main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

2. Greetings, Guest

The Fall 2019 RPF Awards is in the voting phase over in the Resource Forum.

Be sure to swing by, view the nominees and cast your vote (via PM) before the 26th November.

Star Wars Treasures of the Past [Closed SW RP]

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by JaMojo, Mar 9, 2014.

1. bratprince9669

bratprince9669 Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 9, 2014
    Reno kept his eye on the men as they walked away, and then he boarded the ship as well. "We need to get this bird in the Air. Dew, can you treat Mowolu?!"

2. JaMojo

JaMojo Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 24, 2014
    The men walked out of the docking bay as the party entered the ship. There was nobody else on the ship, but Dew's little droid was sitting near the entrance, somehow looking fierce until the ramp closed up.

3. CoLRaven

CoLRaven Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 3, 2014
    Mowlu laid down in the medbay, waiting for some as he could barely stand on his own at this point.

4. bobxrion

bobxrion Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 9, 2014
    Dew starts to get to work on Mowlu.

5. RannTalon

RannTalon Jedi Padawan

Apr 27, 2014
    Hal went straight to the nav computer and plugged in his datapad into the port. He knew those men weren't who they had said they were and he was extremely suspicious as to their intentions aboard his new friends ship.

"I'm going to run a diagnostic of the ships systems before we make any kind of jump to lightspeed." Hal said, to nobody really in particular. He just hoped that whoever was flying heard him. "I don't trust the men who were onboard earlier. I think they were up to no good."

As he spoke his hands flew over his datapad, producing a code that would scan the ships hardware and software for any abnormal subroutines or modifications known to be malicious.

6. JaMojo

Feb 24, 2014
    Reno acknowledged Hals comment with a short nod as he prepped the ship for takeoff. Communicating the correct information to the spaceport and NarShaddaa Command, he was quickly given approval as he exited the docking bay they were in.

Hal's scan of the computer systems was fairly normal, but one thing stood out immediately. Part of the Nav Computer was locked. It's function was fine if you intended to plot a new course using the existing starmaps if you already knew the location you were traveling to, but anything beyond that like looking up previous courses, manually updating the starmaps (automatic updates were enabled for most star systems), or browsing data that had been uploaded was cut off. When any of the restricted functions were accessed, a warning came on the screen, "Restricted Access" with no prompt to input a password or code of any kind. All the other functions of the ship were fine, only things beyond the simplest uses of the Nav Computer were restricted.

The Med bay was well equipped for Dew dealing with Mowlu's condition. It had everything he needed, despite his limited knowledge.

7. RannTalon

RannTalon Jedi Padawan

Apr 27, 2014
    "What the..." Hal mumbled as he came up against another Restricted Access firewall.

"Excuse me...Reno was it?" He said turning to the man flying the ship. "Did you or any of your shipmates security lock a portion of the nav computer? Because if you didn't, it looks like someone has altered the computer."

Before he even heard a response, his fingers were flying over his datapad again. He knew he wouldn't be able to gain access to the restricted areas right away. That would most likely take an hour of hacking or so. But he might be able to check the nav port for signatures left by any other hacker. Traces of their code left behind if they had had to quickly make an exit.

8. bratprince9669

Mar 9, 2014
    Reno had done no such thing. "No, none of us messed with it as far as I know" he replied.

9. bobxrion

Mar 9, 2014
    Dew administered the drugs the computer suggested. Mowlu should be getting better. Dew decided that the party might need Mowlu so he also gave him a shot of adrenaline so he would be active in case something happened

10. CoLRaven

Mar 3, 2014
    Mowlu shakes his head as he sits up. "Bloody headache.. Thanks oaf." Mowlu jumps off the the table somewhat wobbly. "Lets head to the bridge." He brushed past Dew roughly as he heads out the door to go to the bridge with the others.

11. JaMojo

Feb 24, 2014
    By the time Dew and Mowlu were in the cockpit, the ship was well on it's way out of NarShaddaa's atmosphere, to wherever it was decided it's occupants should go.

12. RannTalon

RannTalon Jedi Padawan

Apr 27, 2014
    Hal sat there confounded. The code that locked part of the nav computer looked a lot like his own but he hadn't programmed it. An imitator maybe? He glanced up as the others came in to the cockpit but didn't say anything as he was already on his second attempt at breaking through the lock.

13. CoLRaven

Mar 3, 2014
    "So whats going on, and where are we heading... " Mowlu says as he enters the cockpit. "What's Slicer dude doing?" Mowlu gestures in Hal's direction.

14. bratprince9669

Mar 9, 2014
    Reno looks to Mowlu "Our destination is Coruscant. Hal said something about the computer being tampered with and he is looking into it. Has your injury been treated?"

15. CoLRaven

Mar 3, 2014
    "Ya, I'll make it. Nothing keeps me down for long." Mowlu looks around before grabbing a seat. "So basically we're waiting on Slicer there to get into the Nav, and see what this baby is hiding eh? It better be worth it."

16. bobxrion

Mar 9, 2014
    Dew stands there not sure what to do... so he stays quiet

17. JaMojo

Feb 24, 2014
    Hal was focused on what he was doing he mumbled, "Nothing yet" just loud enough to be heard.

18. bobxrion

Mar 9, 2014
    Dew was slightly frustrated with Hal, but decided to leave him alone for now. then he said "can we go ahead and start on the way to Coruscant? without him finishing what he is doing?"

19. CoLRaven

Mar 3, 2014
    "I think we should wait and see what's hiding in the Nav system.. Never know what it might be. And it could be useful. I mean, consider the fact we didn't even think to check it when we were last on this ship." Mowlu says to Dew.

20. RannTalon

RannTalon Jedi Padawan

Apr 27, 2014
    Hal continues his search in the nav computer, hoping to find anything that might be a clue.

21. JaMojo

Feb 24, 2014
    Hal suddenly looks up, "I did it." He smiles, "If you check the Nav Computer, it should be unlocked."

22. bobxrion

Mar 9, 2014
    "well" Dew looking at Reno "anything different?"

23. bratprince9669

Mar 9, 2014
    Reno inspected the nav computer was happy with what he saw. "this girl has all the co-ordinates we are ever going to need. I think I like this."

Reno set a course for Couroscant. "Corouscant has been the plan for a while now, unless anyone has an objection."

24. JaMojo

Feb 24, 2014
    Now that things seemed to be slow down and they would obviously have some time now, Hal decided it was time to understand what the whole situation was, "So guys, why are we going to Coruscant? You could already do that with the lock on the Nav Computer, so why did I need to unlock it?"

25. CoLRaven

Mar 3, 2014
    "Because, honestly, I don't think our answers would be on the core world. Considering what obstacles we had already, and the fact that it appears that Sith seem to have some interest in all this as well. I highly doubt that our true destination is Coruscant, I think flyboy there just wants to stay in familiar territory. What's the previous flight plans this ship had taken before we had commandeered it?"