main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Triumph the Insult Comic Dog" Fans

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by ObiWill, Apr 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ObiWill

ObiWill Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2001
    I got approached by dozens of people who saw me in the (in)famous Triumph video. I wore normal clothes on Sunday with a sign pinned to my back stating "Yes, I Was." ;) If any of you read this board, then it was great to meet you all! :D

2. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    The "You will die alone" kid lives next door to my Mom. :p

3. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    [face_laugh]

I just watched this video for the first time today. LMAO!

Unfortunately, all I could find was a stream of it online. . . Does anyone have it on a site that allows me to download the thing to my hard drive?

Thanks!

4. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Yeah an because i am "that girl" i was featured in USA today.

'Star Wars' royalty: In the Star Wars fandom universe, Samantha Brotzen, 22, is a celebrity. The Long Island, N.Y., pre-law student, gained her 15 minutes of fame when she appeared in a Conan O'Brien skit. Triumph the Insult Dog, poking fun at fans waiting in line for Attack of the Clones, interviewed Samantha and noted the guy-to-girl ration was in her favor. "Not too shabby, huh? You have your variable pick of the litter of guys who have no idea how to please you," said Triumph. The skit soon took on a life of its own, posted on the Internet and is now immortalized on one of Triumph's DVDs. "At first it was cool, but I keep getting IMs (instant messages) and PMs (private messages) asking if I'm that girl, and I just say 'um, yeah, now go away,'" says Brotzen. And contrary to Triumph's opinion, she's tried dating somebody outside the Star Wars universe, but he didn't have an interest in the conventions. "People say you should never date inside your fan club but now I am." That often leads to in-fighting. "The girls fight over the guys, the guys fight over the few good-looking girls. It's very high school," she says. For the record, yes, she has a boyfriend. And watch out guys, she also has a black belt in karate.

I cant wait until it all ends..... lol

5. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    I somehow knew you two were going to get a ribbing at C3 for that! :p

Could you imagine what would happen if Mark went to C3? The combination of Slave Leia's and people recognizing him - he wouldn't know which way to turn!:eek:

6. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    I was looking for you at c3 Samantha.
    We never met up.

Mark did ask me to say hello to Amy Allen for him when I saw her. :p

7. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    I was looking for you at c3 Samantha.
    We never met up.

I was around -- but half the time i was so dang busy doing stuff for people and what not -- i didnt even have a chance to meet up with one person i really had to lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.