main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton Transformers meeting

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Achilles_of_Edmonton, Jul 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Achilles_of_Edmonton

Achilles_of_Edmonton Jedi Youngling star 4

May 13, 2005
    Hey all,

I was surprised to not see a thread on this flick. Well anyways, a bunch of the crew from Secrets of the Rebellion is getting together to see it Tuesday night, 7:45 pm at Silver City WEM. If anyone sees this in time, the more the merrier. I imagine a fair amount of you would have seen it by now or have plans to see it this weekend. Regardless, the invite is very open. Besides, if you haven't seen it yet, you gotta. And if you have, then you know damn well you're going again anyway lol.

2. whisperjedi

whisperjedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 19, 2005
    What can I say...."Michael Bay." If U like things blowing up, stock characters, and a predictable ending....go see this movie. This will undoubtably be the summer blockbuster ...only good thing IS hopefully Hasbro will consider doing a G.I.Joe movie!

3. Ky-Wan

Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    GI Joe?

please gawd no, just watch everyonther bay movie and you have it. I would love to see this flick again but work till 8 on tuesday so unles it's a later showing or 7:45 monday can't :(

BTW The game for this movie is just a fun time :)

4. geekgirl76

geekgirl76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    I've had two people on opposite ends of the movie spectrum tell me it was good so it's on my list of probables for some time this summer. I didn't know it was a Michael Bay movie though, he's the king of the Unsteady-Cam. [face_sick] I really wish film makers would get a clue and realize that just looks like they're trying to hide how bad they are at cinematography. They invented the Steady-Cam for a reason. :p

Ummm, you are aware this is a Transformers movie right? :p I think the point.

5. whisperjedi

Apr 19, 2005
    I'd like opinions on how bad it was...(the cartoon series was better written and the Marvel comic was not so bad.)My criticism was what the hell happened 2 the "Lingistics team"(Aussie gir)& her "advisor". P.S The steady-cam was first invented 4 The Shining....mainly 4 the maze scenes.

6. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Bad?? :confused: It was the greatest movie of the year!!! :D

It's different from the old cartoon series (which I love) but it HAS to be. Old mini vans and bugs wouldn't do the movie justice in this modern age. The TransFormers looked amazing! The action and fights were AWESOME!! And when Optimus spoke (Peter Cullen's voice) - it was so surreal!! I LOVE this movie!

The steady cam bits worked for me - made you feel like you were in the middle of the action. IMO, Bay and Spielberg really delivered a fun, action packed, visual feast for the eyes!!!

7. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002

I watched the documentary this weekend on the filming of this movie and there is a reason they didn't use a steady cam. They had a high speed go cart with little or no suspension for most of the car chase scenes to help convey the speed and the area your in.

As for how bad it was. Give me a break. It was a great show. The action was great, The effects were great, and now after seen the making of the movie I have more appreciation for Micheal Bays vision and how he goes about things on set.

8. whisperjedi

Apr 19, 2005
    Greatest movie?...Michael Bay has just directed the greatest movie.
    This is the man responsible for "The Island", Bad boys 2, and Pearl Habour. But then again, I did like "The Rock", "Armageddon", and Bad Boys 1. Technically, he's proficient @ what he does...great action, great effects. The story and dialogue not so great sometimes. His characters r usually 2-dimensional. When I want a popcorn spectacle, he's the man.

As for the movie itself, I did enjoy a nod 2 the volkswagon next 2 the Camaro, and robots utilizing the transforming sound. The comedy bits @ Sam Witwicky house was funny. And I think SoundWave in the movie would have been icing.

I think people are judging it for its' nostagia factor. I'll grant...this year's best summer movie.

So what did happen 2 the lingistics team?

9. geekgirl76

Mar 29, 2002
    I liked most of his movies the first time round, they don't hold up for a second viewing though. He's really good at summer "let's kill a couple hours in air conditioning" type movies and I'm pretty sure that's all this one is trying to be.

I get why they film like that, to convey the "feel" of it, I just hate it. I go to a movie to see the movie, not the blur that could be a movie if I could see it. I love actual fast cars, rollercoasters et al. The only time I get motion sick is sitting in a theatre when they try and get "creative" with the filming. Bourne Supremacy was another one that pops into my head as one they wrecked by sloppy camera work.

Has anyone seen the new Die Hard? Good movie but I couldn't believe how bad the editing was in a couple spots.

10. whisperjedi

Apr 19, 2005

11. Dooks

Dooks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Second best movie ever next to the star wars franchise nuff said. If you loved the show then you will love this movie and the sequel was already announced before the movie came out so long live the Transformers franchise.

12. Ky-Wan

Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    but now the question is will they do what most sequels do and suck?

13. geekgirl76

Mar 29, 2002
    LOL, of course it will, but then the third one will be good, the Law Of Sequels says so. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.