main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Traitors and Trades (Jacen/Tenel Ka)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by SiouxFan, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Hello!

I've had this story bookmarked on my phone to read for months now, shamefully, and then looking for stories to reccomend for the Favorites of Fanfic Festival finally prompted me to revisit and finish reading. Now, I am so glad I did! There are too few EU stories around now as it is, especially cathartic, heart warming, well written stories like this one, and I can't thank you enough for sharing this with us!

First off, I have to say bravo for taking the . . . mess Legends was in from a good deal of NJO on and making something salvagable of the oftentimes baffling characterizations and poor plot choices. Jacen and Tenel Ka and a strong relationship, finally; Jaina and Tenel Ka repairing their bond; Anakin looking out for his family from beyond; and the implications that Tahiri is getting the help she needs too? Jacen and Tenel Ka raising their daughter with the extended Solo clan knowing?? Thank you and yes! That's the little we could ask for as fans at the end of the day. Even through the tough times where you didn't shy away from the more difficult subject matter, this story resolutely drove on for a satisfying conclusion. And I thank you for that! It made me smile like you wouldn't believe to see these characters as happy as they could be at the end of a long, oftentimes painful road. [face_love]

Again, this was a wonderfully told story. Really, trully well done. :) =D=

2. SiouxFan

SiouxFan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 6, 2012
    Thank you! I think 'cathartic' best sums up why I write my stories...I just couldn't stand where everything ended. I get that Star Wars doesn't exactly lend itself to 'happily ever after', but it also shouldn't depress the hell out of everyone, either. Even Jaina's marriage to Jag...which should have been an epic blowout...was reduced to a sideline event on a derelict freighter.

I know, right! Like I did in 'Quest', I felt it best not to simply ignore or gloss over some of the events in LotF, but to try to work a plausible explanation into my stories. I'll confess that there are a great many plot-holes in this story, but I felt that if I tried to flesh them out more, this would turn into another retelling of my earlier story.

[face_dancing]
    High praise, indeed! Thank you, Mira Jade.