main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[TV] The "Lost" Thread

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Sith_Slayer, Oct 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    My aversion to TV has kept me from channel surfing at any time I might catch this.

When is Lost on?

2. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    Wednesday Nights on ABC. 8PM in our neck of the woods.

I'd recommend watching Season 1 on DVD first.

3. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    HD, I missed this post earlier. Yes, "Turn of the Screw" was the book behind which the "Orientation" film was stashed.

I believe "The Third Policeman" was on a chair, or the bed, or something like that

4. BerusBantha

BerusBantha Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 11, 2004
    I must say I knew that girl that was thrown down into the pit would turn out to be evil.

And if this Dharma society or whatever it was called was not just playing mind games with people and actually "saving the world", why didn't they send in new people after the others died and left only one person---Desmond, since there are supposed to be two? And why not bring in newer updated computers? You would have to know that wouldn't last forever.
    I really want to know what will happen if that execute button is not pushed! But I'm sure we won't find out for a long time since I bet Locke will be pushing that button for a long time.

And I am still wondering about why Locke is able to walk now. Was it really all in his head that he couldn't walk? From what we see of his backstory he is somewhat messed up mentally. We never have found out why he was in that wheelchair that I can remember.

5. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Regarding the book(s) in the hatch:

[image=http://lost-media.com/modules/coppermine/albums/ep-caps/season2/2x03-orientation/4/orientation-cap159.jpg]

6. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    Concerning Locke. Do we know how he got paralyzed. I am thinking no...which I am sure we wil find out later.

Now as far as the girl, from Fast & Furious. Was she one of the 'others' before they crashed. She was the one that Jack had a 'drink' with at the bar.

7. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    BTW....

Did anyone see the preview where Jin was speaking in English?

8. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    The book/periodical immediately to the right of "Turn of the Screw" has a June 2003 date on the spine (Volume 4)

Immediately to the right of that is "ECG Workout: Excercises in Arrythmia Interpretation
    4th edition (December 15, 2001)"

Desmond mentioned (I believe) that he'd been in the hatch for 3 years, right?

In addition to the "modern" trash can in the kitchen, the washer/dryer seemed pretty up to date too, if I recall correctly.

Do we know for certain exactly when "current" events are meant to be taking place?

Given that each season of the show appears to cover (so far) 40-45 days in time on the Island, it will take 8 seasons to cover one year of elapsed time for the Lostaways.

Is it possible that Flight 815 didn't/won't even take off until 2009/2010?

Does anyone remember if we've seen a close up shot of the plane tickets for any of the passengers in season 1? Are there any dates on them?

Great....now I've got to review Season 1 DVD's in all my spare time....

9. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    No, we haven't been shown how Locke got paralyzed yet.

Ana Lucia was definitely the chica that Jack met in the airport lounge prior to take off.

Her seat was in the tail section of the plane. Now....as to whether or not she was actually sitting in it at the time.....

10. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002

Oh yes....but something about the "brightness" of that scene leads me to believe that it might be some kinda dream-sequence or something.

His English was too crisp & clear for it to have been something that he had just learned.

So, either he (like his wife Sun) has this English-speaking secret too, or it's some kind of dream/flashback thang going on.

11. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002

I would go more with the dream. Only because he was so hurt when he learned his wife spoke English.

I remember the actor from Angel...so I KNOW he actually does speak English.

12. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002

Looks like the two-man in the hatch theory might be worth reconsidering now.

13. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Here is a website for the Hanso Foundation.

14. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    I was just thinking.

If the Island is Station 3. I am going to assume that there are a stations 1 & 2. Perhaps even more?

EDIT:

It is 3 of 6.

15. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Edit: Double post

16. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    HD had already posted this info as well:

17. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    I missed that...thanks.

and did you realize you double-posted?

18. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002

My thoughts:

4 8 15 16 23 42

Research stations on the island: Magnetic (Swan), Zoological, Meteorological, Psychology, Parapsychology, and Sociology (Utopian).

Although the Hanso website references 7 "projects".

Perhaps 108 (the sum of the other 6 numbers) represents the 7th station?
    So each number represents a research station?

19. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002

Oops....all better now.

20. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    There seem to be a lot of "father" references/relationships in the show.

Jack's Dad
    Sun's Father
    Locke's "Father"
    Sawyer's Father/Mother
    Hurley's Grandfather/Mother
    Shannon's Father (Presumably?)

Sun's Father specifically seems to wield the most power/influence.

In fact, there is a scene in Season 1 with Jin in his office, where an island is visible on his two monitor screens:

[image=http://keefeandconci.com/sunfatheroffc.jpg]

There are also some pics on the opposite wall, but I can't make them out for certain.

21. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    ...and Kate's father was a "Ranger"....covert Black Ops anyone....on an....Island perhaps???

22. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Provided of course, we can actually believe Kate....

23. Joseph_Orion

Joseph_Orion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    This is the only show I watch.

I should've known you guys were gonna over analyze this show lmao

24. jthornto

jthornto Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2005

For those who want to see the orientation video again, it's an Easter Egg on the Hanso Foundation web site. Here's the direct link: http://www.thehansofoundation.org/dharma.html.

I'm definitely of the opinion that it's all a mind game and behavioral experiment put on by this Hanso Foundation. Why else would you have them pressing a button and getting a pellet (a reset counter)? People would only respond, in this case, if they thought there was an extreme negative reinforcement, such as THE END OF THE WORLD!
    I'd be very surprised if they don't try and find out exactly how all the machinery works and how the computer input affects it.

25. Joseph_Orion

Joseph_Orion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    a co-worker's friend is the one that did most of the CG work on the shark in the 2nd episode. I feel crappy knowing the truth about the shark now :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.