main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Saga Truths of the Heart. Romance, Drama. Epilogue Posted: Now Complete. Thank you readers!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Valairy Scot, Sep 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Title: Truths of the Heart (Part of the Heart of a Jedi series)
    Author: Valairy_Scot
    Timeframe: Clone Wars
    Characters: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker, Siri Tachi, Yoda, Mace, Siduous, others
    Genre: Drama, romance, humor, AU
    Keywords: Siriwan, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker, Siri Tachi, Yoda, Mace Windu,ghost Qui-Gon, Clone Wars, Jabiim, romance, Asajj Ventress
    Summary: Obi-Wan?s ?death? on Jabiim brought old truths to the surface, yet more are to be discovered. Counseled by Yoda, urged by the Force, to use love as a weapon of healing, what place does love have for two Jedi when healing is all but complete? Neither Siri Tachi nor Obi-Wan can remain untouched, but will they move past it or towards each others?

Will Anakin Skywalker be changed in the aftermath as well, or will his anger at his master?s captivity and mistreatment overrule his greater understanding of his master ? can Palpatine continue to twist Anakin?s inner reality?

Notes: Sequel to What the Heart Hides Background buildup for this approach can be found in [link=http://boards.theforce.net/the_saga/b10476/26011970/p1]What the Heart Hides[/link]. The premise is that the Jedi Order has always forbidden attachment, the original meaning of which was an inability to let go. Unconditional love on a personal level came to be lumped with possessive love into the understanding of the present day Code. The Force has its own ideas, and should a true Jedi follow the Force, or the Code?

Note two: This is the GFFA. Morality is defined in this universe and while closely paralleling human morality (it is still best to do unto others as you would wish others to do unto you) it is set in a multi-cultural galaxy. ?Pairings? may or may not confirm to your personal beliefs.

@};- Truths of the Heart @};-

A grin split the padawan?s face as he stood in the doorway.

Sometimes, it seemed, the Force offered an opportunity too good to pass up, regardless of the consequences. This was one of those; it stared the padawan in the face and dared him to ignore it.

What better way to celebrate, than to be irritating? He would relish the reprimand, the rebuke, the reminder that life was back to normal.

After all, when two Jedi sat so close together their two heads almost seemed to touch, blonde hair and red-brown hair different and yet harmonious, as complementary as their two personalities ? well, what self-respecting, impudent padawan wouldn?t take advantage?

It was a perfect setting for a padawan in search of a reason to needle his master. Needling was good; needling was normalcy after the turmoil of the past few months ? of demons fought and some slain, of pain and anguish and grief now replaced by happiness and relief.

Anakin Skywalker mentally rubbed his hands together in anticipation. Life was, finally, good ? really good, and so he was going to be bad, really bad.

?Aw right, you two, break it up!? Obi-Wan looked up and frowned as his padawan walked in; turning his attention away from the data pad he and Siri had been studying. Anakin plastered a particularly mischievous look on his face as he planted his hands on his hips, undeterred by the not-amused gaze directed his way. Ignoring said look, having had plenty of practice in so doing, Anakin continued cheerfully, ?You don?t want to be mistaken for love-struck dewy-birds, now do you, Master??

?Padawan!? The eyebrows had gone up, not drawn together, so puzzled irritation hadn?t reached to true annoyance. Yet.

Even so, the slight stiffening of Obi-Wan?s posture hadn?t escaped the padawan?s notice.

The Force may have given him the opportunity, but it hadn?t dictated the tactics, and Anakin could now see that to continue in such a manner would definitely earn him a deserved scolding, for Obi-Wan tolerated little in the way of open disrespect. His lips were already thinning, a warning Anakin intended to heed. To continue would cross that unspoken l

2. Lolly_Tolly

Lolly_Tolly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2008
    Great start, Valairy! I loved the interplay, and the hesitancy of Obi-Wan.

I think something light-hearted after What the Heart Hides would be good! :p

3. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005

Hey Valarie I like it although Im anxious where you will take bi-Wan's ans Siri's relationship in this fic. Keep me on the pm list please.

4. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I agree that I think you should start a new one. This would have been too jarring a change in tone.

Loved the banter with the three of them. Poor Anakin probably doesn't understand really what is going on. He sees the passion in his life and thinks Obi won't ever have that. I think Obi-Wan is a very passionate man with his passion buried under solid walls of duty, honor and trying to do what he thinks is right.

Loved this.

?No, not once.? He laced his hands over Siri?s. ?I had to heal. I couldn?t have done so without you. Without the Force, I had to be more human, more man, than Jedi. Now that the healers think they can repair my connection, that I can once again be the Jedi I once was and want once more to be ? I don?t know where that leaves the man in me. I?ll always love you; but telling you so may be all I?ll be capable of.?

She nodded, leaning into his shoulder as his arm came around her.

?We go back to where we were?? Back to friends, back to hiding their hearts as they had done for the better part of two decades?

?Never back.? His hand brushed her cheek; a gesture Siri instinctively understood. He rested his head against hers, his voice soft and yet firm.

Never back, indeed. Great job. Glad you posted it. PM list please!

5. jedidas3

jedidas3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    Great start my friend! =D= I'll be back later to finish my comments. By the way, please PM me with anything that you write![face_praying]

6. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely start and of course keep me on the PM list for this one too.

7. star_writer24

star_writer24 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 15, 2006
    Amazing! Please add me to PM list!

8. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Wonderful beginning, so much pain and suffering in WTHH I'm impressed with a fun loving start.[:D]
    Their interaction with Anakin was nice even though Anakin still has issues with letting obsessions rule him.[face_shame_on_you]

Obi-Wan's a staunch stick in the mud, Siri is going to have to use some fancy footwork to loosen him up and have him admit he can live with what love entails.

[blockquote] "We sacrifice much to serve the Force.? His thumb traced her lips before he dropped his hand and moved slightly away from her. ?Our commitment to the Force comes before any personal desires. Siri, I hope I?m an honorable man. I?m a Jedi, first and foremost. It was my choice ? it is my choice, no matter what I feel for you. I will admit the truth of my heart, but don?t expect much more from me.? [/blockquote]

He?s confused poor sweet darling [face_love]

[blockquote]?I don?t know,? Obi-Wan admitted, rubbing his chin. ?My heart spoke to me, yes, but wouldn?t anyone, even a Jedi, reach for something good to combat the pain, something pure and good when the Force was out of reach? [/blockquote]
    Keep trying Siri you have the backing of Yoda and your own master and probably Ghosty Qui-Gon.o_O

Please keep PMing me thanks[:D]

=D=

9. Raptor517

Raptor517 Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    Great beginning. The banter was nice and light-hearted...a good change after the more serious nature of What the Heart Hides.

PM's, please!

Raptor517

10. Kenobism

Kenobism Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2002
    Hello again,

this might come across as a bit weird since I haven't even finished your last story properly but I definitely don't want to miss a single update of this one having now been convinced of your skills as a writer (in other words: having become hopelessly addicted to your stories):
    Please put me on the PM-list and expect a more coherent review/reply for this story later :)

EDIT: 09-28.
    So. I read the saga before this (allow me to sum up my sentiments on that in an all-too eloquent: WOW [face_hypnotized] ), so I could now proceed to review this story.
    First of all what I like about both your stories is the fact that you don't just tell a story - you feed us philosophy, too and that's really enjoyable. Of course, you feed us a healthy dose of Obi-Wan, too, and [i]that[/i] is really enjoyable ;)
    Now I loved seeing Obi-Wan being playful. I always loved it and his playful attitude is a lovely start and cleverly done, too, since I suppose there's a lot of drama in store for him, so this can be used as a nice contrast to compare the later drama with.
    Additionally I adore your Anakin. I never liked him too much but I find myself giving in to his charm. A bit like the annoying brat that tags along but that you wouldn't want to miss for anything in the world.

So in short: Loved it. Keep it up ;)

>

11. MiralukaJedi

MiralukaJedi Jedi Knight star 4

May 15, 2008
    Sounds interesting. Could you add me to your PM list for this one? Please?

12. smoke20ts

smoke20ts Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2005
    I really enjoyed the light-hearted start to this. It was definitely a change of pace -- but a very welcome one.

The two Jedi looked at each other, and Obi-Wan lifted his hand even as Siri reached to raise it, grinning at each other. Anakin shook his head. Obi-Wan rarely shushed him with a finger across the lips, but then he had the bond to do so far more effectively with a soft mental admonishment.

?She then tried to nibble on my fingers.?

?I was hungry.?

?I?m not an appetizer,? Obi-Wan countered.

?No?? Siri tilted her appraisingly. ?Main course ? no, dessert!?

As his master shook his head in despair, Anakin shook his head at the teasing. ?Aw right, aw right. Enough. You?re making me hungry.?
    [face_laugh]

I liked the banter between Obi-Wan, Siri and Anakin. It was good to see them being able to laugh after all the pain that had been endured.

You're off to a wonderful start. Well done! =D=

13. General_Kenobi_66

General_Kenobi_66 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 18, 2006
    Aw, that was a lovely start. [face_love]

I loved the banter between Obi and Siri. You write them so well. And the lighthearted tone was definitely not jarring or unwelcome. I loved every word of this chapter. :D

Great job, as always, and I definitely will want to remain on the PM list for this. My schedule is easing up, so I will try to reply more than I did for What the Heart Hides. ;)

Keep up the great work!=D=

14. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    Fantastic start... after the torture of What the Heart Hides i think this is a very fresh and welcomed start :p

Please, please, please keep me on the PM for this, i dont want to miss an update! [face_praying]

I loved the exchanges between Anakin, Siri and Obi... they just feel so true... i really love how you write each character, great job =D=

15. JediMasterJessica

JediMasterJessica Jedi Master star 3

Jul 26, 2005
    Yay for new story! Please keep/add me on/to the PM list

16. Darth_Drachonus

Darth_Drachonus Jedi Master star 3

Oct 4, 2005
    adddddddddddd meeeeeeeeeeeee please!

17. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    I'm so glad to see this story being continued. :D

I really loved all the Obi-Siri-Anakin banter. [face_love]

I can't wait to see where you take this story, please definitely keep me on the PM list! :D

18. Cole_Kenobi

Cole_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 17, 2005
    Splendid upate! I'm really enjoyed reading your story, and I'm so happy you're continuing! And thank you for the PM, I am very slow at reading them and reading updates because of DRL, but I do appreciate them.

19. Ascal_Elessar

Ascal_Elessar Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2004
    A wonderful start, I would very much like to stay on the PM list.

20. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Lolly_Tolly: One reason for splitting the end of the story off into its own story is to bring in more banter and humor without being too jarring. The worst is truly over ? but the story isn?t over yet.

obsessedwithSW I like it although Im anxious where you will take bi-Wan's ans Siri's relationship in this fic. Hint: AU.

Dianethx: Poor Anakin probably doesn't understand really what is going on. He sees the passion in his life and thinks Obi won't ever have that. I think Obi-Wan is a very passionate man with his passion buried under solid walls of duty, honor and trying to do what he thinks is right. That last line is the perfect summation of this Obi-Wan. Those walls have been breached by his experiences and he is no longer sure he needs to rebuild them with the same bricks ? he just needs to be sure those walls are maintained, even if constructed differently.

Jedidas3 Thanks.

earlybird-obi-wan: Glad you?re still enjoying it.

Star_writer24: Hi and welcome ? I hope you continue to like it, as the story will have fun moments, a few dark moments, some romance and a little bit of action.

Gkilkenny: Anakin was nice even though Anakin still has issues with letting obsessions rule him. It?ll take a while before Anakin has to confront his choices head on and make his final decision between Obi-Wan and Palpatine. He?ll make some bad choices along the way (i.e. ? ?canon? behavior) but his decisions don?t predetermine his outcome until late in the planned sequel.

Obi-Wan's a staunch stick in the mud, Siri is going to have to use some fancy footwork to loosen him up and have him admit he can live with what love entails?. Keep trying Siri you have the backing of Yoda and your own master and probably Ghosty Qui-Gon. Stick in the mud, no. A man bound by duty and vows and willing to sacrifice personal happiness for service. Is personal happiness and duty always at odds, or is there room in a Jedi?s life for both to co-exist?

Raptor517: I?m aiming for a lot more banter in this one.

kenobism: Additionally I adore your Anakin. I never liked him too much but I find myself giving in to his charm. A bit like the annoying brat that tags along but that you wouldn't want to miss for anything in the world. Not bad, that description! I admit I?m no fan of movie-Anakin, but Obi-Wan liked him. To find a more likeable Anakin, I read fan fiction.

Actually, I write both Obi-Wan and Anakin as a combination of written and film characters, for Ewan McGregor will always be Obi-Wan even though he?s not quite the written Obi-Wan I picture.

MiralukaJedi: I hope you continue to find it interesting.

Smoke20ts: Three way banter is even more fun than two way.

General_Kenobi_66 I?m glad you liked it ? I have a lot of fun writing dialogue that is pure bantering ? in fact, I have to restrain myself from getting carried away.

veloz Thank you.

JediMaster Jessica: Thank you.

Darth_Drachonus: Okaaaaaaaaay.

Bastet: Well, this story will take one character back to Rattatak, for one ? oh, you mean plot!:D Obi & Siri will come to terms with their love, Anakin will remain clueless while he stalks around trying to find Ventress.

Cole_Kenobi DRL always interferes with pleasure, doesn?t it?

Ascal_Elessar Of course you will remain on the list.

PM List - this is this who have clearly indicated they wish to remain on

Jedidas3
    Dianethx
    earlybird-obi-wan
    obsessedwithSW
    Gkilkenny
    Raptor517
    Charie
    Lolly_Tolly
    Star_writer24
    Kenobism
    MiralukaJedi
    General_Kenobi_66
    Veloz
    JediMasterJessica
    Darth_Drachonus
    Bastet
    Cole_Kenobi
    Ascal_Elessar

Those below: you haven't specifically indicated; I will leave you on but don't hesitate to let me know if I should remove you.

Luna_Nightshade
    VaderLVR64
    Alley_Skywalker
    ObiWans_Gurl86
    Erikawr05
    G__Anakin
    ___Sithspaw

21. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    @};- Chapter 2. The Care and Feeding of a Jedi@};-

?It seems a lot happened in the short while I?ve been away. I?m quite pleased to hear about Obi-Wan, of course,? Mace?s eyes went to the too-long empty seat before them as he and Yoda entered the Council room high atop a spire. ?He was so damaged, that for a long while I was ? rather concerned about his ability to recover, or how well. I should have known, though; there?s a strength in him I don?t think even he realizes.?

Yoda?s eyes followed and he nodded thoughtfully. ?Strong, yes, strong he is. For the Force good that is for upon his shoulders much lies.? His words held a hint of sorrow, as if he foresaw many possible futures, all necessitating that strength of character he referred to. ?Those whom the Force burdens most are those it loves best, for they in turn are those who love the Force best, its dedicated and loyal servants.?

Mace looked at Yoda with a bit of curiosity, but decided to pursue it another time. ?So it seems you were right about Knight Tachi.?

?The Force, not I. A lesson it wished to remind Obi-Wan of, that one cannot just reach out to others but must accept as well the reach of others in turn. A field will yield crops only when fed itself. Replenishing he needed, too little he had left to give himself when he was the one in need.?

The young Obi-Wan had little stood out, studious, well behaved except for the occasional issues with temper. An innate kindness and gentleness had contrasted with a boy?s sometimes-rambunctious spirit and uncompromising sense of right and wrong ? senses that had led him astray at times.

Few, including Mace, had understood Yoda?s interest in the boy or seen the promise of the Jedi to come. Despite some early mishaps, the ordinary boy grew into a promising padawan, then into one of the Order?s finest young knights.

Then, as now, he quietly gave all that was in his power to give to others with so little conscious thought that he considered himself the one to be fortunate in his friends.

?So how exactly did she help him??

A slow blink of his eyes preceded Yoda?s answer, a piercing gaze at his fellow Jedi accompanied it. ?She gave him the love of a Jedi ? unconditional acceptance. More I will tell you another time, in my quarters.?

Mace nodded and glanced once more at the empty chair, wondering how long it would be before Obi-Wan was able to resume his seat in Council. Not for the first time he was relieved that the Council had never taken a final vote on the proposed replacement for the presumed dead Jedi.

?Rejoin us he soon will. Miss his insight I do, yet free of stress the healers wish him to remain as yet; stress enough Skywalker gives him.?

?And care and attention, to be fair,? the senior Council member added. ?The boy seems to be growing up at last, putting someone else ahead of his own desires without complaint. It?s a shame that it took something this harsh to focus his attention, though I wonder?.,? he shook his head. ?I haven?t had a chance to visit Obi-Wan since that blasted fish dinner ? mark my words, I?ll find something suitable for young Skywalker ? get one of the mechanics to mess around with one of his droids, something.?

He leaned back in his seat, contemplating the thought until a light whack against his shin brought him upright to glare at Yoda.

?To his level do not descend.? After a pause, Yoda scratched an ear and blinked. ?However, good to see Obi-Wan laugh, it was ? better it was even than to see a certain outspoken Council member wide-eyed when faced by the reproachful eyes of his dinner. More laughs he needs. Yes, out do young Skywalker you should; enlist Obi-Wan to help you retaliate you should. Takes sides he does not ? aids and abets the both of you.?

?You are a meddling old troll, you know.? Mace eyed the gimer stick, drawing his ankles to one side.

?Meddling! Humph. A reason I have for all I do.?

Before the two Jedi could get into an argument over Yoda?s ?meddling,? the rest of the

22. JediKnight_Mat

JediKnight_Mat Jedi Knight

Apr 9, 2006
    Good chapter. I would like to remain on the PM list as well. I'd hate to miss any of this.

23. Lolly_Tolly

Lolly_Tolly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2008
    Wow. Great chapter, Val! So much insight into the different characters!

Thanks for the PM!

24. Kyana-Morgaine

Kyana-Morgaine Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 29, 2004
    Great chapter!!!! Please keep up the good work!!!

25. MiralukaJedi

MiralukaJedi Jedi Knight star 4

May 15, 2008
    Very nice. Looks like this is going to be good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.