main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Trials of a Jedi Padawan-Cleaya Montu ("Dear Diary" 2008- OCs)- updated 12/6 ~(Black or White?)~

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by silverfighter, Jan 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silverfighter

silverfighter Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 28, 2007
    Title: Trials of a Jedi Padawan-Cleaya Montu
    Author: silverfighter
    Timeframe: 500 years or so before The Phantom Menace
    Summary: Twenty-one year old Cleaya Montu is given a journal from her Master, which she uses to chronicle her life until she takes on her own Padawan.
    Notes: This is my first story I have posted on here, so I'm just a tad nervous... If I made any mistakes, TELL ME! :)

*****(())*****

PM List

KELIA
    Meridith_Kenobi
    jedidas3
    Blue_Lightsaber42
    SUGARBANTJINN
    arthurweasley
    Trika_Kenobi
    Fel_Freak228
    MandalorianLegecy
    Jinngerbread

TrulyGhent's fanart of Cleaya, and a song that I have listened to for almost every post I've written so far.

*****(())*****

I am Cleaya Montu. Today I turn twenty-one years old. As a Jedi, traditionally the only birthday that is recognized with gifts is the thirteenth, but this morning my master surprised me with this journal. Evia Lloal is a strong Jedi Master, and I am very grateful to be studying under her. She told me that while a Jedi has no possessions, we are entitled to our thoughts and memories, and if we write them down, we can then share them with others years after they are thought.

I am not accustomed to writing for myself. I have no trouble filling out papers after a mission, or writing a short note for someone, but actually spending time for myself will take some getting used to. I am sure that someday if I reread this, I will laugh about how uptight I am. Evia is constantly telling me to relax. I hope that as this journal progresses I will notice a difference in my writing.

I think one of the major problems with writing in a journal is figuring out what to say. Should I recount my day, or write my thoughts? Today was no different from the rest that I spend at the Jedi Temple; I woke up, ate my morning meal, spent time working on lightsaber katas, tried to spend time on my studies in galactic history (not one of my strong points at all), ate my midday meal, meditated with Evia, went for a swim, and now I am sitting here writing in this journal. Nothing really special or exciting. Maybe if I take this with me on missions, I will have more to write about.

Evia just walked in and told me to prepare for some sparring. She seemed rather pleased to see me writing. Little does she know how difficult it is for me. I wonder if she ever kept a journal? She seems to me like the type of person that would. She never has issues with telling me what she is thinking, or how she feels. I think it?s special that she trusts me to her feelings. I tend to keep what I think and feel to myself. I should probably work on that.

*****(())*****

So yeah. I'm sure that there are mistakes in there... Just point them out, and I'll fix them. :)

1-25 Edit: Thanks to TrulyGhent who pointed out that I spelled "meditated" wrong. I spelled it mediated. :p

2. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Very nice beginning

I can totally sympathize with Cleaya agonizing over what to write. It can be a bit tough getting started but I look forward to her adventures.

Can you please PM me when you update?

Looking forward to more

=D= =D= =D= =D=

3. SUGARBANTJINN

SUGARBANTJINN Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2007
    mistakes? I see none! wtg, silver!!!! *high fives* i love it! can't wait to read more!

4. Meredith_Kenobi

Meredith_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Lovely. =D= I look forward to reading more about your OC.

If you're doing a PM list, please add me to it. [face_batting]

5. silverfighter

Apr 28, 2007
    Thanks to you all for your nice comments. [face_blush]

KELIA: I can totally sympathize with Cleaya agonizing over what to write. It can be a bit tough getting started but I look forward to her adventures.

I always have trouble with first parts of stories and my own journals, so I thought maybe Cleaya would have some trouble as well. ;) Her adventures will be rather interesting, if I can get them from my brain to paper correctly. [face_peace]

SUGARBANTJINN: mistakes? I see none! wtg, silver!!!! *high fives* i love it! can't wait to read more!

Thank you, Bant. [face_blush] :D

Meredith_Kenobi: Lovely. I look forward to reading more about your OC.

:D I look forward to writing about her. I have many OCs, but I never really payed attention to poor Cleaya, so I thought I would for the challenge. :)

Since I don't have too much written for this story yet, posts for the next few weeks or so will be rather short, but when I figure out how much story I have to work with, they may become longer. ;) I'm thinking I'll put up a new post this weekend...

PM List

KELIA
    Meridith_Kenobi

6. jedidas3

jedidas3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    What a really nice beginning! =D= I'm looking forward to learning more about Cleaya. Please PM me when you update. Once again, great job!

7. silverfighter

Apr 28, 2007
    jedidas3: What a really nice beginning!
    Thank you very much! :)

PM List

KELIA
    Meridith_Kenobi
    jedidas3

Just a warning: This story may become rather dark as it progresses... I have about three updates worth of story written and if I stick with what I have written and stick with what I have planned... You have been warned. [face_devil]

Oh, the whispers Cleaya hears in this entry is the Force speaking to her. I don't know if I made that obvious enough?

*****(())*****

The Next Day

*****(())*****

Today as I was walking back to my room from the dining hall the whispers started. Little voices that seemed to surround me filled my head until I thought I would burst. Dark voices, Light voices, voices from the past, present and future, all calling out at once. And after what felt like hours (but what was really only a matter of seconds) they fell silent. I stood where I was for a moment, not sure what to do when a single voice came back. It led me to the gardens, to a rock where Master Evia was perched, meditating. The voice told me to wait, so wait I did. For a long hour I sat before Evia, the voice encouraging me to remain. When she finally opened her eyes, the voice was gone, and I noticed how uneasy she seemed. When I asked her what was wrong, she told me slowly, ?I do not want to burden you with what I have seen. Not yet.?

As a Jedi, I know I should respect my Master?s wishes and not invade her privacy, but the voices are telling me that if I do not find out what she saw before she tells me, something will happen. Something potentially catastrophic.

*****(())*****

An Hour Later

*****(())*****

An ominous storm is brewing outside the Temple. It would reflect my feelings if I didn?t already squash them. I have been taught since I was young that I should release my feelings to the Force. I have never had that ability, so instead I throw them aside. They will catch up with me eventually.

I was rather stressed, and listening to the storm grow is soothing. Evia has left our quarters on an unnamed mission, but she told me that she will be back in the morning. She still seems rather worried about that vision. Frankly, I am too. It has changed her so drastically that some of the things I said about her yesterday no longer apply.

The thunder is getting louder, the lightning brighter. The rain is falling in heavy sheets, blown up against my window by a rough wind. When I glanced out the window a shaft of lighting crashed across the sky, breaking off into many different branches before disappearing. It is so beautiful, yet holds a power so lethal it makes the strongest being quake. Almost like Evia.

Oh Force, I am so worried about her. I tried to take my mind off of her by writing about the storm but even then she came back to my head. I need to go find someone to spar with me. That will take my mind off of her.

*****(())*****

8. Blue_Lightsaber42

Blue_Lightsaber42 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2007
    Woohoo! Yay silver, awesome story!=D= Add me to that PM list, please!
    Don't worry Cleaya, she'll be back in the morning. Or will she? *looks up silver's sleeve* Hmm...[face_thinking]

9. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Oh my, I hope nothing has happened to Evia.

I do not want to burden you with what I have seen. Not yet.

Uh oh!

[face_worried] [face_worried] [face_worried] [face_worried]

Very nice update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

10. Meredith_Kenobi

Jul 20, 2005
    I wonder what the vision is???

Nice update. The description of the storm was wonderful. =D=

More soon!

11. jedidas3

Apr 25, 2007
    Nice update. Lots of foreboding in this...I too hope that Evia will return, but something tells me otherwise. Great job and thank you for the PM.[:D]

12. SUGARBANTJINN

Apr 12, 2007
    WOW! you've certainly got me on the edge of my seat! I can't wait for the next update!

if you don't mind,m could u add me to the PM list? [:D]

13. silverfighter

Apr 28, 2007
    First off, sorry if my replies to your replies are... vague... but I already know how I'm going to end the story, so I'm trying to not give anything away! :p

Blue_Lightsaber42: Woohoo! Yay silver, awesome story! Add me to that PM list, please!

((adds Bl)) :p

Don't worry Cleaya, she'll be back in the morning. Or will she? *looks up silver's sleeve* Hmm...

Yes, will she be back? [face_devil]

KELIA: Oh my, I hope nothing has happened to Evia.

((cackles)) So glad to see that I'm worrying people already... :p

Meredith_Kenobi: I wonder what the vision is???

You'll find out in due time... :)

The description of the storm was wonderful.

[face_blush] Thank you. I can sometimes get so caught up in describing things... Glad to see that it worked out nicely :D

jedidas3:
    Lots of foreboding in this...

Foreboding? Yeah, you could say that. ;)

Great job and thank you for the PM.

Thank you, and you're welcome!

SUGARBANTJINN: WOW! you've certainly got me on the edge of my seat!

Did I really? That's exciting (for me at least)! :p

if you don't mind,m could u add me to the PM list?

Yup yup yup! ((adds SUGARBANTJINN))

PM List

KELIA
    Meridith_Kenobi
    jedidas3
    Blue_Lightsaber42
    SUGARBANTJINN

Next update will be anywhere between this coming Monday-Thursday. :)

14. silverfighter

Apr 28, 2007
    This post is a bit longer, just a warning. A rather rabid plot bunny attacked me this weekend. :D

*****(())*****

Early the Next Morning

*****(())*****

The storm has passed. I stayed up all night watching it from my window. The rising sun is illuminating the tall buildings of Coruscant, many of which are now damaged. From the balcony outside my quarters I can see numerous broken windows, overturned speeders on disheveled docking bays, and blown in doors.

I just got a call from the Mission?s Coordinator. Evia and I are to report to the Main Entrance as soon as possible. Calls for help have been pouring in since late last night, and Evia and I have been assigned to Team 3. Our transport leaves in half an hour. I will give my Master fifteen minutes before I leave to meet with the other team members without her. A Jedi?s first mission is her duty and the help for other beings, not her own personal life. If Evia does not show, so be it. For now I must worry about a quick morning warm-up and breakfast.

*****(())*****

One Hour Later

*****(())*****

Team 3 has been sent to a district that is forty kilometers away. With all that happened with the storm last night there is a lot of traffic, so I have time to write.

Evia still had not arrived by the time I left my quarters, so I stuck a note on her door telling her where I am. If she finds it in time, she will join us, but I don?t think she will. I have no idea where she is right now, and I do not know her business, so I could not guess how long she will be.

District 3692 is one of the worst hit areas, plagued by flooding and much wind damage. Team 1 went through here last night, but there was still much to do when they had to move on. There are over fifty individuals on this team, and each has been assigned certain tasks. My first job is reviewing a small boarding school where many children were trapped during the storm. The roof collapsed, most windows shattered. The first team was not able to reach the school earlier due to high flood waters, so I do not know what I will find.

A young initiate has been assigned to work with me. Her name is Kadi-Ahn. She is short, but well built, and can probably crawl into small places that I can not. I hope for her sake we will not see anything too graphic. She is only twelve years old. She still has an air of innocence around her person, but a grave and solemn face. A bright fire burns behind her blue eyes and she has her long brown hair tied into many braids that dangle from her head. She reminds me of myself at that age. So young yet already so comfortable with life. She even looks like how I looked in a way, except I wore my own red hair in one braid instead of?however many she has.

Another young initiate just made a rather morose yet humorous comment that I will not write here, but I observed that while she may seem serious, Kadi-Ahn does know how to smile. It is very reassuring to know that she has a sense of humor. Albeit a rather morbid one, but a sense of humor just the same. Evia always can make me smile on a difficult mission, and since she is not here, Kadi-Ahn will take her place for me.

*****(())*****

Eight Hours Later

*****(())*****

It is already the fifteenth hour, and Kadi-Ahn and I are just now sitting down for a lunch break. We went to the boarding school immediately after disembarking the transport and found disaster. The roof had indeed collapsed, and standing at the boarder of the play yard we could already hear young children crying for help. Once we freed everyone who was still living (forty-nine out of sixty-six children and fifteen out of eighteen teachers) and helped arrange for removal of the bodies (being only a Jedi Padawan I am not qualified to do so without the presence of someone with the rank of Knight or higher), we went to our next task: Searching the area of a collapsed building for survivors. We relieved the two Jedi who were working the

15. jedidas3

Apr 25, 2007
    What a great update to come back to. =D= I think that you are doing extremely well in pacing this story. I'm telling you though, I have a bad feeling about this! [face_worried] Wonderful job!

16. Blue_Lightsaber42

Blue_Lightsaber42 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2007
    That was great!=D=
    Evia, you'd better get back soon...[face_shame_on_you]

17. Meredith_Kenobi

Jul 20, 2005
    Great update! It wasn't too long at all - I could easily have stomached more. :p It was descriptive, to be sure, but in the best possible way. It kept me interested, it kept me reading, it made me want to read more.

I really like Kadi-Ahn. She seems to have a very interesting personality. @};-

Evia, where the heck are you? [face_worried]

Nice work on this update, silverfighter. =D=

18. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Evia has still not shown up?

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Considering how helpful she could have been to the citizens of Coruscant, that can not be a good thing.

[face_worried] [face_worried] [face_worried]

I admire her padawn for her being able to push any concern away and do her duty.

I love how caring Kadi-Ahn was with the poor baby [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

19. TrulyGhent

TrulyGhent Jedi Master star 4

Jun 29, 2007
    I concur with everyone who liked it, and disagree with anyone who didn't (if there even were any) =D=

20. arthurweasley

arthurweasley Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 16, 2008
    I'm riveted! She's so brave to care for others as she does, while unable to help her loved one back home. Please add me to your update list. I, too, am anxious to discover Evia's fate!

21. SUGARBANTJINN

Apr 12, 2007
    AWESOME silver!!! a wonderful update! I am worried about Evia...where in stars sake can she be?! and I'm already in love with little Kiarna!

22. silverfighter

Apr 28, 2007
    jedidas3: Thank you! [face_blush] I'm glad you like it! [:D]

I'm telling you though, I have a bad feeling about this!

As you should... [face_devil]

Blue_Lightsaber42: Thanks! :D And don't worry, Evia will be making an appearance soon... Or will she? ((cackles))

Meredith_Kenobi: Great update! It wasn't too long at all - I could easily have stomached more.

Don't tempt me... I have to get the story to last the entire year for the challenge, so I can't run out of story! I don't think I would, but I'm just being careful. ;) Kadi-Ahn was my first OC I ever created when I was twelve years old. She used to be me inserted into the Star Wars universe, but three years later she has morphed into her own being. She still has some of my characteristics, like all my characters. I'm glad you like her. :) Someday she just might get her own story. Thanks for reading! :D

KELIA: Not a good thing at all that she is still missing. You'll find out soon enough what I plan to do with her, though. [face_devil] I'm sure it was very difficult for Cleaya to do what she had to do and stop her worrying, but after all, this story is called "Trials of a Jedi Padawan"... ;)

I love how caring Kadi-Ahn was with the poor baby

Yeah, that was one of my characteristics that Kadi-Ahn refused to let go of. :p

TrulyGhent: Thanks, Ghent! [:D] I'm very glad you liked it!

arthurweasley: Oooh, the excitement! Another new reader! [face_dancing] So glad you liked it! ((adds arthurweasley to the magical list)) :p

SUGARBANTJINN: You're back! [:D] Thanks for reading! Kiarna is a new character that randomly popped into my head, and I have been wrestling with myself trying to figure out if I want her to come into the story more...

Thanks everyone for reading! The next post should be up sometime next week. :)

PM List

KELIA
    Meridith_Kenobi
    jedidas3
    Blue_Lightsaber42
    SUGARBANTJINN
    arthurweasley

23. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    How in the wide, wide, wacky world of sports did I miss this one?! :eek:

Thanks to TrulyGhent for directing me here! You've done a heck of a job with the story! I'm very interested to see what all happens!

Haha! A familiar description if I were ever to know one! You'll definitely have to keep your eye out for the renewal of the Talon Intelligence Squadron saga... there's a certain character you'd be interested to know. :D

Great job, and put me on that PM list of yours. :)

24. TrulyGhent

TrulyGhent Jedi Master star 4

Jun 29, 2007
    Yay! I have silverfighter's permission to post a fanart of Cleaya that I did, so here it is! [Image=http://usera.imagecave.com/TrulyGhent/CleayaMontuRed.jpg] any comments, good or bad are welcome, hope you like.

25. Fel_Freak228

Fel_Freak228 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 23, 2007
    Oh my gosh Silver!! I finally decided to 'make time';) to read your fanfic, and it's awesome so far!! Really well written, and exciting!! Could you PM me when you update?

Ghent, that's great! A whole lot better then what I could have done.:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.