main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Turkey and democracy (formerly: Military coup happening now, in Turkey)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Jul 15, 2016.

1. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    People are being investigated for suggesting the coup was a hoax.

2. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    I guess you're just going to insist on changing what I said to better fit your argument. Do they have honesty wherever you come from?

3. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    What, are you ethnicity baiting me too, now? o_O

4. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    hi guys!

5. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Turkey just narrowly voted (though the opposition is disputing results, and there's been a brutal crackdown since the attempted coup) to transform Turkey's government and give Erdogan a lot more power.

6. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Already talking about bringing back the death penalty. All those coup plotters will be off to the gallows soon..

7. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    In another two or three years, America will probably be where Turkey is now.

8. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Has Ghost been bumping his own topics again?

9. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    It's back in the news, better than creating new threads.

10. SergeyX2017

SergeyX2017 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 14, 2017
    Violent Violet Menace

It's hilarious that you, apparently, think Erdogan's regime is a "democracy" lmao :D

He is now officially on par with Putin: This is a catastrophe for the West: OWEN MATTHEWS says Erdogan has joined Putin as a new authoritarian leader on Europe's Eastern border

No wonder the Kremlin is expressing support for this "referendum": Kremlin calls to respect Turkey’s choice at referendum on expanding presidential powers

And the Belarusian dictator Lukashenko is cheering it also: Lukashenko congratulates Erdogan on successful constitutional referendum

lol

Darth_Voider likes this.
  11. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    It is by the dictionary definition of the term. That the state, under his leadership, has become increasingly illiberal doesn't negate that.

12. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    An authoritarian state, with an Islamist as President? I highly doubt that one.

13. onqun

onqun Jedi Knight

Apr 7, 2016
    As a turk and a citizen of the Republic of Turkey.I thought that I had to write something here.
    Rumors tell that Erdoğan knew the coup before it happened and he knew that the they can easily defeat the soldiers who participated the attempted coup.If you ask me it is possible because the failed coup made Erdoğan more powerful and he was able to get rid of his former allies nowadays enemies.He played the innocent again.Fetullah Gülen and Erdoğan were allies for years,the whole party referred to him as "Hoca Efendi" as a form of respect.Back then the mayor of Ankara argued with a celebrity who called Fetullah Gülen, Feto.At 2013 the goverment decided to shut down the schools of Gülen and after that in 2014 some of the cabinet members and prime minister of the time Erdoğan were charged with corruption.Despite the evidence none of them got any sentence,only some of them resigned.Erdoğan said that Gülen was behind this conspiracy.He told the Gülen movement was a shadow goverment and they must be destroyed.They now call the Gülen movement FETÖ and they consider it as a terrorist organization.Gulen responded with cursing Erdoğan and the goverment.Now Gülen is not an angel ,he is a bad person and so is Erdoğan.After the alleged coup Erdoğan started a witch hunt,they fired thousands of humans with so little evidence.There are ones that are really guilty but I think accusing someone with just a little bit of evidence is easier than accusing someone with a lot of evidences.They didn't take chances.And those fired personnel won't get any pension at all.

Things are not going well on Turkey and it gets worse with the recent referendum.Erdoğan accuses the ones who don't support him and his decisions as terrorists,and traitors to the country.Hell we even had a man who was responsible of checking the fictional character Gollum because someone said that Erdoğan was looking like Gollum.
    I want to write a lot more things about the referendum explaining it in the days to come.
    Note:I hope I can be more active in the forums in general. Especially the collecting part :)

14. SergeyX2017

SergeyX2017 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 14, 2017