main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Overwatch

Discussion in 'Community' started by Boba_Fett_2001 , Nov 10, 2014.

1. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    When I play as Reinhardt with a Bastion, I feel like an enabler when I take post with my shield in front of him. Like I don't want to do this but, I have to do this.

I played one game as Torbröjn my soul felt dirty. I feel sort of like a man enabling my friends to commit war crimes or something. Fortunately the last map I played where I had to shield a Bastion, we lost, and you know what, I was ok with that.

2. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
  3. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I'd wanna see an all-female character team.

4. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Seriously, just 1 Pharah could stop that all-Reindhart group.

5. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Tracer and Widowmaker are great too. I still have a particular soft spot for Mercy. Even though she's not meant for offense, her healing abilities could mean the difference between life and death for most characters on the team.

6. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009

Reindhart is pretty good against Pharah I find. Now a well placed rip-tire from Junkrat? That would be something to see...

7. ewookie7

ewookie7 Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2016
    I'll be getting this game next week once payday comes in :D

Am pretty excited to play Symetra but I heard she is very conditional.

8. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    Oh dear lord this week's Heroic game mode is all kinds of chaos. You don't get to pick who you play as, the game selects at random for you.

I've already had one match where the game pitted me and my team against 4 bastions.

9. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

I remember when I played the Beta there was a mode like that. I didn't particularly like it either.

10. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009

I'm actually really digging it, but then I'm a masochist that likes having to scramble for any advantage I can find. :p

11. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

I guess the best argument for the mode is that it forces even casual players to get a feel for each character.

12. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    Yes, this. It was my favorite way to play in Beta and it allowed me to get good with a few characters that I otherwise wouldn't play. Zarya is one of my favorites now because this mode forced me to play as her a few times.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  13. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Chewgumma likes this.
  14. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009

I lost it at MLJesus.

Boba_Fett_2001 likes this.
  15. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    Anyone playing Competitive? It's far from perfect but I love how intense it can be, especially on king of the hill maps.

Chewgumma likes this.
  16. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    I can't tell you how much I love competitive. It really helps the game to be grouped with people at a similar skill level. I haven't run into too many toxic players myself either, though I know a lot of people have had much worse luck on that front.

I'm sure they'll work out the kinks for season 2, the base system is fantastic though.

17. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    I've been digging competitive but it is still a struggle when queuing solo. For every game with a solid team with people who communicate, it seems like I play 3 or 4 completely silent games where people refuse to make balanced teams. Last night I played a competitive game with 3 Reapers, another with 3 tanks and literally no offense, and a third where only me and one other guy were the only ones to even attempt to play the objective. I have 4 friends who play and when we're all on at once it is the best but we all have different schedules so it doesn't happen often.

18. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    NEW HERO

Looks like she's Pharah's mom!

19. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    I love that she's a Sniper and a Healer. The most overplayed archetype meets the least!

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  20. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    It's amazing how the console version had something like 2-3 Ana players per team this week...and then they all realized she's support first, sniper second, and lost interest, allowing me to really do something useful when I play as her.

Handmaiden Yané likes this.
  21. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009

Everyone will soon understand.

Ana is best waifu.

22. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    Just a quick reminder that season 1 of competitive play ends on Wednesday 17th. If you want to grind some levels you got to get in there fast!

23. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    Just started playing with my friends on PS4 and I enjoy playing as Tracer the most.

24. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
  25. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009

I've said it before, but it's worth repeating, Blizzard should just make an Overwatch movie. Through beautiful animation and a wonderful score Bastion has gone from the salt powered robot to the misunderstood PTSD victim we all just want to hug.