main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Traitors and Trades (Jacen/Tenel Ka)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by SiouxFan, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Great chapter, nice to see Jacen teaching Allana. :)

2. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    It's a shame we only got a few glimpses of Jacen as a father.

SiouxFan and Khalia Octa like this.
  3. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    Really enjoying this. I'll admit a kind of morbid interest in the fallout of this situation with regards to certain reputed heroes of the galaxy... :p

SiouxFan likes this.
  4. SiouxFan

SiouxFan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 6, 2012
    Thanks! This scene was actually the third one I wrote for this story, (I write in a total non-linear fashion) and it was a total blast to write. I based it on a scene where Vergere is being imprisoned by NRI and she challenges Luke to 'find' her in the Force. As I recall, she talked about making her presence 'small', so I ran with that. The bits of FotJ I've read have Allana with this connection to animals, so obviously she learned something from her father.
    To me, it was always implied that Leia had a really good relationship with Jacen.. Her son is not too far gone by this point in LotF, and I think she would have been devastated had he died early on.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
  5. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    Sorry, I couldn't figure out a way to quote from two different pages! Anyway, I would have loved to see Jacen and Allana as father and daughter! Seriously, they would have driven Tenel Ka, the Palace Guard, Jaina, Han, and Leia absolutely bonkers with keeping animals and futzing around the gardens.
    Thanks! I have to admit that there isn't a whole lot of fallout in this story. I had outlined scenes with the other Jedi, but it was turning into a retelling of 'Quest', so I dropped the idea.

Thanks everyone for reading and commenting on my silly story!

Khalia Octa likes this.
  6. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    Chapter 14

Magna Keto Hospital, Chume’dan, Hapes—

As he boarded the hospital turbolift with his requisite member of the Palace Guard, Isolder was once again facing the conundrum of what to do about Jason Naberre. He liked the young man, but doubted that he was up for the rigors of dealing with the Hapan press and nobility. The former was firm, but fair; the latter conniving and mean-spirited. As much as Isolder hated the idea, it might be best for this to be Allana’s last visit.

With a resigned sigh, he stepped off of the lift and started down the hall to deliver the bad news to his granddaughter. Five meters down the hall, Captain Aamodt came to her feet behind the small desk stationed as an improvised ‘guard mount’.

“Your Majesty,” Captain Aamodt said, nodding at an adjacent empty room, “might I have a word?”

Isolder was a bit perplexed by the need for privacy; all of the Palace Guard had the highest security clearance, and Kjietelle knew that the hospital was NOT the place to discuss classified material. Even in an empty room. And, this being Hapes, maybe especially in an empty room.

“Certainly.” He replied, taking a quick step towards the room she had indicated, noticing that she had grabbed the Visitor’s Log off of the desk as she followed. Once she had closed the door behind her, he gave a resigned sigh, knowing her reason for calling him in here. Chum’dan Police were the only other visitors that had been to the hospital to see Jason, each time for over an hour. After four different, and rather thorough visits, it was clear to Isolder that Jason’s story had remained fairly constant.

Confused as to why they’d be interrogating Jason again, “I thought the polis had agreed not to interview him with Allana present.”

Kjietelle shook her head and simply pointed at the most recent entry. Slightly irritated by her lack of answer, Isolder looked down and his eyes opened in surprise. On the page, there were two entries on the top line. One, in the recognizable precise printing of Captain Aamodt read, Leia Organa. Next to it was the neat, but slightly cramped, signature of the former Republic Chief of State.

“You’re kidding.” Isolder asked in a whisper, more as a way to give him time to puzzle out why Leia would be in a hospital room here on Hapes and not at her son’s funeral.

“I wouldn’t joke about this.”

Suddenly, everything clicked. It was not Kjietelle’s answer, but her tone--the knowing, not-as-professional-as-it-should-be, almost sisterly tone that made it click. Thinking back, Isolder remembered the way his daughter’s demeanor seemed just a tad brighter, even after the news from Coruscant had broken, the way Allana seemed to be a bit bouncier, the slightly smug look Kjietelle had whenever Allana or Tenel Ka visited, and the fact that only Captain Aamodt worked the day shift at the hospital. Isolder doubted that anyone else had noticed these small details, but he had spent a lifetime in the Royal Palace where reading nuance was a fact of life. Jacen Solo was alive and well and undergoing treatment as Jason Naberre.

Exhaling a long breath, he gave Kjietelle a sideways look, “Explains quite a bit, doesn’t it?”

She offered a small smile, “It does.”

“It also raises problems.” Isolder stated, more to himself, as he turned and walked over to the windows trying to decide where to go from here. While he did not mind the sleight of hand per se, it did awfully short-sighted. The more he thought about it, the more frustrated he became – once again, Jacen Solo was going to be the cause of a great deal of pain and suffering for his daughter. The Queen had to know that once the truth was uncovered, the fall-out over this stunt would be massive. Leaning his head against the transparisteel, Isolder sighed angrily as he tried to think of a way out of this situation that would not end in disaster.

Isolder stared sightlessly out the window at the Chume’dan city-scape below him, stewing at his daughter’s seeming inability to think rationally when around one Jacen Solo. Suddenly, he raised his head with a start. When was the last time his daughter had acted so recklessly? It had been so long ago, he was not even sure of the details. When was the last time Jacen had done something on a whim? Isolder would bet it was more recently, but that it still had been years. It was easy, he reflected, to forget that your children were not ‘kids’ anymore.

Turning his head to Kjietelle, “This cover story Jacen’s been using…how good is it?”

The guardswoman shrugged, “It’s pretty thorough. I’ve got a friend with the polis, and they haven’t found anything.”

Isolder turned his head back to the window, ruminating on this information. “Which means…” He trailed off, wanting Aamodt to answer.

“Either the GAG is really good at creating fake records on the fly, or…”

“Jason Naberre was a real person.” Isolder continued quietly. He looked over at the black-haired woman, “Which do you think?”

Kjietelle let out a breath, “Tenel Ka told me that he can no longer use the Force. If true, it would be impossible for him to maintain the lie. And I cannot imagine she would go along with this if he had killed in cold-blood.”

“True. But it would take a lot of time to create a history this good. I can’t see him taking the risk.” The Hapan Prince sighed resignedly and headed for the door, “I guess I’ll just have to ask.”

|
    O
    _____(___)_____​

Isolder paused at Jacen’s door and allowed himself to be carried away by the muffled sounds of laughter coming from the room; sounds that only reinforced the guilt that was already forming as he’d walked down the hall. Part of him wanted to come back later to allow the three of them to enjoy the moment -- Force knows all of them deserved it. The most important lesson he’d learned from his father, though, was that there is never a good time to deliver bad news. With a deep breath, he quietly knocked twice and hit the door mechanism, not waiting for an answer.

Stepping into the room, he was struck by how content everyone looked and offered a small smile of apology.

“Hello, Leia.” Isolder greeted as she stood from her position at the foot of Jacen’s bed. “I see you’ve met Hapes’s newest hero?”

Leia smiled a wan smile as she allowed her friend to kiss her cheek, noticing the Prince’s lack of surprise. “I have.” Her voice dropped to a whisper, “I don’t think I could have survived burying another son.”

Isolder could only nod somberly, “Then we are fortunate you don’t have to.” He released Leia’s hands and turned his attention to Jacen. “But, I have one question before I can agree to this charade: What happened to Jason Naberre?”

Jacen cringed inwardly. While he knew that it would be impossible to hide his true identity from Isolder for very long, he had hoped the ruse would last until his release from hospital. With a resigned sigh, he again recounted how he answered the police dispatch and gradually assumed the identity of Jason Naberre.

When he had finished, Isolder said nothing for a long while staring out the window, clearly trying to decide whether to believe the story and, if he went along with the ruse, what it would mean for the Royal Family.

Finally, he turned his attention back to Jacen. “What sort of proof do you have?”

Jacen nodded and looked at Leia, “Mom, can I borrow your comlink?”

“Sure.” She answered, giving him a confused look as she dug it out of her small clutch and handed it to her son.

“Thanks.” Jacen replied as he took the comlink and started scrolling through the display menu.

Leia’s eyes widened in surprise as it became clear that her son was looking for holos he’d uploaded into her device. Incredulous, she asked, “How did you load holos into my comlink?”

“Mom, you haven’t changed your passwords since I was ten.” He looked up from the device and gave a mischievous smile, “You really should take comsec seriously. Anyway…” he continued as he went back to looking for the right file, “…I loaded some holos into your ‘Jacen’ folder on the assumption you don’t look there very often.”

There was no accusatory tone in his voice, Leia noticed, just a trace of sadness. She reached over and gave her son’s hand a squeeze and was rewarded with a small smile.

“Here we go.” Jacen announced, having found the folder of he had downloaded. Tossing the comlink over to Isolder, “The holos are what I took at the scene, and there is a copy both the CPD and coroner’s reports.

Curious, Leia stood and looked over Isolder’s shoulder as he scrolled through the files. They both took their time reading the coroner’s report, noting the cause and approximate time of death. With a small nod, Isolder handed the comlink back to Leia.

“This is verifiable?”

“Of course.” Jacen affirmed.

Isolder nodded once; he was, naturally, going to have Captain Aamodt make discrete inquiries into this story, but having Jacen agree to the investigation allayed some of his doubts.

“I’m assuming the two of you have a plan?” Isolder asked, meaning Jacen and Tenel Ka. If he knew anything about his daughter and her best friend, it was that they always had a framework for what they were doing. More than anyone, the two of them knew the costs of trying to improvise a coherent strategy.

Jacen smiled. “We do.” He went on to elaborate on the plan that he and Tenel Ka concocted on the gym floor four nights previous.

After he had finished, Leia gave the Crown Prince an amused look, “They seem to be continuing our ‘daytime-holodrama-too-cheesy-not-to-be-believed’ courting rituals.”

“You mean not everyone falls in love with a warrior witch from a remote jungle world?” Isolder asked in mock disbelief.

Leia shrugged theatrically, “Or marries the smuggler who broke her out of an Imperial detention cell? You mean there are people who have actual dates?”

The three adults all broke into laughter, partly because of the absurdity of their past and partly because of the wary look Allana gave her father. The look that said she was realizing, perhaps for the first time, that weird did not even begin to explain the family she had inherited.

Isolder leaned over the bed and ruffled his granddaughter’s hair, “Time to go kiddo, we need to let your father and grandma talk for a bit.” Allana opened her mouth to protest, but he cut her off, “I’ll let you come see Ja…Daddy tomorrow. Aaa-nnnd…” He drawled, “…I’ve arranged for Leia to spend the night with us.”

Allana squealed in delight and hopped off the bed, scurrying to the other side. As she did, the blonde man looked over at Leia, “If that’s okay with you, of course.”

Leia smiled in appreciation, “Certainly.”

“Yay!” Allana exclaimed delightedly as she hugged Leia’s legs, “I can show you how to lebitate things!”

Leia beamed as she bent and returned the hug, “Deal.”

After watching the two of them leave, Leia sat in the chair next to her son’s bed and took his hand. For a long while, she looked out of the window and contemplated the latest turn in her life.

“I wish….” She said at last, continuing to look out of the window, “…that you could have trusted me about Allana.”

Even though she could no longer sense her son in the Force, Jacen’s despair and guilt were still quite discernable.

“I’m sorry, Mom.” He finally replied, trying to fight back tears. “I wanted to.”

Leia did not know what to say to that, so said nothing. She wanted to know more about why he and Tenel Ka thought it would be a good idea to keep their relationship a secret from the family that would have understood the most.

Instead of pressing the issue, she thought it best to change topics for the time being. “What happens now to the GAG?”

Jacen let out a long breath, “In a day or two, NRI is going to quietly arrest two Corellian agents that we’ve been helping them follow for the last two months. These agents….” he went on to explain, “…have stockpiled a fair amount of C4 and have been observed doing surveillance on the power substations G-22, G-23, and H-22.”

Jacen paused, seeing if Leia could remember the electric grid from her days as Chief-of-State. Coruscant’s power grid, logically enough, was laid out as an actual grid with the power substations laid out to resemble lines of latitude on a globe with a built-in stagger. The grid, when displayed, resembled a series of interconnected triangles. Jacen knew, of course, that his mother would not remember every substation location, but he was pretty sure she’d remember the ones he listed.

Leia recognized the pause as the small test it was, but was up to the challenge. “That’s the….” she scrunched her face, trying to recall, “….C-See and the Mon Mothma Spaceport.”

The Coruscant Stock Exchange, or C-See, was the largest stock exchange in the Alliance, while Mon Mothma Spaceport was the busiest spaceport in the known galaxy.

Impressed at his mother’s ability to recall information, Jacen smiled as he nodded in agreement. “Also the Imperial Archives, Valorum Memorial Hospital, and about a third of the Embassies from the mid-rim.”

Leia frowned. Knocking out the substations for that grid sector would certainly be an inconvenience, but was hardly a knockout blow. “All of these entities have backup generators. Why target that sector?”

“The backups were never designed to supply power for full operations…all would have to operate at a reduced capacity. And it would probably take weeks to fully repair or replace the damage.” Jacen paused and gave his mother a look, “How far do you think the markets would tumble if C-See had to curtail trading and air traffic had to be rerouted?”

“It would be pretty grim.” Leia agreed, fighting a grimace, “And Omas would be forced to answer all sorts of internal security questions.”

For a long moment, Leia simply looked at her son as the basic outline of her son’s plan started to coalesce in her mind. Finally, she thought she could see what her son had planned. “NRI is going to find C4 residue at your bombsite, aren’t they?”

Jacen answered with a subdued nod. “And some of their stockpile has gone missing.” He looked over at his mother and continued softly, “The whereabouts of one of the Corellians is also unverifiable for a period of time.”

Leia really did not know whether to be impressed with her son or frightened by him. On one hand, she was sure that the Corellian threat was real, and that they had definitely planned to cause short-term chaos. On the other, one or both of these agents was going to be tried for a murder that they clearly did not intend to ever commit. Or were they? Leia frowned to herself as she thought it over. All of the evidence of any murder was circumstantial; there were no witnesses, no direct evidence of either person being at the crime scene, and the missing C4 would be easily explained away. She was missing something.

Unbidden, a news report of a few days ago flashed in her memory. Narrowing her eyes, she looked at her son. “What does this have to do with the refinery fire on Tralus?”

Jacen gave her a smile, one of genuine amusement and not of calculated malice. “Nothing at all! And that’s the best part…because of what Corellia was planning to do on Coruscant, they’re going to believe that the NRI or the GAG were behind it.”

“Even better: because that refinery supplied fuel for the fleet, Gejjen is not going to be able to decline when Niathal ‘suggests’ that she investigate the fire personally.”

Leia started to ask how Jacen knew all of this, but Jacen pressed on, “Omas will want you to accompany his Admiral on this inspection where you’ll be able to quietly pressure Gejjen that because we know what he had planned, we might just have to leave the Sixth Fleet in Corellian space for a time…purely as a safety precaution, of course.”

“Of course.” Leia replied drily, realizing that her son did not really know that any of this was going to happen, but was merely taking an educated guess. “And, of course, I’ll meet with Gejjen and tell him that Omas knows who was behind the bombing on Coruscant and it would be unfortunate if he had to enact an economic embargo against Corellia.”

Jacen smiled at his mother’s reading of events. “Naturally. Which will make a lot of people look twice at what Gejjen is doing. If he’ll sanction the murdering the son of their most famous Ex-pat, what else will he do?”

|
    O
    _____(___)_____​

After dinner, after spending most of the evening playing catch with Allana on the palace lawn, and after the bedtime story of how a Princess from Alderaan met a Hapan Crown Prince, Isolder and Leia finally got their granddaughter tucked in to bed.

Closing the door, Isolder glanced at his friend as they walked down the hall towards living room, “I don’t know about you, but after the events of today, I could definitely use a drink.”

“Please.” Leia sighed, collapsing onto the couch. Isolder nodded and quickly headed downstairs to the kitchen.

A few minutes later, he returned, a bottle of sweet wine and two goblets in his hands. Pouring the wine, he made conscious effort not to look at Leia, “Can I believe your son?”

Leia made a face as she took the offered glass, “I’ve been wrestling with the same question all afternoon.”

“And?” he asked when it was clear that she was not going to continue.

Leia stood and started to pace aimlessly around the living room, trying to find the right words. “We’ve known each other a long time. We’ve had a lot of conversations in those years.”

Isolder nodded, “We have.”

“In all that time…” she stopped in front of the fireplace and picked up one of the knickknacks on the mantle, “…I’ve never lied or embellished or stretched the truth either as Chief of State or as your friend.”

“I know.”

Leia shook her head, “You must think that I’ll say anything to keep my remaining son safe and alive. I know that you know that Jacen has done some very unpleasant things. I was very close to being ashamed of my son.” She paused, replacing a small crystal forsteri, “But I know he’s telling the truth.” She turned to look at Isolder, “I’ve tried very hard to catch him with any inconsistencies, or feel a lie, but I haven’t. The Jacen of the last few years was trying to force things, make events happen. Now, he is taking the happenings as they come and simply uses them to navigate to an objective. ” She offered a small smile, “He’s only been doing it a few weeks, and he’s already much better at it than I was at his age.”

Leia took a sip of her wine before continuing, “I don’t blame you for not wanting him here, but I think he’d be a great asset for the Palace.”

Isolder moved to the windows and looked out over the gardens for a long moment. “You understand that I will have to keep him on short leash?” He turned his head, “At least for now.”

Leia moved over to the window to stand by her friend, knowing that the Crown Prince had already made up his mind, but did not want to force his hand. “I know.”

Isolder nodded and the two of them stood side-by-side for a while. Finally, he let out an amused sigh. “They used to make a great team.”

Leia nodded, “They can again.” She cast a sideways glance, “With our help, they can make Hapes great.”

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
    Khalia Octa likes this.
  7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Fantastic musings from Isolder and natural reservations which Jason/Jacen was able to resolve with the facts of the Naberre case and his sound strategizing which does not call for manipulating things but just taking advantage of the situations that arise. That is a very good description and will absolutely be invaluable on Hapes.

Enjoy the Isolder/Leia dynamic, very honest and warm. You can tell they are trusted friends.

8. Lordban

Nov 9, 2000
    We narrowly dodged a MHGA slogan there x)

Yes, Jacen was rather apt at politics after all. Unfortunately, the best politicians can never be trusted to tell the truth. Their ability to do their job depends on it...

SiouxFan likes this.
  9. Khalia Octa

Khalia Octa Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 2018
    Great to read some more interactions of Leia and Jacen, especially with Isolder in there too.
    I loved this part as well, just shows their friendship really nicely!
    Well written yet again! =D==D==D=

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  10. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    Ha! I am embarrassed to admit that I didn't think of that. I wonder what Isolder would look like in a red baseball cap?

That's where I think SW politics fall apart...the assumption that all politicians are shady and not always honest. In my 'canon' Jacen follows the path his mother and grandfather (Bail, not Vader) started...trying to do the best he can and be above board doing it. He and TK would navigate Hapan politics and shape the Consortium into a government unafraid of being the moral 'city on the hill' for the galaxy to emulate.
    Isolder is such a fascinating character...he's been able to survive the cut-throat world of Hapan politics, so obviously he's more than just a pretty face. From what I remember of CoPL, he and Leia got along fairly well, and I don't think it too much of a stretch to think they would have remained in contact over the years.

I have never really been able understand how the authors could think that Jacen would go from this empathetic, thoughtful person to someone who tried to manipulate others and force events. True strategists and statesmen try to anticipate events and formulate plans around potential outcomes. Only tyrants try to make events happen. I'm trying to show that Jason has jumped off of the 'tyrant' train!

11. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Really like your take on Leia here. She feels and acts like a mother would. In contrast to the books were she basically told Jaina to be proud after killing her brother.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
  12. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    It wasn't that she told her to be proud of it it was more a resigned "it had to be done or you would be dead instead" and she herself was on the verge of tears.

13. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Wasn't the correct wording "if you had hesitanted you would be the dead one"?
    Clearly stating that not listening to Jacen's pleas to end the fight was the right descision? Leia wasn't even able to give her own son a chance at redemption in her eyes he had to die.
    Also didn't she said Jaina's hope he had found redemption in death was wishfull thinking?

14. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    She did-becuase she had resigned herself to the belief Jacen was irredeemable and gone.

I'm not saying it wasn't callous, but it wasn't as bad as "good girl for taking down the monster, honey!"

15. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    Leia and Han had given up on Jacen really early in LotF, and I find that simply reprehensible. What kind of mother gives up on their kid? There's a scene (I forget which book) shortly after Jacen becomes Co-Chief where Leia talks to him.l I don't remember the conversation, but she leaves with '...it's lonely at the top.' Really? She could have given advice, offered council, talked about the intricacies of the office. Instead, she offers biting sarcasm.

I actually don't remember that scene...but was Jaina ever really in danger during that fight? It really doesn't read that way to me. And I think Jaina knew it. She should have corrected her mother on this point.

Khalia Octa and Lordban like this.
  16. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Didn't she know Jacen had seized power in a coup? Or did she not how cal Omas downfall happened? I don't remember.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
  17. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    I'm not sure anyone knew the story behind the coup. As I remember, it was legally done with Parliamentary procedure, was it not? Wasn't Omas was on the verge of a 'no-confidence' vote? My memory of LotF is pretty sketchy...only read it once.

18. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    Chapter 15

Magna Keto Hospital, Chume’dan, Hapes

Two weeks later--

After stepping through the sliding front doors of Magna Keto Hospital, Jason Naberre took a side-step to the right and stopped. Taking a deep breath of the clear fall air, he closed his eyes and sighed, content to bask in the warm sunlight for a long moment.

It had taken Jason far longer, and required more paperwork than he’d expected, for him to secure his release from the hospital. He had to be cleared by the orthopedics department, the urology department (he still puzzled over why...he’d only seen the urologist once), the hand reconstruction specialist, the facial reconstruction specialist, the phlebotomy department, the physical therapy department, and finally, the billing department.

Each specialist and department had given him a small list of instructions and a number to call in case he had any questions. He had had to sign or initial over fifty forms; all of which, of course, were written in the bland, big-word style medical professionals use…a style that only made sense to those who worked in the profession. It was the billing department, oddly, that had taken the least amount of time. Because the Crown had covered the cost of his treatment, he only had to pay the grand sum of 280 credits for his meal expenses.

The physical therapy department had given him a sheet of follow-up appointments for him to attend. He had tried to joke that because the appointments were designed to help him get accustomed with his mechanical right arm, it really should be ‘robotics therapy’. Apparently, the therapist had heard the joke before, as she was decidedly unimpressed.

Mentally shrugging at the memory, Jason opened his eyes and started walking across the large lawn in front of the hospital. Halfway across the lawn, he finally spied the bright green convertible speeder he had been told to look for. Smiling, he made the forty-five degree course correction to his left and nodded at the tall brunette leaning against the speeder’s left-rear fender.

The woman nodded in reply and opened the speeder’s small cargo hatch. Job done, she turned and met Jason halfway, holding out her hand to take his small duffle. As she did, they both smiled at the memory of him taking her roll-on at a spaceport two weeks earlier.

“Ready to start your life again?” Kenara asked in a mock-whisper.

Jason laughed and pulled his new friend into a quick embrace, “Absolutely.”

Epilogue

After getting settled in his flat, but before he started his position as a civilian instructor for the Royal Marines, Jason was invited to a small gala at the Fountain Palace. The journalists covering the event were impressed by the way the young man from Commenor bantered with the Crown Prince. Even his disregard for protocol by having the first dance with Princess Allana was seen by all as a charming gesture. What the journalists reported on most, however, was the easy rapport Jason Naberre had with their Queen Mother. The two had gotten along so well, that at the end of the evening, he cheekily asked the Queen if she would see a play with him the next weekend. Even more surprising, she agreed.

That was six months ago. And while the Queen still makes news with every visit outside the Palace, hardly anyone comments on the young man from Commenor who often accompanies her.

|
    O
    _____(___)_____​

A/N: My apologies for not posting sooner! I had everything for the story completed when I'd started posting except for this final chapter...and it still took me far too long to write. I'll be honest, there are about a zillion plot holes in this story that I didn't try to explain or run down...I had done a pretty good job of doing that for 'Quest', and felt that I'd just be repeating the same storyline...so I limited my focus. We can chat about all of my plot holes and deficiencies if you'd like.

Thanks for reading!!

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
  19. Lordban

Nov 9, 2000
    And thanks to you for writing!

Hardly anyone comments... yet ;)

SiouxFan likes this.
  20. Khalia Octa

Khalia Octa Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 2018
    =D==D==D==D= Nice ending to wrap it all up!! Had a fun time reading your well-written AU! Really nice to see Jacen and Tenel Ka get together at the end :) Thank you for writing it!! :cool:

21. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Great story, nice to see Jacen get the happy end he deserves.
    Thanks for writing :)

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    A very satisfying conclusion! The plan worked splendidly! And that bright green convertible -- Kenara knows how to ride in style! [face_laugh]
    =D=

23. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Now I'm looking forward to you doing that Jacen/Danni plot bunny from quest. But anyway kudos for finishing this one.

24. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    You're welcome!! I actually have quite a bit of fun writing these characters, so I'm glad others enjoy reading them as I see them. It was always my intention to leave us all 'hanging' a bit at the end...I like leaving endings more open-ended so that we can each imagine where they go from here.

It is my opinion that Tenel Ka deserves a 'happy-ever-after' more than any other character. Her uncle's family are all killed by Ta'a Chume...her own grandmother, for crying out loud...a third of her country's fleet gets wiped out by a Corellian mad-man, her mother dies because of the shock, her best friend gets captured on a crap mission, she's forced to assume a throne she doesn't want to prevent her other friend from having to assume the crown. Later, her best friend becomes a Sith, and she has to give her daughter up to her almost in-laws. If anyone deserves a hug and a happy ending, it is Tenel Ka.

Thanks! And yep! Single ladies always get the cool rides!

Oh man...that'll take me a while. I'm only a chapter and a half in to that one.

Thanks again for reading, reviewing, and discussing! Like I mentioned, I'm always free to discuss 'would've, should've' plots that I could have included.

25. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    I look forward to seeing it done. Whenever that may be.

Referring to an earlier line of conversation-Jaina was only risk in their final duel if Jacen had decided to let loose with one final force blast. Something Jaina acknowledges he was quite capable of doing. Thing is, Jacen wasn't interested in defeating his sister-he just wanted to save Allana and Tenel Ka.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2018