main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Trials of a Jedi Padawan-Cleaya Montu ("Dear Diary" 2008- OCs)- updated 12/6 ~(Black or White?)~

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by silverfighter, Jan 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silverfighter

silverfighter Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 28, 2007
    Trika_Kenobi: Thank you! The threat just might affect others beside them. . . I'm getting way ahead of myself. You'll just have to see where it goes. :)

KELIA: Nobody is prepared for a Sith encounter, I don't think. ;) Thanks for reading. :D

Jinngerbread: That's fine, I'm forever behind in one fanfic or another, it always seems everyone decides to update when you're away! I know how it is. :p You can't figure out where it's going? Yay! That's somewhat what I was hoping for! Thanks for reading!

I've been away a lot with one thing or another with anything ranging from a sudden memorial service to an extended vacation. I'll update as soon as I get home from this next trip though. :) Thanks to everyone who continues to read! [:D]

2. silverfighter

Apr 28, 2007
    Here's the next part, and I already have most of the part after this written, so I hope to post as often as I can before I leave on my last trip of the summer. After that, I'll have plenty of time to write, so beware. [face_mischief] :p

Oh yeah, my friend who normally betas for me is busy, so I went over this myself which means there's probably a million and one mistakes still in there. [face_blush]

*****(())*****

Two Days Later

*****(())*****

So far, absolutely nothing has happened. No new information gained, no people lost. I suppose that's a good thing, but I feel guilty for walking around bored. The only thing even remotely worthy of writing down is yesterday I took the guards out away from the settlement and ran them through a few drills I knew of. I'm confident in their skills they knew before me, but they didn't even know how to properly set up a watch. Their battle skills are impressive, but compared to those who I think we will be dealing with. . . I'm really nervous.

If nothing happens in two days and the coast appears to be clear, Evia and I agreed that the children should all be smuggled away to a safer location. The more time that passes allows more and more plans to be made. For both sides, though. Chanise doesn't act worried as she should, in fact, none of them do. They act as if this is a vacation and not running for safety, which makes our jobs even more difficult. Without the slightest sense of paranoia, the general population won't cooperate as easily. At first it seemed they were worried, but not any more. Why does it seem as if they know something we don't?

*****(())*****

Three Hours Later

*****(())*****

After a long discussion, Evia and I have decided to go out and look for the killers ourselves instead of sitting around and waiting. Only I am to remain here babysitting these people while she goes to the surrounding land for any sign of life. She gave me permission to leave the settlement borders if need be, which I hope is the case. Sitting around doing virtually nothing is starting to drive me crazy. Maybe I should go back to one of the 'schools' and see if any of the kids know of any points of interest around here. Even the most simple thing could go a long way at the moment.

Evia just left now, and I can't help but think about the visions. Will she come back alright? Will I see her alive again?

That's my paranoia talking, but I can't help it. It's just so worrisome.

*****(())*****

That Evening

*****(())*****

I was just alerted that three leaders were found dead. That's a step up in the government. There's one Master for each of the twenty-four tribes, a Leader for each of the twelve cities, and one High Ruler for the entire planet.

There has to be a pattern here. Not all the Masters were killed before they moved on to the Leaders. I like to think that our moving into one area might have helped, but I sincerely doubt it. If anything, it would be easier for Masters to be killed since they could all be found in one area. I called Evia to let her know, and she placed a call to the Temple. This is starting to get too big for us to handle ourselves.

3. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    Whoa... there's some serious business going on now! Great update! Thanks! :)

4. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    This is starting to get too big for us to handle ourselves.

Uh oh!

[face_worried] [face_worried] [face_worried]

And on top of that, Cleaya has to deal with her visions of loosing her Master.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

5. jedidas3

jedidas3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    Hmmm....[face_thinking] very ominous indeed...I guess you better go ahead and hurry up with the next post so we don't have to wait too long![face_praying]

6. silverfighter

Apr 28, 2007
    I finally have time to actually write! [face_dancing] I had hoped to update before this point, but after my last trip my parents surprised me when they said "By the way, we're going camping in three days." Well now. [face_plain] There goes my time to write. But anyways, I will definitely update this week, if not more then once.

Trika_Kenobi: Yep, and possibly some drama coming too. [face_mischief]

KELIA: Yeah, this really isn't an easy mission for her at all. :p

jedidas3: Sorry about that, I've been away too often this summer to write as often as I would like. [face_frustrated] I have all this week to write, though, so we'll see what gets done. [face_mischief]

I wanted to quickly say thank you to everyone who still reads this, even with my weird updating. And also thanks to anyone who nominated me for Best New Author. Just being simply nominated for that was more then I could ask for, so thanks. :p

7. silversock

silversock Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 9, 2008
    *****(())*****

Early the Next Day

*****(())*****

During a meeting today every Master that hadn't already done so was replaced by a new Master, even if the current one was still living.

"It's just precaution," Xarac told me. "They think that maybe certain people are being targeted and this will further protect us."

Of course I had absolutely no say in this, I wasn't even invited to attend. I'm not at all thrilled by this, but in a way I see the logic. The Leaders are being replaced as I write, and there's talk about the High Ruler stepping down as well. Even though Evia said to stay within the settlement unless it was absolutely necessary, I think it has reached that point. I must talk with that man.

*****(())*****

One Hour Later

*****(())*****

I tried to call Evia to let her know where I would be and why I wasn't in the settlement, but all I got was a strange static-filled fuzz, almost as if she tried to pick up but something was wrong with her commlink. Which there shouldn't, she had both of ours checked out before we left. I've tried contacting her through our training bond, but I guess she's too far away already since she isn't answering. There's now no way of contacting her.

I'll try again as often as possible until I get an answer, but I'm going to leave for a meeting with the High Leader as soon as I can. Before that, though, Chanise offered to take me on a tour of the forest near the edge of 'The Pit'.

*****(())*****

Six Hours Later

*****(())*****

Well, that went unexpectedly. Once inside the forest, she immediately led me to an old ziggurat completely hidden by the tall trees and some sort of dangling vine. A cold and dark feeling surrounded it, and in the early morning the ground was covered in fog, giving it an even more mystical feeling.

"The Biek Zvolk once lived here," she said. "At least that's what we think. We don't know where they are exactly, or if they're even on this planet anymore, but according to the Elders, they're 'always watching'."

After saying that, she led me into the old temple. She said that occasionally when she was younger, her tribe would come and visit these woods and she and her friends would explore. That's how she knew where the temple was, and her way around it.

The inside of the ziggurat was disturbing. Very disturbing. The air was musty yet strangely damp. There were pools of dry red on the floor, which looked suspiciously like old blood. Shapes were painted on the walls with the stuff. Lots of triangles. Skulls were hung from the ceiling, and the hallways twisting into the temple bowels were lined with bones.

Exactly how I pictured a Sith temple to look. It would make sense since there was a Sith presence on this planet, but everything looked . . . recent. Recent meaning not the four to five hundred years old look it should have. More like merely decades old.

That's what makes it disturbing, for that would mean either the Sith are not as extinct as the Jedi believe, or the Biek Zvolk is a branch of the Sith, perhaps with the same capabilities and power. And the Biek Zvolk are supposedly still out there, with numbers rumored to be in the millions. Just waiting to strike.

8. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    Oooooo... very creepy. Well-written, Kadi! Keep up the good work, and update soon!

Trikes

9. Blue_Lightsaber42

Blue_Lightsaber42 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2007
    Sith! They're gonna ruin the live of more poor, innocent Jedi.[face_frustrated] :p
    Great update, Kadi, thanks for the PM![:D]

10. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Why am I not surprised the Sith are showing up?

On the other hand, at least Cleaya knows about it and can warn the Council.

all I got was a strange static-filled fuzz, almost as if she tried to pick up but something was wrong with her commlink

Uh Oh!

[face_worried] [face_worried] [face_worried] [face_worried]

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

11. JediJumper

JediJumper Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2008
    I like this very much. I finished reading it all... and enjoyed it.

Update is needed.

=D= =D= =D= =D=

12. TrulyGhent

TrulyGhent Jedi Master star 4

Jun 29, 2007
    Great update Kadi! =D= I can feel the suspense building.

13. silversock

Mar 9, 2008
    I am on really short time like Cleaya, so all the PMs may or may not get sent today. I'll reply to comments tomorrow as well.

This update is really short, but she'll write more soon. Promise. [face_mischief]

*****(())*****

Two Weeks Later

*****(())*****

I haven't had time to write for the past few weeks, but I have time to quickly say some things.

Evia is still gone. No one can contact her or the guards that went with her, or the team they sent after them.

I've been exploring the forest everyday, and found two different temples. There's something fascinatingly intriguing about them.

Chanise took me to meet a man who says he'll help me find out more about the temples since Chanise only knows about the one nearest the settlement.

I'll try to write more later, I'm really short on time so my handwriting is probably horrible, along with my spelling, but I wanted to mark the time going by in some way. Maybe tomorrow I can go into some more detail.

*****(())*****

14. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    Give me some more writing, woman! :p

15. silversock

Mar 9, 2008
    *~* Replies to the last update *~*

Trika_Kenobi: I love creepy. [face_mischief] And once I snag some time, I'll try to write as much as I can in one sitting so I can have better updating schedule. :p

Blue_Lightsaber42: Um, actually, if I end up writing the whole story plot they could end up ruining a whole lot more. :D

KELIA: Because the Sith show up everywhere. Without them the SW universe would be rather boring. :p

JediJumper: Thanks. :D As soon as I can, I'll write more then the little I just did. ;)

TrulyGhent: Good. I like suspense, and I'm glad you feel it. [face_mischief] :p

16. Hero_Of_The_Force

Hero_Of_The_Force Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 22, 2008
    Love this Story. I've been reading it from the begining. I have to post to say good job. =D=

I liked the smallish update, I would like to read more. [face_dancing]

17. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Ooohhh mysterious Temples

How very intriguing.

Still, I sense danger could be on the horizon

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

18. silverfighter

Apr 28, 2007
    So, I've made the decision to stop being obsessive over these for grammar, spelling etc so it'll have a bit more of a diary feel. So if there are any mistakes, yes they're intentional. Well okay, maybe they're not intentional, but I want them there. :p
    Here's a question you can answer if you want: I've been considering turning Cleaya's diary into a "real" story. Not that this isn't, but maybe I should say a story that isn't in diary format. I'm trying to figure out if it would make a good non-diary story, so opinions are nice. :p

*****(())*****

The Next Day

*****(())*****

I have some time to waste writing now. I'll just expand what I wrote before, I guess.

So before yesterday the last time I wrote I had just lost contact with Evia. I figured that something malfunctioned on her comm, even as unlikely as that is. Two weeks later I still can't contact her. I can barely feel her presence through our bond, too. I'm just assuming that all that means is she's too far away or too busy to try to contact me that way. In a way this is starting to remind me of me she seemingly went AWOL at the Temple. I'm still not entirely sure what she was doing then.

So last week some time we sent out a pack of guards to Evia and her team once we realized we had lost contact with them all. We still haven't heard back from them, and now it's appearing that we lost contact with that group as well. It's really unusual. Maybe in a few days if we still don't hear anything I'll go after them myself. For now I have plenty to do here.

The forest is really strangely compelling. There's just something. . . dark and mysterious about it that leaves me craving more. Which I know I shouldn't. Jack, the man Chanise took me to, has promised to tell me more about the temples and their supposed inhabitants. I'm sort of excited, yet cautious. There's something slightly sinister behind his kindness, but I figure just asking him some questions won't hurt me.

Oh, one last thing to add. The security around here has gotten better and better. I showed the guards some techniques they hadn't used before, and when they combine them with their older ways of doing things it works fantastically.

Tomorrow maybe when more's happened I'll write some more.

*****(())*****

19. silverfighter

Apr 28, 2007
    I kinda sorta forgot to reply to the last replies. [face_blush]

Trika_Kenobi:
    Aye-aye Capin'. :p It isn't all that much, but I'm going to try for a once a week update until the end of the year, so it'll probably be shorter.

Hero_Of_The_Force: Thank you very much! :D

KELIA: Danger you say? [face_mischief] Hahahaha. . .

20. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    Sweet stuff. I think this diary would make a wonderful story written out of diary form... I say go for it!

Nice update, but write me some more! [face_mischief]

Trikes

21. Fel_Freak228

Fel_Freak228 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 23, 2007
    =D= i finally got caught up with reading this, and it's really good!!

those temples are creeeepyyy!!! love the descriptions. =D=

i want more! write fast.;)

22. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    I'm glad to hear the security has gotten better.

There's just something. . . dark and mysterious about it that leaves me craving more.

That cannot be a good thing!

[face_worried] [face_worried] [face_worried] [face_worried]

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

23. jedidas3

jedidas3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    Nice update and by the way, I think that this would make a good story. I'd like to see you do this![face_praying]

24. silverfighter

Apr 28, 2007
    Trika_Kenobi: Thank you! :D I'm writing, I'm writing. Or at least trying to.

Fel_Freak228: Good, I was hoping they would come across as really creepy. [face_mischief]

KELIA: Um, yeah, it's bad. Very bad. I was mentally yelling at Cleaya when that line popped up. :p

jedidas3: I think I'm going to! It might take awhile, and I'm going to wait to start posting it until after I finish this journal, but yeah. :)

25. silverfighter

Apr 28, 2007
    I have officially decided that there are going to be 13 more entries in this journal. I'm trying something new, so each of these are going to have titles. AND if I can manage it I'll be updating once a week. Don't hold me to that, though. :p

Off Into the Desert

*****(())*****

Three Days Later

*****(())*****

Evia is still gone. The guards I've been working with are more then capable on their own now, so I'm going after her. I'll taKe a few guards with me for backup and leave in a few hours.

Nothing has really happened in these past three days since I last wrote. I woke up at sunrise, went through a few lightsaber katas, trained with the guards, walked the perimeter of the settlement, explored the temple and forest with Chanise, worried about Evia. . . nothing really worth mentioning.

What's the point of a journal if nothing really interesting happens?

*****(())*****

Two Hours Later

*****(())*****

We're leaving in a few minutes. We're taking with us all the food and water supplements we could need for two weeks, and then a little extra for Evia and her guards if we find them without either, medkits, some old compasses I found, and this journal. I'm going to keep it with me and write down little notes of what we've come across whenever we take rests.

It technically shouldn't take us more then a week to find them. The Force will lead me, and if our bond opens up then she can help even further. I've already forbidden myself (and the guards) to think of this as a mission to recover bodies. If something happened, I would feel it. I'm sure of it.

What's changed me in these few weeks to cause me to act so differently? I'm not as attached to Evia as I was at the Temple. That may or may not be a good thing. It could be that I'm unconsciously getting ready for my braid to be severed and to be a Knight on my own. I'm ready, I know. I may be young but Evia's always told me that age has nothing to do with it. It's the skill. And I'm confident in my abilities.

But still, could this have all happened in a few weeks? I find it slightly odd.

*****(())*****

????

*****(())*****

We're off to a really bad start. I have no idea what time it is, because I forgot to tell the guards to bring chronometers, and mine broke a few miles away from the settlement. Maybe I'm not so ready to be on my own. Then again, it was only a stupid mistake.

*****(())*****

I'm not going to even bother with the time. Looking at where the sun is I would say that we've been going for maybe five hours, but I can't be certain. I've never been good with estimating times.

Nothing's happened so far, I see nothing but sand in any direction. The Force isn't warning me of anything, my gut instinct says we're fine, so we should be good.

*****(())*****

The sun's setting. It's really beautiful to watch in the middle of a desert, it's just sinking into the sand. Lucky for us it's been decently cool all day so there hasn't been any dehydration issues. I think that's the only upside to this whole day.

There's a slight bump on the horizon north of us. We'll turn that way and investigate tomorrow.

*****(())*****

It's maybe midnight now. Lucky for me I brought a few glowsticks, so I can write.

I hear whispers. It's not any of the guards muttering in their sleep, I already checked. One of them almost woke up when I leaned over him. That wouldn't have been good. But the whispers continue.

*****(())*****

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.