main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lightsabers & Blasters toy sabers

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Jack_Pledian, May 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack_Pledian

Jack_Pledian Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2005
    it sux.... the hilt doesnt even look like Mac Windu's... the blade is purple and so they package it as the Mace Windu saber thinking people won't notice. as for quality in dueling and glowing effect... i dont know.

2. Koza_Toragh

Koza_Toragh Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2004
    actually, he did have that one, just not in ep 2 and 3. They already had made that model, so it's cheaper ro just keep on making that one. it sucks, but that's how it is.

3. JediMasterJoeV

JediMasterJoeV Jedi Youngling

Jun 9, 2005
    Those lighsaber parts, are they made of metal?

4. Koza_Toragh

Koza_Toragh Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2004
    Only the screws and electronics. Everything else will most likely be plastic. Maybe hard plastic, but plastic none the less. It would be more expensive if they were metal. More like $80-$100 instead of $40.

5. Ob-wan-shawa

Ob-wan-shawa Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    I was soooo stupid, I bought the Ani one that changes colors. It sucks sooo much. I hate it I'm trading it with my neohew for a Obi-wan one that dosn't light up make noise or anything. Just a regular one. Though I am liking the looks of the build your own episode 3 one. Though I'm confused it 's a hilt with extra parts (the ones you don't use) and what about a blade??

6. DarkJedi059

DarkJedi059 Jedi Youngling

May 12, 2005
    They sell those paper yo yo's at www.hollywood-costumes.com

7. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    It's a base hilt that can be broken down by sections and interchanged with the different parts provided. This way you can customize the look of your hilt and be totally different from the standard character versions. As for the blade the kit comes with two different blades, a red one and a clear one (you insert a blue, green, or purple color screen over the light to provide the color of your choice).

8. Ob-wan-shawa

Mar 10, 2005
    Where do you get the screens?

9. Tramp

Tramp Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    They come as part of the kit. It also includes three crystals, though where they go I'm not entirely sure. I think they fit into the blade though.

10. Ob-wan-shawa

Mar 10, 2005
    Very cool I'm really considering getting if anyonme that has it could pm me about it so I could consider more thanks.

11. Tramp

Tramp Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    Nobody has it yet. It isn't out yet. It won't be until at least 20 JUL

12. Darth_Iren

Darth_Iren Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2005
    I was just wondering if anyone has picked up the Rubies Darth Vader light-up saber. THe one that comes with the "ROleplaying Kit" or is sold alone. I would jus like to know if anyone has dueled with it. I already own it, but I'm very wary of using it. The blade plastic looks to be paper thin and my blade is already rather curved. I did some very light dueling with it out of the box in my mall parking lot with the KB Toys "Space Sword". OT: Those space swords are kinda neat, they come in red, blue, and green. The light up and have sound, but you have to hold in the switch if you want it to be continuous. The even have a double bladed one.

13. grumpydevil

grumpydevil Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 1, 2005
    I have the Vader saber from Rubies. I agree, the blade itself wouldn't withstand a beating. I think they did a good job with the likeness though. And the light is very bright (much more so than I thought it would be).

-Kyle

14. NobbyTheAxe

NobbyTheAxe Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2005
    http://cgi.ebay.com/STAR-WARS-ROTS-ULTIMATE-LIGHTSABER-STARWARS-LIGHT-SABER_W0QQitemZ6014419216QQcategoryZ93842QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

15. Sister_Sola

Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2002
    Unlocked and bumping for recent query.

16. FETT-MAN

FETT-MAN Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2005
    I have a question, that may have already been answered, but I've seen prop sabers that had like a clear, colored blade. For example, the Rubies Yoda life-sized statue. It comes with the saber, but I've seen a green (looks like plastic) stick poking out. My question is, what is it made out of (plastic, poly-whatever) and where can you get it? Also, can you duel with it? And I know I'm getting a little pesky here, but could you light it up from the inside?

17. xwingband

xwingband Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 25, 2001
    Seem like it'd probably be an acrylic rod. They aren't particularly duelable. They can stand up to light stuff, but you go all out... no way. They come in quite a few colors. You've probably seen them at RandomSabers.

Any decent plastics dealer could probably get them but people that deal with sabers typically do a lot of work for you. They round the tip and polish the blade to a gloss. You could light one up by putting a LED at the base but it's not terribly impressive, especially for solid rods.

18. FETT-MAN

Nov 21, 2005
    Thanx. I wasn't really planning on dueling with it, but I wanted to know anyways. Also, I'm not really concerned with how bright it is, but it's for a friend and I'm going to have an FX saber. I didn't want him to be left out in the dust. (Too bad MR doesn't make a Palpatine). So the best place to check is RandomSabers?

19. xwingband

Aug 25, 2001
    Random and http://www.romansempireproductions.com/ has some. I think Random's is nicer based on pics.

20. FETT-MAN

Nov 21, 2005
    Thanx, but I'm still looking for some other blade alternatives as well. I'd like to somehow light it up, so I was thinking of getting a clear blade and filling it with LED's and a diffuser, but I don't know if a 7.5 hilt is long enough to hold the batteries for something like that. Are those acrylic blades hollow?

21. xwingband

Aug 25, 2001
    Those are solid. I don't know any saber people that make hollow ones, but plastic dealers would be able to get the right stuff. There is a hollow one up on ebay by the member Do-Clo that has a hollow acrylic tube and UV leds.

If your goal is a lightup blade then you should read the many threads on that. LED Q&A, JLo's EL thread, The LED sequence one... all depends on what you want. All could fit in a 7" hilt in just the basic form. If you want to add sound it'd get more complicated with space.

22. FETT-MAN

Nov 21, 2005
    Okay. But wow, those things are so long... and if I ask something that's already been answered I get responses like "That's already been mentioned, go look it up!" But like there's nearly 800 pages to go through... *pant*.

23. xwingband

Aug 25, 2001
    It's the nature of the beast... Just keep your fingers of the post button until you've read it all.:p

If you want a good visual guide the tutorials in the forums at www.thecustomsabershop.com would probably get you an idea faster than reading the whole of the LED or EL thread. The LED sequence thread is pretty short and the instructables link is pretty good if you decide to go that route.

24. FETT-MAN

Nov 21, 2005
    Okay, also I looked all over ebay last night and couldn't find do-clo's auction.

25. xwingband

Aug 25, 2001
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Custom-Green-Led-Lightsaber-Star-Wars-Inspired_W0QQitemZ6632118389QQcategoryZ99971QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Still going... that what a lightsaber looks like using a colored acrylic tube. He's using 4 UV LEDs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.