main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Transparency and Time machine

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by L0RD VADER, Jul 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. L0RD VADER

L0RD VADER Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    I remember how transparency around the filming of Episode III was handled: there was almost none for those of us subscribing to "Hyperspace" we could follow the webcams of the filming "live"... I literally had no life back then.

July 2003:

Episode III

http://web.archive.org/web/20030624201354/http://theforce.net/episode3/

Episode I and II: it was a little different... Though, at the same point in time, we already had casting confirmation and not far ahead, the first photos from the set and solid spoilers.

July 2000

Episode II

http://web.archive.org/web/20000622015740/http://www.theforce.net/episode2/index.html

How do you think it will be handled this time?

Now with Twitter and the speed a news take to reach all over the world.

And what impact it will have on this very website?

My reflex has always been to reach out for THEFORCE.NET for my daily dose of Star Wars for the last 15 years :)

2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Whatever BTS before the movie came out during the production of the PT, expect even less with Abrams at the helm. Guy locks down on everything. He'd probably have the production diaries Hyperspace crew deported to China. As for spy pic spoilerly stuff, I'd say the odds are even less because Abrams got nailed with a spy pic when shooting "Into Darkness" so it'd be probably more secure. First official thing we see from this movie will probably be a trailer.

Joe Antonetti and Mr. K like this.
  3. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I think there will be less transparency since abrams is secretive and rightly so. There's too much information release IMO. I don't want to see all the spoilers before I go to see the movie. I want a fresh experience.

Lee_ and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  4. Sith_Knight087

Sith_Knight087 Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 5, 2012
    I don't think Abrams will be as secretive with Episode VII as he was with Into Darkness, but still secretive enough to keep people speculating.

5. Mr. K

Mr. K Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 1999
    Kathy Kennedy does have a say in what goes out to the fans. JJ has a very solid reputation for keeping everything locked tight, but KK could loosen the reins to keep interest fresh (not that SW needs any help there).

6. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    First, this is another thing Abrams will not be in charge of. Whatever they decide to do in terms of sharing with us will be a Lucasfilm and/or Disney decision.

Second, this is another thing that we are not entitled to. They dont have to do anything, and even though I have no self control, I hope they lock everything down so tight that we dont know anything until our butts are in the theater. :)

I would prefer to stay completely spoiler free, but I know that wont happen.

7. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    If the past is any indication, there will be insiders...and they will invariably leak info. I'm certain the chances of this are even greater than in the past as there are far more avenues for information to filter out. We'll get our spoilers no matter who is in charge or what safeguards are put in place.

8. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    I don't disagree with that. I'm sure things will get out.

My point was that Abrams will not be the one making the call on doing something like Hyperspace during production.

9. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    edit: didn't see the word "not" in the above post

10. L0RD VADER

L0RD VADER Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    Good point Mr K, STAR WARS is a business, and even though the Prequels were a disappointment (for some of us ;) ), GL certainly was a cunning business wiz, in between movie$$$, keeping the fanbase interest and hype high. Hyperspace was brilliant.

Disney + J J legendary viral marketing (Cloverfield, Super 8...) = ??? Interesting :)

Slusho in Mos Eisley cantina for sure :)

Mr. K likes this.
  11. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    I agree. It will be interesting to see how J.J.'s famed 'Mystery Box' fares against the marketing / publicity monster of Disney. Sort of like the Empire vs. the fabled Insignificant Rebellion, IMO. ;)

Sean Sinclair and LunarMoth like this.
  12. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I think there's less spoilers. At least I hope there is, I don't want everything spoiled. It's no fun after awhile, and I'd avoid the internet the next two years if I could. Unfortunately, I have no will power. But there's hope since I've heard JJ can be secretive.

13. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    I wholeheartedly disagree. Just because the sheer weight of the project, I think that JJ will do his best to keep the film under wraps, especially if there is a twist or something which can be taken out of context to sound awful, such as the Mandarin twist in IM3. I think the only news we will get during shooting will be leaks.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 4 Beta

14. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    This would be a subject better discussed here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.