main
side
curve

[TV] The "Lost" Thread

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Sith_Slayer, Oct 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    If things don't go Michelle Rodriguez's way over the next couple of months, her recent run-ins with [link=http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,18057,00.html?fdnews] Hawaii Five-Oh [/link]could result in her becoming lost from the series in her own manner.

If convicted of probation violation, she could easily face 18-months+ of incarceration.

Hmmmm....Perhaps she would be abducted by the Others for a season and a half....

2. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    I was reading a bit of the LOST magazine at Borders last night.

Here are some tidbits I picked up.

[hl=black]-The 6 bunkers are all on the island.
    -The fact that Mr. Ecko is Nigerian and the drug plane was from Nigeria. They suggested a connection.
    -They talked about the Dharma Initiative is a study of sociology, psychology and zoology. Hence the contention with the shark & the polar bear.[/hl]

I need to actually pick that up...had some great articles in it.

3. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Is that the 1st Issue that came out a while ago? I hope they're not reporting such old news in more recent issues.

4. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    I looked for an issue # on it, but couldn't find it. I'll check it out next time I am at Barnes & Noble.

Do you by chance have issue 1?

5. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    A critic's review of the top show of the year.

1. ( tie with Battlestar Galactica) LOST

The series that has been given credit for the plethora of multiple-arc shows to appear last fall, ?Lost? remains the best of the lot. Writing that continues to build up layers of mystery, while revealing clues at irregular enough intervals to intrigue most and annoy many; an ensemble cast that is almost without equal in television drama [only the ?Battlestar Galactica,? ?Alias? and ?Invasion? casts are as consistently excellent]; and a firm sense that the show?s creative team actually knows where it?s going, are what sets ?Lost? apart from every other TV dram but two.

Characters like the stalwart Jack [Matthew Fox]; sweet but tough Kate [Evangeline Lilly], morals-free but occasionally charming Sawyer [Josh Holloway], gentle warrior Hurley [Jorge Garcia] and the mysterious Locke [Terry O?Quinn] have been developed in ways that often confound our initial impressions. Situations ? like encounters with ?The Others?; the deaths of regular characters; and the way that characters have a tendency to pop up in each others? backstories all combine to draw viewers deeper into an expertly woven web of plot arcs. And then, there?s that button ? and that scratchy old film?

The ?Lost? creative team is doing the television equivalent of juggling chainsaws, and so far, at least, they haven?t dropped one, or decapitated anyone.

6. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    I'm pretty certain that I have Issue 1. I'll check at home.

7. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    :D

I know how much you love the smilie faces.

8. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    [link=http://www.hawaiiup.com/lost/]Here [/link] is a pretty cool website that has podcast from Hawaii.

The top podcast as a list of award nominations.

9. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    [hl=black][link=http://www.4815162342.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6056]These [/link] images where in the black smoke.[/hl]

10. artoosmommy

artoosmommy Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2005
    ^^ I am SO in need of a new t.v.

11. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    LOST won best drama at the Golden Globes last night.

12. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Been pretty busy this week, but I thought I would say a few things about last night.
    [hl=black]
    First of all, Sarah is an idiot. That goes without saying. It sort of reminds me of the women who married musicians back in Nashville. They love the fact that their husband is a musician, but then they expect a different type of lifestyle where the husband is home all the time, etc. etc. You 'knew' what you were getting yourself into.

As for Michael. I am curious if he was shot...and apparantly he did that find 'The Others', well according to Zeke. Also, how did he know everyone's names. Minus Kate's? Also did you catch the name of the person he asked to bring Kate out? Alex, Danielle the French woman's son.

And what did anyone think of last's week episode with Mr. Eko and the black smoke?[/hl]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.