main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tips & Tricks Trisha Biggar book "Dressing a Galaxy: the Costumes of Star Wars"

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Woofer, Mar 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benae_Quee

Benae_Quee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    My fiance bought me a copy as an early wedding gift hehe [face_love]. I can't wait until it ships out :D

2. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    A HA! You gave in to your temptation Maggie. :D

3. wraith13

wraith13 Jedi Master star 1

Sep 20, 2002
    Pre-ordered mine! Its going to be a combined early Christmas and birthday present for myself (for the next two years). :p

wraith13

4. DestinyFroste

DestinyFroste Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2002
    [color=660099]After not having enough money to eat most the time at CIII, I still broke down and bought the deluxe book. It is an addiction, it really is...[/color]

5. JainaMSolo

JainaMSolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2001
    Whee! I ordered one too. Hopefully I can convince my parents to make it a late birthday present. :)

6. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Oh my! I think the moment I gotten my Debit Mastercard, gonna pre-order the LE one. :D Or convince my friend who had did Amazon.Com orders for me to order it for me. Wonder if I should get it directly sent to me in Singapore or make use of vPostUSA, the local postal service that allow us to make use of those "Free Shipping Within USA" service and previous users said the shipping cost is cheaper than standard.

The book will be an essential guide to what I hope to work with end of this year and retain my "Costumes Rapist" Status for another year. :p

7. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    For all of us Canadians, its available now at Amazon.ca as well. $280 Canadian funds (as opposed to $400 retail)

Just placed my order!

8. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I ordered mine from Amazon.co.uk, a bit more expensive but I prefer to have it shipped from the UK than the US. I actually have the money right now, and then I will get my tax returns in the summer, I'm not sure I will have the money in October though.

9. Verdaera

Verdaera Jedi Master star 1

Apr 25, 2005
    I already traded my soul for the limited edition book at StarWarsShop.com :D God, cost more than one paycheck, but as I want to do this for a living someday I consider it... school expense *veg* You preorder yours yet?

10. Verdaera

Apr 25, 2005
    I was wondering why I had $300 more in the bank than I should. I don't like that! I plan to be at the exhibit and the fabric district when the book ships so I can't guarantee I'll have the $$ in the bank... That's why I, like... tried to pay now... bah! They should at least give you the option of pay-now or reserve...

11. HothGirl

HothGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    I ended up caving and getting the limited addition too. How could I not when it was so much cheaper on amazon.com ? [face_blush]

12. across0the0stars

across0the0stars Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 29, 2003
    Verdaera, I cancelled my order through the official site to get the cheaper deal, just look up the instructions in the store's FAQ, it's very simple and took a couple days to be cancelled. =)

13. Verdaera

Apr 25, 2005
    ...wooooooah, that's a significant difference... how can Amazon get away with that without losing major bucks I wonder...

Well, I just emailed the shop and ask if they could charge my card now instead of later so I'm gonna look into my options. Thanks!

14. JainaMSolo

JainaMSolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2001
    I wonder how many of the 2500 are going to be bought by people on this board? :D

15. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Holy Cow! That's a HUGE difference at Amazon for the ltd edition! I perordered mine through the SW site a few weeks ago because Amazon was only listing the non-limited ed at that time.

Humph - hope I can cancel my order at the SW.com site.

- Kay Dee

16. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Heehee...just hope mine don't ended up like Roti-Prata (aka overused) end of this year onwards :p cause I may need it to give infos about the costumes to be seen at the SW Exhibition coming here (IF it IS coming here as the contract is yet to be signed tho' Memo is sent months ago. This Japanese Company is taking so long that my future workplace can't even confirm a month for it! :( ). Maybe get the regular one too for "regular" uses?

17. PadawansGuide

PadawansGuide Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 26, 2002
    Yep, Obi-Dawn! I caved. But it's $110 less than I thought it would be, with free shipping. Plus I signed up for the Amazon visa, which gave me another $30 off. My friend has an Amazone card and you get a nice percentage of your monthly bill back in amazon gift certificates. A bigger percentage than I get from my current LL Bean visa!

18. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Arrrrhhhh!!!! Sideshow is offering the book Autographed[ by Trisha Biggar.

Dressing a Galaxy: The Costumes of Star Wars

But it's USD295.

Hai....maybe I should just stick with Amazon's price and bug my future supervisors to get Trisha Biggar to Singapore during the SW Exhibition so I can get my book autographed personally by her so put it at the "same status" as the one sold at SSW. ;)

Yes, dream on I'll as what's the chances unless they got extra cash to get so many celebraties to Singapore during the run of the Exhibition? Look like the LOTR one which is heavily sponsored; the only reason they gotten Barrie Osbourne cause he happened to be in Singapore for something else so they kidnapped him for awhile. :(

19. setra

setra Jedi Youngling star 2

May 12, 2005
    very cool!!! we don't have an amazon in oz but if I can't get it anywhere here I'll just order it off them. (cheap version lol)

20. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    OMG! :eek: :oops: :_|

Has anyone recently check out Amazon.Com? They had raised the price back to the original price for the Limited Edition one! :_| Donno if those who pre-ordered will be affected but anyhow, I haven't pre-order yet. :(

Dressing a Galaxy: The Costume of Star Wars Limited Edition with DVD
    by Rick McCallum (Foreword), Trish Biggar, Natalie Portman (Introduction), George Lucas (Preface)

List Price: $295.00
    Price: $295.00
    Edition: Hardcover

If Amazon is gonna stick with this pricetag, I'll just order it directly from SSW instead as the LE book will be Autographed by Trisha Biggar herself too. [face_thinking]

21. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    I believe people who pre-ordered the book through Amazon early enough are locked into the lower price. I just checked my account and the price shows at $185.85. I think Amazon regulary offer a discount on books and DVDs to encourage early pre-ordering, and then the price goes up after a month or two. (This has happened with DVDs I've preordered anyway).

- Kay Dee

22. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    I just checked my Amazon account and it's also still listed at the reduced price of $185. :)

23. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Darn! :_| I was delayed by my Debit Card. :_|

Now not sure if I should still Pre-Order the LE one from Amazon.Com. :(

24. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Amazon Canada still lists it for a discounted price.

25. PadawansGuide

PadawansGuide Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 26, 2002
    That stinks that they got rid of the pre-order price. Maybe they'll put it back again? I hope so!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.