main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pacific Travels with Yoda Thread 2.0 - Current Location: Sacramento, CA

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Miana Kenobi, Aug 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Original Thread

We're moving the thread to it's new home over here. :)

Long story short: In the summer of 2005, a little interactive Yoda started a journey around the world. It took him 2 years to get out of Europe; the little bloke got himself lost in London, lost in the French Postal System, but still managed to enjoy the sights in 8 European countries.

Yoda currently is living it up in Malaysia and heading to Singapore soon, then he will be continuing down under to enjoy Aussie hospitality (the one's highlighted are the completed ones).

Here's the little master's travel itinerary:

1. London, England
    2. Midlands England
    3. Wales

<s>4. France</s> (Never made it. :( )
    5. Germany
    6. Belgium
    7. The Netherlands
    8. Denmark
    9. Sweden
    10. Romania
    11. Greece
    12. Malaysia
    13. Singapore
    14. Western Australia
    15. Southern Australia
    16. Queensland, Australia
    17. New South Wales, Australia
    18. New Zealand
    19. Oahu, Hawaii
    20. San Diego, California
    21. Inland Empire, California
    22. Orange County, California
    23. Los Angeles, California
    24. San Francisco, California

25. Sacramento, California
    26. Spokane, Washington
    27. Everett, Washington
    28. Victoria, British Columbia - Canada
    29. Anchorage, Alaska
    30. Calgary, Alberta - Canada
    31. Twin Cities, Minnesota
    32. Des Moines, Iowa
    33. Kansas City, Missouri
    34. Canton, Ohio *New!*
    35. Cleveland, Ohio
    36. London, Ontario - Canada
    37. Toronto, Ontario - Canada
    38. Halton Region, Ontario - Canada
    39. Niagara, Ontario - Canada
    40. Buffalo, New York
    41. Rochester, New York
    42. Montréal, Quebec, Canada
    43. Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada
    44. New York City, New York
    45. New Jersey
    46. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    47. Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    48. Washington DC
    49. Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
    50. Charlotte, North Carolina
    51. Daytona Beach, Florida
    52. Macon, Georgia
    53. Alabama Syndicate
    54. Birmingham, Alabama
    55. Chattanooga, Tennessee
    56. Nashville, Tennessee
    57. Memphis, Tennessee
    58. Arkansas
    59. Lafayette, Louisiana
    60. San Antonio, Texas
    61. Tyler, Texas
    62. Panama
    63. Chile
    64. Southern New Mexico, New Mexico
    65. Albuquerque, New Mexico
    66. Southern Colorado, Colorado
    67. Denver, Colorado
    68. Salt Lake City, Utah
    69. Provo, Utah
    70. Tucson, Arizona
    71. Phoenix, Arizona
    72. Southern Nevada, Nevada
    73. HOME!!

As you can see, he's got a ways to go. :p But the little Master keeps on trucking and will get there eventually. :D

Yoda's website is http://www.travelswithyoda.com and I promise to update it soon.

2. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003

Thanks for moving this, Miana. Could we make it a sticky"?

And for all of you that are participating....my Classroom is looking forward to this years adventures!!!!

YEAH!!!!!!!!

:D

3. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    No need to sticky it. Stuff doesn't fall very far on here. :p

4. Jedi_Nat

Jedi_Nat Jedi Master star 5

Nov 28, 2000
    Not long until our little green friend reaches the sunny shores of Western Australia! Pity I couldn't take him to the big footy match that was on on the weekend. I have some sights planned for Yoda to visit. Even planning a road trip to visit some country members.

BTW, better fix up the link to the website. If you click on it, it comes up as an error. Best to get rid of the comma at the end!

5. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Thanks Nat!

I totally will update the website... someday.

6. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Wow! This has taken a long time. I hope that each chapter will start to only keep him a week and send him on. That way maybe we'll see him sometime in 2009. :p

7. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    2009? I think you may be a bit optimistic there.:p

Seriously though I am glad we got him in the beginning of his journey. I fear some may have lost intrest by the time he shows up.

While sending him on after a week would greatly speed up things, then I find that it was difficult enough to gather folks in the 2 weeks window given at the time. This is partly because you never know when he will be there untill he arrives.
    I would say, that if people would just send him on after 2 weeks as the original plan was, then much would be gained.
    And writing in this thread approximately when the next host can expect him (aprox. shipping time) would also help towards planning things/trips.

Sorry to be bitching about this, I just think that it must suck to have joined in on this in 2005 and not get him untill several years later.:(

There was a Vader sent around the world some years ago. I don't know how they delt with this issue, but perhaps some experience and adwise can be gained from the people behind that event - if he ever made it back to his place of origin.
    And also Master Replicas are currently sending Kermit around the world. Perhaps they have a different set of rules for his world tour.

As for pictures, then I thought that they were supposed to be sent to Miana (as I did), but if you prefer, Miana, then I can upload them on my own site, so you can just add the link to the site?!:confused:

8. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Hey..he was supposed to be back in my hands in time for CIV...so CV anyone?

9. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    The problem is that people don't send him on after his two weeks are done. Theoretically, Yoda was already supposed to be back in the United States by now, and he hasn't even hit Australia. However, groups have been taking their time. The problem is that I can't just go knock on their door and take Yoda from place to place; it's up to each group to take responsibility and actually stick to the plan. However, people won't. :(

10. me-gonk

me-gonk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    His extended visit to the French Postal Service didn't help speed things along either LOL
    But yeah, it's really frustrating that it's taking this long.

11. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    His 3 month stay in London, 3 months between France and Wales, and extra few weeks in a lot of countries haven't helped either. :p

12. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    When Yoda finally visits WA, I'll try to keep him to the two week time frame. Hopefully the members in Kalgoorlie will accept a meet on such short notice, as I have a 6 hour drive from Perth to look forward to. Then it's a 6 hour drive back...

13. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Ouch 6 hours?? I feel spoiled; it's a whole 1-2 hours from San Diego to the Inland Empire contact person. Less if we both go to an event together. :(

I hope the scenery is nice, at least!

14. Vesper2112

Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN star 4

Nov 14, 2003
    We've been keeping a light on for him, but we keep having to change the bulbs! [face_laugh]

Naaa... let Yoda have fun. How often does he get to take a 5 year travelling vacation? We'll show him a good time when he reaches Chattanooga, TN. Let's just hope it's not during the Halloween season or our PR officer will have a little too much fun. [face_skull]

15. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    WA is the biggest state in Australia. I could take him up to Karratha and Derby in the north, but that's like a four hour plane flight. At least Yoda can go gold panning in Kalgoorlie, as that's a mining town.

16. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Well apparantly Yoda's taking longer in Malaysia because he's seeing ALL of Malaysia. :oops: He's finally going to be on his way to Singapore in a few days.

17. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    Whoa! I'd like him to see all of WA, but that would take a while. And not to forget, a lot of money. I'll stick to the metro area of Perth and the one stop to visit members in the country.

18. MajinKaze

MajinKaze Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 1, 2005
    I forgot about him coming to Anchorage. Since there really isn't an Alaska Fan Force, you guys want him to still come here? =P

19. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    We've got big plans for Yoda when he finally makes it to the IEFF!

20. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Has Yoda arrived in Singapore yet?
    If not, then it seems to me, that Malaysia have had him for more than 3 month, could this really be right?

This is me bitching... again. I am sorry, but I may soon be leaving theese boards, so you all won't have to listen to me.

Anyway, the founders of this project are to polite to say this, but could people PLEASE have enough respect for them, the project and the following hosts to ship the little guy of as close to the two WEEKS as possible.
    I am sure everyone enjoys taking Yoda around to various places, and therefore could easily use more time with planning between people and all (I know I would have liked some more time), but other people are waiting and this has already taken years. So again I urge you all, in respect to everyone involved in this project, to please send him off as close to the two weeks as possible.

Again, I am sorry to be bitching about this, but I am sure this must be quite frustrating for people to wait for month and years for the little guy to show up. And like I have said before, I fear some will have lost interest in this by the time he shows up - not to mention, that with the more strict rules enforced, some FanForce Chapters may not even be around any longer, when it was suppose to be their turn to have Yoda.

Have a safe and speedy journey Yoda[face_peace] .

21. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    I was hoping to take Yoda to an AFL (Aussie Rules Footy) match, but the season has nearly finished. :(

22. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    :( I'm really sorry, guys. I've been nagging, but there's nothing else I really can do.

23. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    I'll take him to a cricket match instead.

24. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Well good news; Yoda's FINALLY on his way to Singapore. :)

25. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    FINALLY!!! Pics?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.