main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[TV] The "Lost" Thread

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Sith_Slayer, Oct 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    Bump. New episode airs tomorrow night.

2. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    SOOO HAPPY!!

My personal opinion about who dies...it will be Libby.

3. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Interesting episode last night.

I'm curious if Sayid really saw Walt, or was just humoring Shannon.

They both heard the whispers though.

Didn't get a whole lot of add'l backstory on Shannon/Boone. Although there was some insight into why she would conceivably want to stick it to her stepmother.

Nasty wig on Boone.

I'm also intrigued by what Ana Lucia meant when she told Mr. Eko - this one's on you . To me, it implied that at some point on the island, she had made a decision that had resulted in trouble/death/etc.

Should be interesting to see Ana's flashback & learn (hopefully) if/why she is no longer with LAPD. Perhaps a similar incident of a wrongful shooting?

Of course the Internet theories abound regarding Ana Lucia the cop/ex-cop & Kate the fugitive, and how their relationship will ultimately play out.

I wonder if/when Locke's gonna bust Charlie on his Mother Theresa fixation? Although Charlie playing the over-protective/jealous "father" to Aaron was an interesting development.

From a timeline standpoint, we learn that Shannon is 18 during her flashback to her father's death. During the Season 1 episode in which Hurley is taking the 'census', she says she is 20. This would also jive with Boone stating he was 21 in the flashback last night, and 23 during the census.

So, it's also been only two years since the car accident where Jack meets his wife-to-be until the crash on the island. Not a whole lot of time for things to go south/sour in their relationship.

More new episodes continue over the next few weeks leading into Network sweeps, with an EXPANDED episode next week.

4. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    This is sad...I dreamed about LOST last night and I had this really great question...and now I am drawing a blank.

OH I remembered....did anyone see Jack running down the hall when the other doctor was talking to Shannon and her evil step-mom?

5. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    I also got an email from ABC...you can check out what is coming up and they have a poll.

6. jthornto

jthornto Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2005

There's also a Lost Podcast put on by ABC and published every Tuesday.

Haven't had a chance to listen to it yet, but I have liked this one called Lost: The Transmission. It's put on by a couple in Hawaii and provides a good wrap up, details, things you might have missed, and the occasional theory. Cool!

7. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Yes, the Transmission frequently turns up gems. That's where I first found the pics of Ana Lucia as LAPD.

8. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    This was on my LOST email group...Since we saw Jack in this past episode when they were talking to the evil step-mother and Shannon.

----------
    Since there seems to be some debate about the cause of the accident that killed Adam Rutherford, Shannon's Father, I will use a transcript snippet from "Man of Science Man of Faith" to clear things up a bit:

FLASHBACK to Jack in the hospital ER -- woman being wheeled in on gurney.]

EMT: Female, late 20's, no ID, she coded twice on the way over here.

NURSE: Where's the other one?

EMT: Right behind us. They're on their way -- Fire Department had to use the jaws.

INTERN: What have we got here?

JACK [entering]: Piece of the steering column. All right, let's go. Keep that collar steady. Page my father.

INTERN: Already did.

JACK [to EMT]: Tell me.

EMT: Her tire blew, car jumped the divider, went head-on with an SUV.

NURSE: BP's dropping.

JACK: Pericardial's pierced. Was she driving?

EMT: Yes, alone.

JACK: Where's the driver of the SUV?

[A man is wheeled in on a gurney.]

EMT #2: Adam Rutherford, 57, chest trauma, no breath sounds.

JACK [to Intern]: Tube Mr. Rutherford while I...

INTERN: I can't intubate, you've got to.

NURSE: Dr. Shepard, her BP's 80 over 60.

NURSE #2: Dr. Shepard, his breathing's deteriorating.

JACK [deciding to work on the woman]: Okay, need a syringe -- big one. You, hold pressure. [He pulls the piece of the steering column out of the woman's chest.]

NURSE: 88 over 52, no radial pulse.

JACK: I know. I know -- sac's flooded. Where's that...

NURSE [handing him a syringe]: Right here. Got it?

JACK: Yep.

NURSE #2: Doctor, we're losing him.

[Jack continues working on the woman as we hear the sound of Adam Rutherford's heart monitor flat-lining.]

NURSE: BP stabilizing.

NURSE #2: Time of death 8:15am.

JACK: Okay, get me a blood gas and C-spine. Get her up to ICU and keep her immobilized.

[We see that the woman Jack has been working on is Sarah.]

SARAH [whispering weakly]: I want to dance at my wedding.

INTERN: Did you hear that?

NURSE: Sweety, you need to take it easy, okay. Just relax.

INTERN: What did she say?

JACK: She said she has to dance at her wedding.

9. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Well, after finally reading all 11 pages of this thread, I have decided that yes, sith_slayer needs some help........a lot of help actually. :) I have thought some about the episodes but I have never gone into such depth! After reading all the posts it makes view a lot of things differently and really gets me thinking and analyzing the show. (Geez!) This is what I think...
    We know the island was for scientific research based off the film in the hatch. I think perhaps it could have also been used by the US Army as a place for experimental uses. Perhaps weapons of war... aka the "monster" in the jungle, the doors with Quarentine on them could have been for chemical weapons. And perhaps the ones left behind, "the others", people that have experimented on. The numbers drive me nuts! I'm not even going to get into those in fear that sith_slayer with write another page on them. :)
    I was interested on why the guy that was posing as one of the surviors but was actually one of the others said they took the people who were good. (sorry I'm horrible at remember character's names) I wonder what he meant by that.....
    Well, that's all I can analyze tonight.

10. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    OK this is kind of creepy.

I should have had Deborah (my friend who is in Ireland) play these numbers.

11. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    It is Wednesday.

[anikan]yippppeee![/anikan]

12. jthornto

Jan 20, 2005

Tonight's is the last new episode until Jan. 11, 2006, per aintitcool.com.

13. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Correct....unfortunately.

Episode 2.9 "What Kate Did" airs tonight.

First couple of weeks in January are shaping up though. Return of new episodes of Stargate/Atlantis/BSG on Sci-Fi Friday January 6, and new Lost the following Wednesday the 11th.

14. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Article from tvguide.com

Next's week's episode is Everyone Hates Hugo.

Has Lost Seen the Last of Shannon?
    by Shawna Malcom

Nearly three weeks after her tragic death, many fans of ABC's Lost (Wednesdays at 9 pm/ET) still mourn Shannon Rutherford. Sure, Shannon (played by Maggie Grace) was spoiled, emotionally stunted and preoccupied with parading around in bikinis and giving herself pedicures. And yes, she showed questionable judgment when she indulged in an icky precrash hookup with ill-fated stepbrother Boone (Ian Somerhalder). But boy, the girl sure knew how to make an exit.

In Lost's Nov. 9 episode, just as viewers started to get a little insight into what made the rich bitch tick ? her daddy died, leaving her with an evil stepmom and (the horror!) no trust fund ? she was killed by trigger-happy "tailie" Ana Lucia (Michelle Rodriguez). In one explosive instant, it was bye-bye, Shannon, hello, conflict!

"We didn't want the integration of the tailies and the fuselage survivors to be easy," explains executive producer Carlton Cuse, referring to the show's two groups of Oceanic Airlines Flight 815 survivors, who, following an episode recapping the newfound castaways' first weeks of eerie island existence, started to deal with the shooting's fallout in the Nov. 23 episode. Now, says cocreator and executive producer Damon Lindelof, "It's a really complicated and messy situation."

We'll say. Deciding which character would be next to perish, however, proved relatively painless. After Boone's death in April, producers realized that "the story avenues for Shannon felt limited," Cuse explains. He adds that Grace took the news, well, gracefully. The 22-year-old Ohio native, who recently starred in the horror flick The Fog with Smallville's Tom Welling, was eager to try her luck at a full-time film career. "I think it was sort of a win-win," Cuse says.

As it seems to be for viewers as well ? consider the slew of juicy plot developments the offing offered. Just last week a grieving Sayid (Naveen Andrews) pondered avenging his girlfriend's death by turning a gun on Ana Lucia, and dared to take on the imposing Mr. Eko (Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje). Meanwhile, the other survivors struggled to determine whether or not Shannon's death was actually accidental.

Looking ahead, don't rule out a reappearance by Grace. "Characters on Lost stay dead," Cuse maintains. But there is "the possibility that she could cross in [another character's] backstory," just as Jack (Matthew Fox) passed through Shannon's own Nov. 9 flashback.

And when she does, she'll probably have the perfect pedicure.

15. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Here is a Canadian version of the promos for last night's episode. Interesting it is different.

16. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    I guess life on the island must be rough.

Two 'Lost' Stars Charged With DUI
    Friday December 2 10:05 AM ET

Michelle Rodriguez and Cynthia Watros, who star on ABC's "Lost," were arrested within 15 minutes of each other in Kailua for allegedly driving under the influence of an intoxicant.

Both failed field sobriety tests and were released Thursday on $500 bail each, police said. The actresses, who were in separate cars, were arrested after their vehicles were spotted weaving on Pali Highway, which connects Kailua and Honolulu, police said.

Watros, who portrays Libby on "Lost," was arrested at 12:05 a.m. Rodriguez, who plays Ana Lucia, was arrested at 12:20 a.m., according to police records. Rodriguez was booked under the name Mayte Michelle Rodriguez.

Calls placed by The Associated Press after business hours seeking comment from "Lost" spokesman Jeff Fordis weren't immediately returned.

Rodriguez, 27, and Watros, 37, were to appear at a driver's license revocation hearing at Kaneohe District Court on Dec. 29, police records showed.

Motorists arrested for operating a vehicle under the influence of an intoxicant automatically have their driver's licenses revoked. They are given a temporary license that allows them to drive, but under several restrictions.

17. jthornto

Jan 20, 2005
    If you look closely, you can see who's in the looking glass. What's he doing there?

18. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Do you mean who is on the television?

19. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
  20. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    "News" Article on Oceanic

TORONTO ? Nov 1, 2005 - PB-Sales (TSX: PBS.T) announced today that it has agreed to acquire the assets of the former Oceanic Airlines, in a transaction valued at approximately $750 million.

Oceanic Airlines based in Los Angeles, CA, was founded in 1980 and ceased operations in January 2005. Oceanic experienced financial difficulties after the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks along with most other commercial airlines, and reduced their fleet in 2002 from 23 to 8 aircraft in an attempt to maintain profitability.

Oceanic lost several class action lawsuits in relation to a terrorist attack on Flight 343 from Athens to Dulles in 1996, as well as an incident involving nerve gas in 2000 on Flight 762, from Sydney to Los Angeles. Although Oceanic implemented security measures to reduce the risk of terrorist attacks, the class action suit for the loss of Flight 815 in September 2004 for over $4B USD plunged Oceanic into Chapter 13 bankruptcy from which it could not recover.

Oceanic Flight 815 went missing under mysterious circumstances on a flight from Sydney to Los Angeles. No trace was ever found of Flight 815 despite intensive search and rescue operations, and the investigation concluded that the Boeing 777 aircraft with over 300 passengers broke apart on impact with the Pacific and sank without a trace.

Oceanic Airlines ceased operations on January 24th 2005 . President and founder Michael Orteig expressed regret that Oceanic had to cease operations after 25 years.

The offer to purchase the remaining assets of Oceanic Airlines by PB-Sales is considered to be a risky proposition in an industry that has faced huge financial and safety issues over the past 4 years, however PB-Sales is optimistic that Oceanic can be a viable operation focusing on the lucrative South-Pacific routes.

FAA review and approval is required prior to Oceanic being able to start flying, however PB-Sales is confident that the approval will be forthcoming and that Oceanic Airlines may be flying again as early as December 2005.

?We are excited about Oceanic Airlines and its prospects and are eager to provide a superior experience in terms of comfort and safety under the well respected Oceanic name.? said Vincent Madison, Director of Corporate Communications for PB-Sales. ?The company has a long history of service in the South Pacific and attractive growth opportunities.?

The acquisition is subject to customary conditions, including receipt of required regulatory approvals, and is expected to close before the end of year or in early 2006.

PB-Sales is a diversified company with annual consolidated revenues of approximately $17 billion and consolidated assets of approximately $14 billion. PB-Sales is one of Canada ?s largest companies with global operations in transportation, service, manufacturing and technology industries. Its operating companies include Merrick Biotech., Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems., Geocomtex and Daystrom Data Concepts. PB-Sales shares trade on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the stock symbol PBS.T.

For further information: Vincent Madison ? (416) 958-2211

For more information on PB-Sales, visit its website at www.pb-sales.com.

This news release may contain forward-looking statements that are based on management?s current expectations and are subject to known and unknown uncertainties and risks, which could cause actual results to differ materially from those contemplated or implied by such forward-looking statements.PB-Sales is under no obligation to update any forward-looking statements contained herein should material facts change due to new information, future events, or otherwise.

21. jthornto

Jan 20, 2005
    oo-oo!! I can do you one better! ;)
    Received this after visiting King Cross State Police web site.

Agent 6789010,
    Here are your login credentials for the King Cross State Police data
    system.

Go To: http://www.kingcrossstatepolice.com/

UA-4815-XXXXXXX-X2
    [password hidden] :p

DO NOT SHARE THIS DATA. Your account will be terminated if this data
    shared.

It would be wise for you to get caught up on my older messages.
    Check out the email archive after you login to my secure intranet.

Dr. Candle
    KCSP Mental Health Systems

I don't think this or the pb-sales.com are Disney/ABC sanctioned sites or just fan sites.

22. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    At least I am in good company when it comes to speeding.

23. Joseph_Orion

Joseph_Orion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    Michelle Rodriguez rocks my world

24. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    My sister bought my mom the first season of Lost on DVD, and we're now a couple of discs into it. (Though I MISSED a disc when they started it without me yesterday evening. :_|)

Before this, I think I'd seen one episode of season 1. Then we caught a couple of episodes this season, going up to current time and mostly dealing with the people from the tail section. It's weird watching first season now... I mean, there is a lot I don't know, but I also have knowledge of certain people who will die, and certain people who won't die.

This show is definitely addicting, though. I got home at 11:30 last night and we ended up watching till about 2:30 am.

25. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    [mr. burns]excellent[/mr. burns]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.