main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Twelve Past Victory (H/L, H/L/L friendship, post-ANH) Updated 09-12 (FINISHED!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Lady_Moonbeam, Jul 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lady_Moonbeam

Lady_Moonbeam Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 4, 2002
    Title: Twelve Past Victory

Summary: After the Death Star battle, Han and Leia have to figure a few things out about attraction, friendship, grief, celebration, love, and the makings of a really great mint-ale flash.

Note: The story is divided up into "hours," meaning the hours past the end of ANH (the awards ceremony). Some hours may be in one post, others may take two to finish up.

Enjoy!

The First Hour

Han Solo had a few guidelines for getting along in his life. He supposed that, having devoted several odd years of his life to the pursuit of smuggling (which was really a very high-stress job, rife with starship chases, broken hyperdrives, jettisoned shipments, slimy Hutts, and drinking problems), he was experienced enough to have a small list of simple rules that were as unsuited to bending and breaking as the Falcon. Though, considering how often the Falcon needed repairs, he might have to revise some of his metaphors.

The list was fairly short and encompassed, Han felt, everything that really mattered, capable of covering all situations, and well-known enough to be written only inside of his head, which was the only place where the rules to surviving his own life really belonged. The list was as strong as a mortally-insulted Wookiee, true as a hero?s blade, and pure as the virgin priestess of Chull. The list, in fact, was as follows:

1. Never, under any circumstances, attempt to seduce a woman who, a) has more than three arms, b) is quadruple-jointed, c) has tentacles, or d) talks about marriage within the first ten minutes. Option E includes all of the above options, and all E specimens of women should be avoided at all costs.

2. Never, under any circumstances, agree to smuggle spice to any planet that finds corporal punishment mandatory for any crime larger than tossing a snack-wrapper out of a speeder.

3. Never, under any circumstances, let Chewbacca decide what you are going to have for any meal, ever.

4. Never, under any circumstances, refuse to consider the money. You are an undignified, uninterested, unbound pilot. Maintain that image before anyone figures out that there is a small chance you might give a damn about them for some reason other than credits. The exception is Chewbacca.

5. Never, under any circumstances, keep a pet. The interior of your ship is still recovering from the last one.

6. Never, under any circumstances, spend more time thinking about a certain stubborn, snotty, idealistic, head-in-the-clouds, superior princess who shall remained unnamed than you do about things like money, the Falcon, and getting drunk.

The sixth rule on the unbreakable list of rules was a recent addition. Before the Death Star and, more importantly, before the Death Star battle, he hadn?t needed a sixth rule?five would have been enough. But having already broken the fourth rule on the list because of a naïve farmboy and an arrogant princess, Han realized that he had been getting slack. He had to pay more attention to his choices. Thus, the addition of the sixth unbreakable rule. He could keep his thoughts on track now. It was refreshing to remember that he had control over his life and that he wasn?t going to be dragged on any high-minded moralistic crusade for the right.

All of this was contradicted by the fact that he was sitting in the east hangar of the Rebel Alliance?s base on Yavin IV, a hero?s medal on his neck and a sheepish grin on his face as he played about with the Falcon?s control panel and received claps on the back from bright-eyed Alliance members, most of whom either wanted to ask for his autograph, his credentials, pieces of his clothing, or the miracle that kept his ship running. So he hadn?t quite flown the coup yet?so what? He was still enjoying the aftermath of his kamikaze flight. Heroes got better treatment and significantly more status than guys just in it for the money. He?d already had seven high-ranking officials, three captains, four commanders, two lie

2. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    ROFL!!!! This is great... I loved Han's list!!! Love how you made fun of Han's little weaknesses like that! Can't wait until more!

3. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    Moonbeam this is great!!!

I like the way you captured both Luke and Han's attitudes.

I am eagerly awaitng more :D

4. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Jedi_Humaira_Blaine Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 27, 2003
    Lady_Moonbeam what a wonderful Han p.o.v story! Haha! [face_laugh]

I agree with bobilll in that Han's list was a hoot! ;) And the way he was so worried he'd break rule 6! :D There were so many priceless lines in this piece!

Oh and this line was a gem!:-

?Kid?? Han sighed. ?Go be a Jedi somewhere else, okay??

Heheh [face_laugh]

Typical Han! :D

Great work...hope to see more! :)

5. Miska

Miska Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2002
    awww!!! This is looking to be a great fic- I love the Rules (especially numbers 4 and 6 ;-), and the idea of breaking it up into hours. And I definitely can't wait for the next part!! I'll be back on Thursday!

6. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    I loved this.

It's fun to see the normally cool and collected Han so unsure of himself, and the list is hilarious.

Looking forward to the next post!

7. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    And eight-legged hell beasts won?t drag it out of me that I related wiring to some unattainable princess. [face_laugh]

Fantastic, Moonbeam! I'm agog, agog, I tell you! It's great (of course), it's funny, it's not morbid, and it's written by you! :eek: :p

This could be really, really good, Moonbeam, and if the next 11 posts are like this one, it may be a masterpiece. :D

Again, great start, Moonbeam.

8. Kab730

Kab730 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2001
    Great start-I'm looking forward to hour 2

9. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Very cute, Lady_Moonbeam. Loved Han's list of rules. Can't wait to see what you have planned for the other 11 hours.

10. starwarsfan68

starwarsfan68 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2003
    Loved it!! Can't wait for more.

11. Puggy

Puggy Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    First off, Han's list had me cracking up. Honestly. Had there been anyone up in this room, they would have thought I've gone insane.

Brown. Leia?s hair was brown. And oh stars, the sixth rule was failing absolutely to perform its duty. Too bad it would be counterproductive to drum it off the list entirely.

That was more than perfect! I loved the comparisons you drew between the wires and Leia.

Ah, Moony, I'm so glad you're writing a Han/Leia-ish fic! I absolutely adore your writing style--it's just so beautiful. And I can't wait for the next hours... The whole hour thing is a really interesting concept.

Keep up the awesome work--I'll definitely come back in Thursday! :)

12. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    Heehee, I loved this!

Here, exactly, is what I loved:

It was refreshing to remember that he had control over his life and that he wasn?t going to be dragged on any high-minded moralistic crusade for the right.

And eight-legged hell beasts won?t drag it out of me that I related wiring to some unattainable princess.

And she told me to tell you that she isn?t surprised you managed to get your door sealed shut from the inside.

Well. At least now he had an excuse.

Very good!

--Yané

13. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    Rule number 1: LOL! And I loved the way Han related the wiring to Leia! That was excellent. The fact that it got him stuck was even better. :)

J_Girl

14. Lady_Moonbeam

Aug 4, 2002
    First of all, thanks to you all. This is by far the best response I've ever had on the opening of a story.

bobill--Han is way too fun for me to not sneak into his head. The list was terrific fun to write.

maramijade--Thanks! I think I write Han decently, at least, but I always have trouble stepping into Luke's thoughts, so I'm thrilled to see that I did a good job on both of them.

Jedi_Humaira_Blaine--Writing from Han's POV just brings in natural humor. Thanks for quoting a line, too, that gives me a great idea of what you like.

Miska--The list seems to be a hit! As for the hours, I wanted to have a different, inspiring format, and this just hit me.

Gina--Thank you. I really think that Han is usually confident, but on the grounds of Leia, I just can't picture him feeling quite so sure of himself. More on that in the next post. ;)

Knight-Ander--I dearly love your feedback. [face_love] I know, I must have really startled you by coming out with something where no one dies. :D But I do have a place in my heart for humor. Masterpiece? [face_blush] You're giving me a lot to live up to.

Kab730--Thanks! I'll see you on Thursday, then.

Jedi-2B--Great to have you around. I think I can guarantee a nice ride through the hours, too. Glad to see that you liked the list, too!

starwarsfan68--Judging by your sig, I think I'm portraying your favorite 'ship? ;)

Puggy--One of my favorite H/L writers shows up to critique! You know I love your work, it's a great inspiration. I had fun with the wiring comparisons. *swoons from feedback* I don't think I'm that great. But I do like to hear it anyway. [face_love]

Handmaiden_Yane--Thanks so much for quoting! I love hearing specifically what people like.

J_Girl-- :) In the beginning, Han wasn't even supposed to get stuck. And then, when I was writing, it just happened. SW has really invaded me, hasn't it?

The next post will be up promptly on Thursday, have no fear. It's already written, in fact, just because you all have given such great feedback, here's a little-tiny excerpt:

Her face gradually returning to its natural color, calmed by the invitation and further reassured by the cockiness, she said mildly, ?I couldn?t care less if you decided to flirt with every other woman in the Alliance.?

I'm saving all the funny ones for the actual post, though. I don't want to waste them. :D

15. Sunshine

Sunshine Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 15, 2003
    6. Never, under any circumstances, spend more time thinking about a certain stubborn, snotty, idealistic, head-in-the-clouds, superior princess who shall remained unnamed than you do about things like money, the Falcon, and getting drunk.

That, Lady_Moonbeam was priceless.

You've got me hooked right there.

You have his character nailed, L_M. Perfect.

I love this, L_M. Be prepared for my constant comments now.

16. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    I'd say the same, Padawan. Moone' here is an incredible writer.

*giggles* I love Lukie! He's so cute. And Han's rules were hilarious. You're so creative, Moon. I'll definetly be reading from now on.

17. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

Oh my God, Moone, this was simply DELICIOUS! It's adorable! It's...it's Han, Leia and Luke!

The six rules were wonderful and so in character for Han Solo.

This fic is off to a rip-roaring start. I'll be waiting for the next post on Thursday with a big goofy grin on my face. ;)

18. TiaRaye

TiaRaye Jedi Master star 1

Jun 3, 2003
    Whoopie!

LM, I am so glad that you decided to do this. I love the concept of the hours, and I must say that I DEVOUR anything written between ANH and ESB. I love watching the characters getting to know each other.

Will this whole story be from Han's POV, or are we going to get into some of the other character's heads?

19. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Will this whole story be from Han's POV, or are we going to get into some of the other character's heads?

Ah, good question. I'm curious to know the answer myself. :)

20. JainaPadmeJade

JainaPadmeJade Jedi Youngling star 5

Dec 20, 2002
    Oh i loved this!! Can't wait for more. i especially liked the comment Leia made about the door being selaed from the inside. This is priceless.

21. kristeh

kristeh Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2003
    Oh, this was priceless! I love the trio and you have captured their personalities perfectly.

I have a feeling Han may have trouble with several of his rules before it's over.

Can't wait for more.

22. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    L_M- ;) Anytime. I feel the same way.

--Yané

23. Lady_Moonbeam

Aug 4, 2002
    New readers! Okay, everyone, the next post will be up tomorrow, as planned. I'm fine-tuning it right now. So you know, there will be a slight increase of the romance angle from now on, since Leia will actually be present.

Sunshine--Aw, thanks! I really like writing Han, he's great fun. And I'm happy to see that you'll be here for the ride.

Emmi-- [face_blush] That's really flattering. And yes, Luke is adorable, particularly in ANH. So innocent and naive. Thanks so much.

LP--I drew in another one of my favorite H/L authors! :D The pressure's going to start getting to me, but I'll try to keep your grin in place.

TiaRaye--Glad to have you around! I think it's an interesting period to explore too, because all of the characters are still curious about each other. So far, the story is planned to be completely from Han's perspective, but since I have the tendency to improvise, you may see another person's POV popping up, but it's unlikely.

Knight-Ander--And see above!

JainaPadmeJade--Leia gets to make a lot of great comments in this, particularly to Han. She's in the process of shattering his self-image. ;)

kristeh--Thanks! Yep, that list is going to be in shambles by the end of the night.

Yané--Great!

-------------------------

And the new post comes up tomorrow, and you all get to see if I can carry this off or not. *bites nails*

24. alhana_antilles

alhana_antilles Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 16, 2002
    Great fic Lady_Moonbeam. Can't wait for some more.

That line was great! [face_laugh]
    It's so Han. Keep up the good work.

25. zsuzsa

zsuzsa Jedi Master star 1

Mar 10, 2003
    ?And she told me to tell you that she isn?t surprised you managed to get your door sealed shut from the inside.?

?Go be a Jedi somewhere else, okay??- I?m still laughing.

I think deep within a handful of Han, Leia and Luke torturing fictions running on these boards we need some humor and a little peace and rest to our heroes. They need a lot of energy to survive all the stories around.

Zs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.