main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC [Trbute thread] Cat Companion: We had 18 great years

Discussion in 'Community' started by Valairy Scot, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    With my photoshop (not) skills, the "red eye" becomes blatantly fake-colored. (Tips are welcome. BTW, I had Elements 6 and Lightroom - the latter I don't know much about yet.)

2. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    I got my first cat back in 2005, thanks to the encouragement of JediYvette.

Since then, I've left that first cat (and my first pet ever) with my mom and dad after I moved out. Now my fiancee and I have three cats (a hefty 20-pounder, a scrawny hyperactive manx, and a tiny female--Oogie Boogie, Starvin' Marvin, and Molly respectively) and a giant golden retriever/german shepard mix.

That said, since I've been so late to jump on the pet wagon, I have yet to endure the pain of losing one.

I honestly can't even imagine that. People in my life have died (acquaintances and friends, various relatives), but (and perhaps this is bad of me, who knows) I fear none of those have prepared me for enduring the loss of a constant companion. Pets are just so innocent with the love they give you, imo. They can't express their feelings with words, but the struggle to understand each other's physical cues, I think, adds to the intricacy of the special relationship they build with you.

My most sincere condolences for that relationship suddenly ending.

MrZAP likes this.
  3. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    How's you new kitty, Val. Is she settling in ok?

4. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Well, 12 years after this thread started, my "new" cat Kahlua (photos on page 1) is still going strong; she's a big (heavy!) independent cat who likes to stay near, but not on, me. However, 3 weeks after getting Kahlua, I got my gentle, affectionate, black Tortie, Brandy, who declined from 10 or so pounds to less than 5 - probably intestinal cancer. She was the purrfect companion to Kahlua - different but complimentary personalities, the vets called her "L'il Miss Brandy" years ago because she was so gentle natured and purred up a storm just looking at you (she was in for teeth cleaning and would purr anytime anyone walked by).

It was her time yesterday. In her honor:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    And one of Kahlua: [​IMG]

TCF-1138 , tom, Darth Guy and 2 others like this.
  5. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    I’m so sorry. May her memory be a blessing.

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011