my vote to the A Team:
    1. Ahsoka
    2. The Acolyte
    3. Andor

8. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    mine at the moment are

Andor
    Acolyte
    Lando

9. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I find it unfair that I can't vote for Andor 3 times.

10. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Mine are.

Andor
    Acolyte
    Ahsoka.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  11. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Right now?

Andor
    Andor
    Andor

12. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I was very, very wrong. The first three episodes of Andor are my top 3 most anticipated.

13. Darth Baga

Darth Baga Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 21, 2021
    Right now it's probably:

1. Andor
    2. Bad Batch (Season 2)
    3. Ahsoka

14. Biel Ductavis

Biel Ductavis Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2015
    1. Andor
    2. Mando Season 3
    3. A match between Ahsoka, The Acolyte and Bad Batch Season 2

15. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I’m super excited about Andor. And after that, I’m really looking forward to Andor. Next, if I have to choose, I would definitely say that I’m very interested in seeing what Andor has to offer.

16. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    1. Andor
    2. The Acolyte
    3. Mando season 3

17. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    So, I didn't vote for Kenobi since it already came out and is complete.

I went with:

1. Ahsoka
    2. Acolyte
    3. Andor

I didn't think I'd care much about Andor, but after seeing the trailer-now I can't wait! I'm also quite excited for the Acolyte, cos it will cover a time period and events I've always been very interested in.

I almost voted for Skeleton Crew, cos I have no idea what it's about-and it seems quite intriguing to me, and has the potential to be something great. I picture something similar to the sequence introducing Han and Chewie in TFA, involving the Guavian Death gang and rathtars, etc. That was one of my favorite parts of TFA.

18. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
    1. The Acolyte :redsaber:
    2. The Acolyte :redsaber::redsaber:
    3. The Acolyte :redsaber::redsaber::redsaber:
    Ok I’ll be serious.:D
    1. Andor: This show feels quite different from the regular Space-Opera fare and it’s refreshing. I would never want Star Wars to lose its goofy side for good, but the Disney+ shows are a good place for Lucasfilm to take risks with tone and genre, pushing the boundaries of what Star Wars can be (not one single Lightsaber in the entire show please). I think this series will be a litmus test as to weather a more grounded realistic take on this universe can work, besides I’m excited to see more space-politicking.
    2. The Acolyte: They’re finally giving me a show about the Sith[face_dancing], and it’s exciting to see the High Republic era in live-action! In addition to exploring an unfamiliar part of the timeline, I hoping for a decent helping of trippy force-visions and cursed artefacts. The co-creator of Russian Doll ought to be a good fit for the weirder side of Star Wars.
    3. Skeleton Crew: The idea of an eighties-style Amblin adventure set in space sounds fun. And, like Andor, this series could give us a fresh perspective on the Star Wars universe, with unfamiliar characters. Fingers crossed.

19. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Mando and Andor. Other announced stuff doesn't interest me.

20. Jolee Bindo

Jolee Bindo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2016
    Now that Kenobi has been and gone, I'm anticipating:

1. Andor - all the footage has looked amazing, great cast and crew and I really enjoy Cassian as a character
    2. The Acolyte - Russian Doll is absolutely brilliant so I have high hopes for what Leslye Headland can do with this. Also really excited to take a break from the time periods of the existing films, and hopefully get a really fresh aesthetic and take on the Star Wars universe
    3. Ahsoka - Only really because I love Rebels and I hope it gets a satisfying continuation and conclusion

21. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    OWK is over so now I'm going to update to

Andor
    Acolyte
    Mando 3

22. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I got to admit Andor is up there because its a whopping 12 episodes in the first season and by the time its done its going to tie in to Rogue One. That is my favorite Disney movie out of the 5. That movie along with Rebels tv series, and this series has the potential to really document the rebellion. I think it only make a New Hope even a better movie.

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  23. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Acolyte (been interested in this since it was first announced and reading the synopsis makes it even moreso)
    Ahsoka (a lot of potential to bring in several stories and also Thrawn)
    Skeleton Crew (read somewhere that it will be SW's answer to Stranger Things)
    But I am a LOT more excited about Andor after the trailers.

Nothing against Mando S3 either, but I feel like it's same ol' same ol'...time for something new.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2022
  24. Force Nexus

Force Nexus Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 22, 2022
    1. The Bad Batch S2
    2. Tales of the Jedi
    3. Mando S3, I guess. But only for Bo-Katan.

CampOfSorgan likes this.
  25. DannyD

Dec 16, 2017
    1) Andor 5
    2) Andor 6
    3) Andor 7

There's some other stuff on the horizon but right now, there is no horizon (beyond Andor). Good work Disney!