main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto *** Toronto Line Meet 'n Greet - Saturday, April 27th ***

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by TragicLad, Apr 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dain_Bramage

Dain_Bramage Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2002
    Hey folks,

I guess I'll be coming too but I'll have to jet around 9ish. Oh, for those who don't know me I'm relatively new and I've only been posting on the toy release threads.

Severe Dain Bramage

ps. Will anyone be holding a sign or something that us newbies can recognize the group? I don't think "just find the group of people by the sidewalk" would be a good idea as I tend to mistaken people and accidently join the Hare Krishna. *no disrespect to those in Hare Krishna religion*

2. Yavarice

Yavarice Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2000
    Hey guys. My last exam is this friday so I probably will show up as well.

You know depending on the number and age of any minors who come along, we could always wave around a hand in a jedi mind trick fashion to get into a firkin. ;)

3. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    You don't need to see their id.
    I don't need to see your ids.
    They can go about their business.
    You can go about your business.
    Here's their beers.
    Here's your beers.

Not sure how effective that will be. Oh well - pizza isn't too bad of an option to be stuck with, if you think about it. The Firkin would make for a lousy large group setting anyways. I want to be able to get to know all you people, not be shoved into the dark corner of a tavern with everyone seated wherever we can get a spot. At least if we can snatch up the Pizza Pizza party room, we've got the whole place to ourselves.

As for locating us - really, we are very easy to recognize in a crowd. I should be easy to spot as I'll be wearing a Star Wars related necktie.

I'm looking forward to meeting you all.

4. Pissenlit

Pissenlit Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 26, 2001
    Jacquie no make it...busy...poo:(

5. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
  6. Elewyn

Elewyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    Hiya!

i'm going to try to make it for the meet and greet, but i don't get off work until 6pm that day...argh so it may be a bit for me to get down there, so if someone walks in a bit late..thaty'll be me ! :) lol

7. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    no worries, I'm sure we'll be there quite late!

Hope to see ya then!

8. DARTH2-D2

DARTH2-D2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2002
    Tragiclad:" Now young padiwan be mindful of the force."

Darth2D2:" Yes Master but I have promised to be else where on the 27th at 9pm."

Tragiclad:" There will be plenty of time to meet and greet your fellow longliners, leave when you must, then flirt with the bar girls."

Darth2D2:" Thank you master, about the spiderman movie master."

Tragiclad:" What is it Darth2 ?"

Darth2D2:" I can not make it master. it is the way of work that I cannot attend."

Tragiclad:" Hmmm.... I feel a disturbance in the work.... You can say your sick, they will believe you, they can ground AST there for a few hours, Do them good..."

Darth2D2:" Wait a minute, Master Tragiclad would not say something like that..."

**Darth2D2 grabs Tragiclad's face and pulls, revealing Darth Sunder under a mask...***

Darth Sunder:" Well, I tried..."

Darth2D2:" I should have known, only an ex Intercon employee would talk like that.."

9. Darth_Sunder

Darth_Sunder Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 23, 2001
    Are you implying that I would seek to impersonate Rob so I could lure you to the meet and greet!?

Why that's proposterous!

I'm simply watching your career with great interest...

:p

10. Jedi_Kat

Jedi_Kat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 6, 2002
    "I'm with you too!"

*insert much surprised and pleased looks here - maybe a twin sister running to hug me*

Yeah...I'll let you know for sure if I'll be there...who knows when I'm working...I don't. One of the blahs when you just get a job and are on your way to figure out your schedule TODAY! WOO!

11. DARTH2-D2

Feb 9, 2002
    Imply nothing hmmmm....

Only do hmmm....

There will be another.....

12. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    ah, but money comes from job. Job pay for dinner. job=money=good.

I need a job right this second. ack!

13. JBFett

JBFett Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Hey there guys,
    first time posting in the toronto section, i am usually in AOTC.

just a general ?....how many of you are going to paramount....I am scared.

14. Darth_Sunder

Darth_Sunder Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 23, 2001
    Scared?

You have nothing to fear from a group of comparitive strangers obsessed with a sci-fi fantasy.

If you feel the need to take off your training wheels go to a trek convention...

Then you'll see were all perfectly harmless...

*Inncoent look*

15. GonkDroid

GonkDroid Jedi Youngling

Oct 28, 2001

Heyyy Darth2 that's a cool trick! *goes up to Tragic . . . grabs Tragiclad's face and pulls, and it's Dar - -- Oh. Er, it's Tragic. Er, sorry about the nose. Don't worry, it'll grow back.

I too am able to make it to the meet n greet on the 27th. But... I have a meeting with my Writing Workshop that afternoon, till maybe 6pm, so I'd have to probably phone Poobah on his cell, and get t - -

Uhhh, he's got some Chemistry thing, what, an Exam or some such nonsense.

Phahh. Poobah.

(all his life has he LOOKED AWAY.... to the Physics, to the Calculus... never his mind on MEET AND GREET, hmm? What we are ordering...)

Gee, it'd be reassuring if I could PHONE one of you to find out where you went from the food court.

(Lelila, I'm looking in your direction....)

16. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    Oh..where we go from the food court? I'm not sure, I think we'll be there for a while - I don't have a cell phone though :( Too tired to say anything productive. Can't wait to see you all! There, that did it!

17. Mori_Fett

Mori_Fett Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2001
    I have a cell phone....productive yes?

18. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    We've booked the party room at the Pizza Pizza. Maybe as the night progresses, we'll want to move on to another locale. But for now, it serves as a quiet place where we can chat with one another in relative comfort.

Remember - we're meeting at the sidewalk entrance to the theatre. 5:00pm. Looking forward to meeting all the new people and hanging out with my old friends.

19. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Gonk:
    Uhhh, he's got some Chemistry thing, what, an Exam or some such nonsense.
    Phahh. Poobah.
    (all his life has he LOOKED AWAY.... to the Physics, to the Calculus... never his mind on MEET AND GREET, hmm? What we are ordering...)

Gonk! Chemistry!?! Don't insult me. I'm a Computer-Math student, no chem for me. (Sorry Deb) And actually I've been spending more time working on stuff for the web site that I have spent studying Calculus... so my mind is in the right place dammit, even if my body won't be on Saturday.

As for ordering, if anyone needs a hand, feel free to call me at (613) 730-1219... My exam is until 6 or 7, but I should be in after that -- If not I'll probably have my cell on.
    -----
    PS, Did you deliberately pick the two subjects I had mentioned would be my lowest marks this semester -- Physics and Calculus?

20. DARTH2-D2

Feb 9, 2002
    Talking about marks, I just my results back from my tag & tow test, got 95%,(I think this is the highest test score outside of art, I have ever gotten) Im now certfied to tag yesss.... be afraid, be very afraid, well just dont park in my parking lot lol.... need sleep, night all

21. Darth_Digital

Darth_Digital Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2001
    Not bad Dan!

I remember when I took that test two years ago. I got 92% and I racked my brains for that.

Well done.

Lori Young would be proud...

:p

22. Duker_Duck

Duker_Duck Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2001
    hey Mori,
    that cellphonme ain't much use when ti seems to always be off and lacks voice mail.

23. THEREALSHMII

THEREALSHMII Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    *chuckle* Maybe you could yell really loud and hope he hears you??

See you all there.

24. mirasolo

mirasolo Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2002
    does everyone know everyone else? have most of you seen each other? Or have you guys posted up pics so you knew what each other would look like when you met?

25. Duker_Duck

Duker_Duck Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2001
    Does everyone know everyone else?

You could say that, although in truth I don't quite know everyone else that well and jsut hang aroudn with them because they make me feel that much sainer with all those thoughts fo death and destruction in my head.

have most of you seen each other?

Yes we have, I in fact am one of the few (if not the only) to join in the RW before posting on the boards.

Or have you guys posted up pics so you knew what each other would look like when you met?

I personally haven't, can't say about everyone else. but you can't really miss a miscreant hanging around in one spot. unfortunately it'll be harder now since we won't likely be meeting in parking lots.

Thank you for asking your fine questions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.