main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Trials of a Jedi Padawan-Cleaya Montu ("Dear Diary" 2008- OCs)- updated 12/6 ~(Black or White?)~

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by silverfighter, Jan 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrulyGhent

TrulyGhent Jedi Master star 4

Jun 29, 2007
    yay! *jumps up and down excitedly* someone liked it!!!

thanks Felfee!!!

2. silverfighter

silverfighter Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 28, 2007
    First of all, thank you so much for the fanart, Ghent! It really made my day when you showed me the picture. Thank you! [:D]

Trika_Kenobi: You've done a heck of a job with the story! I'm very interested to see what all happens!

Aw sheesh, thanks. [face_blush] I'm glad you like it. :) Is Kadi-Ahn really like one of your Talon characters? Oy, that's interesting. :p ((adds Trika to the allpowerful list))

Fel_Freak228: I finally decided to 'make time' to read your fanfic, and it's awesome so far!! Really well written, and exciting!! Could you PM me when you update?

Thank you, Felf! I'm happy you "made time"... ;) Wow, thanks! [face_blush] ((adds Felf to the fantastical list))

Alright, I think the next post should be up tomorrow, or the very latest Saturday, depending if the fever my sister has is passed to me... [face_worried]

PM List

KELIA
    Meridith_Kenobi
    jedidas3
    Blue_Lightsaber42
    SUGARBANTJINN
    arthurweasley
    Trika_Kenobi
    Fel_Freak228

3. Blue_Lightsaber42

Blue_Lightsaber42 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2007
    Yay, next post up soon! :D And Ghent, that's really good fan art. =D=

4. silverfighter

Apr 28, 2007
    Alright, this didn't really turn out how I was hoping it would, but here it is. :)

*****(())*****

The Next Morning

*****(())*****

Evia has not returned.

After a few restless hours of sleep last night, I rose well before dawn and paced the many halls of the Jedi Temple in a meditative trance. Apparitions flashed before my eyes. A tall ziggurat loomed before me, sparkling in a reddish light near the edge of a field of flowers. Laughing children danced around me, their flashing eyes the brightest shade of green.

But then the stench of hit my nostrils, blowing on a harsh breeze. I blinked, and I saw mass funeral pyres surrounding the ziggurat, the field was on fire and the children were now screaming in . The Dark Side moved, wrapping icy tendrils around my throat. The sun was suddenly blotted out and Evia stood before me, a lightsaber piercing her chest, she gasped: ?Let me go, Cleaya,? and collapsed.

The vision left, and I found myself shaking outside the massive front doors, watching the sun rise. What does it all mean, I wonder? What happened to Evia is one of my darkest nightmares, but all the rest?

*****(())*****

Five Hours Later

*****(())*****

Kadi-Ahn and I are teamed up to continue yesterday?s mission and are assigned a district closer to the Temple, so we went by foot. The morning hours were spent assisting a team of neighboring youths clean up an old diner. A transport had been thrown through the front windows, and combined, Kadi-Ahn and I managed to use the Force and our strength to move it out of the way. After cleaning up all the broken glass and helping the youths with a few more tasks, we all broke for the mid-day meal, and I?m managing to find some time to write.

These youths are a part of an underground system of sorts, I?ve learned. They are the sons and daughters of bounty hunters and warlords, but they have banded together to use their parent?s infamy for good. Or so they say. There is a bigger picture that I am missing, which needs to be found. I should turn them in, but I won?t until I have solid evidence instead of just instinct.

*****(())*****

That Evening

*****(())*****

When I returned to our quarters, I found a note from Evia. I will write it here.

Cleaya-

My mission has been extended, and I apologize for not sending word sooner. I know that you are worried about me, but have courage. Dark times are fast approaching, and we must be ready to face them together. Fear can have no place in our minds. Rely on the Force body and mind for strength.

I have been forced to wait for many different people on this mission, and the only way I have found to pass the time is to think. Do you remember our first mission together, Cleaya? You were so young and nervous, jumping at every shadow and sound, and you nearly impaled me with your lightsaber. Or the time I was trapped in a turbolift and you used butcher knives to scale the shaft? We had to pay for the repair of the shaft and the knives in the end, if my memory serves me.

Oh, what I sight I must look, sitting here in this waiting area, laughing to myself. I have gotten quite a few stares, and some people?s reactions would amuse you. If I recall correctly, when I first took you as my padawan you called the medic to our room because you thought I was delirious, what with my pacing, muttering to myself and sudden bursts of laughter. At times I wonder if I am indeed crazy.

I can not tell you how much longer I will be from the Temple, Cleaya, but know that I am safe and will return as soon as I can. Be watchful, my Padawan, for as I said before: Dark times are near.

-Evia

*****(())*****

Edit: I forgot, I got permission to post this song that reminded me of Cleaya. It's the one song that I've been listening to while I write almost every post so far. :) Here it is.

5. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    Good stuff! I've really enjoyed it all so far! Great update! :D

And if I had visions like that, I'd probably never go to bed. If I did, I'd have to cry myself to sleep or something. :_|

6. Blue_Lightsaber42

Dec 7, 2007
    Aack, visions![face_worried] Evia's ok... right?[face_worried]

7. Meredith_Kenobi

Meredith_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    This definitely seems ominous. Evie assures us that she is all right, but she also says that darkness is on the horizon. Sure she's all right now, but what will happen in the future?!?! *gnaws on fingernails*

I can't wait for more, silverfighter!

8. SUGARBANTJINN

SUGARBANTJINN Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2007
    wow! this is getting rather intense! excellent, as always, silver!

9. arthurweasley

arthurweasley Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 16, 2008
    Evia sounds very nostalgic. I wonder what's making her that way. I love the crazy things Cleaya did when she was young!! I also REALLY like the music!! [face_dancing] I know of other writers that listen to music when they write. I think it brings a deeper insight into the characters to know the sounds you associate with them. Very cool!!

10. jedidas3

jedidas3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    Great job with this update! =D= I have to tell you that you really have me worried about Evia. So, the best thing for you to do is to update quickly!;) [face_praying]

11. Fel_Freak228

Fel_Freak228 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 23, 2007
    Oh! Visions! I love visions!! Well I guess Cleaya's was a little creepy, but I loved it anyway!:D Update soon!

12. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Oh dear, between Cleaya's vision and Evia's message of dark times being near, I can tell times will be tense for quiet awhile!

I am glad to see Evia got a message through, and how typical she would be more concerned for her padawan than herself.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

13. silverfighter

Apr 28, 2007
    Trika_Kenobi: Thanks! :D The only problem with not going to sleep is that Cleaya had this vision while she was awake... ;)

Blue_Lightsaber42: Yes, visions. :p Possibly one of the most fun (and hardest) things to come up with for me. :) Aye, Evia is fine, and unless another plot bunny bites you may see her rather soon.

Meredith_Kenobi: Sure she's all right now, but what will happen in the future?!?! *gnaws on fingernails*

Ahh, someone who sees into the future for this story. :p You're right that something rather major (not necessarily involving Evia, however) will happen over the horizon, but we still have to get there. :)

SUGARBANTJINN: I love intense things. [face_devil] Thank you, although I don't really know if I would call my writing "excellent"...

arthurweasley: Evia tends to be rather nostalgic under normal circumstances, but you're right, she was a tad more so then normal in this letter.

I also REALLY like the music!! I know of other writers that listen to music when they write. I think it brings a deeper insight into the characters to know the sounds you associate with them. Very cool!!

I'm glad you do! I actually can't write without music almost at all, so I always end up with all these songs for certain characters... :p

jedidas3: Thank you! :D And if the plot bunnies release me from my "original story dungeon", then I'm hoping for the next entry to be up around Valentine's Day. :)

Fel_Freak228: Maybe I should have her have some visions based off of my dreams. Then you would know the true definition of "creepy". [face_worried] I'm glad you liked it!

KELIA: Oh dear, between Cleaya's vision and Evia's message of dark times being near, I can tell times will be tense for quiet awhile!

That they will. I'm really rather excited to write about what will happen to her, I have some really good ideas. The only problem is that I might end up with too much plot so I might have to cut some of it out... :p

I am glad to see Evia got a message through, and how typical she would be more concerned for her padawan than herself.

Cleaya tries to push away concerns like Evia as well, but she has some more difficulties then her Master. :)

Thanks to everyone for reading! It means a lot to me! [:D] Like I said before, I am aiming for posting the next entry around Valentine's day, but only of my Muses allow me. :)

14. TrulyGhent

TrulyGhent Jedi Master star 4

Jun 29, 2007
    Awesome post Silver! [facE_applause]
    also:
    creepy [face_plain]
    scary [face_worried]
    suspenseful [face_mischief]
    has-me-hooked [face_hypnotized]

keep up the good work! =D= [:D] =D= [:D] =D= [:D] =D= [:D] =D= [:D] =D= [:D] =D= [:D] =D= [:D] =D= [:D] =D= [:D]'

edit: thanks everyone for accepting my fanart so well!

15. silverfighter

Apr 28, 2007
    TrulyGhent: Aww sheesh, Ghent. Thanks! [face_blush] [:D]

Okay, so obviously I didn't get to post on Valentine's Day as I had been hoping, but hey, President's Day is just as good. :p This next post should be up in a matter of hours, if all works well. :) Darkness is looming on the horizon...

Thanks to everyone who's been reading this story! It means a lot to me!
    [:D]

16. silverfighter

Apr 28, 2007
    I am not too horribly pleased with how this came out, but then again I am almost never satisfied with what I write, so here it is. :D

*****(())*****

Three Days Later

*****(())*****

This morning Tomi and I met in one of the training rooms for a morning workout and sparing practice. We were warming up, when he asked something curious. He wanted to know if Evia had an orange cape, which sounds strange in itself, but what is stranger is he knows perfectly well that she does. I told him this, and a funny look came over his face before he asked if she brought it with her on her mission. Not being able to think of a reason that she would have, I told him no. ?I saw someone walking through the Main Hall on my way here with an orange cape,? he then said. ?The person was turned away, so I couldn?t see the face, and instead of a Force signature, there was in it?s place a void, but I know of no one else in the Temple who has a cape such as that.?

Evia left her cape in our quarters when she left, I am certain of it, so if that was indeed her, she is not only in the Temple but has returned to our quarters without telling me. She has been on comm-silence, so I have no means of contacting her, and her Force signature is dim at best. Why is she hiding from me?

*****(())*****

That Evening

*****(())*****

Evia is here. She walked in only a few minutes after I wrote that last entry. I have to say, I am rather annoyed with her, for she is refusing to tell me where she has been and what she has done. Why she was in the Temple without my knowledge, I still don?t know, I haven?t brought it up with her yet. Admittedly, I am relieved that she is here with me, safe and sound, and she is acting like her normal self again, yet something has changed. What that is, I am not sure.

Tomorrow, she tells me, she will talk about her vision. And tomorrow, I will tell her about my own. Perhaps she can give me better insight then I have received from Tomi. He swears up and down that my vision can be attributed to indigestion. I even asked Master Yoda for his take. ?Pass in time, dreams and visions will, but take it for nothing, you must not. Difficult to see, the future is. Always moving, always changing, it is,? was all he provided.

*****(())*****

Six Hours Later

*****(())*****

It is the first hour, and Evia and I just got back to our quarters. We were summoned to the High Council chambers four hours ago for a mission briefing. The actual briefing by the Council members took no more then five minutes, but from there we were sent to the Temple Archives to meet with Master Hayate Quan, who proceeded to tell us what we needed to know. I am going to write some of the details here so they will stop distracting me so I can sleep.

A planet in the OuterRim known as Kotumba issued a distress call this afternoon, and requested the presence of ?peace warriors?, as they call the Jedi. Kotumba?s governing system consists of one ?High Leader?, who governs over the entire planet and is the representative in the Senate, twelve leaders, one for each colony based alongside one of the river systems, and twenty-four masters, one for each nomadic tribe that live within their ?Great Desert?.

This afternoon three of the twenty-four masters were found in their beds, appearing for all the world that they died in their sleep, save for three long, red cuts on each of their left cheeks. We leave tomorrow to investigate those three tribes, to see if the killer is from the outside, or working within the system.

Many years past, Kotumba was dominated by the Sith. The presence of Darkness is barely detectable any longer, but we were told this so it would not divert our feelings and thoughts from the mission. Asides from anomalies in the Force, the only evidence of Sith habitation are the tall temples scattered throughout the planet. Most have since been refurbished and redone for living quarters, but a few still remain untouched. If we have the time, Evia and I wil

17. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    That is the mark of nearly every writer I know. It's hard to let your work out into the public, but fear not! You've done a marvelous job once again. :D

I'm intersted to see how it plays out on this new mission. Her interest in the Sith may bring about some very twisted and unexpected trouble! :p

18. SUGARBANTJINN

SUGARBANTJINN Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2007
    wow! the plot thinckens! I want to know why Evia didn't tell Cleaya she had returned!!!! that's frustrating!

19. Meredith_Kenobi

Meredith_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Evia is definitely acting in a very mysterious manner. [face_thinking] What reason does she have to hide things from her Padawan? Veeeery curious.

Greta update, silverfighter. Can't wait for the next one. :)

20. jedidas3

jedidas3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    There was nothing wrong with this update! You did a tremendous job with it and I'm looking forward to seeing where you are going with it. I have a bad feeling about this mission...

Again, great update!=D= =D= Thanks for the PM![:D]

21. arthurweasley

arthurweasley Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 16, 2008
    --"...the Sith have always been intriguing in a dark and morbid way for me." :confused: OH NO!! What is she thinking!? No, Cleaya, noooo!!!

22. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    three of the twenty-four masters were found in their beds, appearing for all the world that they died in their sleep, save for three long, red cuts on each of their left cheeks

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Yikes!

I'm very concerned over Evia's mysterious return to the Temple and I hope she and her padawan will have time to talk before or on the way to Kotumba.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

23. Fel_Freak228

Fel_Freak228 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 23, 2007
    Wow silver this is getting really really good!! Awesome plot, OMF I can't wait to know what happens next.8-}

24. Blue_Lightsaber42

Dec 7, 2007
    I would hate to have visions at night. You're sleeping, it's supposed to be peaceful...
    Great job with this!=D= =D= =D=

25. silverfighter

Apr 28, 2007
    Thanks to everyone for reading! [:D]

Trika_Kenobi:
    Thanks. [face_blush] This mission will be most interesting, I guarantee, but whether or not her interest in the Sith will bring...trouble is still up in the air... It'll bring something, that's for sure. :p

SUGARBANTJINN: wow! the plot thinckens!

I know, it can be confusing trying to keep everything straight... [face_tired] :p Evia has very good reasons for keeping things to herself, I assure you...

Meredith_Kenobi: Evia is definitely acting in a very mysterious manner. What reason does she have to hide things from her Padawan? Veeeery curious.

That she is. I've always pictured Evia as a mysterious type of person, but I will tell you that she is acting even more so as of late... Like I said before, she has very good reasons to keep things hidden from Cleaya. :)

jedidas3: Thank you. :)

I have a bad feeling about this mission...

As you should. It'll be rather interesting, and I am looking forward to writing it. I've been picturing how it will go since December, and many things have been added since then, and more and more things keep popping in, so we'll see what ends up happening. :D

Thanks for the PM!

You're welcome! [:D]

arthurweasley: All I can say is "Mwahaha..." [face_devil] Don't worry though, it'll all work out... Maybe...

KELIA: Heh, yeah, I just read that part over this morning. My excuse for its kinda morbidity is I wrote that scene late at night... [face_blush] They will talk, but it might not be in the most orthodox way. I haven't decided yet. :p

Fel_Freak228: Thanks. :D I hope the next entries will be good enough to satisfy your curiosity a bit. :p

Blue_Lightsaber42: I know, I wouldn't be too pleased if something like that happened to me as well, but unfortunately I took that whole last part, when she woke up from the vision and wrote from times when I wake up from nightmares and just write for a bit. Sheesh, I never knew my own life would affect this story this much... 8-}

The next entry will be posted early next week. Originally I was going to write a series of small entries for the trip to Kotumba, but let us just say some angry plot bunnies have visited me. :p I am so excited. ((scurries off to write))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.