main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Trailer shots not in the film

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by DarthPhilosopher, Dec 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Random_Nerfherder

Random_Nerfherder Jedi Master

Nov 13, 2001
    Having been to see it a second time, I'm sure you see him in the knights of Ren flashback as the last character they cut down. Very brief and not entirely clear but looked like a character wearing the same headgear. Could be wrong as its so brief.

Flaar_Fyre and T-R- like this.
  2. Palpsy

Palpsy Jedi Youngling

Oct 30, 2015
    So gutted these shots never made it. Makes you wonder why! :confused:

3. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    it was Leia in the trailer:

[​IMG]

additionally, Maz never handed the sabre to Rey in the movie, she gave it to Finn

4. treeroy

treeroy Jedi Padawan

Jun 22, 2013
    hm, I remember being in the cinema watching the film and thinking, "that's the shot from the trailer". i'm confident she gave it to Rey, and Rey then refused to take it. idk. i am probably misremembering it, it's been a few days since the movie and I can't keep up lol. :)

T-R- likes this.
  5. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
    Maz only hands the lightsaber to Finn in the movie. She holds Rey's hand in the lower level of her castle but never hands the lightsaber to Rey. Rey only receives the saber by using the Force.

Eternal_Jedi and T-R- like this.
  6. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    So it seems like they cut out a scene of Maz at the Resistance base? Maybe it would have gone farther to explaining why they sent Rey to find Luke when it was originally Poe's mission and Leia seems the more logical choice to go with Chewie and R2?

7. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    I did notice that. I think Rey's vision is stuff that will happen in the future, so maybe it is him.

8. DarthPoojaNaberrie

DarthPoojaNaberrie Jedi Master star 5

Jun 21, 2005
    So was this trailer shot just blatant, intentional misleading of the audience?

9. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    More like things that were scrapped in editing.

10. General_Cartman_Lee

General_Cartman_Lee Jedi Master star 2

Oct 30, 2004
    I don't recall hearing an imperial droid when Finn crash lands, like we heard in the trailer.

11. Carrie Walsh

Carrie Walsh Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 13, 2014
    There was a shot in the last trailer that looked like Poe and Finn had some kind of conflict going on, so I was surprised to see how well they actually got along.

12. Dak Oolron

Dak Oolron Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 24, 2014
  13. Hoth Chocolate

Hoth Chocolate Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 21, 2015
    The first shot we ever saw of Kylo walking through the snowy forest and igniting his saber was changed a bit and that was disappointing. In the movie we hear him ignite it and the camera keeps panning back until we see him standing there with it. Other subtle changes like that, ledzepfilm noted most of them but that Kylo shot stood out the most for me.

14. dan1210

dan1210 Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 27, 2015
    yeah it was quite disappointing that didnt make it in, that shot from the teaser looked incredible.

15. CheelBackFromTheDead

CheelBackFromTheDead Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 4, 2012
    More shots that aren't in the movie : stormtrooper and blaster shots in teaser 1, as well as the stormtrooper cargo door seen opening from inside.

Some missing shots seem like they absolutely couldn't fit in the story (Rey looking in a hurry on her speeder, Leia/Maz/lightsaber shot). Really interesting !

16. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    No. The shot in the trailer is at the Resistance Base, and the hand receiving it is Leia's.

17. DML3

DML3 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 18, 2015
    Wasnt there a point in the original trailer when Luke was speaking and said his sister has it, his father had and you have it too? Why wasnt that in the movie?

18. ledzepfilm

ledzepfilm Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 30, 2015
    Oh, all of the Stormtrooper shots from teaser 1 were cut.

DML3 - because they were lines taken from ROTJ.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.