main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO TRANSFORMERS: War for Cybertron / Fall of Cybertron Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by LawgSkrak, Jun 20, 2010.

1. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Suffice it to say my GameFly queue just got a new addition. I'm not typically a Transformers fan, but with all the positive press WfC is getting I'm definitely looking forward to checking it out.

2. majorlynch

majorlynch Jedi Master star 1

Apr 7, 2010
    This is coming out in Europe tomorrow and I'm really looking forward to it.
    As said above, the last brilliant transformers game was for the ps2 though rotf was good.
    This should be great!!!!

Star wars is really missing out here. The mainstream FPS where dozens of people could shoot each other,
    e.g. bad company 2, modern warfare 2, get loads of attention from gamers.
    Its an area where star wars is not currently competing.
    It's had nothing even close since Battlefront 2.
    An the old republic doesn't count, this is a shooter, not an rpg.

I'd like to see this type of multiplayer in Battlefront 3 (by 2020 please).

3. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    Picked up my copy today and I'm loving it so far. Forget Michael Bay, this one takes me right back to the 80s. :D

4. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Played thru the first 3 levels of the Decepticon story...I'm really digging it so far. I wish there was a playable tutorial so I could have started off knowing how to use the controls, but I'm learning as I go. The visuals and design of the game are incredible...couldn't have asked for a better version of the toys of my youth.

Apparently with the Playstation version (can't say about the others), if you play thru the story on Easy, the go to the last checkpoint of each story, you can get the trophies for Med & Hard without having to play the whole comapaign that way. Going to try and get that done before any more patches come out, because I'm a damn dirty cheater like that. :p

Saw the end credits song on youtube and was lmao.

5. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    I may have to go pick this up. I've been waiting for some more "player" reviews (like the ones here) to come to light and generally the game is getting high praise. Being a Transformer's fan I think it'll be worth my money to check out. I guess I'm hesitant because I bought both movie games and both were horrible.

6. zacparis

Sep 1, 2003
    Not sure what those two games are like, but this is like a mix of Gears of War, Halo and the original cartoon movie.

What I love most is the banter between characters. When one decepticon tells Megatron his plan is "suicide" he immediately gets destroyed by autobot fire, and Megatron replies "Any other objections?" [face_laugh]

7. -Gundark-

-Gundark- Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 1, 2010
    I think it was Megatron that shot him. The beam looked identical to M's fusion cannon. The dialogue is great, though. Also, I agree 100% with that description of the game. Reeeeaaaalllly hoping for a sequel [face_praying]

8. LORDeron_MAULer

LORDeron_MAULer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2003
    So I played the demo at my friend's house. The multiplayer was really action packed and fun. And I don't even usually like playing online. The rest of game looks interesting too, even though I haven't played the single player campaign yet. The only thing I wasn't all that crazy about was Megatron's and Starscream's voices. Fred Tatasciore (that's him it it, isn't it?) is as every bit as good as Welker, Kaye and Burton are but the voice he used in the game just seems too generic. Starscream's seems a little generic too. I dunno.

9. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    I have to admit, the melee kills in the game are remarkably satisfying. I love how the screen gets splattered with oil when you take an enemy down :)

10. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    Well, now I have to get the game, this weekend is DOUBLE XP in multiplayer! w00t! :p

11. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    I've really got to try out multiplayer sometime, but I suck at most forms of combat, so even if I went online, I'd probably just get slaughtered or drag down whoever has the misfortune of ending up on the same team as me.

So, I've finished the game, and it is definitely awesome, probably the best Transformers game ever (although aside from that PS2 one, there's probably not much competition for that title), and a pretty good game in general. Now here's hoping they make a sequel following in the same vein, the ending is open-ended enough that there's still quite a bit of room for more stories, and this game's story wasn't bad, and the references were wonderful. My favorite chapter was definitely chapter 9, though. Talk about epic, with the Aerialbots and Jetfire chasing Trypticon down from orbit. Not to mention jets have unlimited ammo in vehicle mode.

12. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    I'm horrible online, but it is still a ton of fun...granted, the last real online shooter game I played was Quake in my office some 12 years ago. I've only done the non-team death match (I'm lucky to get 1 kill per 5 of my death lol) and Escalation (only lasted to Level 9...the trophy for 15 will be pretty tough). I highly recommend it.

13. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Beat it yesterday. Eh, it was ok. Though I can't say I was thrilled that the last two chapters seemed to be a REALLY long bossfight, and especially not one between Prime and his arch foe Megatron..

14. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    Played thru the game this weekend on easy, just to get a feel for it before staring my runthru on hard and getting the rest of the campaign achievements. A few things:

Got the 'Its not a Mirage' achieve right off the bat in Decepticon story, don't know how but scored a headshot on the first cloaked Autobot :eek::cool:

Love the nods to the old series and '86 movie.

Major MAJOR gripe: yes, you can do a co-op campaign, but NOT on the same console, so the wife and I can't play together, we'd need to buy a second copy. TOTAL B$, High Moon, TOTAL B$. I expect that to be rectified in the sequel.

15. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    You don't need to run through the whole campaign on hard to get the respective achievements; the game is glitched -- purposefully or not -- and all you have to do is to play the last checkpoint only for each chapter on Hard in order to unlock the achievements.

16. zacparis

Sep 1, 2003
    Sadly split screen is becoming a rare thing these days. Developers are finally getting the idea that we want to play with each other and not always against each other, but what they tend to ignore is that we sometimes want to play with people who are also in the same room.

Or they're doing it on purpose to sell an extra game. Either way it sucks.

17. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    Torn between this, Crackdown2, Bad Company 2 and Just Cause 2 for a new game to pick up and waste time in...

18. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    I'd have to recommend this one only if you love the franchise and basically have no problem in playing what's essentially Gears of Cybertron. Expect a short single player campaign that you can beat in a coupl of days and a so-so multiplayer component.

I didn't dig the Crackdown 2 demo and in all honesty I wonder why and how I spent so much time playing the first one...

...oh yeah, waiting for the Halo 3 beta; no such thing with the sequel. Skip!

19. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Wow. Very much surprised by all the mostly all-possitive feedback.
    I thought for sure that this game would be little more than a clunker at best, and a glorified kiddie-game at worst. Having read the reviews here, I might have to pick up a copy...

20. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    I would RENT it first, before actually buying it. The single player/coop campaign is awesome but rather short (again, this game is basically Gears of Cybertronian War...just without the chainsaws and prettier graphics) and I find the multiplayer rather meh.

21. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Thanks for the headsup, DI.
    I was thinking about buying a used-copy at gamestop, so it might be a few weeks before one turns up for sale.

22. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Got the used edition... the Aubtobot missions have been a blast so far.
    Game mechanics really remind me of my brother's fav 360 game: Too Human. (I never played it)

Anyways, I chose Optimus and having a blast so far...
    I picked the scout for the Decepticon-arc and wish I picked Megatron.:p

23. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    But of course, when it comes to Transformers, you only want to play as the top dog for each side. :p

24. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Prime talks the best trash, ever.
    And it's clean, even.

25. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    I can't recall which line you're referring too, but I bet it's awesome. In any case, everytime he utters "Autobots, transform and roll out!", I certainly wish I could be a transforming alien robot and would willingly follow him into robot hell, yessir.