main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Truths of the Heart. Romance, Drama. Epilogue Posted: Now Complete. Thank you readers!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Valairy Scot, Sep 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedidas3

jedidas3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    Another great post, my dear friend. Tremendous insight into the characters and a great continuation from WTHH. Loved the last line:

Love was the weapon gifted to Obi-Wan by the Force. How he wielded it was his choice ? and when.

Absolutely beautiful. [face_love]

Looking forward to more, hopefully sooner than later.

P.S. As for your plot bunny, PM me or email me later...I had some thoughts.;)

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    A great chapter with the different characters reflecting on Obi-Wan and he himself.

Love was the weapon gifted to Obi-Wan by the Force. How he wielded it was his choice ? and when

And that's the essence of Obi-Wan, his great ability to love and to become one with the Force smiling when he faced Vader on the death-star knowing it would be Vader's redemption

3. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    Fantastic chapter =D=

I see that Mace wants payback for the whole fish incident [face_laugh] i'm sure he's gonna come up with something to get Anakin back :p

I love how you write the characters, they just seem so true to what we have seen in the movies =D=

Cant wait to see what ur gonna throw our way this time around... thanks for the pm! :D

4. Raptor517

Raptor517 Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    Beautiful post, especially the last part. Here's hoping Obi gets restored with the Force soon, and back out to kick some Sith/Separatist tail!

Raptor517

5. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Wonderful chapter, as always. [face_love]

Loved Yoda and Mace scheming to get back at Anakin, can't wait to find out what they come up with. :D

I wonder what sort of plot to kill Obi the Sith are going to cook up this time. [face_thinking]

I'm curious to know what the healers find out about why Obi-Wan's connection to the Force is still off. [face_thinking]

And of course I loved Qui-Gon's musings, such a wise ghost. [face_love]

6. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I liked the viewpoint of each of the participants. LOL on Mace trying to get revenge on Anakin. LOL on Obi-Wan trying to avoid the healers once again.

But my favorite part was the ghost in all this. No surprise there in my choice. :D

Love, not just destiny, connected both men; love for each other and love for others challenged and strengthened both. Love would triumph, or love would destroy, but it was love or the fear of losing love that carved the destiny of each.

Deny it, pursue it, embrace it ? how each handled it would trigger shockwaves throughout the galaxy.

Lovely!

7. General_Kenobi_66

General_Kenobi_66 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 18, 2006
    Excellent update, but that's not out of the ordinary. :D You amaze me with your writing, and I am very interested to see where you take this.

?I haven?t had a chance to visit Obi-Wan since that blasted fish dinner ? mark my words, I?ll find something suitable for young Skywalker ? get one of the mechanics to mess around with one of his droids, something.?

He leaned back in his seat, contemplating the thought until a light whack against his shin brought him upright to glare at Yoda.

?To his level do not descend.?

Picturing that scene made me laugh. [face_laugh]

Great job. =D=

8. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Lolly_Tolly: I?m going to bring in some more canon characters, so we?ll see more Padmé and Palps.

Kyana-Morgaine: Thanks, and I?ll try.

MiralukaJedi: I?ll do my best to keep it good.

Jedidas3 Funny you mentioned that last line ? it was a truly last minute addition.

earlybird-obi-wan: And that's the essence of Obi-Wan, his great ability to love and to become one with the Force smiling when he faced Vader on the death-star knowing it would be Vader's redemption He?s certainly rediscovering love ? recognizing it and hopefully, learning to express it.

veloz Oh, yeah, Mace is looking for payback. Maybe he?ll bond with Anakin over pranks. You think? [face_thinking]

Raptor517:Kicking Sith/Separatist tail is Anakin?s job this story. Obi won?t have his chances until ?the? sequel.

Bastet: I wonder what sort of plot to kill Obi the Sith are going to cook up this time. You and me both. Palpy doesn?t confide in me ?cuz he knows I?ll blab to Obi.

I'm curious to know what the healers find out about why Obi-Wan's connection to the Force is still off. Me, too. I?m shooting for political talk ? speak a lot and say very little (i.e. I don?t really know, don?t really care, it?s only important that the Force is there or not when it serves the plot).

Dianethx: The ghost will have some more appearances.

General_Kenobi_66 Aw, I?m glad I made you laugh.

Darth_Teacher: I have removed you from the PM list; you haven't opened the last five messages which means I can no longer PM you. I will assume you are absent from the boards or just no longer interested in following this story. You will have to PM me to get back on the list.

Off we go, to a totally fun and light-hearted chapter with the gang.

@};- Chapter 3. With Friends Like These@};-

Dappled sunlight and the whisper of a breeze was part of the illusion, this oasis of serenity. Here in the Room of a Thousand Fountains, wandering the twisting paths and past plants abundant with life, ears delighting in the splash of fountains as his soul delighted in the peace of a garden in harmony, Obi-Wan felt more connected to the Force than elsewhere. No place within the Temple was stronger in the Living Force and it almost seemed as if here the very Force was coaxing his midichlorians out of hiding.

The healers had still not come up with a satisfactory answer as to why his connection had not returned fully and there were times when Obi-Wan wondered if it would ever again be a part of him as before.

Oh, Neille had come up with some answers, but by themselves, those answers were incomplete. The mask, as he had been soundly scolded for not elaborating on, almost certainly had a biological or neurological component to its make up, clearly compromising his neural pathways.

The ?tendrils of evil? he had felt infiltrating his mind had, in a way, been an apt description of what the healers now suspected was affecting him. The specific transmission or counteragent was yet unknown, hence the exhaustive battery of tests. The healers spouted words about molecular and biological secretions interacting with his autoimmune defenses ? but all those fancy terms didn?t help any. The Force still switched on and off and so far randomly and unpredictably.

The healers had only come up with a temporary solution they?d nicknamed ?Force transfusions.? Siri, or Anakin, Mace or Yoda, sometimes Bant, would send the Force to him to bolster his weak connection, preventing the see saw effect that so unsettled him.

It was a makeshift remedy, not a cure, but he was grateful all the same.

He meandered amidst flowers and shrubs, pausing to sniff a flower or tilt his head at the gentle splash of water on stone, nodding at other Jedi he happened upon. He rounded a corner and came to an abrupt halt facing the dark-haired Jedi who was clearly waiting for him, a smile creasing his face at Obi-Wan?s surp

9. Lolly_Tolly

Lolly_Tolly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2008
    I can be the judge! Ok, not really...

Great chapter. I almost choked, until my mum came in, and it was awkward...

Thanks for the PM!

10. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Glad to hear the ghost would return! [face_love]

That was very funny. I liked that Anakin had to hide his knowledge of women, since that would lead to too many questions. But the ending was really funny. Comparing lightsabers indeed. LOL.:p

Good job.

11. MiralukaJedi

MiralukaJedi Jedi Knight star 4

May 15, 2008
    Now that's funny. Keep up the good work!

12. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    ?Allow me,? Siri suggested as Obi-Wan opened his mouth. ?Anakin. Shut up.?

Yes Siri go for it. ;)

That was a very nice chapter showing us the great friendships between the Jedi.

13. Raptor517

Raptor517 Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    lol. "Lightsabers."

Raptor517

14. Kyana-Morgaine

Kyana-Morgaine Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 29, 2004
    Absolutely great!!!!=D=

15. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    [face_laugh] loved this chapter :D

Garen is always causing trouble, and i'm glad to read that he's still at it in this story too :p . Too funny when Anakin suggested comparing 'lightsabers' (just sparring), and yet eeryone took it the other way [face_laugh]

I wonder how Obi will recover his Force connection fully though [face_thinking] i guess ur still keeping that one to urself for now :p ... cant wait to see what comes next! :D

16. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    [face_laugh] Ha ha! Loved it! [face_love]

So glad to see Garen enter the picture! :D

Lightsabers, huh? o_O :p

17. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    [face_laugh] [face_mischief] o_O
    You did Garen and Obi?s chat very well, you make Garen sound like a bit of a ladies man, totally opposite to Obi-Wan. Who I think would be a one-woman-man if he allowed himself.

?You lost your padawan? Again??

Obi-Wan met the raised eyebrow with one of his own. Long gone were the days when the tease only prompted a long-suffering sigh. He?d lost Anakin so many times in the first year or two that it had become rather a joke to his friends, no matter how distressing the new master had found it at the time.

It's a shame he didn't lose him[face_thinking]

Having Chancellor Palpatine oh-so-kindly ask if Obi-Wan was being a bit overprotective of his young charge ? in the young man?s presence ? had only made the master appear overprotective and lacking in trust.

It had been meant well; Palpatine might have been of an age to be a grandparent, but he had never married and never raised children.

Oh dear, Obi-Wan, lets hope in this story you dont regret the closeness between Palpy and Anakin.[face_worried]

?He?s an adult now, Garen, he can schedule his own free time as he wishes, especially on leave. He had a rough time on Jabiim and came face to face with some rather hard realities there, from what I?ve heard.?

?Oh? Such as??

?Deciding who will have a chance to live ? and who doesn?t.?

Very thought provoking last sentence.[face_worried]

?I, my friends, don?t have a girl on every planet, I?ll have you know,? Garen said loftily, at the same moving his glass away from Bant. ?It got too hard to keep track of them all, so I sorta lost touch with some ? leaving about ten or so I keep in close touch with, very close touch.? He waggled his eyes.

?You and your groupies ? will you ever grow up,? Bant chided in the affectionate tones of one good friend to another.

Casanova Garen o_O

[face_dancing] =D=

18. jedidas3

jedidas3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    Love the banter between friends! Well written and so thoroughly enjoyable! Of course, I don't expect anything less from you![:D]

Sorry for the delay in responding...it's been one of those weeks!:rolleyes:

19. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    The good thing about getting behind is that I get to read TWO great updates at once! :D

Love this story! Please, please keep me on the PM list even if I'm late getting here.

=D=

20. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Lolly_Tolly:.Oh, dear ? would your ?mum? be a bit offended that you?re reading this? I?m trying to keep it ?G? rated by the use of euphemisms and innuendo, rather than any sort of ?explicit? wording.

Dianethx: You ghost-lover,you! Qui?s big scene is near the end of ?the? sequel.

I liked that Anakin had to hide his knowledge of women, since that would lead to too many questions. But the ending was really funny. Comparing lightsabers indeed. Anakin may think it knowledge of many women, but in truth ? naw, just one, really. As for the comparing lightsabers and jumping to conclusions, well, Garen sorta pointed the conversation that way. Blame him. Do guys really do that?

MiralukaJedi: Thank you, I thought it was funny, too.

earlybird-obi-wan: It was a fun ?the gang?s all here? chapter to write.

Raptor517: It wouldn?t be Star Wars without lightsabers, would it?

Kyana-Morgaine: I liked it, too.

veloz Too funny when Anakin suggested comparing 'lightsabers' (just sparring), and yet eeryone took it the other way Who can blame them ? Garen?s talking about his girl friends and the leash Obi keeps on Anakin, they compare eyes as a means of attracting women (Siri was trying to distract the talk away from Garen?s ?girls? as well)....

Bastet: Garen can?t stay long.

Gkilkenny: I figure making hard decisions has got to include making decisions that affect others? lives. You can?t send troops into battle and expect no casualties. Those who remain behind the front lines PROBABLY will survive. Any decision made impacts many others, for better or worse.

Jedidas3 You need to stop having those kinds of weeks and get some posts up soon before some of us expire from curiosity. I, at least, need my dose of excellent writing to read, to inspire me and an awful lot of the truly excellent writers are currently AWOL.

VaderLVR64 Better late than never ? I know you?ve been busy with moving and and a new grandkid and a son joining the Army.

Just a brief note: I seem to have lost about 70% of my readers (and consequently some of my enthusiasm for this story, but it shall continue - be afraid, be very afraid), so I will be trimming my PM list accordingly, to include only those who have affirmed their wish to remain on it. The rest of you are apparently too darn nice: I know it's possible your interest has waned or life is too darn busy to spend time reading.

So, not to slight anyone, but since any of you who wish to turn lurker haven?t notified me of this, and I don?t wish to offend anyone by sending unsolicited PMs ? this is a new story, after all (in a sense), so if you haven?t responded via post OR PM ? I truly enjoyed having you as readers in the past and wish you the best henceforward.

Just drop me a PM to be re-added - I am perfectly fine with lurkers - I do not expect posts from everyone or all the time.

21. timerift22

timerift22 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 20, 2005
    i dont see my name on either list but keep me on the pm list please

Snow

22. Lincoln_6_Echo

Lincoln_6_Echo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2006
    *delurking*

Hi,

I've been following "What the heart hides" and this new story from the start, but I never commented (or perhaps I did only rarely) because I've been burned too many a time.

When I like a story a lot, I have the tendency to leave plenty of feedback. I'm an enthusiast and I show it. However, I've become weary of long-winding epics, because too many times stories I loved have been left uncomplete or they are updated so rarely that 1) I forgot what happened in the previous chapter; 2) the author's style changed or maybe the orginal idea changed during this long time span and the story lost its early spark.

So well, I decided to be more careful and, to be in line with the Jedi Code, not get too attached to something until it is ended.

Now, I consider this new story to be one with WTHH, hence it is not yet complete, hence the reson I've not left a comment.

But you must know that despite all my best intentions to stay detached, I EAGERLY wait each and every of your updates (I've actived the "active notification" option), because I want SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO badly to see Obi-Wan and Siri finally be together. You are a wonderful writer and I believe this is your best work ever, and I really, really, really hope you will complete it.

23. Lolly_Tolly

Lolly_Tolly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2008
    Oh, don't worry about all the innuendos. I get a lot worse at school, and at least this is funny. :D

It was just awkward because we spent about 5 minutes just staring at each other until she slowly backed out of the room. :p

BTW: You don't have to change your spelling for me. :)

24. charie

charie Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 6, 2007
    I would like a pm for every ValScot postings. I'll say it again, I just love your writing. I haven't had much time to read and reply but I always read updated stories I'm following. Please keep me on your list. Awesome story.[face_love]

25. General_Kenobi_66

General_Kenobi_66 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 18, 2006

?We could compare -.? Garen smirked, as Obi-Wan interrupted him with an affectionate glare. ?Hair ? I was going to say hair color.?

?Lightsabers,? Anakin interjected, thinking of suggesting a sparring match. Four pairs of eyes swung to him and he could see the reprimand in Obi-Wan?s eyes, half-hidden behind his sudden cough. Anakin flushed suddenly. ?Sparring, I was thinking we all had our lightsabers, don?t we, and we could spar together, you know ? with lightsabers.?

?Allow me,? Siri suggested as Obi-Wan opened his mouth. ?Anakin. Shut up.?

[face_laugh][face_laugh]

That was great. I'm so glad to hear this is going to be continued, and please, don't get discouraged - you are an amazing writer, and this story and the one that precedes it are some of the best I've read. =D= As I stated earlier, please continue to PM me, and I will try to reply regularly. Even if I'm a little late. ;)

Again, great chapter. Looking forward to more.:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.