main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Torchwood] Jones, Ianto Jones -(Dear Diary Challenge 2009) ~ Update 22 May ~

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by mavjade , Jan 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    So he's a kind of tech support? Interesting, what he says about them barely knowing he's there.

Good entry, mav. :)

2. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Sorry it took me so long, work has been crazy! The other version still isn't up if you are following it on my LJ... I'm hoping to work on that tonight! :)

DeanBenjen42: So he's a kind of tech support? Interesting, what he says about them barely knowing he's there.
    Eh, he is kinda tech support... that is more Tosh the computer genius, but he will do a little of that. He pretty much does anything and everything except actually go out and capture aliens.
    At this point he wants to be invisible so they don't suspect him. Ianto is very good at being invisible.

Good entry, mav.
    Thanks Daena! [:D]

[i]26 June 2006 cont. [/i]

Harkness hadn't really given me much to do other than make coffee, so I decided to start cleaning up. There were pizza boxes stacked all over the place, some of them laid open with crust and dried sauce scraped in the bottom; who knows how long they had been there. There were cups from the local coffee shop that were growing something in them, I hope they weren't doing an experiment because I threw them away too.

I'm surprised they don't have pests, or at least some strange disease from all the mold. Disgusting is the only way to describe their hub.

After I had been working for about half a day scrubbing every surface down, Harkness yelled my name from his office. I almost took offense to being called like a dog but decided it wasn't the most important thing at the moment and let it go.

I stepped into his office with a smile on my face that I didn't really feel. He was looking at his computer screen looking very frustrated.

"Ianto, will you find file TW3-66542 for me?" he asked without even looking at me.

[i]Finally[/i], I thought, something more than cleaning up after a bunch of slobs. "I'd be glad to sir, except I do not know where your Archives are located."

Still very much distracted, he mumbled some directions that I hoped I would be able to follow.

I was glad for the freedom to look around and I found that their hub was [u]much[/u] bigger than it looked. There were countless hallways and stairwells going down who knows how far. I didn't take much time to look around because I didn't want to be gone too long, but I did find out that there would be plenty of space to hide Lisa. Now I only have to find a time when no one will notice.

I finally found the archives in the general direction of where Harkness told me I would find them. When I opened the door, I think my heart stopped, though I guess I shouldn't have been surprised giving the general state of the main work area.

Files were just stacked on top of filing cabinets, artifacts were haphazardly laying in the floor and on a few shelves. Drawers were bursting open from having too many things shoved in them. As I started to look through them it appeared that there had once been a system of organization but it had long since been abandoned.

I started looking for the file knowing it would take some time, trying not to think about the lack of organization, unknowingly mumbling to myself.

"Do you talk to yourself often?" a voice came from behind me making me jump.

"Only when I'm frustrated, sir" I answered honestly. "This place is... I don't even know what to say. How long has it been since someone has taken care of this place?"

Harkness got a far off look in his eyes as though he was trying to think of something that had occurred a long time ago. "At least 100 years, I think."

"Wow," I answered. "No wonder I can't find your file."

"It's alright, I don't need it anymore. At least not yet."

"And what about the next time you need a file? It can't stay this way."

He smiled at me, "We've been doing alright so far."

I tried not to but a little snort of laughter escaped. "Right."

"If your so worried about it, why don't you do it?"

It would take years to get all of this done but it would give me an excuse to be away from the rest of the team and a reason to be here after everyone else. It was just the opportunity I had been looking for. "Alright, I will."

"Good. Befo

3. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    "I don't know why you hired him, Jack, and I don't really care, but damn this is good coffee. Welcome aboard Tea-boy!"

That made me laugh! :D

And I loved your description of the hub, very good and very funny. :)

4. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Thanks! I've always wanted to explore when Owen started calling him that and felt like it could work here! I'm glad it made you laugh. I can't imagine how that Hub would look without Ianto... actually I don't want to imagine it at all! :p
    Thanks for reading moose!

[color=indigo][b]I'm not PMing for this entry since there will be another one in a few days (and this one is so short)... I don't want to spam everyone's PM boxes! I hope you enjoy! [/b][/color]

[i]27 June 2006[/i]

Today I began my work in the archives between making coffee and cleaning up after the team. After starting my work in the archives I realized they were in much worse shape than I originally thought. I'd be surprised if there ever was an actual system of organization.

I took most of the morning just to figure out where to start, of course it wouldn't take me so long if I were only concentrating on organizing. I find myself reading things about past missions, artifacts and species I've never heard of. At One I was only assigned a specific area and not a very interesting one at that. But here I have access to all kinds of information and I want to absorb every bit of it.

I was also began to note how the team operated when going out on missions. This time they left Tosh behind to coordinate but she told me that it didn't always work that way. I'm hoping to find a time in the near future to get them all to leave so I can get Lisa here. I don't know how much longer I can keep her alive in the cottage.

I've done some more research into medications and I think I've figured out a way to keep her mostly out of pain but lucid enough to talk to me. We have the meds I need here in the autopsy bay, I just hope Dr. Harper doesn't pay that much attention to how much medication he has left.

Perhaps I can start ordering the supplies and then no one will notice when extra things are ordered.

I plan on trying out the new medication tonight. I would love to be able to actually talk to her, even if it was only for a few moments. She probably knows more about what to do to help her, and who to contact to find information than I do.

5. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Okay, so I didn't post one as soon as I thought I would since Alexis was kind enough to give us a little room to fudge. Hopefully I'm back on track now and updates will be a little more frequent! :)

We're getting closer to the start of Series One! YAY! Then I have an excuse to watch them again and again! :) :p

[i] 30 June 2006[/i]

I started the new medication for Lisa and it seems to be working. She actually spoke to me for the first time today and I was so happy to hear her voice. I could tell she was still in pain but to hear her made me remember why I'm doing all of this.

She didn't stay awake too long, but that was fine with me, I didn't want her to suffer needlessly. I know it must scare her to be stuck in all of that metal, being in so much pain, but she is so strong and so courageous. She kept asking how I was doing.

Things at the Hub are going well, I've got Harkness right where I want him. I think he is starting to trust me, tell me things I don't think he tells the others because he knows I won't say a thing. This trust of course, works very much in my favor. If he trusts me to keep secrets then he probably trusts that I'm not keeping any, at least not from him. I tell him enough that he thinks I'm telling him things.

I've ended up staying at the Hub late the past few nights under the pretense of continuing my work in the archives. Harkness was there, hanging around most of them time saying the kinds of things he usually does about my suit or how he likes to watch when I work the coffee machine. I usually play right back, but I've had too much work to do --both what he's given me and my own agenda-- so I just roll my eyes, laugh a little and keep doing my work until he gets bored and leaves.

Once he does I've been prepping where I will bring Lisa. I know Toshiko has a program running on mainframe and she will notice when extra power is being diverted to a room that previously uses next to none.

Luckily, I'm better at computers than they know and I've pretty much struck a deal with mainframe. It's nice having sentient alien tech in your computer sometimes, especially when you are good with understanding others.

6. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Sorry I haven't commented, I've been kinda busy. It's good though. [:D]

7. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    I now actually know who Lisa is. :p

I've finally watched a few episodes so I'm not completely in the dark here.

Sorry I haven't been commenting lately.

But I liked this update.

=D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.