main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Senate Trafficking, missing persons, kidnapping: Currently The Mollie Tibbetts case

Discussion in 'Community' started by AutumnLight91, Aug 6, 2018.

1. AutumnLight91

AutumnLight91 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2018
    So here in America in the state of Iowa a college girl named Mollie Tibbetts has gone missing. Third week now they've been looking for her. Seemingly Iowa has many more missing in similar cases. The only breakthrough is a body found by its unrelated to the case. A suspicious SUV was spotted the night she disappeared so the authorities have that info.

I really hope they find her. Her family believes she is still alive and is being held captive. I remember the case several years ago of the three girls who went missing for nine years only to finally get free after one escaped. Horrible, horrible scenario. Real life horror what happened. I'm hoping it's not that with this.

A couple years back when I still was working at Walgreens a person went missing. I remember the frantic search for her, the family leaving flyers everywhere. I've had so many customers that unless I saw you everyday I couldn't say she came in or not but very likely as she lived near by. Unfortunately, it did not end up well.

The whole missing person thing irks me to no end. Trafficking is a huge problem, especially at the border where people are taking advantage or using the advantage of the illegal immigrants coming over. I've read several horror stories about what's happened to some of these people. It's good they get out like a girl who got saved by a postal worker recently, but many who go missing are never heard from again and the story stays heartbroken because the family always has a hope they're alive but with no work it gives a far more aching pain than if you knew they were just dead.

I hate trafficking, I hate kidnapping, I hate it all. I really hope they find her and everyone else. Enough is enough.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
  2. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    [​IMG]

Ender Sai and tom like this.
  3. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Yeah, well...if there were a good way of stopping human trafficking, it would have been done a long time ago.

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I donate to Amnesty International; they’re building a shelter here for children who have been kidnapped for trafficking and rescued.

MrZAP, Ghost, Rew and 1 other person like this.
  5. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Before I retired, the Air Force required training in an online course to spot the signs of human trafficking. Mostly, it was about recognizing how girls tend to behave when they've been sold into prostitution. IIRC, that course was required annually. That stuff is as scary as it is depressing.

6. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Yeah, it really is despicable... and it's not just the odd case, it's happening to tens of thousands and it seems to be organized in many cases. It's more than just kidnapping, it's Slavery.

Sarge and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  7. Ava G.

Ava G. Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2016
  8. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    There was a post on Reddit last month where this woman was talking about how she was nearly kidnapped presumably for trafficking purposes. Literally snatchedon the street just yards away from her friends. Had it not been for her leg in the car door and her friends' quick actions who knows what would have happened?

Ghost, Rew, MrZAP and 3 others like this.
  9. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Here in the UK we get girls from India/Pakistan who are taken home to be married during the summer when schools are out. They are being told if they think they are at risk to hide a spoon in their underwear. When they go through security at the airport it will set off the metal detector and they can then confide with security staff when they are taken aside.

https://www.transportsecurityworld....could-help-stop-human-trafficking-at-airports

Rew, Sarge and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  10. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I tried that. Unfortunately it was a wooden spoon.

11. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Oh good. Snarky thread crossover. :rolleyes:

Diggy likes this.
  12. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Man charged with murder in Mollie Tibbetts' death is in US illegally
    [​IMG]

13. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner