main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO TRANSFORMERS: War for Cybertron / Fall of Cybertron Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by LawgSkrak, Jun 20, 2010.

1. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    My FAV's: "...Piece of tin!" and "Waste of Metal" both are in the Movie as well.

ANd I agree, when "....Roll-out!" gets heard, I wanna grab an energy weapon and join the fray.:p

2. LawgSkrak

LawgSkrak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 23, 1999
    I STILL can't beat Trypticon. :( At this rate the second sequel to this game will be out before I finish this one. LOL!

3. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Beating Trypticon is all about learning his attacks, trying to stay ahead of the worst barrages (grabbing what little cover there is) and learning where the ammo pickups are at all times to quickly get to them when running out. You will die a few times, yeah, but it's pretty doable even at the hardest difficulty.

4. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Yeah, that one took me a couple o'days. And when I beat him, I didn't even realize it... next thing I know, he's getting whacked by Prime's-Axe, game over.:p I looked at the DLC's, but they both appeared to be worthless with regards to the single player experience.

Tried the MP online this weekend, my first ever online gaming....
    Yeah, I know. Better late than never.:p

Anyways, I died with the quickness, many times. The room(map) I was in was loaded with 'stacked' players, I would never have had a chance unless I chose to run and hide. Not my style. So, I manned-up, fired off what I had and then died in the middle of the fray. Nobody came to revive me, so did the self-destruct thing. ;)

5. LawgSkrak

LawgSkrak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 23, 1999
    I BEAT HIM!!!!

Okay, my 10-yr old beat him for me, but whatever, I got to see the end of the game and got the Achievements for it so all is good. LOL!

6. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Er, you could've LIED and said you beat him on your own, ya know. :p

7. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    10X EXP weekend Friday-Sunday.

See you on the game grid.

8. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    unlock n bump

9. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Announced; Fall 2012

[image=http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/featured/activision/high-moon/transformers/fallofcybertron/cov_223_v1_l.jpg] [image=http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/featured/activision/high-moon/transformers/fallofcybertron/gami_223_cov_front_v2.jpg]

Nice to have a game to look forward to that isn't hitting shelves this fall, lol

Also, and I haven't played it in a while, but apparently the XP for War for Cybertron has been permanently bumped up to 5x.

10. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Should be interesting- the current Transformers: Prime TV series is set in the same continuity as WFC, so it'll be interesting to see if there are any connections now that the series' bible is more fully fleshed out.

11. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    I recently got this game, haven't had time to play it.

Looked it up though, guess its a new continuity. The recent novels, these games, and animated Prime are part of a new continuity called "Aligned." It's supposed to be a foundation for further games and media to come.

Also, don't research Transformers Continuity unless you want your head to blow up.

12. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Awesome cover, I loved War for Cybertron and so looking forward to the sequel, even though its quite a ways away. As long as they're not rushed like they were with the DotM tie-in, but then given how bad the live-action movies are, that studio can only do so much with such bad base material. Grimlock looks cool, and its not like giant metal dinosaurs are unheard of in this continuity. Although even by Transformers standards, the Aligned continuity family is odd. A new TF novel just came out too, but not related to this game (probably).

13. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Indeed.

I'm still trying to figure out who called them gods, as stated by Auto-Spock.
    :p

14. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    The best I can figure he meant that Primes were viewed as gods by the other Transformers. Or other aliens viewed the Transformers as gods. Or maybe Sentinel pulled a Galvatron and was just completely insane.

15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
  16. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    Bruticus? Hell yeah I'm getting this one.

17. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Yeah, that was an awesome trailer, especially Grimlock and Bruticus! I think I read both are playable too. Although Ironhide punching out Starscream was great too. It would just be perfect if Optimus Prime ordered Grimlock to destroy Bruticus.

18. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    I'm not into Transformers but that was a great trailer. Great Puscifer song too.

19. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    The same applies to me. I have never liked Transformers. But this trailer was just undeniably well made. It captured that same sense of awe as Gears of War's "Mad World" trailer. I'm just hoping unlike Gears, the end game captures the tone of the trailer. Then I will most definately be interested.

20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Ha, it's funny you mention that- I, too, was reminded of the Mad World GOW trailer.

21. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Ah, I so don't care how much this and the previous game ripped off from GoW: Transformers has always been 10 times more awesome as far as I'm concerned. Consider me sold (that is, with copy pre-ordered).

Excellent trailer, BTW.

22. Magellan_the_Cat

Magellan_the_Cat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    the Fall of Cybertron trailer looks bloody amazing!
    in 90 seconds, they topped the best Bay could do in 7 hours.
    Oh, and I can actually SEE the robots, tell them apart, and identify which is on which side.
    And there's even emotional connection.

The trailer alone gives me hope that the Transformers franchise can be saved.

WoC: how much of it is knowing bizarre button combinations vs nice simple gameplay? Do they have the "push Triangle, circle, square" sign pop up to tell you what to do?

23. JediKnight20043

JediKnight20043 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 18, 2004
    WoC works as a general 3rd person shooter. I'd say the controls are nice and simple.

24. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I was commenting more on the tone and general above-excellence of both games' teasers, not the gameplay.

25. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    On August 15th, I played the Transformers Fall Of Cybertron at my friend's place who downloaded it from the PSN. I went on PSN last night at my place and the demo's not available for download. Any idea why it was taken down?