main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Training Leia over Luke?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Darkside Floyd, Jul 10, 2020.

1. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    I think they meant Owen.

R3belTech likes this.
  2. R3belTech

R3belTech Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2020
    Woops!

I meant: "but Owen brings the parts back to Obi Wan," my bad!

3. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    My take is Obi-Wan and Owen have a frosty relationship at best, steadily becoming worse as he learns more and more about the fate of his step-brother. But Beru is more empathetic, showing Obi-Wan kindness, only this infuriates Owen even more. They read Obi-Wan's feelings of guilt at failing Anakin differently, Owen feels contempt whilst Beru feels pity and put's Luke before anything else.

The thing you mustn't ever forget is both Owen and Beru love Luke as if he was their own son, just because Owen is prickly with Luke it doesn't mean he sees him as a farmhand.

4. Lobey-One Kenobi

Lobey-One Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2009
    I hadn't thought of any of this, Obi-Wan going to the homestead to try and train Luke but being turned away. Makes a lot of sense when you consider the way Owen and Obi-Wan talk about each other.

I'd also love to see this explored in the Kenobi series. I'm hoping the series details the start to the end of Kenobi's time on Tatooine, and we only see that type of interaction a few times just now and again.

"Ready for me to train Luke yet? No? Alright, see you for next season's cameo"