main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars CLOSED Turning Point - The Betrayal of Darth Revan

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Sinrebirth , Oct 15, 2019.

1. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Zeseem Dunkel
    Battle of Nouane

With the battle of the void still raging they had opened a small transitory path. Truly the currents would draw other vessels to close the path that they had made, but they had one if for a moment. The way to the Dark Protector was entirely open, and Bastila ordered them in and down. They were to precede her. Bastila's shuttle is hovering outside the hangar, too close to be fired upon by the Dark Protector, but angled so it's weapon systems face outwards and can be used to fire upon any Sith interceptors. In the hangar, there are three Sith commandos, and two Mark IV assault droids.

These droids, unlike the previous ones they had encountered on Sernpidal, are larger and more spiderlike, having four legs and a head with a mounted blaster rifle. Just watching them move about make them seem intimidating; as does the double blaster cannon, duranium plating, and shield generator. Similarly, these commandos wear the standard armor of regular Sith troopers, except they are black in color and less reflective.

Alighting from his fighter with walking stick in hand he used his landed craft as cover as he took in the situation. Yula was making a break for something, it honestly took him a moment glancing to figure out what she was going after with the barrage of blaster fire going about from the variety of Troopers and Droids. The other darker member of their group had taken to blasting away like a fiend and causing chaotic confusion somehow. Honestly Zeseem was at a loss to either parties antics.

Stepping out with lightsaber staff ablaze he set himself up as another distraction for turrets and troops and droids. A whirling bending shiny thing to shoot at. Intermittently he would shove a free hand or bunch of head tails at a droid or small cluster of troops and they would to the likely consternation of any paying attention freeze for a few moments. As though they had suddenly become unable to move, and forgotten how to blink. What would happen to them all time would tell, but hopefully the first of them would be able to do something to help them secure the hanger for Bastilla shortly.

TAG: @TheSilentInfluence, @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @Sinrebirth @darthbernael

2. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    IC: Shysa Cadera
    Battle of Nouane

Shysa quickly landed her fighter, the craft nearly sliding to a stop as she came in a little too fast. Her heart was pounding away in her ears, and she quickly exited her craft, watching as the others dealt with their own obstacles. Shysa moved quickly, noticing the Sith Troopers come into the hanger as well as the two Mark IV assault droids. Activating her lightsaber, Shysa stood her ground and moved towards the droids, realising with a sense of fear that they were a lot tougher then anything else she had faced before. That armour looks really strong. I wonder if my lightsaber will be able to get the job done.

There was a pause, and Shysa took a slow breath as she moved, drawing on the force to help guide her as she kept a steady pace towards the droids, hoping that they would be the first to fire before she had a chance, so that she could get a chance to see how they fought. I guess I should have paid more attention to my studies. Don't we have droids like this on Dantooine?

@Sinrebirth @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @Mitth_Fisto @darthbernael

3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Bastila Shan
    Landing

The hangar was cleared, largely thanks to Yula slicing the droids and turrets shut, as much as Zeseem drawing fire, and Atin-Kot had shot up the Sith Troopers. Shysa hadn't the need to pick out the droids now these were disabled, which was probably a good thing as these were far more dangerous than the Mark I droids she practised with back on Dantooine.

The shuttle of Bastila dropped down, and emerging from its innards came herself and a group of six Jedi.

"I need you to clear the way for me and my group to reach the bridge." She produced a holopad and held up a rough map of the Dark Protector, based on the prototype Republic designs, for only a handful of the ships had been created by loyalist shipyards.

"You will need to make your way through the ship to Security Command (SecCom) and order all security teams aft-ward. As soon as this is done, update me with your progress and make your way back to the hangar to prep the ships for their return flight to the Republic fleet." she said, firmly. "As soon as we have the signal, we'll advance forward."

She eyed the dead Sith Troopers. "There was a lot of confusion among them, so we should have the element of surprise."

A location showed on the map, and downloaded to their 'pads, and, where they had helmets, HUDs.

As it did, they each felt with a dark certainty that there was a powerful foe waiting for them.

"May the Force be with you."

TAG: @TheSilentInfluence, @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @Mitth_Fisto @darthbernael

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Yula took a few deep breaths and felt the tension leak away. Then she attended closely to the parameters set forth by Bastila Shan:
    Clear the way for Bastila's team to reach the bridge.

Reach Security Command center and send security teams aft.
    Once this is done, head back to the hangar and prep the ships for the return back to the Republic fleet.

Yula perused the map that had been uploaded to her personal padd.

Each step seemed clear and straightforward. A glitch could happen anywhere in that sequence, she knew, and derail the entire thing.

5. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    IC Atin-Kot
    Clearing a path

Atin-Kot strode over to the side of the hangar, listening as Bastilla spoke. He knew they’d have to move quickly but adding to the confusion of the Sith would assist them in their endeavour. So he opened an innocuous locker, one that most of the Sith had strewn in open areas in case they needed such. Inside hung one of his cloaks. Pulling it out, donning it, it hung over his armor, hiding the flaws that the armor had that would show it wasn’t his usual wear. Pulling the hood up, it almost seemed that a Sith had suddenly sprung up in their midst, bringing a hungry grin to his face behind the mask.

He heard the chime and checked his pad, the route that Bastilla had provided avoided most of the main areas that others of the Revanchrists would be found, while still being the shortest possible to allow them to accomplish their goals. He nodded to his old friend, knowing there was a likelihood one or the other of them may not survive the coming encounter.

He noticed Yula bracing herself and nodded to her as well, turning and squaring his shoulders. Dressed as he was, he could slip more easily through their opponent’s and reach the SecCom but it would not keep the team coherent and on task.

A short bow to Bastilla, ”May the Forcccce be with you, old friend.”

He turned and approached the hatch that would lead them on their route, turning back, he pointed out Yula and several others, ”Follow me but ssstay clossse. And asss much asss posssssible out of ssssight behind me, I’ll keep their confussssion high.”

And then his posture straightened more, a darker aura coming over him. His eyes blazed through his mask, a deep yellow-gold color. ”Advancccce.”

TAGS: @Sinrebirth, @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, @TheSilentInfluence, @Mitth_Fisto

6. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Battle of Nouane, Advancing to clear a way

Holding his saber staff out to the side he nodded in passing to chiming of his pad. His tendrils curled as he read and heard and understood what was being asked of them now. One responded with eager ability, the other with planned deception and dogged determination. Shaking off the cold creeping sensation from that one he stepped over to the innocuous locker and pulled out another set of robes that he donned.

"Right. Whether I follow you or secure the a way by thinning the herds, I am a servant of the Force. May it show we do justly and true today." he solemnly stated as he closed his eyes and felt where the currents would lead him now. Whether it was his destiny to walk a different path..

TAG: @Sinrebirth, @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, @TheSilentInfluence, @darthbernael

7. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Clearing a Path

Shysa breathed heavily, happy that she hadn't had to face anything too terrible yet. Though, she thought with a sinking feeling in the pit of her stomach. The battle wasn't over yet. She turned to look at Bastila, and nodded, before looking at the information provided to them on their own individual datapads. She swallowed hard, and gave Bastila and the other Jedi a look that she hoped was confident. "May the force be with you too." Shysa said, before she bowed and then turned to where she would be needed now. I need to trust in the force. Besides; just because I have a less then great feeling about this, doesn't mean I won't win...right?

Tag: @Sinrebirth @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @Mitth_Fisto @darthbernael

8. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Darth Voren
    Aboard the Dark Protector

The corridors of the ship are mostly deserted, mainly due to the combat situation in which the ship is currently engaged. The Jedi would thus find avoiding most of the crew to be quite easy. Deck-plans of the ship are found at major intersections that will aid them in plotting their course to avoid potential hazards and reach SecCom quickly.

As they round the corner, the team would suddenly stop dead in their tracks, as you find a large group of Sith troopers armed with blaster rifles turning toward the door they had just passed through. Next to them is a dark-robed man with a black featureless faceplate that obscures his visage. All of them stop when they notice the team in the doorway. There are fifteen Sith troopers in lines of five behind him, and he holds a hand to them to hold them for the moment.

Dressed in black robes with his face obscured by a black-tinted featureless faceplate, Darth Voren looks at them each for a long second. He appears Human, but it is difficult to be sure through his flowing robes. His gaze, although impossible to see, gives the impression that his eyes are drilling right through you as he straightens his posture.

Formerly a Jedi that trained at the academy on Ossus, the Human originally known as Voren Renstaal fought with his Jedi master in the early part of the Mandalorian Wars, until his master was killed during the First Battle of Onderon. Shortly thereafter, he agreed with the proposals offered by “the Revanchist” and opted to join him and his armada that ventured into the Unknown Regions. What happened during that time caused Voren to change his allegiance from the Jedi Order to follow the new Sith Empire established by Darth Revan.

Striving to complete his training, Darth Voren learns vigilantly under Darth Revan and typically remains aboard the Dark Lord’s flagship to help control the ship’s security forces. Secretly, he hopes to eventually remove at least one of his superiors or fellow Council members to help him rise through the ranks more quickly.

"We appear to have rats."

He eyes Atin, sensing familiar currents, but there is no mistaking the others. Yula, Zeseem and Shysa are clearly Jedi, and Voren, as a former Jedi himself from the Alaris Prime Academy - a temple that in future times the Trade Federation would raid, that the Disciples of Ragnos would steal from, with the help of Pascale Rouser and opposition of one Madelyn Linnett, and indeed, that Voren would hide many secrets within - he could see through them.

A crimson blade appeared in his hand, and the Force told them this was a truly terrible threat.

"Lie to me, or beg." His face turned slightly, realising they had been heading to the room he had just exited.

"Interesting... a first team... a sabotage team?"

TAG: @Mitth_Fisto, @TheSilentInfluence, @Mitth_Fisto, @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, @darthbernael
    ---
    IC: Darth Revan

Aboard the Dark Protector, the bridge

The Dark Lord of the Sith couldn't not sense those aboard. He recognised their essences from the Jedi Temple, especially ones as prominent as these. There was a first team heading deeper into his ship, and Darth Voren would deal with it. Revan briefly wondered whether to call in reinforcements from nearby Chazwa, but the Centurion-class battlecruiser turning around the planet would shortly have the Republic fleet on the run.

He had no need to concern Malak, or even Glovoc or Sion.

But Darth Revan was prudent, and he thought of the artefacts he had recovered from Nouane. He turned to one of his apprentices, Tanis, and nodded. "Take the Sith statues. You will be contacted."

With that, he opened a private channel within his helmet, and the bridge fell away to reveal the presence of the others in his secret, Shadow Empire.

"Where have you been?" He said, calmly.

[​IMG]

"Attending to other matters," said Darth Traya, in a clipped, almost disdainful manner, referring to her separate intrigues with Greer Gali and Roan Cass.

[Connecting others to the Epitaph Hermetica], Darth Nihilus rumbled in his ancient Sith cadence, describing the tablet that, in the future, would ensnare students of the Dwartii Academy on Nouane, especially a Nagai by the name of Vy'ndall..

[​IMG]

"Of course," Revan said, drily. He'd kept his investigations into the Twilight Wars a secret from Malak. The 'True Sith', they were out there, yes, but his research had uncovered other Sith threads, and unravelling them had became his new work. If his Empire was to triumph, it had not to just convert the Republic and the Jedi, but also prepare for the war with the Sith Emperor and other ancient Sith enemies, of which many existed, he had discovered - so many more than the Jedi knew of, in their arrogant Light.

"Once I have crushed the Republic ambush, I shall meet you on Malachor, my Triumvirs. It is inevitable that the Wounds will be needed soon; when the Republic is on the verge of defeat, the Sith Emperor will make his move."

"You have foreseen it?" Traya asked, cautiously. "The Echo is not yet fully understood... I would be loath to press on at an unduly quick pace."

Revan snorted. "Not at all. It is simply what I would do, if I was him."

Nihilus chuckled darkly.

The Dark Lord of the Sith signed off and refocused.

Nearly there.

Soon.

TAG: No-One
    ---
    IC: Darth Malak

Aboard the Leviathan, one light-minute out from Nouane

"What is going on!"

The metallic voice of Malak rang out, and he slammed the table, leaving a sizeable impression. "Are the Jedi aboard or not?"

"It's too soon to say," said the Black-Coat, drily. "But it won't be long, of course."

"I need Revan dead, not distracted."

"Oh?" The man said, bemused, and Malak wheeled on the man, lightning in his hands, murder in his eyes. The Black-Coat seemed unperturbed. "Well I thought that if he was distracted, you could kill him, and then, well, y'know... you wouldn't be Dark Lord by default, but by usurpation."

"That was not the plan," seethed Malak.

"Your plan left all the risk to the Jedi. They're goody-two-shoe lightsiders. Can't rely upon 'em for anything," the Black-Coat said with some sarcasm. "Wouldn't you rather be seen to have destroyed your Master, rather than manipulated his downfall? Doesn't seem very Sith."

Malak snorted. "You think I'm afraid of him."

"Well if you're not, I am. Revan is brilliant. He'll put together all my little pieces soon enough, and then I'll have an even bigger problem."

"I don't care about your Epitaph plans; about the End of Time," scoffed Malak, turning back to the holoprojector in his ready room.

"I know you don't," the Black-Coat said, soothingly. "Why do you think I offered you the Jedi-plan, connected Republic Intelligence to Sernpidal, and handed you this plot in a neat bow?"

"I would have done it eventually," Malak said, sneering.

"Sure, sure," came a dry response. "I didn't do anything."

Malak watched the Centurion-class battlecruiser turn around Nouane, ready to rout the Republic fleet. Malak knew his window of opportunity was closing. He stabbed the comlink built into the table. "Jump to the Nouane system; now."

"My Lord, we are due to join Lord Bandon at Chazwa - "

"NOW!"

TAG: No-One

TAG: @Jerjerrod-Lennox, @greyjedi125, @QueenSabe7 (honourable mentions)

Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
  9. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    IC Atin-Kot
    Outside SecCom, Dark Protector

As the team made its way deeper into ship the very lack of resistance made Atin-Kot’s wariness increase. He could feel Bastilla’s Battle Meditation directing them, offering them protection, but he could also feel the roving mind of the genius behind the system’s attack, Lord Revan himself. Could sense that the Lord knew that the attack was happening and was directing forces behind the scenes on the ship to repulse the attack. He didn’t warn the others as if they couldn’t sense it themselves then they’d be useless in the upcoming battle.

Rounding a bend in the corridor, he bounded to a halt, the path blocked. Before him stood another Sith, backed by a full fifteen man squad of troops. He could feel the others falling in behind him, spreading out slightly, which was giving the Sith a chance to see what was happening, know what was coming.

A predatory smile crossed Atin-Kot’s face as the team skidded to a halt before the Sith and the troops behind him, mere meters from their destination. He knew Voren, the one who had taken the title of Darth when he was chosen as a Sith apprentice. An apprentice, but given what the Revanchrists were that didn’t mean that he wasn’t powerful.

The darkness rose higher around Atin-Kot, time for niceties done, time to hide his self done, time to go to war, this entire exercise balanced on a razor’s edge and he had to make it convincing to both sides.

"Lie to me, or beg."

A barking cough of laughter met the flat statement.

”Why sssshould I lie, or beg, apprenticcce? When the truth isss sssso much more deliccciousssly dessstructive?” he taunted.

He let the cloak fall back somewhat, let the designs that spoke of who he was be seen. ”The bondsss have been too tight among the Ssssith, we’ve forgotten what it meansss to be usss, alwaysss reaching for the top. You’ve hitched yourssself to one ssstar, but another has decided it isss time for that ssstar to fall, and fall he will, no matter what alliesss are needed.”

The time for words, however, was done. Action was needed as he knew Voren wouldn’t back down, was fanatically faithful to Revan.

Sending a thought to the others, he surged forward, his double saber flying to his grasp, one armored hand sending a blast of lightning into the troops before he broke the saber into its two halves and advanced on Voren.

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Yula was brought up short by the appearance of the Sithly contingent. They were so close to their target. The actions and underlying "message" from Atin Kit was no less mystifying to Yula. She frowned and moved unobtrusively to keep her eye on all the actors in the unfolding drama.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  11. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005

Further they went and smoothly, too much so. Going with a current was fine, so long as one was not planning to hunt or be hunted. Then the current was as likely to be a sea monsters swallowing maw as the tunnel to where you want to be. They could still feel Bastilla’s Battle Meditation directing them, offering them protection, but it was a shallow protection he knew. He would not share such with the others, as the effect would be lessened, but it was what it was. Something that was fantastic so long as you didn't think too much about it or pay too much attention to yourself. Sadly that was where he always failed as he payed scrupulous attention to himself.

Rounding a bend in the corridor, they bounded to a halt, the path blocked. Before them stood another Sith, backed by a full fifteen man squad of troops. Knowing not all of them were cloaked as though they were Sith he tried to make sure to stand square and resolute, but he felt, he knew. . .with the Jedi Battle Meditation guiding them there was little hope they would not be detected when standing face to face with the enemy. Especially when the enemy used to be one of them.

The darkness rose higher around Atin-Kot, was he trying to shield the rest of them? Zeseem did not know, although it did not seem to work.

"Lie to me, or beg." the enemy Sith stated.

A barking cough of laughter met the flat statement.

Why sssshould I lie, or beg, apprenticcce? When the truth isss sssso much more deliccciousssly dessstructive?” Atin-Kot taunted. He let the cloak fall back somewhat, let the designs that spoke of who he was be seen. ”The bondsss have been too tight among the Ssssith, we’ve forgotten what it meansss to be usss, alwaysss reaching for the top. You’ve hitched yourssself to one ssstar, but another has decided it isss time for that ssstar to fall, and fall he will, no matter what alliesss are needed.

Sending a thought to the others, Atin-Kot surged forward, his double saber flying to his grasp, one armored hand sending a blast of lightning into the troops before he broke the saber into its two halves and advanced on Voren.

Zeseem merely tipped back his hood, grasped his staff firmly in both hands and planted it on the ground. Bastilla's Battle Meditation would aid them here, focusing forward he felt his way into the Sith before them and without hesitation nor thought twisted in the Force. Attempting to put the man into stasis and leave him open for the coming attack.

TAGS: @Sinrebirth, @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, @TheSilentInfluence, @darthbernael

12. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Aboard the Dark Protector

For once Shysa was glad to be surrounded by others. It was true that she was a bit of a loner back at the Jedi Temple. Perhaps more then a bit. But when they rounded the corner and came face to face with not only Sith Troopers but a dark Jedi, the first thing Shysa felt was the heavy weight of darkness that weighed down on all of them. She turned slightly; keeping closer and raising a hand to her lightsaber. She listened as the Dark Jedi spoke; as he told them to lie to him, or to beg.

Shysa would do neither.

With a flick of her wrist Shysa activated her lightsaber blade and stood ready, watching to see what the others did first before she moved to attack the Sith Troopers. She certainly didn't think she could take on the Dark Jedi. He felt powerful, and Shysa had made enough mistakes already. It was probably better that she wasn't to hasty. She didn't want to get herself or anyone else killed.

Tag: @Sinrebirth @Mitth_Fisto @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @darthbernael

13. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Skirmish aboard the Dark Protector, by SecCom

The Sith was surprised to recognise - belatedly - Atin-Kot among the Jedi team, and he lifted his blade to block, even as he his free hand yanked at Shysa and tugged her forward - meaning he was caught off-guard by Zeseem's stasis attack. He had half a second to realise his mistake, and then Atin's lightning slammed into him, sending him hurling back -

He crashes into a team of five troopers directly behind him -

By this point the other ten Sith Troopers had already opened fire, filling the corridor with death, a veritable storm of automated fire that was far too much for even one fully-focused Jedi to take - even with Yula the only completely free -

Voren swore and dispelled the lightning, the remaining five standing behind him and standing behind him as he prepared to catch deflected bolts -

TAG: @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha. @Mitth_Fisto @TheSilentInfluence, @darthbernael

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
    darthbernael likes this.
  14. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    IC Atin-Kot
    The Attack Continues

Atin-Kot felt Shysa being dragged forward and into his path as he charged forward. Dodging the opposite direction, running up the corridor wall a few steps, he let go of the lightning he was sending, even as Voren dispelled the last of it from around him. Planting hard on the last step on the wall, the blaster fire of the troopers filling the corridor, he leaped, arcing over the battle, and Shysa, to the opposite wall. His sabers deflected bolts right and left, even as several glanced off his armor or tore holes in his cloak.

Landing on his feet, he socketed the sabers back together then reached to his belt, in a swift motion. Palming a pair of detonators, he armed them with a thumb, then rolled one across the floor and arced the other over the heads of the firing troops. Raising a concave arc of a Force shield, bowl facing Voren and the troops, he closed on the Sith apprentice once more, dual saber spinning in one hand.

He could feel the others reacting to the fire, even feel deflected bolts accidentally, he hoped, ricocheting off of the back of his armor. The Battle Meditation from Bastilla still flowed through them so he doubted there would be anything overt from his companions, even if they believed he wasn’t truly on their side. But then he had to focus again as he closed the distance quickly. Sliding low, he spun the saber over his head, aiming to wipe the legs from the troops, or disrupt them and Voren further, at the moment the detonators went off. He aimed the slide to take him past Voren first, rightly judging the apprentice the greatest threat to them reaching Seccomm, but moving fast so that he could be past before the other could do more than simply react to the strike.

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Yula deflected bolts and sent her silver saber in a whirling arc as she moved in the path that Atin-Kot was clearing. In the adrenaline and continued battle meld, it was an easier task than it would otherwise be to remain attuned and focused and not distracted by numbers of the attackers.

16. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005

First opening salvo was done. The Sith troopers were returning fire and now it devolved as any battle ought to. First Contact rules. After first contact there was no rules of what one was to do, merely the flow and ebb of the Force and the goals one held steady in their minds.

His own use of the Force had bought an opening and had made the Sith wary of leaving himself open again. That would be a boon to whomever faced the man directly. The two seemed to arc and wheel destruction into those trooper reinforcements, leaving the worst either for later or for someone better prepared. Knowing them, it was waiting until they could join forces against this powerful enemy. A smart tactic.

Side stepping and staying sideways at a distance he made sure to use his lightsaber staff to merely knock back whatever blaster shots were an actual threat to his moving form at Darth Voren. Keeping his eyes and a perpetual smile aim at the man he waited. They both knew the other was the threat and the threat alone would be enough, hopefully. Probing he kept trying to put the Sith and troopers next to him into stasis. Tap and press to keep the man unsteady whilst the others got into position to wrap this up, or if one decided to Force the issue directly.

TAG: @TheSilentInfluence , @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha , @darthbernael , @Sinrebirth

17. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Skirmish aboard the Dark Protector, by SecCom

Shysa felt herself being pulled by the force towards Darth Voren and she skidded on her feet as an attempt to get away from him. She watched as Atin-Kot went after Darth Voren and his Sith Troopers and tried to push herself away from Darth Voren, keeping her lightsaber close as the battle raged on. I didn't think he was going to be that strong. Shysa thought as she fell a bit trying to maintain her footing. She ducked instinctively as the detonators went off, and her ears rang with the explosion. She looked around and was ready to defend herself if anyone came close, but had a hard time hearing; for the moment.

18. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Skirmish, by SecCom

The Sith Lord flicked his hand out to deflect the stasis attacks of Zeseem, snarling as he did, as he tried to cope with the number of attacks. Half of his troopers were down from deflections as they advanced into the returned fire, with only minor damage to the Jedi team. He released Shysa before the detonators reached him, throwing his hand aside to drive them into the wall -

And exploding into SecCom. The Sith glanced that way as Atin-Kot advanced, lightsaber buzzing at his legs. Voren flipped, but one of the stasis attacks caught the troopers while he was distracted, and the next wave of Yula's deflections killed those that had not been cut down. Voren landed, twisting around to flick his boot at the back of Atin-Kot's legs, and then turn his spin into an attack that piled momentum into a two-handed blow directly at Zeseem, his eyes already looking to see what Shysa and Yula were doing so he could strike at them next -

There was a wave of motion elsewhere in the ship as SecCom was down; Bastila and her team were rushing the bridge, and a set of enormous Force motions rippled out - there was a staccato of Jedi deaths, and Bastila's alarm flooded into the teams meld -

She needed help with Darth Revan!

TAG: @TheSilentInfluence, @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @Mitth_Fisto @darthbernael

darthbernael likes this.
  19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Yula's attention was riveted on the immediate action even as she felt Bastila's call through the battle meld. She poised ready to find an opening in the oncoming assault.

darthbernael and Sinrebirth like this.
  20. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005

A step in time saves nine. Or some such saying often was given to one's ability to follow the Force in timing their actions to be of greatest benefit to the light. Another was, if you fail - do not give up, never surrender, for the next attempt may be where you do instead of do not. It was a lengthy one, but perhaps someone in the future would find a way to sum it up in a more appealing way. It was as they finally were starting to make progress, whittle down the reinforcements and break down the Sith that the wave hit. An alarm drawing them towards the bridge.

"Go!" he yelled as he planted his lightsaber staff and took the blow from the sith head on. Either he would weather the storm and survive, or he would die buying time. It was up to the others to respond to the call or finish the sith with him before answering it. Securing the rear, SecComm was down, all he had to do was hold this one locked in a battle of wills so the others could complete the mission. That was all he had to do.

TAG: @Sinrebirth , @TheSilentInfluence, @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha , @darthbernael

21. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Skirmish, by SecCom

Shysa yelled as she was thrown and hit the wall. She slumped down, dazed as she watched the fight unfold and felt something warm and wet come down her neck. She put her hand to her head and felt the sticky sensation of blood, and shut her eyes as she tried to keep calm, keeping pressure on the cut for a moment. It wasn't a lot of blood, but she had probably cut herself as she hit the wall, and Shysa knew that it wouldn't be only cuts that she would suffer from, but bruises as well. She felt something shift in the force, and felt Bastila call out to them.

Bastila needs help!

She forced herself to stand and half stumbled forward, tossing a smile of thanks towards Zaseem as she left the room, heading towards where Bastila was; hoping that she and the others could get there in time to help her.

22. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    OOC: Damage to Voren approved by GM

IC Atin-Kot
    Outside SecCom

His attack deflected, Atin-Kot’s slide continued and he felt Voren’s kick take him in the back of the knees, just as the explosives were deflected into SecCom and went off. A swift deactivation of his saber as he drew his arms inward caused the explosion and kick spin him in a circle on the deck.

As he spun he could see others as they reacted, Yula trying to find an opening, Zeseem taking the fight to Voren, and the last darting out following the call from Bastilla. He could feel her summons as well and knew that Voren here was merely the opening act and that they needed to deal with Revan directly or this would be all for naught.

Claws digging into the deck he stopped the spin, pulling his legs underneath him. Gathering himself, he detached one half of his dual saber, lighting it, then slicing through one Achilles tendon of Voren’s. As the man staggered, Atin-Kot regained his feet. ”My friend, finissssh thisss little Ssssith, there are bigger fissssh to fry.” he growled to Zeseem.

Extinguishing his blade, he clicked the hilts together again, securing it to his belt as he turned and followed the other Jedi toward the bridge and the location of Bastilla and Revan. As he ran, he immersed himself in her battle meditation and sent a thought ahead, ’On my way, old friend….’

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  23. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Maimed, but not done

The wound was frustrating, rather than permanent, but Voren was conscious he couldn't use the Force to stabilise himself and fight four Jedi - but then three of them were fleeing, leaving him and the one. Voren bared his teeth at Zeseem, twirling his blade with a flourish. "Well then, hero, what will you do?"

He lunged at Zeseem, blade drove low -

TAG: @Mitth_Fisto (combo)
    ---
    IC: Bastila Shan

Bridge of the Dark Protector, Battle of Nouane

The team didn't have any issues reaching the bridge, for the crew was engaged with the Republic fleet. The attackers had pursued a desperate assault to keep the Dark Protector busy before the Centurion-class battle cruiser arrived and routed them, to try and give Bastila and the others every opportunity to strike Darth Revan.

But as Atin-Kot, Shysa and Yula reached the bridge, the doors to the corridor were thrown out, and Bastila was sent flying, slamming into the bulkhead. She wiped blood from her mouth as she stood up, glancing at the others, igniting her yellow-double-bladed lightsaber even as a wave of death filled the Force. "Come on!"

This wasn't part of the original plan; they were to escort Bastila's team off the ship -

Not join the fight against a Dark Lord of the Sith.

But Bastila had given her orders -

TAG: @darthbernael, @TheSilentInfluence, @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha (combo please, all three and me)

24. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    OOC: A fun combo of the battle with Revan

IC Atin-Kot, Shysa, Yula, Bastila, and Revan
    Bridge of the Dark Protector, Battle of Nouane

Atin-Kot felt the inexorable pull of Bastila’s words, even as shaken as she was the residual effects of her Battle Meditation still lingered, drew them on to assisting her, even outside their original mandate. He knew who she was fighting, well, and knew that this battle would be one that taxed them all. He’d hoped not to face Revan while the man was awake and able to fight, his presence would only fuel the man’s attacks.

But such was life and it was well known that no plan ever survived contact with the enemy. He sighed, summoning his double bladed saber to his hand, leaving it unlit for the moment. He moved in by Bastila’s side, opposite the hand holding her own double saber. ”I ssssupossse thisss issss asss good a placccce asss any to die, at leassst it’sss with a friend.”

Shysa quickly found herself at the bridge and winched when Bastila was thrown into the wall. She rushed to her side as well, reaching out with the force to tug on Bastila's force signature. To make sure she wasn't hurt too badly.

"Easy Bastila." Shysa told her quietly, before looking over at Atin-Kot as he spoke. She nodded in agreement at his words and then added, "But we’re not dying today. We can do this Bastila."

Yula gasped both at Bastila being thrown and at the strain on the Battle Meld. She nodded in approval of Atin Kot's words and stood braced and ready, her silver-bladed saber in her hand but unactivated.

Darth Revan regarded the four of them with some disdain.

There were several Jedi bodies on the floor, and some lesser Sith acolytes. The bridge crew was mostly alive, but keeping their heads down. A single captain was on the same level as Revan, and he was closer to the transparisteel than not.

The Republic fleet was giving it's all to the engagement, and the Dark Lord spoke, firmly. "Your death will be swift if the Dark Protector is imperilled by your incompetence." He didn't take his gaze off the four Jedi. His mask briefly took in the Taung.

"Traitors always die first."

He angled his red blade down, a Makashi action, and unspooled his strength into the Force.

It was incredible.

Looking at Darth Revan was like looking at power.

Bastila grimaced, and reinforced the battle meditation between them.

It wasn't enough to limit the impact of Revan, but it was something.

Atin-Kot smiled, an unpleasant, upside down look, at Revan’s words. He knew the man and the power he wielded.

And then he felt it as the man’s will pressed upon them all. He took a step back, to steady himself, snapped the hilt of his double saber, both yellow blades snapping to life. His smile broadened, ”Traitor you ssssay? To you? To the Dark Sssside? Or to the Forcccce?” a coughing laugh followed, his own will reinforcing Bastila’s supporting it, so the meld could strengthen. ”Only one of thosssse may be true, unlesssss you percccceive the isssssue as me helping you realizzzze the truth.”

He reached to his belt with his free hand, retrieving an item that had appeared nondescript before, a miniature comm. Touching the one stored code, ”Lord, we are aboard, on the bridge, and he is engaged.”

Shysa felt Revan's dark presence before she turned and saw him, and quickly activated her lightsaber. He felt powerful, and Shysa felt both fear and protectiveness go through her at the thought of facing him.

Maybe it was Bastila's battle meditation, but she felt like she could make a stand, despite the fear. She glanced back at Bastila for a moment, and then at Atin-Kot. What was he doing?

She stepped closer to Bastila, protective as she knew the other woman was hurt. Focus. I need to focus.

Yula felt a surge of icy chill go through her. What was Atin-Kot doing? she moved closer to Bastila and took a position next to Shysa. Now her lightsaber was mere press of the stud from activating.

Revan seemed nonplussed. He held the lightsaber up behind him, angled above, and then with a touch of the Force, rushed forward, sweeping the blade up at Yula, even as the bulkhead above Bastila and Shysa gave way as if ripped down -

The Dark Lord wasn't even pointing his hand at the bulkhead, it was clawed, a powerful gesture seizing Atin-Kot's throat -

Yula's blades were now activated, one deflecting and the other attacking, pushing back Revan's blade in a wide arc as she leapt to the side. She couldn't afford to divert her focus to what might be happening to Shysa.

Shysa jerked as if she had been struck and fell backwards as the bulkhead started to come down above her and Bastila. She felt her lightsaber clang to the floor at her feet before she threw her hands up in an attempt to stop the bulkhead with the force-

Atin-Kot swiftly slipped the com back on his belt as Revan rushed forward, knowing they only had to hold the man for the rest of the plan to take place, perhaps not exactly as the other Jedi had foreseen but still it would accomplish the miss…

He suddenly found his feet off the deck, his vision starting to have spots as Revan’s choke ripped at him. His eyes darted back and forth and he suddenly saw Shysa’s saber on the deck. Reaching out a hand he called it to him, igniting it as he lifted it and his, crossing them before him. The tug at his neck lessened, not fully going away as he blocked the flow of energy powering the choke and he coughed out, ”Thro...throw the bulkhead at him…

Revan looked from Atin to Shysa and Bastila, the latter taking advantage of Shysa's Force push up to move aside, and Revan simply nudged his chin down to push the light-fitting even harder down upon her, even as Bastila gestured with one hand to throw Shysa's lit blade at him -

He deflected the attack with his own lightsaber, eyes tracking Yula as she side-stepped, and Revan swung the hand holding Atin-Kot to hurl him at Yula even as Bastila rushed forward, twirling her blades to build momentum -

Revan held his weapon in two hands to catch Bastila's downward swing, her abandoning the battle meditation to pour all her potential into the attack, forcing Revan to focus on just her -

Shysa yelled as the bulk head was pulled from her grasp, and quickly doubled down on pushing it back up. She eyed her lightsaber waiting for her to grasp it again as she slowly took one hand away from the bulkhead, which was becoming too close for comfort.

She winched and fell on her knees, reaching out with her other hand to grab her lightsaber with the force. Revan had thrown it to the side, but if she could just grab it and move forward-

Shysa gritted her teeth as her lightsaber hit her hand, the cool metal in her palm strengthening her as she fought to get away from the bulkhead, she just had to get free-

Atin-Kot felt Revan throw him and he tucked into a ball. At the same moment, he Pushed himself, on the side closest to Revan, deflecting the throw. He grazed Yula’s side before hitting a console. An explosive exhalation of breath and he slumped down for a moment.

Catching his breath, he charged the bulkhead crushing toward Shysa, saber jumping to his belt for a moment. Grunting he lifted, augmenting his strength through the Force, fighting Revan’s Push. Inching slowly, it began to move. ”Keep him dissstracted!” he hissed out as he fought the Dark Lord. ’Lord, take the shot, now!’ he thought.

Yula fell free of the bulkhead and sent her blade arcing in its doubled form, deflecting and attacking in a fast-moving spiral.

She hoped this would be helpful to the others' strategies.

Revan looked to Atin-Kot, and then to the arriving Leviathan warship. His mask swung back at the Jedi, hand lifted, and he gestured aside Yula's blade, sending at the Taung and then squeezing, the captain of his ship gasping as his throat was suddenly crushed.

Bastila helped Shysa up and deflected Yula's blade with a turn, sending it spinning towards Yula - Bastila redirected it to land neatly in the Knight's hand, even as Revan stepped forward, blade held up and over -

As he did, his focus brought his great strength to bear upon the four Jedi, seizing their hearts with his impossible strength and squeezing -

Yula caught her saber and felt her heart being squeezed. She pushed back and concentrated on keeping a steady rhythm. She thought of the Force as a river and herself as a leaf floating on it, not wasting any energy, but soaking it in.

Shysa winched as Bastila helped her up, but didn't have time to thank anyone for the help as Revan started squeezing their hearts through the force. Shysa let out a wordless gasps and tried to calm herself through the force. She focused, quietly on the furthest edges of her mind, trying to bring herself peace and force Revan back-

As Bastila pulled Shysa free, Atin-Kot released his hold on the bulkhead. As he began to react to Yula’s blade arcing toward him, he dropped to a knee, the pressure on his heart suddenly immense. To his luck, she recovered, giving him the ability to focus on his heart. Clearing his mind, he poured his energy into keeping it beating and not being squeezed any tighter, all his focus on that, save one sliver, that the shot would come before his life ended.

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  25. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Zeseem Dunkel & Voren - A Combo with Sinrebirth
    Battle of Nouane

With Voren facing off against him, a boulder in the mans torrential river, the others left to aid Bastilla. He could tell the other was wounded, and knew it was the only reason he stood a chance. He calmly accepted the fate the Force was laying out for him, win or loose. He was ready.

Voren bared his teeth at Zeseem, twirling his blade with a flourish. "Well then, hero, what will you do?"

He lunged at Zeseem, blade drove low - using his embued staffs bottom he swept out to the side before back to dip the lightsaber tip at the others head. If he was luckily the sweeping block would make the Sith's lightsaber bounce out wide giving him just enough opening to dip his tip through the others head. And end this.

Even pained, Voren could see a trap and bind when it was thrown, and he took a small leap back to avoid the swipe and block, landing firmly as he drew his blade up to stab forward, targeting the Jedi's hands -

Sliding his hands up and down his lightsaber staff he let the enemies blade scrape the Force Embued wood, with a twist of his body and a shove he tried to push that blade hard away. To throw the other off balance before twirling his staff in a side step forward. Aiming to bisect the enemies head or bash it.

The blade took him across the scalp, and Voren tumbled to the floor. He wasn’t dead, but he had lost a chunk of his skull and his lightsaber tumbled from his hands as he ran out of energy to manage all the wounds.

Huffing on the floor, a hand to his head, Voren glared at the Jedi. “Just! DIE!” He splayed his free hand, fingers ready to erupt with lightning -

Sweeping his staff back around he did his best to try and catch the impending lightening upon his blade as he focused the Force into a barrier around himself. He only had to last, wait for the sith to tire and end the threat. He was a stone in the stream, he could not stop now.

Even a stone could erode over time... but Voren didn’t have time. He collapsed, flopping to the floor heavily in-front of him.

It was over... now what? What was the Jedi answer to a man who had tried to murder someone with his last conscious thought?

Kneeling next to the man he reached down and laid a hand on the man's head. His moist large black eyes slowing blinking his double eyelids as he looked at this being that had once been a Jedi, that had once been a bastion, fiery though he might of been, of peace.

Using the Force his hand began radiating light as he pushed, soft and gentle with that light upon that man. "May you find peace and balance in whatever comes. Light guide you, brother." he simply whispered in a prayer to the Force as he tried to help this lost soul cross over before rejoining Bastilla.

TAG: @Sinrebirth