main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Truths of the Heart. Romance, Drama. Epilogue Posted: Now Complete. Thank you readers!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Valairy Scot, Sep 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I really liked how Obi-Wan was so gentle and kind to the poor Padawan. He has such an open and loving heart that he'd be a wonderful master to anyone really. I'm glad he's overseeing him until his master comes back.

Great job.

2. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Wonderful couple of chapters. [face_love]

Chapter 6-
    Loved the scene with Obi and his friends. [face_love] But Anakin as a cream-covered dessert... ewwww... [face_sick]

Chapter 7-
    Palps is being his usual oily self, I see. [face_frustrated] :rolleyes:

I loved how our dear, compassionate Obi volunteered to stay with that injured padawan while he recovered. [face_love]
    (Of course, I love everything Obi does- walking, talking, breathing... =P~)

?Still that impudent brat as Qui-Gon called you.? Cielan only smiled as Obi-Wan shook his head. Terzah merely stared as if unable to envision the proper Jedi master ? Council member ? as an impudent brat. [face_laugh]

@};- @};-

3. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    earlybird-obi-wan: Obi-Wan is not one to stand by if he can be of assistance; he has internalized a Jedi?s ?service to others? to a great degree.

Lolly_Tolly: Aw, I?m glad you liked it. While there?s plenty of lighthearted moments and some romantic ones, there are a few dark scenes as well ? one or two that are VERY dark and disturbing (though not terribly graphic or anything).

VaderLVR64 Panting? That?d be a fun ?smilie? to design ? who do we speak to?

Jedidas3 You have truly captured the spirit of Obi-Wan. .. I must admit I felt like punching Palpatine in the nose! Good ? punch that two-faced Sith in the face [face_praying]? if you dare. Maybe faced with a rabid fan, he?ll abandon his quest to obliterate the Jedi.[face_thinking]

Raptor517: Great job showing how the galaxy is being turned against the Jedi. Thanks, I?m glad that came through.

MiralukaJedi: Palps is probably the best manipulator in years, though I wonder if Yoda ? with a clear pipeline to the Force ? might be his equal.

smoke20ts This really sums up just how difficult a position the Jedi were being placed in -- wanting to help those who were affected by the battles but being far too shorthanded to be able to help. Prior to the war, they had been mainly peacekeepers, but with the war, they were seen by the citizens more as soldiers.

Yep, the ?cause of the suffering? rather than as those who could alleviate the suffering.

Gkilkenny: Palpatine has them truly fooled. Mace is beginning to question the Chancellor?s attitude, but so far it?s more along the lines of, ?yep, he?s just another politician who postures over providing true leadership.?

magier am sure Palpy was just overjoyed to find out that Obi-Wan was alive. :D Heck, yes, he was dancing on the tabletops. [face_talk_hand] He knew ? unofficially ? since Anakin had visited him, I think, but he was miffed that the ?Chancellor? wasn?t informed and even more so, he didn?t know how badly tortured Obi-Wan was and how hard his recovery after Anakin got the word to keep clam. (I?ll have to reread my own story ? Ani certainly blabbed to Padmé who at least kept her mouth shut.)

I am glad to see Obi-Wan making so much progress though he and Siri are still too stubborn about how they feel about each other. Heck, they pretty much have the Council's blessing.

He?s stubborn about ACTING on his feelings, and while Siri is pretty much raring to do a flying tackle on him, she respects his indecision. As far as the Council, I really hope I?m not beating it into the ground, but my intent is to give Obi-Wan ?permission? ? he will not break what he understands is his vows UNLESS he?s given a reinterpretation of ?all that he knows? that he won?t be a vow-breaker and hypocrite.

Obi-Wan is too honorable, IMHO, so I have to give him a reason to question things and consider acting in ways he would never once have given serious thought to. Now, he might still decide it?s best not to jeopardize the loving friendship they have, so it may all be for naught, but it will be his conscious choice, not one he feels forced into.

I mainly want the readers to believe in, or at least understand, the choices Obi-Wan is faced with, the consequences of those choices, and the inner consistancy and morality of HIS choice in HIS universe, not ours, so all that Council blah blah blah is 70% for the readers and 30% for Obi-Wan.

charie Hi Charie ? boy, life is [face_skull] tough on a lot of you readers right now.

veloz Palps i'm sure part of him was more than aggravated that Obi-Wan made it out alive Umm?he wants Kenobi dead?he wants Kenobi around until Anakin is ripe for the plucking. A true Sith dilemma ? kill him now, kill him later - hey, wait until Anakin is ready to kill him.

He?s actually leaning towards the latter ? as much as he?d love to kill Kenobi, slowly and painfully, he knows the betrayal will hurt the most when Ani does

4. aliceandjasper

aliceandjasper Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2007
    This was a really nice chapter, though I would like to forward a proposal not allowing Palpatine to come near Anakin. Palpatine is a truly creepy one. That memory of the beginning of his friendsip with Anakin, truely frightening. Why can´t Anakin agree??? Why???

The last bits were my favourites. I like Yoda the youngling...

5. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    It's sad, but Palpatine is good at manipulating.[face_skull]
    He is good at hiding from the Jedi. I'm sure he can convince Anakin that he is a nice old man who wants to be friends with him. Anakin craves love and friendship and Palpy is giving it freely.
    The Jedi will learn the error of their ways but too late I'm afraid.:_|

great chapter.=D=

6. Lolly_Tolly

Lolly_Tolly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2008
    Lol! Awesome chapter! The best kind of bed time story! :D

I liked the interactions between Obi-Wan and Cielan and Obi-Wan and Jayren. :)

Thanks for the PM!

7. MiralukaJedi

MiralukaJedi Jedi Knight star 4

May 15, 2008
    Very nice. I can definitely see why you call it the 'kitchen sink' chapter.

8. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    ?We torment the patients.? She poked Obi-Wan in the ribs, making him jump but it had the desired effect

All healers do;)especially those with cold hands

Obi-Wan finished one story, and embarked on another as Jayren listened, rapt. Over the next hour or so, one heart was gladdened, and one spirit was uplifted. Laughter was, indeed, the best medicine.

Yes Obi-Wan the storyteller[face_love]

?Oh, that he does. He can be the biggest youngling in the Order,? she paused to laugh as Obi-Wan raised an eyebrow at her and a hand to the height of his knee, ?or, at least, the oldest.?

That's Yoda

What a nice update again showing us the manipulations of Palpatine and Anakin's character.

=D==D==D=

9. Raptor517

Raptor517 Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    I hope Anakin spares Ventress, and she returns to the light...yes, I know I'm dreaming!

Raptor517

10. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Still getting caught up on this STUNNNING tale!

=D=

11. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    I liked this chapter a lot. It may have been the kitchen sink but what a sink. The gentle way Obi-Wan was reacting to his situation and others was quite sweet. I could see that he would try to bring comfort to those who needed it, even over his own problems.

My favorite part, though, was the Palpatine section. I find Palpatine a superb manipulator, using words to confuse and mold Anakin into someone who really thinks that the Jedi would need to be destroyed. Palpy is just so very good at it.

Great job.

12. jedidas3

jedidas3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    Where do I start, my dear friend. Wow! First of all, the relationship between Anakin and Palpatine is right down eerie. Excellent portrayal of both. Now, secondly, I just think Obi needs a hug. I know I always think that, but you know how it is...;)

Great job my friend and I'm looking forward to more!

13. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    aliceandjasper I would like to forward a proposal not allowing Palpatine to come near Anakin. Palpatine is a truly creepy one. That memory of the beginning of his friendsip with Anakin, truely frightening. Why can´t Anakin agree???

Because Anakin gets to hear what he wants to hear from Palps. [face_talk_hand] Palpatine ?understands? and empathizes with a lonely, homesick boy who needs his ego stroked.

Gkilkenny: I'm sure he can convince Anakin that he is a nice old man who wants to be friends with him. Anakin craves love and friendship and Palpy is giving it freely. The Jedi will learn the error of their ways but too late I'm afraid.

He?s already convinced Anakin. As to the eventual success or failure ? you will see. Perhaps both.

Lolly_Tolly: Glad you enjoyed it.

MiralukaJedi: This chapter did indeed have a lot of the main characters.

earlybird-obi-wan: Yes, I think Yoda has a definite ?inner-child.?

Raptor517: I hope Anakin spares Ventress, and she returns to the light...yes, I know I'm dreaming! Sometimes dreams come true ? and sometimes, ?dreams pass in time.? [face_whistling]

VaderLVR64 Ah?passes out. Don?t flatter me ? it?ll go to my head.:p

Dianethx: I find Palpatine a superb manipulator, using words to confuse and mold Anakin into someone who really thinks that the Jedi would need to be destroyed. Palpy is just so very good at it. Hmm, if I write manipulation well, does that mean I?m a manipulator? YES. All authors are, we chose our words, syntax and plots to lead a reader to a certain reaction ? even if that is misleading

I don?t know if anyone watches ER but last week?s episode, they went back and forth so very well between a now-grown molested boy who ?knew? a legally-cleared accused child molester was guilty, to the very-sympathetic and I felt, wrongly accused, abuser.

The set up was SO obvious I thought the twist would be pure innocence on the poor guy; so many he-said, she-said instances often have only interpretations to back a story up (no witnesses and when no physical evidence is present).

The editing played well, but, I dunno. :confused: Sure, they wanted to twist our initial thoughts on the ?poor guy? and they succeeded, but it would have been far more satisfying to have you question your judgment, decide the guy really was this creep who got off legally, only to find out his ?seemingly innocent? actions WERE really innocent.

Jedidas3: Obi's getting his hugs from Siri, not you or I. Sorry.

For all who celebrate Thanksgiving Day, have a great turkey day with no indigestion. May you spend it with family and/or friends and lots of delicious food.

@};- Chapter 9. Storm Clouds @};-

It didn?t take the Force to discern Anakin Skywalker was frustrated. He had stormed past his master without a hello and disappeared into his room, wearing a scowl like a thundercloud about to spit lightning. Obi-Wan leaned in the doorway, arms crossed, waiting for his padawan to acknowledge him.

?Would you like to talk about whatever is bothering you?? Though Anakin shook his head, Obi-Wan walked over and pulled the chair out from the desk and settled in. ?I could use a light workout, so I can go a little one on one with you in the gym if you want to blow out some frustration ? you just have to go easy on me. I?m not at my best, yet.?

?I?m well aware of that.?

?You are?? Even the playful teasing wasn?t easing the frown on his padawan?s face.

?I?m well aware of everything you faced, Master. I saw you on that shuttle; I saw you in the bacta tank, I saw?.? He bit off the rest of his words, looking at his hands. ?I saw too much, Master ? everyone except you died.?

?Jabiim.? Obi-Wan nodded. ?You have to let it go, Padawan.?

?It won?t let me go.?

?Not if you don?t let it.?

A scowl greeted that quiet advice. ?Don?t give me that same line like you did before ? abou

14. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    He hadn?t offered such obstinate silence to Qui-Gon, had he? Forgive me, Master, if I was ever this stubborn when you tried only to help. He had no idea a Force ghost chuckled at a few memories of its own before acknowledging a grim reality that was as yet unknown to Obi-Wan.

For better or worse, my padawan, you had no such failings to confess as does Anakin. Reach him; you must reach him for much depends on this and time is running short.

It's easy for Qui-Gon to say reach him!:oops:
    But how can you reach and penetrate a brick wall.:mad:
    Time is running short and yet Qui-Gon, for all his power of the Force cannot stop the inevitable. So sad, but the future is already mapped out by Palpy.:_|

Very well done Valairy.[:D]

15. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    excellent post, touching emotions

What happened to bring this all up?? A hand dropped onto Anakin?s shoulder and lay there, physically connecting the two and an invitation to connect emotionally. Siri had taught him the value of such simple things as touching; how touch almost more than words could connect two beings. Every time a healer, Yoda, or Siri - Anakin as well ? patted or held his hand he had felt safe, each touch wiping into memory all the painful touches that had come before.
    Touching holding making one feeling safe.[:D]

?I made it a chance to reconnect with the human part of me, the part that didn?t have the Force to lean on. I?m making it a chance to reconnect with those in my life, and I hope to make it a chance to redeem a lost soul. A chance to acknowledge my past mistakes and to try to make amends for them, as well. Everyone deserves a second chance.?

Yes Jedi are human with all those emotions.

?Anything but sacrifice my soul, my padawan ? I would descend into the bowels of darkness and fight for you, I would suffer any agonies to spare you the same ? but my soul is not mine to give for it is pledged to the Force alone

and he does fight Anakin on Mustafar but cannot kill.

=D==D==D=

16. Lolly_Tolly

Lolly_Tolly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2008
    They'll never get that opportunity again... Which is sad.

Why is the Council so thick headed?!

Thanks for the PM!

17. Raptor517

Raptor517 Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    Oh, what would I do without nice, emotional posts like these? I'm still hoping for the best, even if it means going non-canon. I know I'm probably wrong, but you never know for certain...

Raptor517

18. MiralukaJedi

MiralukaJedi Jedi Knight star 4

May 15, 2008
    Very nice. Good work.

19. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Still getting caught up.

=D=

20. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Excellent. I really liked how Obi-Wan reached out and told Anakin about his time with Ventress but I'm afraid that it backfired, probably made Anakin want revenge more than ever. Obi-Wan should have locked the door and the two of them sitting in the room until it was all out. Now it may be too late.

Great job.

21. amavia

amavia Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2008
    I'm with Raptor 517... non-canon would be nice...[face_batting]

... and I think you would do a great job with it. Your characterization is right on (or at least my idea of them...) and I think you could pull off a happy ending that wasn't too sickly sweet, the way many AUs end up.

22. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Very nice update. [face_love]

I too am worried that Obi-Wan telling Anakin everything he went through just made Anakin all that more hungry for revenge. [face_worried]

I can't wait to see what happens!

23. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Gkilkenny: Time is running short and yet Qui-Gon, for all his power of the Force cannot stop the inevitable. So sad, but the future is already mapped out by Palpy. Yeah, but will the Force map out an alternate path to Palpy?s? [face_thinking]

earlybird-obi-wan: I?m glad you enjoyed it. Obi-Wan is chipping away at Anakin?s refusal to unburden himself.

Lolly_Tolly: They'll never get that opportunity again... Which is sad. At least in this story?at this time.

Raptor517: I'm still hoping for the best, even if it means going non-canon. I know I'm probably wrong, but you never know for certain... Er, points to header ? AU! :D That means count on nothing ? even if you read certain scenes that confirm your thoughts.[face_shhh]

MiralukaJedi: Thanks for reading!

VaderLVR64 Did you get to spend Thanksgiving with either your new grandkid and/or the military son?

Dianethx: I really liked how Obi-Wan reached out and told Anakin about his time with Ventress but I'm afraid that it backfired, probably made Anakin want revenge more than ever. Nah, it mainly made Anakin close-mouthed. Obi-Wan should have locked the door and the two of them sitting in the room until it was all out. Now it may be too late. It?s too late ? for now and some subsequent events - but maybe not too late in total. Maybe.

amavia I think you could pull off a happy ending that wasn't too sickly sweet, the way many AUs end up. Hmm, you think so? How do you define sickly sweet? Maybe something like Anakin?s ?happy landing? in ROTS ? a big bang up but everyone survives?

Bastet: I too am worried that Obi-Wan telling Anakin everything he went through just made Anakin all that more hungry for revenge. Obi didn?t tell everything, not by a long shot. He told just enough so that Anakin might truly understand the struggles he faced ? the point was less what was done to him as to how he had to come to terms with it and how speaking to his friends were what helped him get through it.

Now, as to what Anakin heard ? or how that later gets twisted by Palps ? you?ll have to see.[face_talk_hand]

This is the PM list as it currently stands - after 50% or so attrition (those whom I've dropped, you've either not opened my last 5 PMs or let me know you were interested in remaining on the list).

Jedidas3
    Dianethx
    earlybird-obi-wan
    Veloz
    General_Kenobi_66
    Gkilkenny
    Raptor517
    Charie
    Lolly_Tolly
    Bastet
    Star_writer24
    Kenobism
    MiralukaJedi
    VaderLVR64
    Kyana-Morgaine
    Darth_Drachonus
    JediMasterJessica
    Ascal_Elessar
    JediKnight_Mat
    Timerift22

24. charie

charie Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 6, 2007
    Yee Haw! Keep it coming Val.[face_love]

25. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    charie: It's here, it's here...[face_laugh]

note: this is "essentially" a flashback building from the last chapter.

@};- Chapter 10. Conversations with a Jedi @};-

Not a finger twitched to betray him; even the slight thinning of his lips was hardly noticeable. The Jedi wore his outward serenity well, as would be expected of a Jedi master, regardless of inner disquiet.

Obi-Wan Kenobi was inwardly fuming, though not unexpectedly. Accepting his dismissal, his padawan bowed before the Council, a bit lower as he met his master?s eyes, for both knew the price of his victory was Obi-Wan?s defeat.

They had already had their words on the subject in private; the outcome in Council all but certain. Both had made their peace with their disagreement before this.

Anakin Skywalker had been granted the Council?s permission to pursue Asajj Ventress or any leads to her whereabouts.

With a glance at the rest of the Council and receiving their nods of understanding as the session wound to a close, Obi-Wan walked his padawan to the door, a hand on Anakin?s shoulder.

?When will you leave??

?Shortly. I will see you when I return, Master. I will take care, believe me.? The eyes shone with an earnestness that nearly put Obi-Wan?s worries to rest, for his worries were not about Anakin?s capabilities, but his state of mind. This Anakin did not burn with the passion that had made his master uneasy, but with a firm decisiveness that came from the mind, not the heart.

A slight nod greeted this; Obi-Wan acknowledging that perhaps the Council was correct in that Anakin was mentally prepared for this task and that it was his master who could not see this.

?You had best; I should hate to have to disobey the healers? restrictions to come to your rescue. May the Force be with you, Padawan.? Conciliatory words, heartfelt words. He clapped the young Jedi?s shoulder as Anakin bowed once more, threw a cocky grin at him and left in a swirl of robes. Lost in thought, he barely noticed when Yoda came to his side and peered up at him.

?Dismissed, Council is, talk we shall, Obi-Wan - come.?

?Master, I -.?

?Obi-Wan,? the little master nodded and forestalled the coming apology. ?Know this decision troubles you I do, know why I do not, for much you left unsaid. Come, come.?

Yoda was well aware of his arguments earlier and had figured out that his true opposition was based on factors that he had not verbally expressed. Bowing to the inevitable, the younger Jedi inclined his head.

While he didn?t doubt that the collective wisdom of the Council exceeded his own, Obi-Wan did know his padawan better than the rest of the Council. In all honesty he had to admit as well that perhaps his knowledge was tainted with the familiarity of past interactions, to the detriment of seeing his padawan as he might now be.

He would do well to discuss his feelings of unease with the wise Jedi master.

As he had promised Anakin, he had been vociferous in his arguments against the mission, but ultimately unsuccessful. Anakin?s master?s input was not given serious weight; the Council perhaps believing he was arguing more from his own perspective ? from lingering fears and doubts ? rather than the soundness of the actual proposal.

He nodded to the other masters as they exited; a few nodded back, in sympathy with a master?s desire to do the right thing for his padawan, as Yoda grunted and settled into his hover chair at Obi-Wan?s side.

The two Jedi had done little other than cross paths for several days. Yoda had made it a point to clear some of his time to visit Obi-Wan in the Healers Ward, his first few days back at the Temple, but had been unable to do so in the last few days.

Yoda was the first to begin speaking, a sideways look at his companion as they moved through the hallways towards Yoda?s private quarters.

?Well, you seem, Obi-Wan ? pleased I am with your recovery. Soon, back full time on the Council you will be. Concerned, deeply concerned I was once, but n

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.