main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MN Toy collectors!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Doright, Nov 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Riibu

Jedi_Riibu Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    You are never not in trouble over toys.. so why not? :p

They were actually marked to $11.57 here. Oddness.

2. REBADAMS7

REBADAMS7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2001
    Heck! I might have to get one at that price!
    Here is my brother's collection for sale on Ebay - including the rare blue Sanggletooth!
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3168888315&category=50281
    Hmmm
    Reb

3. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    I really don't have room for it anyway. :p

I had to do some re-arranging to find a place for my Hoth Luke hanging in the Wampa Cave! :D

On that subject.... That hunk of meat the Wampa comes with is rather gross. :p

Isn't it suppose to be Luke's Taun Taun he's eating? We see up close and personal the inside of a Taun Taun and it ain?t red. So why the big hunk of red meat with the Wampa and the red blood on the furr?

4. Minnesota_Jones

Minnesota_Jones Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2002
    I picked up the first 4 Cartoon Clone Wars figures yesterday at Target Greatland at Northtown. They only have a few Aijiy (spelling?) and Obi's left. I grabbed their last Anikin. Any idea when the next 4 cartoon figures will be out?

5. REBADAMS7

Feb 5, 2001
    I found a few at Supertarget at 494 and 9 (Plymouth - Rockford Road) I took the last Asajj Ventress - there were still a few Obi and ANakin's
    Reb

6. Siths_Herald

Siths_Herald Minnesota CR, MNFF Co-Leader star 2

Jan 5, 2004
    Maybe the guts are a different color than the rest of it? Or maybe Luke?s Taun Taun is more patriotic that Han?s (red blooded Hothan???)? That was bad. Sorry.

Is the R-3PO a completely new figure or is it another remold of an old C-3PO that I?m missing? The arms have a lot more detail than I?ve seen before.

7. Siths_Herald

Jan 5, 2004
    For anyone that is intersted, www.sirstevesguide.com has pictures of the newest wave Hasbro has announced (the Hasbro site also has these), including Generals Calrissian and Madine, and ATST Han. The lando appears to leaps and bounds above the He-Man Lando from a couple years ago. I've been waiting a long time for Madine (I have no idea why) but I'll be glad to pick it up.

They don't come out until late spring so maybe Doug's toy ban will be finished by then...

My wife gives me those looks too. I feel your pain. Fortunately she spends the pretty penny on scrapbooking so I have something to return fire with.

8. Wattoman70

Wattoman70 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2003
    For those of you who still DO collect, a quick report.
    The past week I've been all over the south metro and it's been quiet. Most of the Targets (Southdale, Southtown, B'ville, A.V., Eagan, Lakeville) all have the 1st wave of Clone Wars figures (Obi, Ani, Mace and Asajj). In fact, they are starting to thin out, so if you don't have the ones you want, you should go out soon and get them. These shouldn't be hard to find since they are starting to warm the pegs. The Ultra figs are hanging around too, except the Wampa is a little harder to find than the other two. It also looks like they cleared out their basic figs during the clearance sales. The only place I've seen them is at the Lakeville store, but the only newer fig there was a couple of Ach-Meds.

I was at TRU in Bloomington today and noticed that they were doing inventory. I'm not sure if that is the same with other TRU stores, so maybe they will start getting new merch in soon.

Walmarts around here have been dead as well. :(

Oh well, it allows time for the ol' wallet to take a breather for a bit. ;)

Happy hunting and M.T.F.B.W.Y.

9. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    For those of you who still DO collect

Owch. That hurt. :p

LOL. Yea a new General Lando and a Madine would be cool but I'll have to pass if they come out any time soon. I can always put them on my Birthday list. ;)

10. Wattoman70

Apr 30, 2003
    Ha-ha, sorry man. I didn't intend it to be mean. Just wanted to give heads up to the last of a dying breed.
    Maybe if I keep giving reports, you may be tempted to the Dark Side every once in awhile. >insert sinister laugh here.< >:)

I know how you feel though. "Wifey-poo" doesn't exactly jump up for joy when I buy something new. Maybe if I just post something like "I found new figs, PM me if you want to know where.", that might be a little easier on those who are trying to stay away.

Once again, sorry for any misunderstanding.

11. REBADAMS7

Feb 5, 2001
    So I consider myself lucky - so far so good as I fill my basement wall
    Reb

12. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    Dude. I was just being goofy. Please post your finds. I'm just taking time and a few waves off. I'll come back for Episode 3 and maybe for a figure or two before then. :)

So if Hasbro ever get's around to making a Jaina and Jacen Figure... hint hint hasbro. ;)

13. Siths_Herald

Jan 5, 2004
    Please tell me I'm not the only one who's done this. Last night I'm looking for something in the desk next to the coveted collection shelves. I bump the shelves and 200+ little plastic people fall over. Talk about frusterating. Oh well. Now I have a project for next week.

Anyway, Can anyone tell me the best way to get an Ephant Mon? I have never seen one in a store and really haven't done that much online shopping. are there any toy sites that would have him or is it going to be a lucky find on ebay? Thanks.

14. Wattoman70

Apr 30, 2003
    Your best bet to prevent your little buddies from doing the domino effect on you again would be to purchase figure stands. Realstands.com has them for both the vintage line and the newer versions. The vintage figs have smaller pegholes on their feet. I also purchased some from Wizards of the Coast when they were running the main shopping site. Another cool thing is the Ultarama displays, which I also have. Those will help keep them standing, although none of these are 100% fool-proof since some figures are in such precarious stances.

As for Ephant Mon, that I cannot help you with that since I was DARN LUCKY to find ONE at a local Target about a year ago. Never seen one since except at the FallCon last October. I'm not too familiar with some of the online sites, but I wish you the best of luck. It is definately a very cool figure to have.

15. REBADAMS7

Feb 5, 2001
    This is why many of my figures are on display in the box - not that they don't come out ....
    from time to time - PS I have seen folks use the sticky clay like you can use to put posters on the wall to hold up their figures - that tip came from California (Earthquake land)
    Reb

16. Siths_Herald

Jan 5, 2004
    Thanks for the tips. I have some stands but not nearly enough. I found out the clay works best on figures that don't have a lot of weight to them like pit droids.

It's my own fault for not taking the precautions on the front end. Now I have an excuse to rearrange everything anyway.

17. Wattoman70

Apr 30, 2003
    If you plan to use clay, I would be carfeul of what kind you use. I used clay on my vintage figures back when I was a kid and it tends to get stuck in the pegholes. A few years ago when I decided to display my vintage figs, I had to take an exacto-blade and scrape out 20 years of clay residue to get stands on them to fit. I don't know what kinds of clays there are out there, but I would check around.

Good luck! :)

18. REBADAMS7

Feb 5, 2001
    Wow
    Just one Orn-Free Taa at SuperT at 494 and 9
    The rest were all Clone War Cartoon figures!
    Reb

19. QuiGonnJenn

QuiGonnJenn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2002
    I was at the Target in Downtown Minneapolis Saturday and there were no regular figures on the shelves, only Clone wars cartoon figs, and mighty few at that. I've decided not to collect those.

20. Siths_Herald

Jan 5, 2004
    I stopped the Ridgedale Target this afternoon. They had a few figures from the last few months including Aayla, Bariss, Yada & Chian, the other younglings and a few more. I picked up a Bariss to replace the one that I broke the head off of. (Note: the cape was not designed to come of apparently!?)

Anyhoo, the peg said $4.99. When I paid for it it rang up as $1.18. I don't know if this was a fluke or if the pegs read wrong but prices like these are a customizer's dream. Are any other Targets doing this?

21. Wattoman70

Apr 30, 2003
    Yes, all of the Targets that I have been to have clearanced their blue cardback Saga figs, price ranging anywhere from $1+ to $3+. I have seen this reported and many collector forums as well. I'm sure that they are trying to get rid of all of their 2003 stock and make way for 2004 figures.

22. Siths_Herald

Jan 5, 2004
    Hey all,

I just saw that www.hasbro.com has pictures of the new Ewok glider ultra figure that is coming out late spring with the rest of the Endor wave. Looks MUCH better than the glider that came in the little globe thingy.

23. Starphyre

Starphyre Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 16, 2002
    I went to TRU and they had the 12" Luke on Taun-Taun for only $30. There were still quite a few of them left, if anyone's interested.

24. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    AWWWWWW. :mad: Man that SUCKS. :_|

That would fit rate in with my hoth fetish too. :(

25. mirax80

mirax80 Retired Midwest RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Dude, I don't want to know about your fetishes! :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.