main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Truths of the Heart. Romance, Drama. Epilogue Posted: Now Complete. Thank you readers!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Valairy Scot, Sep 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedidas3

jedidas3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    Well done, my dear friend. =D= You continue to amaze me. I'll come back and edit when I have a little more time. ;)

2. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Life is still dealing me odd things so I'm having a really hard time getting and staying online here. Thanks!

As for the paring down, it takes some getting used to but sometimes it's necessary. Just don't pare down too much! ;)

I loved the sparring match and the fact that Obi-Wan froze for a moment. It was a great idea that he substituted that memory with another. It should serve him well. But he still has a long way to go before going back on missions.

The story he told the young ones was lovely. I really liked how you wove what had happened to him and turned it into a small, rather gentle story that kids could understand.

Great job. Very well done.

3. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    smoke20ts You have shown him to have a very special relationship with them and he seems to be able to know just what they need. It was also wonderful that he used the telling of his captivity as a way of teaching the younglings. It also has to be healing for him.

I think around kids Obi-Wan shows his inner "human" more and the ?Jedi? less. Taking something painful and turning it around also robs it of some of its power. It?s akin to the ?POV? view of things ? by the time he?s well healed, he might even be convinced it was worth it for all that he gained from it and afterwards ? he?ll make rainbows out of thunderstorms and lemonade out of lemons.

Lincoln_Six_Echo: Waves! I haven?t poked into your story yet in case it has some parallels with mine and I don?t want to be influenced ? I WILL be reading it later on. Even in early chapters of the first story Obi-Wan was determined to ?redeem? Ventress - that comes in "the" sequel.

Interesting thought of having Siri go with Obi-Wan on the Ventress hunt. [face_thinking] I hadn?t even thought of that ? I?m not really working on ?the sequel? yet ? keep the ideas coming. I need a lot of ?filler? i.e. adventure chapters in the on-going saga of Obi-Ventress, Ani-whomever, between the opening and the Sids confrontation because I don?t want to pull much, if anything, from the comics.

The only guarantees I offer for that story is Obi faces Ventress (to what outcome or how often ? I?m not even sure), Ani is still being seduced by Palps BUT it goes a bit differently than canon, there?s character death, Qui gets a big scene or two ? and I don?t know what goes in between.:oops:

earlybird-obi-wan: For plot purposes, the Force connection isn?t ?fixed? until practically the very end (mainly because I like the scene where it?s fixed because of the humor of it, and that scene has to come near the end) and I need Obi-Wan to have the occasional flashback or two during some scenes also near the end.

MiralukaJedi: I shall try.

Lolly_Tolly: Obi with bad manners ? yeah, that isn?t one of his flaws, is it? :D

Raptor517: Any thoughts you want to throw my way on kids is more than welcome ? I?m long past the time I was a kid and I?ve never been around them except when I was one. I write that age by ?dumbing down,? i.e. short sentences, to the point, no subtlety or extravagance. It seems to be working.

veloz i always had this idea that he was great with the kids, and this chapter made my idea come true...thanks! You?re welcome. I have this feeling that Obi-Wan makes no pretense with the kids: he?s formal, but he?s honest and kind, and genuinely interested in them as in others, and thus connects with them. The kids respond to that honesty and interest, so it?s the ?Kenobi charm? at work.

Amaviap: Yeah, Obi-Wan is finding he rather enjoys the expression of physical affection ? hugs and kisses.

Bastet: I enjoyed it very much. I?m glad.

Gkilkenny: Obi-Wan is at the end of the ?recovery? but at the beginning of the ?final stage.? He has moved past it, but little things will trigger memories from time to time until such time as either all the triggers have been disarmed or he is able to finally release everything into the Force. I doubt even a Jedi can be ?ok? without repercussions in just weeks.

Jedidas3 You liked the younglings? They?re so much fun to write.

Dianethx: The story he told the young ones was lovely. I really liked how you wove what had happened to him and turned it into a small, rather gentle story that kids could understand. Sigh of relief, the ?manners? was like a name-placeholder only it wasn?t replaced. For that age group, it had to be gentle and non-threatening, as well with a bonus of reminding the kids not to judge too fast, too deep and to remain compassionate towards others.

So, when do you update your signature? Are you happy? I work in a conservative industry where the response/general consens

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely images of Anakin and Padme.

And a truly heartwarming reunion of the Padawans.

Loved it the entire chapter.=D==D==D=

And that desert sounds delicious.[face_thinking]

5. Lolly_Tolly

Lolly_Tolly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2008
    That type of conversation should be illegal. ;) :p

Lol about the whipped cream. *pushes mental image away* I don't want Anakin right now! :p

Thanks for the PM!

6. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    This last part was so much more tantilising than Padme
    and Anakin eating dessert.:p

Go Siri![face_love]

?So tell me, what?s more delicious ? me, or this?? She dipped a finger into the dessert and offered her finger; her look dared him to lick it off. He groaned to himself and gave in to necessity.

His eyes widened in true appreciation ? the flavors had had more time to intermingle and the rich aroma of vanilla and cinnamon was, he had to admit, sinfully delicious as well. More damaging to his waistline, but infinitely safer.

?Mmm, it?s a close call. Dessert was good, very good indeed. Yes, indeed, I?ll dream about that.?

Siri?s eyes narrowed. ?You live dangerously, Kenobi. After that kiss I gave you - you speak of dreaming about food??

?That?s my story.?

?Well, it was pretty darn good, but dream worthy??

In answer, Obi-Wan offered her a spoonful of dessert before putting it away. Siri smiled beatifically as the rich flavor hit her tongue, clearly agreeing with Obi-Wan?s assessment.

?You?re right. Sinfully wonderful; I?ll dream about this dessert all night long.?

Obi-Wan touched her lips with a finger as he offered her the plate of food from the other hand with a teasing ?I won?t.? With a mischievous wink, Obi-Wan ushered her to the door.

Strawberries and whipped cream and Obi-Wan=P~

7. MiralukaJedi

MiralukaJedi Jedi Knight star 4

May 15, 2008
    Very nice. Cann't wait for more.

8. Raptor517

Raptor517 Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    It would almost be funny if you allowed a reporter to slip into the temple to catch the foursome. THIS is the Jedi of the Republic?

lol. Great chapter.

Raptor517

9. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I'm still getting caught up. I truly love this story, time is just so short right now! [face_frustrated] PLEASE keep me on the PM list. [face_praying]

=D=

10. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Yes, I'm quite happy with the election outcome. I'm a social liberal and a fiscal conservative so I'm glad to see Bush out of there (he is neither). I've changed my signature. ;)

FYI, I got laid off. I have until the end of the year. I'm quite pleased by it, though. I get severance, unemployment and retirement so I'm good. More time in Jan to start writing again.

That was quite a fattening post. It made me hungry just reading it. LOL on Anakin and his artfully places swirls - I must admit I have a dirty mind and quite an imagination. :D

Siri and Obi-Wan seem to be edging closer to a romantic encounter. I think it would do them both good.

Well done!

11. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    The banter between Obi, Siri, Bant and Garen was perfect! :) It's too bad that Anakin chose not to join in. I'm sure Obi would have enjoyed him being there as well.

It's also nice to see Siri and Obi experimenting with their rediscovered love even if they aren't a hundred percent sure they should pursue it. Mush is always great to read! =D=

I've been enjoying each post of this fic and eagerly await the next post! :)

12. jedidas3

Apr 25, 2007
    My dear friend, you have left me wanting even more...Wonderfully done and so vividly portrayed. You know how I love to see scenes in my mind and I could see this one perfectly! I'm kind of envious of Siri! ;)

13. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    That dessert made me hungry [face_laugh]

Loved this entire chapter: the meal of all the friends together is always fun and of course the ever teasing relationship of Obi-Wan and Siri... it's always so much fun reading that, and u write it wonderfully =D=

Thanks a lot for the pm... i wouldnt want to miss an update :D

14. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    earlybird-obi-wan: Ah, I?m glad you liked it. The gang will be the gang, when in private.

Lolly_Tolly: Listen, cream-covered or not, I don?t want Anakin either. <elbows Siri aside>

Gkilkenny: This last part was so much more tantilising than Padme
    and Anakin eating dessert.
    Well, Siri is trying to stir up Obi?s, um, appetite. As for Anakin, he wasn?t eating dessert, he was planning on being it. Good thing I left out a cherry reference.:eek:

MiralukaJedi: glad you enjoyed it.

Raptor517: reporter, huh? Plot bunny!!! THIS is the Jedi of the Republic? Well, if Jedi is an occupation, they are real beings as well, just like cops or soldiers, or nurses. Every so often they relax in private and ?let their hair down.?

VaderLVR64 Aw, Kim, you?re on the PM list, I?ve culled it already. I?m glad you?re still reading when you?ve got time, but reading stories is the lowest of your priorities.

Dianethx: Wahoo on the ?forced retirement? if it works for you! Politically, I think we?re twins. Siri and Obi-Wan seem to be edging closer to a romantic encounter. I think it would do them both good. Oh, definitely edging. Whether they close the gap or not?.only time will tell.[face_talk_hand]

bek It's also nice to see Siri and Obi experimenting with their rediscovered love even if they aren't a hundred percent sure they should pursue it. That?s a running theme throughout this story.

Jedidas3 I'm kind of envious of Siri! ;) You will continue to be.

veloz ? the ever teasing relationship of Obi-Wan and Siri... it's always so much fun reading that? and so much fun to write, as well. There?s a lot more teasing and a lot more mush coming up, too. This relationship is built on friendship; the love was a bonus.

Some of my (much later) upcoming chapters will be short (for me) ? I prefer a 7 pg chapter and usually give you one that's 9-12. A few will be 3 or 4.

Any feedback on frequency of posts is welcome. So far, I?ve posted 49 out of roughly 213 (this story is about ½ the size or less of the prequel) and I am pretty well satisfied with what's in Word through page 160 ? I still have issues from 161-213.:_|

LilyHobbitJedi: I have removed you from the PM list as I got the 5-unopened PM message that I am spamming you.

@};- Chapter 7. In War There Are No Winners @};-

?I?m delighted, absolutely delighted,? Palpatine beamed at the Jedi Council. ?This is wonderful news, wonderful indeed. But where is Master Kenobi, then?? His eyes roamed around the Council chamber in inquiry, face creasing in confusion at the afore-mentioned Jedi master?s absence.

?The healers have not cleared him to resume his duties as yet. He is essentially well, but still recovering.?

?Dear me. Master Gallia,? the Chancellor inclined his head politely in her direction, ?it is my sincere hope his presence will soon grace this august body. Do give him my best wishes; I have followed his career with great interest since he helped free Naboo, he and young Anakin both.?

?I?m sure he will be gratified,? Ki-Adi-Mundi spoke up. ?The well wishes of his friends and colleagues have contributed greatly to his recovery.?

?I am sure of it. A man such as he would hold no ill feelings for being, ah, ?abandoned? for dead. You had me quite convinced of his death, as I have often thought that the Jedi are infallible. It seems only his padawan was convinced he was still alive; not even he could convince this Council otherwise. The young man was quite upset at not being allowed to mount a rescue attempt. So young Anakin did save Master Kenobi after all??

?He did not,? Mace said quietly. The Chancellor looked bewildered.

?But you said he was,? he looked as if even saying the word hurt him, ?tortured and held captive. How then did he get free??

?By being who he was,? Adi offered gently. ?Perseverance and brains.?

?Ah, i

15. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely chapter with Obi-Wan helping that padawan. That's Obi-Wan to the core of his being helping beings in need.

And interesting interaction with Palpatine

?Let us never forget this ?political plum? is more than simply that ? he?s a colleague, a Jedi.?

16. Lolly_Tolly

Lolly_Tolly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2008
    Awesome chapter, Valairy! Despite lack of complete light heartedness... :p

Don't worry, I'd never want Anakin either. Whinging little kid. :p

Thanks for the PM!

17. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Only TWO chapters behind! We need a panting emoticon. :p

Loving this. Keep writing. I'll keep reading, even if it takes me a while.

=D=

18. jedidas3

Apr 25, 2007
    You have truly captured the spirit of Obi-Wan. Thank you for another truly wonderful update, although I must admit I felt like punching Palpatine in the nose!;)

19. Raptor517

Raptor517 Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    Great job showing how the galaxy is being turned against the Jedi. It makes it easier to believe that such an awesome group of beings could be annihilated and nobody blinks an eye.

Raptor517

20. MiralukaJedi

MiralukaJedi Jedi Knight star 4

May 15, 2008
    Good work showing just how manipulative Palpatine is. Well done.

21. smoke20ts

smoke20ts Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2005
    From time immemorial, Jedi had been in the thick of natural disasters or civil insurrection, conflicts and catastrophes. In such stressful situations, passions and emotions ran high - shock, grief or hatred predominating. This, the Jedi understood and were trained to deal with.

Yet centuries of immersion in such had not prepared them to understand the full range of fury and outrage that was building in worlds that had borne the brunt of the war to date. Jabiim had left no witnesses; battles elsewhere had left shell-shocked citizens numb in salvation or unknown in defeat.

Humanitarian efforts had to be left largely to others; in this war, the Jedi were soldiers, defenders of the Republic. Once a battle was won, or a battle lost, the Jedi moved on, leaving reconstruction to the local and galactic government: politicians who often preferred posturing to action. Rage swelled in their wake.

The Jedi did what little they could, when they could. They sent teams, masters with padawans not quite of age to fight, to assess, report and assist if possible. There were not enough teams and too many worlds in need of assistance.

Coruscant and the inner planets were still considered perfectly safe for Jedi without undue precaution, danger downplayed and unforeseen elsewhere ? indeed, as a rule most Jedi did not even consider themselves to be any more of a target than in pre-war days. Yet on some planets, ravaged by war, citizens worn by grief and pain were at a vibroblade?s edge of turning against any they saw as complicit in their planet?s anguish.

This really sums up just how difficult a position the Jedi were being placed in -- wanting to help those who were affected by the battles but being far too shorthanded to be able to help. Prior to the war, they had been mainly peacekeepers, but with the war, they were seen by the citizens more as soldiers.

Well done! =D=

22. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

Palpatine has them truly fooled.[face_skull]

?Let us never forget this ?political plum? is more than simply that ? he?s a colleague, a Jedi.?

How could they defile the name of Jedi by using it in
    the same sentance to describe Palpy.[face_shame_on_you]

You wrote that very well. It made me [face_sick] :p

Obi-Wan is a healers friend... He is everyone's friend.O:)

Once again you've captured the true essence of Obi-Wan.=D=

23. Magier

Magier Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 2, 2007
    I'm still here - just a bad case of DRL right now.

I am glad to see Obi-Wan making so much progress though he and Siri are still too stubborn about how they feel about each other. Heck, they pretty much have the Council's blessing.

I am sure Palpy was just overjoyed to find out that Obi-Wan was alive. :p

24. charie

charie Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 6, 2007
    =D= I'm still here and still loving this story. Thanks for writing and for the pm.[:D]

25. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    Lovely chapter =D=

So typical of Obi-Wan to just want to help everyone who needs it :) and Palps [face_not_talking] i'm sure part of him was more than aggravated that Obi-Wan made it out alive [face_laugh]

Thanks for the pm, and i look forward to the next update :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.